Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kitkat3
Advice !!

I do the insanity workout and detail cars at work. I was wordering if i should plug in the hard exersize on the calculator my dd would be 476 and my ud would b 2381 or go with mod exersize. Im 42yrs old and weigh 145 height is 62inches
kitkat3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/149.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
My opinion, having tried the insanity workout, is yes use the hard exersize. But I'm a newbie so I don't know.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
My advice may be different from others here, but I would go with those numbers. I have found through a lot of experimentation that I cannot get a full, effective workout on lower numbers. If they do not work for you, it will be evident pretty soon, and you can adjust from there. The main concept of this woe is to have a large swing between UD and DD numbers, which you certainly have with those numbers.

Welcome!!

ETA: I went back after responding, and re-read your numbers. I think the UD number may be a little high at first. Try the "moderate" numbers and see what you get. I think you will have better success with those.
HTH!!

When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top....

Goal Weight achieved 02/25/2012 on JUDDD- and still losing!

Last edited by mattsmama; 03-29-2012 at 06:27 AM..
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I just started the insanity workouts this week! It's hard but I really like it.
What do you think? How long have you been doing it?
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
I have done the insanity workout and while I totally agree it is tough I would only plug in a moderate workout. I do zumba three times a week, two cardio mix classes, weight training three times a week and rowing two or three times a week and do not plug in any exercise at all.
lynnjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

I've had the workout for awhile..i just started it agin this week and i love it.!!! Thanks for all the advice !!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Zoneish, Organic, GrassFed, Gluten-Free 5/13
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I workout 5-6 time/week for an hour or more each time. I used the moderate numbers for my calculations, but I do allow myself overages...especially when I'm starving! I'd say try the moderate numbers and if you are still hungry, adjust them!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat3 View Post
I do the insanity workout and detail cars at work. I was wordering if i should plug in the hard exersize on the calculator my dd would be 476 and my ud would b 2381 or go with mod exersize. Im 42yrs old and weigh 145 height is 62inches
Do you do the insanity workout each day? If not, how many days are you not doing this exercise? On days that you do this exercise, how many hours do you do it?

The calories that the *hard exercise* calculation gives you are pretty high, so all I can say is see how it works for you, and be prepared to scale that UD number back if you don't lose weight the way you are wanting to.

Even among those who exercise a lot, many/most enter the *little or no exercise* calculation to get their numbers, as one thought is ".....If I really exercise all that well, and it really does burn off all those calories... why am I overweight?....."

And then other thought is ".....If I am doing JUDDD and doing the semi-fasting Down Days to lose weight, why do I want to be feeding myself more calories to gain back the fat I just lost by exercising?....."

I want you to be very successful doing JUDDD and using it to turn yourself into a slim and trim woman, looking absolutely fabulous! So I wish you all the luck in the world with this. Just track your weight so that you can brag on our support threads about your losses, and also so that if you aren't losing like you are hoping, you can maybe think about lowering the UD cals just a tiny bit.

Best Regards, and Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! I'm glad you're joining us!

Old 03-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

If i go with little to no exersize that puts me at an average of under 1000 cal a day, would'nt i be burning muscle instead of fat ? And yes i do the insanity workout every day and my work is very physical. I'll go with the mod exersise level and see how that goes. i've lost 5lbs in two weeks and several inches so far. I love this WOE so far and im not hungry on DD's i could go all day with no food easy !!!!