Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ChefDeb
Stats: 260/215/150
WOE: Atkins - again & again & again
Start Date: March 26, 2012 JUDDD
Newbie with questions/fears

Hi all,
I've been around LCF for YEARS but haven't joined a group in a while. I have spent the last few weeks reading TONS of threads about JUDDD and yesterday was my first DD. It wasn't too bad! I was able to make it a full 36 hours and wasn't really hungry when I got up this morning.

Here are my fears/questions....I think I broke my metabolism and am hoping and praying that I can lose with JUDDD.

I have been back on strict induction for the past 10 weeks and have dropped 5 pounds. I used to be a faster loser, but it seems like Atkins doesn't work for me. Is that possible?

Have any of you come to JUDDD from a second/third/fourth Atkins attempt and found that this program worked for you when strict induction/fat fast would not??

I love the idea/concept of JUDDD and am awaiting the books arrival from Amazon so I can understand better how this works.

Guess I just need some reassurance that this can work for someone like me who has tried everything under the sun and can't seem to lose no matter what!!

Thanks in advance,

D

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." Ben Franklin

3/26/12 219.8 began JUDDD
4/3/12 212.6 loving JUDDD!!!!!
ChefDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefDeb View Post
Hi all,
I've been around LCF for YEARS but haven't joined a group in a while. I have spent the last few weeks reading TONS of threads about JUDDD and yesterday was my first DD. It wasn't too bad! I was able to make it a full 36 hours and wasn't really hungry when I got up this morning.
Congratulations on making it through your first DD! They only get easier.
Here are my fears/questions....I think I broke my metabolism and am hoping and praying that I can lose with JUDDD.
Trust JUDDD--it works for many of us who thought or even had validation that our metabolisms were faulty.
I have been back on strict induction for the past 10 weeks and have dropped 5 pounds. I used to be a faster loser, but it seems like Atkins doesn't work for me. Is that possible?
It's absolutely possible. Our bodies are very mysterious. Many of us came to JUDDD after our "most recent" low carb attempt just wasn't giving us the results we've had in the past!
Have any of you come to JUDDD from a second/third/fourth Atkins attempt and found that this program worked for you when strict induction/fat fast would not??
See above. I was losing about 1/2 lb a week on Atkins, strict induction, when I came to JUDDD. I started losing very well on JUDDD. With Atkins, I think we don't really pay attention to HOW MUCH we're eating, but rather just the amount of carbs. We still need to watch it if we're just piling on the calories.
I love the idea/concept of JUDDD and am awaiting the books arrival from Amazon so I can understand better how this works.

Guess I just need some reassurance that this can work for someone like me who has tried everything under the sun and can't seem to lose no matter what!!

Thanks in advance,

D
I think once you get into the swing of things, you'll love JUDDD as much as I do!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
It is absolutely possible that Atkins doesn't work for you!! There are many here, including me, that had that very same experience. It got pretty bad for me around 5 months in. I will never go back to that woe again, I can assure you!

It finally sunk in, after losing weight so EASILY on JUDDD that it was abnormal to eliminate an entire macronutrient in favor of the others.

Glad you are here, and ask for all the help you may need! This is a super group of JUDDD BUDDDs!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
and here is some reading material for you that I hope will answer all or most all of your questions:

Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD? Please read the post with the links attached. These are the ones that have lots of good info/ideas/answers.

Tell Us Your Fears!!

HTH!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmama View Post
It is absolutely possible that Atkins doesn't work for you!! There are many here, including me, that had that very same experience. It got pretty bad for me around 5 months in. I will never go back to that woe again, I can assure you!

It finally sunk in, after losing weight so EASILY on JUDDD that it was abnormal to eliminate an entire macronutrient in favor of the others.

Glad you are here, and ask for all the help you may need! This is a super group of JUDDD BUDDDs!
OMG, truer words have NEVER been spoken, especially for me!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I have had more than 4 attempts at atkins!!! I would usually lose water weight with LC but then it quit. no more pounds, no inches! Frustrating! With JUDDD the scale is bouncing (as it will!), but I am losing inches! In a short time none the less! It takes some time for the magic to kick it, but dissappointed I am not! I truely am lovin JUDDD!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
I tried a meat/egg fast for a few days and couldn't get my stuck scale to move. Tried juddd and lost 15 in the first month! I even stayed low carb. Something about the calorie swing is really working well for me. Keep the faith.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
There are definitely people who have come to JUDDD from Atkins (after several goes). My mother, Kissa, has lowcarbed for the most part for the past 11 years - but although she hit goal once - for the last year or so, wh was sitting several pounds over goal. She's made goal and no longer eats low carb.

Other people have continued to low carb with the JUDDD woe, that's a health choice for a lot of them. (or for some a necessity)

Personally I've followed Atkins - the first time it worked a dream - until I gave up and started to eat carbs again. Each restart was harder and harder and harder for me to lose weight. In the end, I basically decided I wasn't going to low carb. Where I was living at the time didn't help - there was very poor quality meats, no decent cheese and okay eggs - that was about it! Even the veggies weren't great!

I always thought - once I get back to living at home (Australia now), I'll have to start Atkins again. But I had a really heavy heart - I didn't want to restrict myself - particularly after losing well on Paul McKenna's 'I Can Make You Thin' - where I ate anything I wanted.

Basically the easiest ways (before JUDDD) for me to lose weight were Atkins (but that wasn't working in the same way) or the NLP of Paul McKenna - but, if I stopped the program - I started to eat more. So, I knew the only possible choice was Atkins.

I'd read about JUDDD - but truthfully, couldn't believe that I could possibly do the DD and we all know that counting calories doesn't work - don't we??

Anyway, Kissa had started JUDDD and had so much success - I decided to join in. I'm 4months in and 38lbs down!!! And what's more - it's sooooo simple

This will work for you - give it the 2 weeks at least - and you'll have to think about whether you want carbs or not. Remember, if you add them - you may see an initial water weight gain - don't worry - it will go! The scale is going to bounce - it's okay - it will bounce down properly!!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
atkins quit working for me, my metabolism and endocrine system have some hard core issues.
juddd is fantastic. the health benefits of intermittent fasting are stupendous.
my only recommendation would be not to dive into large amounts of sugars at first, it isn't healthy and you are coming off of low carb so it could be a double whammy. you still need to eat healthfully and get the nutrients right for your body with juddd but the freedom to be able to give yourself permission to have something you have denied yourself for years (or only "cheated" or "snuck in") is such a valuable gift to yourself.
have fun right along with us!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ChefDeb
Stats: 260/215/150
WOE: Atkins - again & again & again
Start Date: March 26, 2012 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
and here is some reading material for you that I hope will answer all or most all of your questions:

Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD? Please read the post with the links attached. These are the ones that have lots of good info/ideas/answers.

Tell Us Your Fears!!

HTH!
. Thank you! I enjoy reading your posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
I have had more than 4 attempts at atkins!!! I would usually lose water weight with LC but then it quit. no more pounds, no inches! Frustrating! With JUDDD the scale is bouncing (as it will!), but I am losing inches! In a short time none the less! It takes some time for the magic to kick it, but dissappointed I am not! I truely am lovin JUDDD!
I'm off to write down my measurements....scale bounce will freak me out so I think I'll avoid it for the first month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
There are definitely people who have come to JUDDD from Atkins (after several goes). My mother, Kissa, has lowcarbed for the most part for the past 11 years - but although she hit goal once - for the last year or so, wh was sitting several pounds over goal. She's made goal and no longer eats low carb.

Other people have continued to low carb with the JUDDD woe, that's a health choice for a lot of them. (or for some a necessity)

Personally I've followed Atkins - the first time it worked a dream - until I gave up and started to eat carbs again. Each restart was harder and harder and harder for me to lose weight. In the end, I basically decided I wasn't going to low carb. Where I was living at the time didn't help - there was very poor quality meats, no decent cheese and okay eggs - that was about it! Even the veggies weren't great!

I always thought - once I get back to living at home (Australia now), I'll have to start Atkins again. But I had a really heavy heart - I didn't want to restrict myself - particularly after losing well on Paul McKenna's 'I Can Make You Thin' - where I ate anything I wanted.

Basically the easiest ways (before JUDDD) for me to lose weight were Atkins (but that wasn't working in the same way) or the NLP of Paul McKenna - but, if I stopped the program - I started to eat more. So, I knew the only possible choice was Atkins.

I'd read about JUDDD - but truthfully, couldn't believe that I could possibly do the DD and we all know that counting calories doesn't work - don't we??

Anyway, Kissa had started JUDDD and had so much success - I decided to join in. I'm 4months in and 38lbs down!!! And what's more - it's sooooo simple

This will work for you - give it the 2 weeks at least - and you'll have to think about whether you want carbs or not. Remember, if you add them - you may see an initial water weight gain - don't worry - it will go! The scale is going to bounce - it's okay - it will bounce down properly!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
atkins quit working for me, my metabolism and endocrine system have some hard core issues.
juddd is fantastic. the health benefits of intermittent fasting are stupendous.
my only recommendation would be not to dive into large amounts of sugars at first, it isn't healthy and you are coming off of low carb so it could be a double whammy. you still need to eat healthfully and get the nutrients right for your body with juddd but the freedom to be able to give yourself permission to have something you have denied yourself for years (or only "cheated" or "snuck in") is such a valuable gift to yourself.
have fun right along with us!
Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's easy to feel 'alone' when starting something new. You all are so generous with information and time. Just another reason LCF's is the best forum on the web!
ChefDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
ChefDeb

Planning for the scale bounce, and recognizing your best way of handling it, is SOOO positive!

Oh, and count me as another LC stopped working, JUDDD keeps right on trucking loser!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefDeb View Post
. It's easy to feel 'alone' when starting something new.
You're sure not alone, ChefDeb! WE CAN DO THIS! I just started on 3/26 and came over from doing my first serious attempt at Atkins for the past 3 years (Stalled at 170 the last two years on that). No real gains, no real losses either.

I've already lost 4# in 3 Days doing JUDDD, so I think this may just shake up/confuse my metabolism so it starts working FOR me instead of AGAINST me in my weight-loss efforts.

I'm sticking to GOOD carbs on JUDDD for the most part. But I'm sure not averse to the occasional bit of potato or rice as I progress to my goal. I consider those natural, "unadultered" carbs.
buttoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I lost my weight 9 years ago by using LCLF. Slowly gained it back over the past couple of years. Tried Atkins 72 again and basically maintained, not much weight loss. Ate lots of meat and lots of fat but I too do not want to do without my favorite foods for the rest of my life.

I started JUDDD January 8 and although my weight loss is extremely slow compared to many others, I am happy with it. I average a pound per week but I tend to bounce up and down for weeks and then drop a couple of pounds. I am down 14 pounds in 3 months which I am satisfied with. I remember losing 1/2 to 1 pound per day on LCLF and I lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks. Not willing to go there again though. Slow and steady will still get me to where I want to be.

AND WELCOME to JUDDD.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Deb!!

All the replies were great, and I too came to JUDDD after WL on vLC was nearly at a standstill. I thought my metabolism was damaged, but then on JUDDD the weight dropped off fast (I had 5# to get to goal), but the remarkable thing is that I've continued to lose more weight in maintenance without trying - - and by eating hundreds of calories more daily than I did in weight loss mode (WLM)!! This has been true of others as well.

So JUDDD can have a very healing effect on the metabolism. The wide swing in UD/DD calories is most effective for shaking things up.

And, my body no longer felt like it was in starvation mode due to not receiving the valuable carbohydrate it needed. So when it perceived there was plenty of foods - ALL foods, it let go of its "precious" fat stores for me!

I encourage you to read up on this forum all you can since everything you need to know to get started is in these threads. If you need help with anything, just ask. Can't wait to celebrate your JUDDD whoo hooos! with you along the way!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
With the exception of diet pills and some kind of injections back in the 80's (think it was hcg), I've never had any success losing weight with anything. I'll lose a few pounds, 5-7, then hit a brick wall. I've got 60 lbs. or so to lose, so it's not like I'm fighting over 5-10 lbs. The longest I stuck anything out was Weight Watchers, on one of my umpteenth tries with it, and it took me almost 6 months to lose 15 lbs.

When JUDDD first came out about 5 years or so ago, I tried it and within 3 months or so, had lost 14 lbs. And that was with eating carbs! Went on an overseas trip, fell off the wagon and tried several other plans, and failed. Even tried JUDDD again, several times, but just never stuck with it.

At the first of this year, I began low carbing, just keeping the net carbs around 45-50. You'd think coming off an eating plan (WW Round 350 ) eating 300 carbs a day or more, I'd have seen a few pounds come off. Began reading all the successes people were having here and decided since I'd seen the best results with JUDDD (before short-circuiting it), I'd give it another shot and really work it this time. I'm mixing it with low carb because I am a carb addict and just feel better getting those outa me.

Wow, I didn't mean to get so lengthy! There's lots of good advice about starting a littler higher on your DDs and work down if 500 calories or less seems too difficult.

You CAN do this!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012

I came to JUDDD 3/8 after my second try at LC. The first time I lost easily but I didn't stick with it and regained about 17 lbs. The second time @ LC I lost 10lbs and then just kept losing the same 1-2lbs over and over. After a month to 6 wks of that I was getting discouraged. That's when I discovered JUDDD. I've lost 4 lbs since starting and I'm very happy with that. I only have 5 more lbs to get to my goal (which is 5 lbs less than my first low with LC). What I love and am still amazed about is I've been eating plenty of carby crap while I've lost those 4 lbs.

I wish you great success with JUDDD.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Hey, another rattie owner, by the look of that cutie in your avatar, SammyAnn. I own two 13# minis: one bicolor and one tricolor.
buttoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Hey, another rattie owner, by the look of that cutie in your avatar, SammyAnn. I own two 13# minis: one bicolor and one tricolor.
Yep! We have Dairy, our mini. We had another but she had a lot of health problems and passed away a yr and half ago. Her name was Princess. They sure are a great breed!

My dd had colored Dairy with blue koolaid in that picture for easter a couple yrs ago.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariacj
Stats: 210/173/143
WOE: JUDDD and Low Carb
Start Date: LC - Nov 2011, Judd - March 2012, LC + Judd Aug12
Although I had not LCed for a long time before starting Juddd. I lost about 15 - 18 pounds with LC, but then I was on a 2 month stall on LC. I realized I was eating way above my calorie limit for what I needed for a sedentary life. Yup, I do not like to exercise and I love Cheese.

JUDDD gave me back my carbs on UD and I can still LC on my DD. As long as I don't go over my calorie limits... there are tons of options.

Coming from LC... introduce carbs SLOWLY. You will gain water weight. Keep an eye out for sodium... water weight makes us think something is wrong.

I gained 4 pounds of water weight a couple of days ago. I am now at my lowest EVER since 2008. Keep a Calorie log online so that you can track carbs and calories.

You can do it.

Loving Life with JUDDD and my bouncy chart!
" I'm like a rubber ball, Baby that's all that I am to you
(Bouncy, bouncy) (bouncy, bouncy)" - Bobby Vee
Mariacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
to JUDDD!! I have done low carb, I've done weight watchers, I've done diet pills, hcg...you name it, I've done it! I think you have gotten some great advice here. JUDDD is my favorite plan so far and can really see this working for the rest of my life. My best piece of advice is: It is frustrating when the scale bounces...and it will...but just be persistent and you will see the final bounce down soon enough!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/156/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
Yes, I was stuck last year until Oct, losing the same 2-3 lb on lc and vlc. So frustrated. The easy to get to number was getting higher and higher-after a couple of weeks on JUDD I lost five easy lbs w/o counting UD. I fell off royally in Dec and climbed back on in Jan and went back and forth for two months-doing JUDD or Atkins. Seems coming back to JUDD isn't the breeze as before but since I like this diet and the carbs I'm staying here for awhile. I'm back to where I began (158) last Oct and will plodd back to low 150's, I hope. I don'tt watch carbs but mainly eat calorie-wise now. I love it.

Psalm 62:5
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
1annewil is offline   Reply With Quote