Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: larronambermom
Advice please...Weight Gain!!

Today will be the start of my third week with this WOE. My calories on up days are 2093 I try to make it as close as possible with my down days being 419 somedays are under with some reaching 500. (I'm 5'2 134lbs) I weighed after a down day on Saturday morning and had a 4 pd gain! I almost passed out! I don't get my time of the month as I am on the depo so I don't have that issue to explain the gain. I had lost 47lbs but quickly gained them back when my daughter was seriously injured while deployed in afganastain last may. I was thrilled to find this WOE and all of the supportive people on this forum. I wasn't even conserned that I wasn't losing anything because I had read so many posts that said it takes awhile for the "magic" to being. I was just hoping that someone would have some words of wisdom for me to keep me thinking positive or help me figure out why I'm gaining. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
larronambermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i am not qualifyed really to give you an answer.. but i can give you and tell you to read the post "the scale she bounces" from what we have all heard .on this WOE she will bounce all over the place and as long as the trend is downward its working! hang in there.. its worth the wait,, plus please if you have not done so.. check your measurments.. most often the inches go first and the scale cathes up later on.. how do you feel in your clothes?
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Yes, yes, yes measure your inches! I hate the scale! I can eat a pretzel....just one mind you...and the scale backhand me with 4 lbs! Hang in there! I am sure the magic is there!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Your UD calories are close to mine and I'm 5'10" and 231 lbs, and nearly 40 years old. Can you give us your age and activity level? I don't think your numbers are set correctly. Maybe we can play around with them and figure something out.

ETA: I just put you in the calculator at 62", 134 lbs, and age 50 (arbitrary #) and got 1554/311 at 20% with little to no exercise.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 03-27-2012 at 06:30 AM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I put in 30 years old on the judddd site and get 1667UD and 333DD with no exercie. Are you sure you calculated correctly?

You have to make sure you input lbs or kg correctly on the weight part.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
I agree with all the posts above - while the scales may not show a loss, you will surely feel a difference in your clothes, and to me, that is the most important. I also remember reading that muscles weigh more than fat itself, and this WOE attacks the fat cells, so it may not show much in numbers, but will speak volumes in regard to inches lost - to the JUDDD family; we are glad to have you here!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

I appreciate you responding...thanks so much. I have read that the scale bounces I just wasn't expecting such a big bounce in the wrong direction. I'm going to stick with it because I really like it I just hope I'm doing it right and see the scale moving in the other direction soon. I haven't noticed anything as far as inches or my clothes fitting different. Soon I hope to notice something. Thanks so much!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I think your number are high as well. I am 5'4", 125 lbs, age 52 and I get 1550 without exercise. I do exercise a lot so that bumps it up to 1950. Still lower than your number. I'd recalculate and see what you get or give your stats here and someone will check it for you.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

I actually asked about the calories last week on here and was given those numbers...I am 39 almost 40 and I use the non activity level since I work 16 hrs a day 6 days a week at a desk job. I'd love any help if my numbers are incorrect...anything...I'm just lookin for some hope..lol. Thanks again!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

OK BIG MISTAKE I'm 5'2 and 234 pds...I wish 134! Sorry!!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larronambermom View Post
Today will be the start of my third week with this WOE. My calories on up days are 2093 I try to make it as close as possible with my down days being 419 somedays are under with some reaching 500. (I'm 5'2 134lbs) I weighed after a down day on Saturday morning and had a 4 pd gain! I almost passed out! I don't get my time of the month as I am on the depo so I don't have that issue to explain the gain. I had lost 47lbs but quickly gained them back when my daughter was seriously injured while deployed in afganastain last may. I was thrilled to find this WOE and all of the supportive people on this forum. I wasn't even conserned that I wasn't losing anything because I had read so many posts that said it takes awhile for the "magic" to being. I was just hoping that someone would have some words of wisdom for me to keep me thinking positive or help me figure out why I'm gaining. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
First a big to you! Well, your numbers are right, according to JUDDD (actually JUDDD gave you a higher number by about 10 calories on both days) so I'm not sure what could be going on with you. The only thing I would try is to lower those calories on your UD. Keep at the orginal number or 500 but put those UD calories down to 1800 or 1900 calories and see what happens. The other thing is if you are eating much higher carbs than usual this could be causing you to gain. Some of us can eat at a higher carb level, but some have found that carbs, no matter what WOE they do, just doesn't work.

It's all trial and error but I think you can do this and I know you will find your way and numbers soon.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-27-2012 at 08:30 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Okay - so now we've sorted out your cals are about right!! I'm 5'2" and way 226 and I eat 2100 on UD!

Have you lost any weight at all?

The 4lb gain could be all sorts of things. Sodium, Hormones (even if you are on Depo), lack of sleep, high volume of food (even you were within your cal limits) - did you have lots of broth on the DD?

If you've been losing - and you've had a 4lb gain - I'm sure it will go. If you've not been losing - have you changed your diet recently? Upped carbs etc?

Perhaps others will have more to say on the matter. Sorry it's happened - I sometimes have a gain after an DD and lose after an UD - there's no rule that says when you're going to lose and gain - the bouncing scale is here to stay!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
you will have huge bounces in the wrong direction.
my first month just a couple days before I reached a new low I bounced back ABOVE my juddd start weight.
second month I have bounced up middle up and now am back to losing losing losing here at the very end of the month. but I am now at a new low
its tricksy, if the bouncing affects your mental/emotional state it seems better to only weigh as recommended (book says once every 8 days after a down day) or even just monthly but measure weekly. and keep trying on some goal clothes.
I am in jeans that scoffed at me, and can button and wear (with no gapping) some shirts and jackets that I couldn't even wear open (buttons couldn't touch) comfortably two months ago. And I am a slow loser. Not even down 10 pounds quite yet.
In the past even with very low carb or hcg my inches didn't change so dramatically even if the scale was moving. It would take 25 pounds or more to lose a pants size or get noticed by people around me.
There is something special about intermittent fasting and the fat loss it brings in my experience.

Last edited by b_lou_who; 03-27-2012 at 10:10 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #14

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larronambermom View Post
OK.. first of all, we have to figure out where a discrepancy here lies..... In this post above, you say your weight is 134 pounds.

BUT, in your post here on March 20th, you stated your weight as 234 pounds!

So, first of all, we need to know which it is. Obviously, the difference of 100 POUNDS is so significant, that it will make a very, very big difference in your calorie numbers.

So let's address this issue first.

Don't worry... we'll get this fixed so that you will be happily losing pounds and inches shortly.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #15

OK, I see that you straightened out the weight difference above. So.. be right back.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #16

Based on your stats, now verified correctly by you.. your numbers are 427/2137... about what you say you have been doing.

You didn't say what level of carbohydrate you are including in your diet on JUDDD these last couple of weeks, but I can tell you that the bouncing scale is very, very *JUDDD-like*, particularly early on in this eating plan.

Really, I think you should give it a bit longer. Folks who switch to low carb eating are rewarded right off the bat with nice weight losses showing on their scales, even if it is only lost water weight and not much fat. But they're thrilled.

With JUDDD, there is no immediate loss showing up on the scale sometimes, so nothing to encourage us to keep at it. And in fact, for some of us, there is some weight gain when we first start out. Usually it's from adding more carbs back into our food plans. Do you think you have been eating at a bit higher carb level lately?

Like I said, I think you should stick with this a bit longer and see what another week will show you on the scale. If still no weight loss, if still a bit of weight gain, then it will be time to reassess this. But at this time, I think the best advice is for you just to keep on and be patient.

And the other thing is... are you measuring your foods and portions and tracking your calories, so you know you are not overeating your calorie numbers on any of your days, just by guessing the amounts. And guessing wrong. (And I only mention this because it is something that happens occasionally.)

In the meantime, hang in there, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-27-2012 at 10:38 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

First I want to thank all of you for all your advice and support. I really didn't expect to see a loss within the first few weeks I was just surprised to see a 4pd gain. With that being said, I have every intention of sticking with this and will give it another week before I worry to much. I do weigh and measure everything so I'm pretty sure I'm keeping calories where they should be. I did start to add in carbs but stayed the same with no gain up until this last saturday which shocked me as well. I really like this WOE and the support on this forum so as I said I will stick with it and hopefully start to see some positive changes soon. Thank you all so much!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
A big bounce up the scale is not uncommon on JUDDD, and it may soon go and take some friends with it.

It isn't 4# of fat latching onto you overnight, so something else is at play, and the common culprits are hormones, lack of sleep, sodium, excess carbs, stress, allergy/cold medication, colds/flu, off the top of my head.

It all has to do with water balance.

Drink your water, keep up the good work you're doing, and keep us informed.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Wishing you much success! I think you have to give it at least 3 weeks myself!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Oh yes, please stay with it and eliminate all of the 'ifs' such as enough water, enough sleep and all of the variables that Sophie & Pat mentioned above.

We're all behind you cheering you on!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #22

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love that you are so determined to stick with it, in spite of this bounce.

Please keep us up to date with your progress.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
(If i missed you!) I'm so glad you are gonna keep on keepin on! Can't wait for things to turn around. Will be waiting to hear.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote