Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Has anyone tried the spritz-type salad dressings? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/765199-has-anyone-tried-spritz-type-salad-dressings.html)

kimberino 03-28-2012 02:19 PM

Has anyone tried the spritz-type salad dressings?

I would like a little salad today on my DD and have picked up a bottle of Wish Bone's spritz Ranch at Wally World. I can't abide oil and vinegar based dressings, so I was hoping this would taste edible. Any reviews?

Dottie 03-28-2012 02:21 PM

Yes and I like the Italian one, not the others so much. The Ranch tastes a bit chemically/chalky to me. The asian type one isn't bad. I use the italian on DD's a lot.

Dottie 03-28-2012 02:24 PM

adding: I don't like light ranch for the same reason. If the taste isn't odd to you, then it probably won't be on the spray either :) Or light blue cheese. They just taste weird to me lol.

kimberino 03-28-2012 02:36 PM

Ooh, I hate the light Ranch dressings, so this was probably a mistake lol. I'm not a fan of italian dressing either, so looks like maybe salads aren't such a good idea for my DDs. Oh well, plenty of other stuff.

KeirasMom 03-28-2012 02:37 PM

I've only tried the Balsamic Breeze but I like it.

kimberino 03-28-2012 02:46 PM

I didn't see that one, but I do like the flavor of reduced balsamic sauces. Maybe I'll give it a whirl.

mttemple4 03-28-2012 04:14 PM

The balsamic is the only kind I've tried that I enjoy.

I also like the (non spray) Bolthouse Farms blue cheese. It's nothing like a REAL blue cheese but it does not taste funky. 35 calories for 2 T.

leonak 03-28-2012 05:10 PM

I just love Aldi's light ranch, tastes so good to me!

I also just mix together vinegar, water and Splenda, sweet to your own taste - great on cole slaw, cucumbers and of course lettuce!

shirlc 03-28-2012 05:34 PM

I just love the Balsamic Breeze...use it even on UDs!:)

Beeb 03-28-2012 05:51 PM

Have any of you tried the Maple Grove Farms FF dressings? The Casear is amazing tasting and only 10 calories for 2 TBS! :up:

Speck333 03-28-2012 07:25 PM

Consider just thinning out your favorite ranch dressing with a little water or nonfat milk. Like, take 1/2 serving of dressing (usually a serving is 2 tbls) which would be about what? 50 calories, and then add a tbls water/milk. That has got to taste better than the nasty fat-free bottled ranch.

adillenal 03-28-2012 07:29 PM

I rarely eat salads anymore since I lived on them for many years it seems. But I do use the Balsamic Breeze spary dressing when I do and I also spray it on HB eggs when I am just eating one egg out of the frig.

kimberino 03-28-2012 08:25 PM

Speck, what a great idea! I hadn't thought of that - I can have my ranch and eat it too!

Beeb - where would the Maple Grove Farms dressing be found? Grocery or online?

SuzeQ 03-29-2012 07:09 AM

Yes, and they are good. I am using the asian one right now, and think I will pick up one of the others this week. Try it!

carla70 03-29-2012 07:14 AM

I do the same thing as Speck I add water to my dressing and then put it on, I use that when on DD or just want a "thinner" dressing to coat lettuce. My kids are totally grossed out by it.

Beeb 03-29-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberino (Post 15536450)
Speck, what a great idea! I hadn't thought of that - I can have my ranch and eat it too!

Beeb - where would the Maple Grove Farms dressing be found? Grocery or online?

I find them in my regular grocery store and they are also online, but look in your stores first. They are a bit more than Kraft or other main stream dressings but so worth the price and sometimes they have a 2 for sale going on and that is when I stock up! I love all their FF dressing, no chemical taste or yucking aftertaste at all! Look on the top and bottom shelves in the dressing aisle or even in the specialty aisles in your store!

HTH :shake:

b_lou_who 03-29-2012 10:14 AM

bolthouse farms refrigerated yogurt based ranch, blue cheese and others are awesome and lower cal if you can find them by the salads