Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: speds
Going to start JUDDING...question

Do I need to buy/read the book? Is there anything in it that you recommend people own the book? I'm getting TONS of good info here - and it seems pretty straightforward (did the calculator thing, etc.) so not sure I need to read it but will if you experts recommend doing so.

I am a veteran low carber but it's not working for me anymore - I can be in deep ketosis, being "faithful" and now not lose anything (worse, I can GAIN two lbs. with an extra piece of cheese or two). I'm so incredibly frustrated. I love how I feel with the sugar and grains out of my diet but I still have lbs. to lose (and not just a few) and they ARE NOT coming off anymore. I'll admit - I have had "stops and starts" over the years (OK a lot of them). For that reason I think I "ruined" myself and low carbing, while good for me, isn't WORKING for me anymore.
speds is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I think most of the info is here in the stickies from the book. It is worth a quick read, (although Dr Johnson is a plastic surgeon not nutrition or biology oriented so he blathers on about sat fats and stuff which we all now know is bunk science.) Check it out from the library if you don't want to buy yet another diet book
Ease into the carbs, stick with good whole ones instead of diving into any sugar when you start since you are transitioning from uber low carb. Especially down days make sure you get enough protein and limit exposure to sweet tastes (it can set off trouble) and then experiment with healthy food to find your balance. Weigh and measure and record every single thing you ingest to stick with juddd. You are going to get healthy, lose fat (inches and pounds) and feel so good both physically and about yourself!

I still habitually limit daily sugars to 25g max a day from all of my foods (except for the hunger games premier, went over there) and mostly my carbs are around 150g a day ud/mid 30s dd from whole foods and average about 75g protein ud/40s dd. I'm a slow loser and have fought hard for several years to change my eating habits to clean and healthful, I'm not going to sacrifice that for anything

Last edited by b_lou_who; 03-28-2012 at 10:05 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I think juddd will work great for you. It seems a lot of us became 'stuck' on lc. It's amazing to me how fast the weight came off when I started juddding.
I haven't read the book yet. Maybe I will sometime
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Speds!

If you are curious about the history of JUDDD and some of the science, then the book is very helpful. If you could not care less about all that, then just keep reading here and on the website.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Most of the info you need is on this site. I took out the book from the library...haven't read it yet though.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
I haven't read the book either; there is so much information on this board that I know what to do, and it is working! You will love being a part of our JUDDD family; can't wait until you come aboard - know that when you do, your life will change forever!!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i Found this WOE and decided that all the info i need was here..PLUS.... Somthing very important that the book can never give you is.. an almost immediate answer to a quesiton from the memeber here! AND the book dont come with SUPPORT!! . I will read the book.. just cuz i like to read.. But every thing you need is really right here with the JUDDD BUDDD's
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Faithful_1
Stats: 225/207 & shrinking/160?
WOE: JUDDD/Mod Carb
Start Date: Jan. 6, 2006. Re-start Jan. 2012
I agree..I'm on week 3 and am loving it! Found all my info right here. I dont plan on reading the book. I was low carbing too, but it just didnt work anymore...frustrating to say the least. But the scale is moving and the support here is great!! JUDD
Faithful_1 is offline   Reply With Quote