Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
hungryyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Almost 2 weeks into this and I'm having a rough down day.

Usually i don't eat until around 2 or so, but today I was hungry at 10.

i've had

3 cups of coffee with a protein shake as creamer. then I took the rest of the shake & make a slushie with some ice water & sf kahula davinci's syrup.

I've also had a cannon cake with the light laughing cow cheese.

I.AM.STILL.HUNGRY.

Dh was saying he feels the same as well so I'm wondering if it was dinner last night that is causing this issue today (steak, cheesy potato dish, salad with oil & balsamic dressing.) or maybe is it because it's cold here today?

I'm already at 250 calories, I think I have to eat over 500 today... but not too much, tomorrow is my official 2 week weigh in.

oh and I'm drinking TONS of water.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
If I eat early in the day on a down day, that's it, I'll be miserable all day. I have to put off eating as much as I can because after I eat, the hunger returns and is quite insistent. So my ideal down day is a day where I eat once, and at about 7pm. I get some hungry periods in the morning and afternoon, but the hunger pangs are dull and pass after 5-10 minutes. If I gave in and ate though, the hunger would be a lot more insistent afterwards!

Sometimes a stick of sugar free gum helps, just having something to chew maybe tells my brain that I'm feeding myself so it shuts up.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
I really envy those of you who can wait most of the day to eat. I just can't do it!!

I'm trying an experiment today which in theory sounded good but I don't know how it will go - I am alloting myself 100 calories every 3-4 hours. I'm having a really hungry down day too so

I think if you need it, add some calories. If it keeps you from running full tilt at the fridge, then it is worth it!

Good luck today! Tomorrow will be here soon.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I push off eating until I just can't do it anymore. I drink coffee/tea and then have a meal around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Eating starts me eating so I have found NOT eating right when my body is saying "Hmmm, maybe some food" and starting when it is saying "NOW is time for food" helps alot.

I also wonder why you are not "eating" food? What I mean is I could use that 250 calories you have spent on your menu today so far and make a great DD meal from that, probably 2 meals. Chewing sometimes helps us to not feel hungry and I know I can't drink my calories, I gotta eat them. I do understand how some like to do the shakes and that kind of stuff on induction because it's recommended but that is just what it is, recommend and not a hard and fast rule. Maybe eating your calories for the rest of the day will help some?

There are so many great DD recipes for chewing food in the DD recipe section, why not try those and see if it helps. You still have 250 calories to go for today, that could be a great protein and veggie meal!

HTH

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-27-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I try to wait until later in the day myself. Having done Fast 5 earlier this year helps since I wouldn't eat until around 3 in the afternoon. I'd much rather have most of my calories/carbs later in the day.

Susan, do you have or like bouillon cubes? Those are very low cal. I add a teaspoon of cream to them and that helps. But fat helps me better than protein, so it might be an individual thing.

If you go over 500, don't fret .. it's only one day! Better to up the calories a bit than to chuck it, go hog wild and then beat yourself up over it.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well when i did eat on a DD i used.. HArd boiled eggs and chicken breast.. i would eat half my 3 ounch peice if chicken about 11.. and the egg at say 1 pm.. then the ohter half of chicken at 3.. coffee inbetwwen.. and by time is was dinner time.. if i was still hungry i would eat then a salad with veggys and little to no dressing.. which was about just under 300 for the day.. depending on the veggys i put in the huge salad.. hope this helps with a differnt idea,, protein will stay with you longer than any early carb, be it healthy or not.IMO
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 03-27-2012 at 10:24 AM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
there are just bad days. fortunately they are rare, and just one day. tomorrow is always an up day wink wink
smart of you to examine what you had last night, could easily be a food you ate. my body and potatoes just aint gonna get along no matter what. not an allergy or anything, just a lack of sympatico.
some people have issues with certain cheeses.

Get yourself some miracle noodles if you can stomach them, they make superb basically no cal filler on down days that you can doll up for not many calories. spicy thai peanut noodles with or without some shrimp are a must for me near TOM. and at under 100 cal it is a lot of food. the cabbage/laughing cow meal has saved everyone here I think.
I also picked up the Hungry Girl under 200cal cookbook for dd variety, most of them seem to be about 100cal.
Be kind to yourself, one dd that you have to go even up to 35% isn't going to hurt you one little bit. When the day seems rough give yourself permission to go up a rung on the % ladder or have an extra 100cal meal. And keep singing "I can have whatever I want tomorrow".
Old 03-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I keep a bowl of hardboiled eggs in the fridge. Left in the shell they're good for about a week, so they last me 3-4 down days. One egg = 70 calories, so easy to measure out when I'm hungry. 3 hardboiled eggs is a good filling meal for me, I just cut them in half and add pepper, maybe a dill pickle or two as well. I don't do much cooking on down days, I keep things simple: Eggs, pickles, laughing cow cheese wedges spread on melba toast as a snack if needed. That's pretty much been my down day menu since the start.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2boysNJ View Post

i've had

3 cups of coffee with a protein shake as creamer. then I took the rest of the shake & make a slushie with some ice water & sf kahula davinci's syrup.

I.AM.STILL.HUNGRY.

Dh was saying he feels the same as well so I'm wondering if it was dinner last night that is causing this issue today (steak, cheesy potato dish, salad with oil & balsamic dressing.) or maybe is it because it's cold here today?

I'm already at 250 calories, I think I have to eat over 500 today... but not too much, tomorrow is my official 2 week weigh in.

I am of the opinion that after you have been JUDDing for a while and you have a DD where your body is telling you it needs something, that's the day to go up to 35% or so. Early last week I felt that way on a DD. Usually my DDs are wonderful and I am just not hungry.

That day was different. I just felt "yucky" can't describe it. Felt like I needed something.

So, I made a conscious decision to turn that DD into a mid day of 1200 calories and ate some very healthy vegetable dishes, proteins and things like steel cut oats.

The next day I had an UD and my following DD was back to normal and very doable.

Try to listen to your body and allow yourself a few extra calories today if you need them. JUDD will forgive you!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
About every three weeks I get a hunger on DD very similar to what I called The Carb Hunger on LC. Most DDs I don't get hungry at all. But when this thing hits, tea or broth do nothing. I have given up fighting it.

It hit today and I out-smarted it. Had a salad with almost a head of romaine lettuce, an ounce of chicken breast, and a Tb of Ceasar Dressing. 220 calories but lots of volume. I am no longer hungry. I will adjust the cals in my evening meal and stay at or under 600 for the day (I usually hit under 500, but on these days I give myself a little room if I need it).

The nice thing about this hunger is it does seem to come from some fat-burning process because I always wake up lighter after it hits. AND I have never had it hit more than one day in a row.

I think it is caused by a phase of the moon or maybe there is an hagged JUDDD-witch out there casting a spell. It does seem to hit a lot of us on the same day
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I don't care if the tide pulls at the juddd appetite suppression once in a while, as long as it sucks some fat away with it when it leaves.
and someone find that witch and throw a bucket of water on her.
wait, its all of us who are melting
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
I'm having one of those days too - I have a whole 135 calories left for the day, and it is only mid-afternoon!!

Planning on an egg-white omelette with WW cheddar and mushrooms for dinner after a good workout and hoping tonight won't be too knuckle biting. Some days are just like that!
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #13

Let's hope it was a sign of a woosh because tomorrow is my official 2 week weigh in day!

I made a chicken stir fry for dinner. It was really good. I made spaghetti noodles with it for the kids.
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I hear ya!! I'm going to bed at 8:15 because I've already had 390 calories...and if I eat anything else, I'm likely to go over 500!! Good night JUDDDers!!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
I've wondered all day today why I'm so hungry on a DD. That just does not happen! But, I've had two bowls of salad (one for lunch, and one for supper) with a boiled egg in each one, some green and bell pepper, about 4 cherry tomatoes and bacon bits, along with bolthouse dressing (35 cals for 2 TBLS), and I'm finally satisfied. I had my usual 3 or 4 cups of coffee (only one with a teaspoon of butter and 2 teaspoons of HWC), and don't have hunger pains now. But, what was special about today that we were all so hungry?

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
I'm having one of those days too - I have a whole 135 calories left for the day, and it is only mid-afternoon!!

Planning on an egg-white omelette with WW cheddar and mushrooms for dinner after a good workout and hoping tonight won't be too knuckle biting. Some days are just like that!
I made it in with one lonely little calorie to spare. Better plan on going to bed early tonight!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I notice every time the seasons change, I get extra hungry
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
It's a DD today and I'm STARVING. I almost gave in. This is the first DD where I've actually pondered just giving in. I didn't and I'm proud of myself, but holy heck I can't wait until tomorrow.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
This thread is cracking me up cause I've also been feeling the hunger today!

I will try to attribute mine to Mr. Tom, but then again, maybe it's the moon, Venus, and Jupiter all lining up that put the whammy on us!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

gritteeth, gritteeth, gritteeth.....

this is white knuckle stuff, I tell ya!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yep, despite all my planning to outsmart The Hunger, I ended up at 680 cals yesterday.

And the really, weird, frustrating, hilarious part is: I bet most of us who were famished yesterday have absolutely no interest in food today.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #22

LOL so glad I'm not alone. Dh was suffering as well.

I ended up at 460 calories yesterday, not sure how that happened!
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Yep, despite all my planning to outsmart The Hunger, I ended up at 680 cals yesterday.

And the really, weird, frustrating, hilarious part is: I bet most of us who were famished yesterday have absolutely no interest in food today.
I ended up at 625 yesterday, which is a good DD for me, so I was happy.

As for having no interest in food today....uuuummmm....yeah. I'm SO HAPPY to be eating right now! I LOVE UP DAYS!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2boysNJ View Post

i've had

I.AM.STILL.HUNGRY.

you are not eating enough protein for breakfast. try 8 oz of chicken/shrimp/fish when you first get up and you wont be hungry all day. yes, i mean DD as well as UD. chicken breast is about 30 cals per oz. fish/shrimp about 25 cals per oz. so that still leaves me enough to have a light dinner and come in under 400 cals.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
you are not eating enough protein for breakfast. try 8 oz of chicken/shrimp/fish when you first get up and you wont be hungry all day. yes, i mean DD as well as UD. chicken breast is about 30 cals per oz. fish/shrimp about 25 cals per oz. so that still leaves me enough to have a light dinner and come in under 400 cals.
Good advice. This is working for me! I don't even eat 8 oz, but I get in about 3-4 and I have been doing fine.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

Yep, that was how I was for most of the day. It was 5 p.m. before I really got hungry.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
This thread makes me giggle , it looks like the JUDDD BUDDs have their hungry DD's Synchronized.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykinz View Post
This thread makes me giggle , it looks like the JUDDD BUDDs have their hungry DD's Synchronized.
Lol ya know its kind of like that time of the month when women live in the same house hold they all seam to have that synchronized too..
Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Good to know I was not alone in wanting to chew my own leg off.

Not bothered about food at all today. I'm not going to try to eat up to my limit like I did before. Perhaps that makes you more hungry on DDs?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Good to know I was not alone in wanting to chew my own leg off.

Not bothered about food at all today. I'm not going to try to eat up to my limit like I did before. Perhaps that makes you more hungry on DDs?
Each person needs to find what works for them and perhaps for you.. not eating so much on a DD is your answer.. but there are others here that are eating 500 or so on a DD and that works fine for them..and some others that could not start any where near that 500 mark so they started higher than that and worked there way down to 500 once the JUDDD magic kicked in.. What ever yours doing is your eating plan and you will do great!! Just be patient and keep posting as you go for advise.. this forum is amazing for helping us feel good about what we need to do as individuals to reach our goals