Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
got a mental issue with new low

It is nothing short of miraculous that my body broke under 170 s.
I'm sitting here in my first goal cowgirly boots as reward and not eating. (dd)
My issue is that I met what has been an impossible goal and my brain is telling me I can go eat whatever I want and don't need to restrain myself. Sound like self sabotage?
I also have a contrasting serious fear of not staying under 170 since it is such a horrible boundary for me. If you look at my progress for two months (or the last several years) you can see how resistant my body has been to that barrier. This has another self talk voice telling me I shouldn't have a normal up day or I might lose control.
I don't necessarily believe either voice. But this feels like such an emotional attack on the freedom and success I have been feeling.
I realize this sounds needy and whiny but I want to win this and not let some stupid self talk rob me.
Soliciting some support here and hoping some have been here and overcome. This is rough. Couldn't be swinging further from my euphoria at the new low and new decade and first goal meet this morning. Bah

Grateful I have you all to run to today

Last edited by b_lou_who; 03-29-2012 at 04:40 PM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I had the same issue today!! I hit a new low for me yesterday, so I thought I did good why not. But I did resist. I drank water and said if I can hit that low I can hit another low! You can do it!!!! Just remember how good you felt when you saw that number and remember that feeling when you grab for something you shouldnt!!!!!!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Aww Sweetheart.. This was an emotional day for you.. You got this! Somtimes we need to just break free...(even if for a moment) All that you have accomplished will not be ruined by one down moment And if you could not resist.. the wonderfull part is... you can always pick back up with the next day rotation.. and all is forgiven... We are human and to be human means we will have HIGH/LOW days just like this one... I dont want to talk about me.. when i am tryign to lift YOU up...but i know what you mean.. i was there the day i hit my first goal two days ago... so you pick your self up..you are amazing! I am inspired by your story and i hope to aspire your sucess some day! I love you girl..
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lou, take heart. Remember this is not the end, only another beginning. You will bounce, now come on, you know you will. But remember Pat's bouncing ball on the stairs. The only way is down.

Kick up your heels in those great new boots and take delight in the UDs and DDs to come. They are leading you into the realms of, well who knows where? I never dreamt I could ever see the lows that JUDDD is giving me.

Smile your lovely smile and keep on keeping on.

Last edited by Kissa; 03-29-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
RESIST! I've been there! This is why I have such a hard time maintaining. "Oh, yay! The diet is over, I can now resume eating as I please!" Yeah....no. This is why you are on JUDDD!!! JUDDD is a way of life! You will continue to eat as you are, you will continue to lose, and you will continue to enjoy every minute of it!

I'm so excited for your new low! Keep it going!

And I said this before...I'm in the 160's too and it SUCKS when the scale showed 170.0 for a day and 170.3 for a day (not that I have those weights memorized or anything since I totally don't obsess over it...). BUT, I just remembered that this bouncing has happened before and it will happen again. I will continue on until the next bounce is DOWN. And it will be...because that's happened before too!

Last edited by DD80; 03-29-2012 at 04:48 PM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
I can relate, Lou. I have had the feelings of worry about keeping the new lows along the way. I wish I could tell you something magical that would make your fears go away. I can tell you that I would bounce back up right after each new low. I think a lot of others here experience that phenomenon. (Although I chose less attractive words to describe it... )
So, expect maybe a little bouncing around until your body says, "Okay, this is our new low."

You are doing so well, I know that you will not forget your progress that you have worked so hard for and sabotage yourself. We all have our UUADs, and we get right back on the JUDDD wagon!

You are a precious JUDDD BUDDD, and you will do just fine in getting to your goal. I am sure of it!!

When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top....

Goal Weight achieved 02/25/2012 on JUDDD- and still losing!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks loves. I'm hanging in. Check back tomorrow
Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
If anyone can do it, you can! You body can and will adjust to the new decade, hold on to it, and keep dropping.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/181/170
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Wow! it is good to get on this board and find that someone else has the same fears as yourself. I was just thinking now that I am in maintenace should I lower my ud calories and right now I am playing with my dd calories and eating more like 700-800 calories and doing well but when it comes to ud's I get scared to eat. I never ever want to gain this weight back so I don't want to do anything to sabatoge this woe. Just when you think you got this another worry comes alone. I do admitt this is from years of lc'ing and eating something and it all comes back like a ball going down hill. This is a awesome place to be when you are not alone! Love my Juddd Budd's
kj
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Lou, you've done so well - enjoy this milestone.

JUDDD is bouncy though, as you know, so please don't let it ruin your day if you bounce up again tomorrow or in the coming days. Many, many times over we JUDDD losers have seen new lows, then bounced up from them (and maybe up and up!) before finally landing even lower than that new low. Pat's bouncing ball - up, down, up, down, but the overall effect is down, down. Some have seen patterns where they will hit the new low 2 - 5 times before it sticks... and then they drop lower.

So enjoy those new cowgirl boots (Pics??? ) and maybe give yourself a food treat. But just get right back on the rotation... JUDDD WILL keep working for you!!!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Lou--I hate to admit this--but I've already done this three or four times since I started in November at 157 lbs.!
I haven't been below 140 in over 20 years. I have hit 140.something a few times, and 139.7 once.
Then I start eating at a maintenance level and stay at 140/141 or 142/143 for a week or two. I could have been at goal a month or two ago!
Then I "start" again by sticking carefully to my numbers and I start losing again, no problem. I honestly don't know what's wrong w/me or why I keep doing this.
I am so anxious to get into the 130s, but I think it might be some sort of self-sabotage.
But, I will NEVER give up. I want to do JUDDD for the rest of my life because it is so awesome and freeing, etc.
Hang in--and I'll hang in w/you. We'll both get there!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Trying to readjust my head to a new goal now. I think that might help.
Wonder why we have an issue like this. Think I agree with kj, must be tied to past diets. I want my mind healthier too. This isn't going to hold me back. Thanks for sharing yourselves!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Pj. I'm with you. Don't want to be my own worst enemy.
love the pic of your doggies. My jack Russell is lying on my feet chewing a rib eye bone as I type.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Pj. I'm with you. Don't want to be my own worst enemy.
love the pic of your doggies. My jack Russell is lying on my feet chewing a rib eye bone as I type.
both of mine are lying on my feet. they keep them warm.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I think it's pretty common to have a time of deflation after the elation of meeting a goal. You've done it. Now what? And of course, we know the scale bounces, and we don't want it to. But not having an UD tomorrow is only going to lead to trouble down the line. You got here by sticking to your numbers and following the rotation. And that is exactly what is going to take you even lower. Yes, you will likely bounce up again after your UD. It's OK! You'll have a DD after that, and so on. Eventually, this low will be your high, and there will be other new lows to celebrate.

I have to see a new low 3-5 times before it sticks and becomes consistent. And when I first see it, I might not get to see again for 3-4 days. But it's always come back again. And then it comes around sooner the next time.

Setting a new goal is a good idea. Even if it's just the next 5 pounds. Helps you to keep looking forward (or downward), instead of feeling like you are *finished* at this breakthrough.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
I'm new to JUDDD, but I've experienced the same thing in the past with other diets (and other things, too). Lots of great advice to think about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Lou, take heart. Remember this is not the end, only another beginning.

Smile your lovely smile and keep on keeping on.
*snipped by me*

Absolutely. You know this works, you proved it to yourself, so keep on working it! ROCK it all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Trying to readjust my head to a new goal now. I think that might help.
Wonder why we have an issue like this. Think I agree with kj, must be tied to past diets. I want my mind healthier too. This isn't going to hold me back. Thanks for sharing yourselves!
You GO!

All my best!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
B_lou. I LOVE that you have shared your fears with us. And by doing that you are one step closer to overcoming them! You know all too well that "it works if your work it!" Stick with your plan and plug right along in to the 150's! I know u can do it!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: 30 day whole food challenge
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Hi,

I've heard this from a lot of people and I wonder if it really isn't more of a physical thing than an emotional thing in many cases. It may be your brain's way of saying that it wants you at a metabolic setpoint so it is finding ways to tell you to eat, even if they involve your emotions. I guess what I'm saying is that the boundary between physical and emotional/psychological reasons for eating is not always clear. Anyway, I'm sure if you stay on plan you will be fine.

On JUDDD, I recently (finally) got past my own 'set point' that I was at for the past 3 years

Enjoy your chia almond milk!
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I haven't been close to that yet, so I can't offer any advice, just a great big .
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I think it's pretty common to have a time of deflation after the elation of meeting a goal. You've done it. Now what? And of course, we know the scale bounces, and we don't want it to. But not having an UD tomorrow is only going to lead to trouble down the line. You got here by sticking to your numbers and following the rotation. And that is exactly what is going to take you even lower. Yes, you will likely bounce up again after your UD. It's OK! You'll have a DD after that, and so on. Eventually, this low will be your high, and there will be other new lows to celebrate.

I have to see a new low 3-5 times before it sticks and becomes consistent. And when I first see it, I might not get to see again for 3-4 days. But it's always come back again. And then it comes around sooner the next time.

Setting a new goal is a good idea. Even if it's just the next 5 pounds. Helps you to keep looking forward (or downward), instead of feeling like you are *finished* at this breakthrough.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
B LOW WHO
yesterday was suppose to be a dd for me.
BUT, but...
I ate grazed all day.
Ans so due to that yesterday. I do have more energy today.
So in a cheat sorta of way day. it was what I needed.
IpIve been doing great at my down days at 750 1000. But I've been helping other people in their yards digging and repotting flowers for a annual plant sale a garden club I belong to.
and also running on 750 cal. Some days was fine but caught up with me yesterday.
I was home along and exhausted from all I've been doing out side.
I'm not complaining of the work just been doing a mental thing liked speak of.
Tina nailed it on the head for me how I felt yesterday. deflated. That was my feeling.
also being around people that don't do JUDDD. I have told anyone butmy hubby.
But I atefoodsI hadnt had for years. In the passed 4 days I've probably eaten three hand FULLS on M& M'swith peanuts!!
Which I hadn't had for years. S all things put together.
For being overly tired, working steady, being around other sweet and potatoe chip junkies.
And also being at 130-133 pounds, my goal wt.
plus tmwI have fund raiser 5 k to run in.so
I was just on exhausted rebound day of energy yesterday. When I read ur post yesterday ggggeshsa, I already experiencing ur feelings. Strange <<<<<< human>>>>>> feelingswehave. Hug.
And I did even have fancy new boots!!
TodayI hope u r feeling better.
But I ate yesterday and now today I have a handle on it before it turns into weeks and weeks. That's not Going to happen to U OR ME!
I Have been sing out loud today. The Donna summer song.
I WILL SURPRISE! TRY it. bellow it out sister!! I WANT TO HEAR U! EVETYBODY!!
Go back out to repot some plants, but im going soon get to sit down and mow.
GOOD DAY! Hugs
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Woops also.
I be lost the good feeling in my head. I NEED THAT bad and miss it. I noticed that last night.
ive had lots of coffee this morning and I'm feeling better energy wise today.
I was thinking of trying to call yesterday a middle day...but i ain't gona lye to myself, or anyone. It was a 2,000 day at least,and yes that included stupid m and M's
WILL SURVIVE? Indeed to google that song.thats all the wordsI remember...go donna summers.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I c my type o of survive...surprise hey I'll do that also.
Surprise u bag and candy and chips....I will survive, I'm toughhhhhhhh. Smile
Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
But remember Pat's bouncing ball on the stairs. The only way is down.
WHAT A GREAT COMPARISON! I must remember that and store in indelibly in my memory banks.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Decided to definitely not weigh until my 2nd month anniv. on Sunday. I can do this!

I KNOW the scale bounces in a rational way (look at my weight charts, they give me vertigo), my emotions are just all a-twitter about the whole thing. I agree that it is physical (body likes that wretched higher set point) and that hormones trying to find their balance with the loss trigger irrational emotion. What a battle!
Thank you all for the input and support. It helps so much to be able to voice what is happening and know I'm not alone.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #26
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
No advice or suggestions but a GIANT and just want to let you know I think you are awesome!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
b_lou_who....I have always "seen" you as one of the strong super-stars here, so I have no worries you will turn this around!!! I sure can identify with your feelings though. Tomorrow will be better!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Ha-yai-yai!!! I had that feeling @ the 200 point. My body did NOT want to give it up. Like a big wall. Then finally. Breakthrough!!! Wow! really? No it can't be true. I just cannot for real get through that invisible barrier.

You just grit your teeth. I am strong! I WILL win. I WILL. Nobody else. Just me. Big Sista! You are amazing! "like a bridge over troubled waters....I'm sailing right behind....." ha! just listened to that song today.

"when you're weary....feeling down....when evening falls so hard.....I will comfort you....." Great song!!!

"i'm on your side....like a bridge over troubled waters...I will ease your mind...I will ease your mind......"

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks gam gams. You're a bombshell and a cheerleader
Old 03-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Where are ya in NorCal yam?? I'm there too!

B lou. I think we all have certain mental sticking points. Something needing to be known and tolerated. Thinking of you
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote