Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Down Day Positives (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/765158-down-day-positives.html)

vanilla_latte 03-28-2012 08:39 AM

Down Day Positives

Forgive me if there is a thread like this, and if there is, someone dredge it up. :laugh:

Since Down Days seem a little scary, overwhelming, hard or just plain undoable for some considering or just beginning JUDDD, maybe it's a good idea if we could list some of the positives of a DD? We all have days on any plan where we just don't eat alot. A DD is just a "planned" don't eat alot day. :lol:

Although this isn't my first time with JUDDD, and am no expert, I need to be reminded of my own positive DD thoughts when I feel like slipping!

Mine are:

*Free from meal planning, although having a (staple) DD menu is a good idea!
*Give my body a rest from pretty much constantly digesting.
*Drink more fluids to replenish the body.
*It does a body good to be a little hungry. "Hunger isn't an emergency" ;)
*I feel "lighter" on a DD.
*Learn to distinguish real hunger from head hunger (re: boredom!)
*Seeing others are having success starting out at a higher calorie DD is a positive for me. Wiggle room for if I go above a little on a DD!
*Self-control.
*Little bit of fasting is a good thing.
*Keeps my metabolism guessing. :up:
*Workouts are just as good on a DD as an UD.

That's all I can think of at the moment. What are yours?

sophiethecat 03-28-2012 08:55 AM

Good thread idea! :)

My positives:

-Clearer mind, sharper focus. I like to have DDs fall on days where I know I need to be at my best for this reason. :)

-Ties in with the above, but a pleasant, calm alertness. My whole body feels good. I feel good mentally, emotionally, physically.

-Less time spent buying, preparing, cleaning up after food or wondering about what to eat or that I need to eat just because of number on the clock. Gives a sense of being care-free.

-I know the fasting (or rather, near-fasting) is cleaning out old cells, repairing cells, and doing lots of great things in my body.

b_lou_who 03-28-2012 09:01 AM

Reduced grocery bill
Air conditioner doesn't need to be on
Actually get more water than I need in
Body gets to heal since energy isn't going to digestion
Work on my self more..emotionally and mentally making changes that don't get buried under eating
Boosting sirtuin enzymes and appetite suppression
I get to touch up the whitening on my teeth since I'm not eating or having a glass of wine
Toes get painted much more frequently
I get a lovely bath in bath salts and essential oils (gotta warm up, right)
Even though I don't sleep earlier I go to bed earlier and get some well needed rest
I get clothes sorted, tried on, and donations bagged at least every couple weeks on a down day - that really boosts me emotionally
My measurements get done on a down day - more positive reinforcement

sterlinggirl 03-28-2012 09:05 AM

My positive is knowing that i am in control of my body on this day.. and i love hearing my tummy rumble trying to coax me into feeding it.. I feeling more energy on a DD and i feel lighter.. thats a great feeling!!

Dottie 03-28-2012 09:17 AM

I usually have a ton of energy on DD's.
Enjoying the flavor of foods when you're limiting calories on DD's.

vanilla_latte 03-28-2012 11:57 AM

Excellent positives!!! :clap: :yahoo: Gives me more "food for thought"! :hyst:

sunday 03-28-2012 11:58 AM

Clean house and kitchen!
Love to organize cabinets & closets.
Energy to workout! Walk! Run!

Luna Loca 03-28-2012 12:03 PM

Feeling energetic and good. It doesn't happen to me every down day, but when it does, zowie!

Knowing that I am doing the best thing I can be doing for my health and my DH's health (since he JUDDDs with me).

Hydration. Getting plenty of fluids in.

I agree about the nice soaking baths. A little bit of luxury and pampering.

DH and I have a standing date for a little sumthin'-sumthin' on down days, so I always have that to look forward to :o :laugh: :o

eta: oh, lord, nobody tell him I told that! :o

Luna Loca 03-28-2012 01:12 PM

Oh, and I killed the thread with that. :doh:

sungoddess 03-28-2012 01:22 PM

All of the above that has been said!!

I think of DD's as "healing days" for me. I take the supplements on those days that are supposed to be taken on an empty stomach. I do light exercise, meditate, take a luxurious bath, and do some beauty routine to pamper myself- like a facial or manicure. ( I have much more time on my hands)!

I love the freedom from thinking about food. Since I fast, I don't cook, prepare, clean up or chart calories. It is incredibly freeing to me. Not obsessing about food a few days a week gives my brain needed rest!! I ejoy the sense of peace.

I do my art projects on those days because of having more time, so it is a time to be creative and productive.

I feel "cleaner". I like the sensation of detoxing. I know good things are happening in my body.

It's all good!:D

InTheLight 03-28-2012 01:27 PM

For me, doing DDs puts me closer to God, so I spend my fasting time in prayer with Him. Also, I seem to drink much more water on my DDs too!!!

northandcold23 03-28-2012 01:28 PM

I get more work done and I am more focused. On UD - I am always thinking "I better take a break and grab something to eat for more calories." On DD I just keep working and working!

DD80 03-28-2012 01:29 PM

I like the detoxing/feeling lighter/cleaner etc one. That's true.

Sometimes it feels good to be in control (I say sometimes because there are days like yesterday when I wanted to eat the paint off the walls and that's not a good feeling)

Losing water weight

Sometimes seeing the scale drop the next morning - your body is doing something! :) (What that is that it's doing, I don't know...:laugh:)

I can't think of any others right now...hmmmm

Joedi 03-28-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 15535304)
Oh, and I killed the thread with that. :doh:

Lol! bet your DH is VERY supportive of your woe!

hugs
Jo
x

sophiethecat 03-28-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15535443)
Lol! bet your DH is VERY supportive of your woe!

hugs
Jo
x

Agreed! :D

kimberino 03-28-2012 02:06 PM

LOL Luna. I've talked my hubs into "researching" JUDDD (he's WW now) but I'll be sure to steer him away from this thread - don't want him getting any ideas!

mainemom 03-28-2012 02:11 PM

- A more relaxed lunch hour at work. I only get a 1/2 hour, so not spending time waiting in line for food in the caf, or heating up from home, I get to spend my whole half hour relaxing w/a good book.
- Maybe TMI, but, I feel gas-free, if you know what I mean!

Lemming 03-28-2012 04:03 PM

Weird...I've only been doing JUDDD for two weeks (almost 4 pounds gone, though!), and my DD's are quite generous at 1000 cal (I love to speedskate, and work out extensively for it 11 months of the year. March is my "off month," but I think my body is still pretty tolerant of a lot of calories so the 45% is working for me.) Anyway, the weird part is I"ve already noticed that I have more energy, and less "middle-aged-lady achy muscles" on DD's. I still love my UD's and getting to eat pretty much whatever I want...but feeling great on DD's goes a long way towards cancelling out the hunger and the "oooh, that looks good." I hope it lasts!

Yam-Yam 03-28-2012 05:15 PM

Great Thread!!!

Luna: All I have to say is...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Plus, today was a DD and my DH is OH Sooooooooo Happy right now.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Ahem!:hyst:

One more:

DDs are a great time to go shopping!!! I went to Macy's this morning, bought a size 10 jeans which fit so comfortably!!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: I wore them the rest of the day until I had time alone w/ DH.....:D

gotitnow 03-28-2012 07:04 PM

I love and agree with each and every post about DDs and LOVE SO MUCH that it's like having a day off of being responsible for what's for dinner, cause we usually have enough "left-overs" and such, that my sweet DH knows on my DD, everyone just sort of "eats out of the fridge" or he will run get them a burger or something. Lucky me! It's weird still to me that I feel way more like taking my walk on my DDs. Cooooolll!!!:jumpjoy:

Yam Yam, if you are 5'9" tall and are in a size 10, you MUST be getting close to goal!! That sounds like a very slim lady to me! :)

Phyl :heart:

ellgee 03-28-2012 07:46 PM

I tend to come home from work, do a few things around the house then veg out in front of the TV.

Yesterday, a DD, I got home, bathed the dog, vacuumed the whole house, washed clothes, scrubbed toilets and cleaned up the master bath. I was on fire!!!!

What a great feeling!

vanilla_latte 03-29-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 15535118)
DH and I have a standing date for a little sumthin'-sumthin' on down days, so I always have that to look forward to :o :laugh: :o

eta: oh, lord, nobody tell him I told that! :o

Love it!!! :hyst::clap:

Kissa 05-21-2012 01:00 PM

This is a lovely thread, glad to revive it.

Had a great DD today. Body Combat this morning after a Vitamin effervescent drink.

Then a lovely couple of hours having a beauty treatment, badly overdue. 4 hours 'shopping'. Half way through it I felt a little bit of hunger so stopped for a Soya Flat White (fancy coffee).

Home to cook a thai prawn curry with brown rice. Measured my serving and *** says I have eaten 438 calories today. :)

I love a good DD. I am in control of my food choices, and very nice they have been too.

gotitnow 05-21-2012 01:40 PM

Was great reading all of this again! Sure helps to be reminded now and then too!!!

Kissa, were you clothes shopping? Sure more of a pleasure for me these days!:D

Phyl:heart:

Kissa 05-21-2012 01:45 PM

Well, yes :o just a few inexpensive vests and a little summer jacket.

Muffabuff 05-21-2012 05:08 PM

Lunaloca:rofl: I like finally starting to know that I have some control over my eating and that I'm eating when I'm hungry instead of because I'm bored or depressed. I do feel a sense of serenity on DD and as many have said actually like a bit of grumbling in my belly. And not just for DD but for this whole woe, I love never having to say goodbye to any of my favorite foods ever again. I can't remember how many times I've broken up with sea salt caramel gelato :rofl:.
We are dating again but only a little.:hyst:

vanilla_latte 05-22-2012 11:19 AM

I had only been on JUDDD a couple of weeks when I started this thread and the "magic" had yet to kick in. DD's are so, so much easier now and welcomed alot of times. It's sometimes so hard to get enough food in on an UD. :eek:

More positives:

*Don't think about food so much any more.
*Don't freak out if I know I'll have to go a while without food for whatever reason (on a DD OR an UD).
*I can see the changes in my body in the mirror. I figure that's the results of DD's. :clap:

Scotty 05-22-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Clearer mind, sharper focus. I like to have DDs fall on days where I know I need to be at my best for this reason
Wow, Sophie, I'm just the opposite. Head feels fuzzy on DDs

Quote:

DH and I have a standing date for a little sumthin'-sumthin' on down days, so I always have that to look forward
:laugh:Luna-I don't have energy for "that" on DDs...more's the pity.

Quote:

sea salt caramel gelato
Muffabuff-oh, dear, I must have some :yummy:

Sorry, can't think of anything good except the lower number on the scale that sometimes happens the next morning, and, come to think of it, that's good enough!

Terilynn 05-22-2012 02:05 PM

OK - I have thought and thought and thought... Down Day and Positive don't really go together for me....but here is my DOWN DAY POSITIVIE

TOMORROW IS AN UP DAY! :D

mainemom 05-24-2012 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=here is my DOWN DAY POSITIVIE

TOMORROW IS AN UP DAY! :D[/QUOTE]

LOVE it!