Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
JUDDD Newbie Questions!

Hi JUDDD'ers!

I attempted JUDDD once before but bailed quickly as the down days were unbearable. I came over to JUDDD from Atkins, and the adjustment was to much to deal with. Now I'm on a more moderate carb plan and it seems like it's going to be the up days that I struggle with instead of the down days. I started JUDDD today with an up day and at 1500 cals, I feel like a stuffed pig! (According to the calorie calculator, my up days need to be closer to 1800 cals).

Ok, on to my questions. I suffer from sudden onset migraines that can be excruciating. One thing that often helps is eating. Thus, if a migraine hits on a down day, I may have to turn it into an up day, or at the very least, a middle day. I would expect the next day to be a down day. I know it's optimal to have every other day alternating up/down, so do you forsee any problems with making such adjustments for my migraines, possibly having two up days in a row at times, followed by a down day?

And how many of you stick to the calorie count the online calculator gives you? I won't have too much of a problem sticking to approximately 400 cals for my down days, but 1800 cals on my up days is pushing it right now. I know that they say to have a decent spread between up day and down day calories, so I'm just wondering what works for everyone else.

Thanks!!

And I'll probably have more Q's for you later as I start my first down day tomorrow.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Check out this thread:

Why do you need to eat MORE on UDs?

BRB
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
Hi JUDDD'ers!

I attempted JUDDD once before but bailed quickly as the down days were unbearable. I came over to JUDDD from Atkins, and the adjustment was to much to deal with. Now I'm on a more moderate carb plan and it seems like it's going to be the up days that I struggle with instead of the down days. I started JUDDD today with an up day and at 1500 cals, I feel like a stuffed pig! (According to the calorie calculator, my up days need to be closer to 1800 cals).

Ok, on to my questions. I suffer from sudden onset migraines that can be excruciating. One thing that often helps is eating. Thus, if a migraine hits on a down day, I may have to turn it into an up day, or at the very least, a middle day. I would expect the next day to be a down day. I know it's optimal to have every other day alternating up/down, so do you forsee any problems with making such adjustments for my migraines, possibly having two up days in a row at times, followed by a down day?

And how many of you stick to the calorie count the online calculator gives you? I won't have too much of a problem sticking to approximately 400 cals for my down days, but 1800 cals on my up days is pushing it right now. I know that they say to have a decent spread between up day and down day calories, so I'm just wondering what works for everyone else.

Thanks!!

And I'll probably have more Q's for you later as I start my first down day tomorrow.

IMHO you may eventually find that JUDD WOE will heal your migraines. I'm soooooo serious.

That said, you need to listen to your body and do what is right for you.

I find that it's not wise to do a DD following a MD. You just don't get enough nourishment to sustain the DD.

I'm thinking that if I were you and trying to prevent a migraine attack, I would try DD/MD/UD. If your DD turns to a MD, follow it with an UD and then try a DD once again.

It may take a while for this new WOE to heal your body and get the migraines out of the way so your body can regulate, re-calibrate and start to really lose and respond.

Be encouraged! Dr. J says in his book that the SIRT1 gene becomes activated immediately on your first day of calorie restriction. The special enzyme/protein fat blocker it produces builds up as you have the rotated days of calorie restriction.

It may build up a bit more slowly if you do 45% as opposed to 20-25% on DDs, but it will still be building. Be patient. And, don't do anything that makes you miserable. In that case, what's the point?

The whole point of JUDD is to have a pleasurable WOE that you can stick with for the long haul.

I'm so sorry you have to endure migraines. I sooooooooo hope JUDD will cure you of those.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laranda
Stats: 185lbs 5'1/147/GOAL-110
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: LC Since 09 JUDDD - 1/30/12
Your upper calorie amount may seem like a lot right now and it would be too much if you ate like that everyday, but you're only going to eat like that every other day and once you let yourself get good and hungry on down days, filling up those UD should become easier.

HTH
laranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
What Yam-Yam said, and back!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Hmmm. I started having migraines again last July when we moved our offices. I was thinking it was related to a moldy old school campus building we had to move into. So I have suffered along with many of them. I just realized that I don't recall having a migraine in at least over a month. Not sure now. So maybe JUDDD helped out in that area for me. Here's hoping it continues.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Hi,
Thanks for all of your replies! I hope this helps WOE helps with my migraines. That would be an added perk! I'm already on a restricted diet, and that helps, but it's not a cure as my migraines are caused by more than just poor diet choices.

I understand more now about the UD/DD cycle, so I'll be sure to keep that in mind if/when I get a migraine and have to adjust my days.

And I realize now why those UD calories are so high! It really does propel you through the next day. It's 10am and I still feel full from yesterday!

Thanks again! I'm glad this group is so welcoming and supportive!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote