Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Best way to switch UD and DD?

Hi all,
Right now I'm on track for next Friday & Sunday to be down days, but I need them to be up days (party on Friday, Easter on Sunday). What is the best way to rearrange my days? Should I do two up days in a row? (ie DD/UD/UD/DD) or throw in a middle day? (ie DD/MD/UD/DD)

I'm wondering what works for everyone else. I know I'd need a UD immediately before a DD, but two UD in a row may be a bit much as I struggle to get all my calories in.

(Yes, I am thinking a bit ahead, I just want to be able to adjust my days as needed)

Thanks!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Think Small, Medium, Large.....DD, MD, UD. If you want to change your rotation for next Friday and Sunday to be UDs just throw a MD in there on Tuesday and that will change the rotation to give you the UDs you need.

Monday....DD
Tuesday...MD
Wed.........UD
Thurs...... DD
Friday......UD
Sat..........DD
Sunday....UD

When you put a MD in the rotation it pushes the day it's replacing to the next day. DD UD changes into DD, MD, UD.

HTH!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
This Saturday is supposed to be a DD but I'm going to a festival, so I think I'm going to do a DD or MD on Friday. Would there be any harm in trying 2 DD's in a row (Thursday & Friday)?
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
This Saturday is supposed to be a DD but I'm going to a festival, so I think I'm going to do a DD or MD on Friday. Would there be any harm in trying 2 DD's in a row (Thursday & Friday)?
IMO doing two DDs in a row does more harm than good. A while back there was a lot of discussion about some of the JUDD vets around here who had experimented with it and it certainly did not speed up weight loss.

I think Nancy or Pat mentioned that after 40 hours of either fasting or extreme calorie restriction, the body starts to slow down the metabolism and hold on to every extra calorie and also hold on to fluid "just in case" it's not going to be fed enough soon.

The normal time for a DD to last for most of us is 36 hours. So, you can see, the DD is counter productive.

Prevailing wisdom as I see it is to do the DD/MD/UP sequence to change your rotation.

I have tried two DDs in a row and I've also tried doing a MD/DD sequence. My experience has been that my body does not have enough nourishment and I end up sabatoging my efforts by going off plan and eating more than I should have or planned on. Then my days are really messed up. HTH!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Think Small, Medium, Large.....DD, MD, UD. If you want to change your rotation for next Friday and Sunday to be UDs just throw a MD in there on Tuesday and that will change the rotation to give you the UDs you need.

Monday....DD
Tuesday...MD
Wed.........UD
Thurs...... DD
Friday......UD
Sat..........DD
Sunday....UD

When you put a MD in the rotation it pushes the day it's replacing to the next day. DD UD changes into DD, MD, UD.

HTH!

Thanks, Beeb! Your explanation really helps!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Yam-Yam, thank you for the detailed explanation, it makes a lot of sense. I ended up doing a MD today, there was no way I could have done another DD. I had zero appetite yesterday and ended up not eating anything. It wasn't intentional, I just had a bad day and was too upset to eat.

This morning my stomach was growling all through a meeting at work! I ate a hummus & avocado sandwich for lunch and it kept me full for hours.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
Yam-Yam, thank you for the detailed explanation, it makes a lot of sense. I ended up doing a MD today, there was no way I could have done another DD. I had zero appetite yesterday and ended up not eating anything. It wasn't intentional, I just had a bad day and was too upset to eat.

This morning my stomach was growling all through a meeting at work! I ate a hummus & avocado sandwich for lunch and it kept me full for hours.
So glad you were able to listen to your body's signals and do the right thing!!
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote