Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Best way to switch UD and DD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/765229-best-way-switch-ud-dd.html)

heyjupiter 03-28-2012 07:20 PM

Best way to switch UD and DD?

Hi all,
Right now I'm on track for next Friday & Sunday to be down days, but I need them to be up days (party on Friday, Easter on Sunday). What is the best way to rearrange my days? Should I do two up days in a row? (ie DD/UD/UD/DD) or throw in a middle day? (ie DD/MD/UD/DD)

I'm wondering what works for everyone else. I know I'd need a UD immediately before a DD, but two UD in a row may be a bit much as I struggle to get all my calories in.

(Yes, I am thinking a bit ahead, I just want to be able to adjust my days as needed)

Thanks!

Beeb 03-28-2012 08:49 PM

Think Small, Medium, Large.....DD, MD, UD. If you want to change your rotation for next Friday and Sunday to be UDs just throw a MD in there on Tuesday and that will change the rotation to give you the UDs you need.

Monday....DD
Tuesday...MD
Wed.........UD
Thurs...... DD
Friday......UD
Sat..........DD
Sunday....UD

When you put a MD in the rotation it pushes the day it's replacing to the next day. DD UD changes into DD, MD, UD.

HTH!

lisamt 03-28-2012 09:14 PM

This Saturday is supposed to be a DD but I'm going to a festival, so I think I'm going to do a DD or MD on Friday. Would there be any harm in trying 2 DD's in a row (Thursday & Friday)?

Yam-Yam 03-28-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamt (Post 15536509)
This Saturday is supposed to be a DD but I'm going to a festival, so I think I'm going to do a DD or MD on Friday. Would there be any harm in trying 2 DD's in a row (Thursday & Friday)?

IMO doing two DDs in a row does more harm than good. A while back there was a lot of discussion about some of the JUDD vets around here who had experimented with it and it certainly did not speed up weight loss.

I think Nancy or Pat mentioned that after 40 hours of either fasting or extreme calorie restriction, the body starts to slow down the metabolism and hold on to every extra calorie and also hold on to fluid "just in case" it's not going to be fed enough soon.

The normal time for a DD to last for most of us is 36 hours. So, you can see, the DD is counter productive.

Prevailing wisdom as I see it is to do the DD/MD/UP sequence to change your rotation.

I have tried two DDs in a row and I've also tried doing a MD/DD sequence. My experience has been that my body does not have enough nourishment and I end up sabatoging my efforts by going off plan and eating more than I should have or planned on. Then my days are really messed up. HTH!

heyjupiter 03-29-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15536488)
Think Small, Medium, Large.....DD, MD, UD. If you want to change your rotation for next Friday and Sunday to be UDs just throw a MD in there on Tuesday and that will change the rotation to give you the UDs you need.

Monday....DD
Tuesday...MD
Wed.........UD
Thurs...... DD
Friday......UD
Sat..........DD
Sunday....UD

When you put a MD in the rotation it pushes the day it's replacing to the next day. DD UD changes into DD, MD, UD.

HTH!

Thanks, Beeb! Your explanation really helps!

lisamt 03-30-2012 09:02 PM

Yam-Yam, thank you for the detailed explanation, it makes a lot of sense. I ended up doing a MD today, there was no way I could have done another DD. I had zero appetite yesterday and ended up not eating anything. It wasn't intentional, I just had a bad day and was too upset to eat.

This morning my stomach was growling all through a meeting at work! I ate a hummus & avocado sandwich for lunch and it kept me full for hours.

Yam-Yam 03-30-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamt (Post 15542567)
Yam-Yam, thank you for the detailed explanation, it makes a lot of sense. I ended up doing a MD today, there was no way I could have done another DD. I had zero appetite yesterday and ended up not eating anything. It wasn't intentional, I just had a bad day and was too upset to eat.

This morning my stomach was growling all through a meeting at work! I ate a hummus & avocado sandwich for lunch and it kept me full for hours.

:up:So glad you were able to listen to your body's signals and do the right thing!!:clap::hugs: