Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   "May" have to go over 500 on DD...what would you do? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/765425-may-have-go-over-500-dd-what-would-you-do.html)

kimberino 03-29-2012 01:38 PM

"May" have to go over 500 on DD...what would you do?

Just found out I have to attend a home-cooked meal/staff planning mtg tomorrow night, which is my DD. I do NOT want to switch my rotation days, as I'm planning an UD for Easter.

I know the hostess is cooking brisket and pepper steak but don't know what the sides are. I am going to do my level best to keep at 500, but I may go over. Is it going to derail me? I sound like a total newb now, lol, but I'm very serious about my commitment to this.

Help appreciated!

sterlinggirl 03-29-2012 01:42 PM

ACtually KImberino.. you can eat alot of food for those 500 calories.. so if you can save them for that meal that would work just great! But.. if you cant.. choose more veggys than meat try to avoid Creamed type foods.. and if your numbers go over for this one time im pretty dang sure it wont derail it.. might show a lil slower loss than before .. but non the less.. it can still work.:) IMHO

b_lou_who 03-29-2012 01:51 PM

I keep a sticky on my phone with the calories levels from 20% thru 40% so I can adjust up a rung if necessary plus my medium day amount. Juddd is very forgiving. If you must go up even to md it won't cause harm. You are changing your eating habits to accommodate real life long term.

Luna Loca 03-29-2012 01:57 PM

:goodpost: What they said.

If you can, save as many calories as you can for your dinner. Choose wisely, eat clean, and above all, enjoy yourself! Focus on the meeting, not the food. And relax. Even if you go over 500, one day is not going to blow this WOE.

Beeb 03-29-2012 02:02 PM

Like others have said, if you go over a little no big deal. Be picky and eat the things you REALLY want to eat and just smaller portions, and save most of your cals for that fun meal/meeting.

AND don't sweat it, JUDDD forgives and doesn't give us guilt! ;)

kimberino 03-29-2012 02:14 PM

Ah, so the main advice is "don't sweat the small stuff" lol. I swore I wasn't going to be so obsessed with my eating after leaving lc, but this counting calories stuff is so new - I'm driving my hubby crazy!

Thanks for the tip about the sticky on %'s - that is an excellent idea.

Thank you all!

DD80 03-29-2012 03:23 PM

Yeah, I just save my cals for the one meal and have one plate and that's it. Or, turn it into an MD and have 1000 cals. I've done both.

Kissa 03-29-2012 04:13 PM

I'll be doing that tomorrow. I am promised slow roast belly pork.:yummy::eek::yummy:

PixieKGirl 03-29-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberino (Post 15538702)
Ah, so the main advice is "don't sweat the small stuff" lol. I swore I wasn't going to be so obsessed with my eating after leaving lc, but this counting calories stuff is so new - I'm driving my hubby crazy!

Thanks for the tip about the sticky on %'s - that is an excellent idea.

Thank you all!

My husband is the same way!! He's pouting because I'm making Ziti instead of angel hair pasta (10 calorie difference)!!! I said that he could learn to cook since I'll not be cooking every other day.:jumpjoy:

kimberino 03-29-2012 05:49 PM

Love it! At least mine is doing WW, so he kind of understands the fanaticism at first.