Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Whoo hoo Sheridan!!!!!!!!

16 pounds in three weeks is AWESOME, sweetie!!!! Wow, you've really got some JUDDD magic going!!

BTW, I missed your original reply to me upthread. Thanks for saying that. Makes me feel good, and especially with the success you're having!! Whoo hooooooo!!!!!
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012
Y'all are simply THE BEST!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
So happy for you, Sheridan! Loved reading this report. I've seen a number of folks come here and then as they go along on this woe, I see something in them transform.... I can hear it and see it in their posts, and can tell they are happier, lighter inside their minds and hearts, losing weight, and doing well! You're definitely on track, and the magic is building and building. Expect only more great things in the weeks and months to come! you, JUDDD bud.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Wonderful update! 16 pounds gone in 3 weeks is AMAZING!!! KUTGW!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, it's me again.

Just over 7 weeks have passed since I took a chance on JUDDD.

52 days.

And in those 52 days, I've gained. Yes, I've GAINED! And I'm so, so happy I have.

I've gained my life back! And I've gained a wonderful, caring bunch of JUDDD BUDDS!

I feel like *me* again, for the first time in a long, long time.

My demeanor has changed back to my "old self". My overall mood has greatly improved. My husband has really noticed.

I've got my energy back. My life doesn't revolve around food any more. I still love to cook and will always be a "foodie", but I'm not obsessed with anything food-wise now. If it sounds good, I can have it. If not today, then tomorrow!

My body shape is changing in ways it never did before when I'd "diet". I'd always lose my boobs first, and that's the only area I didn't need it. Not this time.

The arthritis I've had in my hands, neck, hip, knees and back is all but gone. At times my hands were so bad that I couldn't do anything creative (and that really put me in a deep funk), nor walk any distance without my hip screaming at me after a short while. I'll probably always have some trouble with my neck because it's due to an injury I sustained when I was a child, but it's much, much better than it's been in a long time.

And on top of all of that, I've lost 28 pounds, and I've returned to Onderland; it's been 6 years since I've been here.

Yes, I'm thrilled with the weight loss, are you kidding me?

But I'm truly loving the other changes just as much.

I weighed 257 pounds last July when I resolved to do something about my weight. I lost 40 pounds from then until the time I took my conscious break for Christmas. I had only started low carbing again after my birthday in mid-January when we were flooded out and any thought of dieting went out the window. I started up again with low-carb after we'd gotten moved and things were settling down, but as I talked about in my first post, that didn't really last long. From mid-July to mid-December of last year I lost 40 pounds (5 months). I was motivated, was righteously strict, and lost 40 pounds. But I was still achy every day from arthritis, very obsessed with food, crabby when I couldn't go to a function and eat "normal", etc. Even after I'd lost most of that 40 pounds it was still an ordeal to walk around at the mall; my hip and knee would start screaming and I'd have to curtail my activity.

I weighed 227 when I started JUDDD on March 22; just a little over 7 weeks ago. In just that short time, I've gotten my life and health back, and have lost 28 pounds, to boot. Dieting only every other day.

I will never go back to any other way.

Thank you all for being so supportive, informative, caring, and FUN! And thank you again to all of the people who took the time to mention JUDDD in posts elsewhere on LCF. If it hadn't been for y'all, I never would have had my interest piqued and wouldn't have my life back.

To life!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #36

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Really, really, really fun to read this post!

I'm so glad you are here with us.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #37

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198

I relate so much to what you've said. I, too, have arthritis, mainly in one knee, and it's gotten better from just losing weight, but it's improved dramatically since starting JUDDD. I love the anti-inflammatory effects of this WOE!!!!

I'm so glad you're having such success with this WOE, you're really working it and you've entered onederland. And no need to ever leave it again. This is truly a way of eating that can last a lifetime. Especially since you said this is how you naturally used to eat, this is second nature to you!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!! Happy post!!!!!!!!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Thanks for a great update!!! (1st post I've read in a week, so motivated to finish today's DD).
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
This is a WONDERFUL update to read. I'm so glad for the weight loss for you, but I'm even more thrilled for the other health and life changes you've experienced.

KUTBrilliantfantasticamazingW!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NancyLeeIL
Stats: 270/247/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 4/27/2012
Hi and Hugs Sheridan.

I think there's a bunch of us 57 year olds...is it our year or what? I'm new to JUDDD too. I loved reading your post, they make me smile. Hmmm...16 pounds. Maybe I need to get myself some bushes to put in...

Only I have a black thumb.

I'm so glad you're 57 and free, you know? I can't remember what weight loss thing I was doing at the time (I'm wondering if it was Weigh Down Workshop?) where she observed how thin people eat. They stop eating when they're full (not stuffed, even if there's a half a cheeseburger left) they didn't exclude anything and they cut back the following day (or lost the 5 pounds they gained at Christmas) the following month. Sounds like you have all that wisdom already. At 57, I'm so sick of it's ok..it's not ok...eat this..no, don't eat that..ENOUGH!

I too am sorry about the flooding. What a time that must have been worrying about mold etc...sigh.

Welcome!

Hugs,
Nancy
NancyLeeIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CatherineA
WOE: formerly LC; trying JUDDD 2322.464
Start Date: 5/4/12
what an inspirational experience - congratulations on getting YOU back!
CatherineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now. Helped along by Juddd
Juddd. Where all the beautiful losers hang out
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Just a quick update. . .

Today marks the third week I've changed my way of living/eating. I started JUDDDing March 22. To my great surprise (understatement!), I've lost 16 pounds! What's more, and also very surprising is that it has been quite easy and I FEEL *GOOD*. All over good - physically, mentally and emotionally. I'm not crabby like I can be while on other diets, my energy is through the roof and I'm not preoccupied with food or my next food choice.

This is the best thing I've done for myself in such a long time!

Thank you, all of you tireless JUDDD promoters, and a special thanks to Pat ("SoHappy"). I'm naturally skeptical and wary of lots of things, but when I kept seeing people I've come to 'know' and respect highly praise this way of living, I had to see for myself. I'm so glad I did!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a wonderful achievement! I loved reading your post, and especially "hearing" the joy in your message above. I couldn't agree more whole-heartedly about this way of eating -- it just seems right!!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance for Sheridan!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
*starts slow clap and the whole room joins in, becoming thunderous applause* :c lap:

Sheridan, my JUDDD Bud, what a wonderful update to read! I'm so happy for you and all you've accomplished and will continue to do for yourself - for your health, your weight, your life, your happiness. Sooo glad you're here with us!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #47

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Beautiful post.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
on your great start and to Juddd.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Really, really, really fun to read this post!

I'm so glad you are here with us.
I'm so glad I'm here, too! You and Luna share a special place in my heart. Knowing you both from other areas on LCF really made me want to look deeper into this way of life. When I'd see your avatar and read your common sense explanation of JUDDD, it didn't seem weird, or sketchy (dangerous) or fly by night, or a flash in the pan kind of thing; I'd gotten a sense of 'who' you are from your other posts that I knew you wouldn't endorse anything like that. You made it seem "doable" and easy to integrate into our lives, because, well, it IS.

Luna and I have posted together for a long time on the PG, and I've always thought we shared a lot in common. I've been so impressed and happy for her success. When I noticed she was doing JUDDD because I saw it in her stats area, it really made me want to look into it more.

The rest is now history, but I really do owe you both a debt of gratitude for the persistent, compelling, yet gentle "herding" me over here. I really hope that someday I can help someone change their life for the better, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post

I'm so glad you're having such success with this WOE, you're really working it and you've entered onederland. And no need to ever leave it again. This is truly a way of eating that can last a lifetime. Especially since you said this is how you naturally used to eat, this is second nature to you!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!! Happy post!!!!!!!!
Awww honey. I look to your posts for inspiration and common sense. And heart! Your posts always have your heart shining through, and I love that.

Yes, this way of living is easier for me than some, I'm sure, because it is so similar to how I ate for so many years. But that doesn't mean that DD's for me are always a "piece of cake". Probably a poor turn of phrase, but hope you kwim. I can handle hunger and I can handle temporary deprivation. But I'm forever done with lying to myself about how I don't 'really' want a BLT on *toast* or an ice cream Drumstick, or that my own 20-years-in-the-development thin crust pizza recipe is a 'take it or leave it' kind of thing (it is to DIE for!)

Is it wrong that I'm slightly jealous (ok, a LOT) that you and Kimberino get to have a face-to-face before you and I will?? I lived in Spgfld once upon a time, myself. Long time ago, though. But we WILL meet and we'll have a terrific time, I have NO doubt! I'm so looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieKGirl View Post
Thanks for a great update!!! (1st post I've read in a week, so motivated to finish today's DD).
Hope your DD went well, and hope you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
This is a WONDERFUL update to read. I'm so glad for the weight loss for you, but I'm even more thrilled for the other health and life changes you've experienced.

KUTBrilliantfantasticamazingW!
Thank you so much! It is really rather miraculous. If someone had told me 2 months ago that JUDDD could help me lose 28 pounds, almost completely alleviate my arthritis, raise my energy level and change my outlook ... all in a little over 7 weeks time ... I wouldn't have believed them. I was expecting 'something', just not all this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLeeIL View Post
Hi and Hugs Sheridan.

I think there's a bunch of us 57 year olds...is it our year or what? I'm new to JUDDD too. I loved reading your post, they make me smile. Hmmm...16 pounds. Maybe I need to get myself some bushes to put in...

Only I have a black thumb.

I'm so glad you're 57 and free, you know? I can't remember what weight loss thing I was doing at the time (I'm wondering if it was Weigh Down Workshop?) where she observed how thin people eat. They stop eating when they're full (not stuffed, even if there's a half a cheeseburger left) they didn't exclude anything and they cut back the following day (or lost the 5 pounds they gained at Christmas) the following month. Sounds like you have all that wisdom already. At 57, I'm so sick of it's ok..it's not ok...eat this..no, don't eat that..ENOUGH!

I too am sorry about the flooding. What a time that must have been worrying about mold etc...sigh.

Welcome!

Hugs,
Nancy
Hi, Nancy! I see from your JUDDD start date that you're fairly new. I hope you have a lot of success with this way of living, too.

I don't know if I'd call my previous history with eating this way "wisdom", but it's pretty much how I maintained a slim figure for many years, and something I wish I'd never stopped doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineA View Post
what an inspirational experience - congratulations on getting YOU back!
Thank you!

It feels real good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Juddd. Where all the beautiful losers hang out
Kristin
Aw, thank you!I'm so proud to be among all of the "beautiful JUDDD losers"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a wonderful achievement! I loved reading your post, and especially "hearing" the joy in your message above. I couldn't agree more whole-heartedly about this way of eating -- it just seems right!!
Thank you! You're also experiencing some fantastic progress and I wish you continued success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance for Sheridan!
Thank you! Do you know how many times I've burst into song out in my backyard with "I feel good... na na na na na na NA! I knew that I would!"?? A bunch. (The neighbors were NOT home, thank goodness!) And I even did a few rounds of a polka the other day, thanks to you mentioning polkas on another thread.

/57 year old goofball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
*starts slow clap and the whole room joins in, becoming thunderous applause

Sheridan, my JUDDD Bud, what a wonderful update to read! I'm so happy for you and all you've accomplished and will continue to do for yourself - for your health, your weight, your life, your happiness. Sooo glad you're here with us!
Thank you! I'm just one person who has benefited from your encouraging, sage counsel and I know as my journey continues on into maintenance your experience and advice will help me then, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Beautiful post.
Thank you!

And thank you, too, Muffabuff!

This really IS the best group!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Um, that to-die-for pizza dough recipe....is it secret?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Um, that to-die-for pizza dough recipe....is it secret?
Heck no.

I've loved pizza since the first bite I took as a little girl. Always thought thin and crispy was best because it was the perfect ratio of crust:toppings. Over the years I've tried a bunch of recipes and experimented on my own but was never truly satisfied until I adapted a few and came up with this one. So many pizza crust recipes taste too yeasty to me but this one doesn't. It's a lot more work than some recipes but the results are worth it, IMO. You know how pizzeria thin crust pizza has the bubbles in the crust? This does, too. You have to make it a day ahead of time to have it turn out the way it should, though, so it's not a spur of the moment deal.

Thin Crust Pizza Dough

*make 24 hours in advance*

3 cups bread flour (this is about 1 pound)
7 oz warm water (really scant cup, about 7/8 cup)
1 T lard or Crisco solid shortening
1 t active dry yeast
1 t salt
1/2 t sugar

Throw the water, lard (don't have to melt it), yeast and sugar in the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer fitted with the dough hook (or other heavy duty stand mixer w/ a hook) and mix on low until the yeast is dissolved. Gradually add the flour and salt. It'll look like there's not enough water, the dough will be very dry at first, but keep kneading. It'll take between 9-11 minutes for it to come together as a dough ball. If it's real humid in the kitchen it'll take less time, more if it's not.

When the ball of dough has formed, you'll think you have a big mistake in the making on your hands. You don't. Put the dough ball in a very lightly oiled bowl and cover w/ plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge for at least 24 hours. It'll rise very slowly, but it will rise.

The next day when you're ready to make the pizza make sure you preheat your oven to 500 while you're getting the dough out of the fridge, rolling it out, etc. Very important that the oven is as hot as you can get it when you put the pizza in (without setting anything on fire).

Take the dough out and put it on a large well floured surface and let it sit there for 10 minutes (not much longer) to take some of the chill from the fridge off (it'll be easier to roll out). Take the heaviest rolling pin you have and roll the dough very thin. It'll be a challenge because it'll fight with you. If you know how to 'throw' dough, go for it! I have a friend who was going to teach me but he moved away before the lessons started. I have big pizza pans and can usually get 1 extra large and one medium (regular size) out of this recipe but that's after a lot of practice. The trick is to roll the dough as thin as you can, but not so thin that it develops holes in it; it takes a bit of trial and error to get it right. Keep adding flour as needed during the rolling out process.

I have the pizza pans close and use extra wide spatulas to transfer the dough to the pans.

When the dough is on the pan, use a fork to "dock" the dough (poke holes in it like you do for a baked pie crust shell).

Stick the untopped dough in the oven for 4 or 5 minutes to pre-bake it, don't let it get "browned" brown, but the color should change to a very light "tan". Take the pan out after pre-baking and top w/ the sauce and goodies. Return the pan to the oven. Keep an eye on the thing as it bakes and rotate the pan halfway through. It'll take about 10 - 15 minutes for it to be browned and crispy, depending on how thin you were able to get the crust rolled. Remove from the oven and slide it onto a large baking rack (if you have one); this will help keep the bottom of the crust crisp as it cools a bit. Let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes, then eat.

We think it's worth all the fuss.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Sheridan, that does sound good. Thank you for the recipe and the detailed instructions!! This is going to make a very good UD!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sheridan: Joining Nancy and others in happy dances for you!!!:::kick ing:

I'm also 57 years old. I don't want to suffer!!! (That's me yelling it out!) And, that's why I love JUDDing!

You are doing so, so great and I congratulate you and celebrate with you. You have added so much to this forum with your wit, energy and beautiful spirit.

I'm another one who is glad you are here with us!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 05-13-2012 at 01:29 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #54

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I missed this Sheridan. :jump joy:
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
You are rockin' it! I'm happy you're here to share the JUDDD journey too! I'm another 57 year old.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh Sheridan, that does sound good. Thank you for the recipe and the detailed instructions!! This is going to make a very good UD!!!
You're more than welcome, Nancy. It's one of those things that might take more than one try before you get it to come out the way you want (it did for me), but the "failures" are pretty darn good, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Sheridan: Joining Nancy and others in happy dances for you!!!:::kick ing:

I'm also 57 years old.
I don't want to suffer!!! (That's me yelling it out!) And, that's why I love JUDDing!

You are doing so, so great and I congratulate you and celebrate with you. You have added so much to this forum with your wit, energy and beautiful spirit.

I'm another one who is glad you are here with us!
Aw, Yam-Yam, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I missed this Sheridan. :jump joy:
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
You are rockin' it! I'm happy you're here to share the JUDDD journey too! I'm another 57 year old.
And thank you, too!

It seems like there's a bunch of us 57'ers here on the forum! I'm usually the oldest, or one of the younger ones.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

It's me again.

So.

This morning when I got on the scale, it read 177.4. Got on and off it three times, just to be sure.

177.4 means I've lost 50 pounds since starting JUDDD on March 22, not quite 4 months ago. In just a little over 16 weeks I've lost 50 pounds - dieting only HALF the time. Can you believe that??

50 pounds! NO one is more surprised than me!!

Overall, I'm down 80 pounds from a year ago.

I feel terrific! Tons of energy every day. NO MORE ARTHRITIS! Another thing I can hardly believe. But, it's true.

JUDDD isn't something I really have to "work at", if that makes any sense; it's easy for me, a habit. I pay attention to UD calorie allotments and was careful to weigh and measure at first until I could successfully 'eyeball' a portion and know what it was. I still periodically check myself just to make sure I'm not underestimating stuff and I'm not. I don't stress about what I'm eating or not eating, no stress from trying to subdue and reign in cravings before I cave and sabotage myself - none of that stuff. For me, it's been liberating. My relationship with food - and myself - has changed dramatically.

JUDDD is like finding my way home. This way of living agrees with me, and always has. I've stopped kicking myself for ever leaving it, but I did kick myself good for a while at the beginning.

I've eaten everything my heart desired since starting JUDDD. I've never felt deprived. I've never felt bad like I used to on low carb, nor had hunger I couldn't easily manage.

There are several things that "stall" me. And I honestly shouldn't use the word "stall" in the sense of no weight lost for weeks or months, because that has not been the case for me since I've started JUDDD, like it was in my past low carb experiences. Poor, unrestful sleep hinders me. When I've tossed and turned or not slept enough hours the scale reflects that. Poor sleep affects me the most of anything. Heat and humidity slow me down even though I'm a champion water-drinker. Putting lemon in the water helps a little, but doesn't completely resolve the problem. I know that when the temps are high I won't lose as well and deal with it the best I can.

At 177, I still have a ways to go until goal. What's my goal? I don't know yet! I'm 5'8". My frame is bona-fide small. For years I weighed 130 - 135, looked great, felt great, was easy to maintain. I really don't have any wrinkles, just a very few tiny ones when I smile, so we'll see. I think I'll know "it" (goal) when I approach "it".

My signature says it the best.

My best to you, always!

P.S. - I need to buy more pants!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/127.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Sheridan, I just read your story on the first and last posts of this thread. I've "seen" you on other threads over the months. You've been through a lot!!! I'm happy for you that you're doing so great with this WOE and wish you all the best in your JUDDD journey!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
Quote:
177.4 means I've lost 50 pounds since starting JUDDD on March 22, not quite 4 months ago.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #60

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
You are freaking fantabulously ridiculously amazing! on!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote