Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
First day on JUDD

Hi all,
Obviously having a good first day on JUDD as I started on an up day like everyone told me to do. I started back doing HIIT today after taking three weeks off due to my bad back. Since I am only going to workout two times this week, I'm eating 1700 calories instead of the 1900 calories I'm allowed when I workout three days a week. I wanted to start a little slower the first week. I bought an electronic food scale that I love. It was so worth a little extra $ to measure everything so perfectly! So far I've only eaten a little over a thousand calories so I've got my work cut out for me before bedtime lol! I'm pretty scared about my first DD tomorrow but I'm prepared with hard boiled eggs and Greek yogurt etc. I'm really hoping its not a " hungry"day! I'm thinking about not weighing myself until after the two week induction phase is over. Any opinions about this are welcome. I have been stalled on Adkins for two months so I'm a little wary of the scale at this point. I'm afraid the JUDD magic might not work on me. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Congratulations! Wooo-Hooo! You're IN!!

I had the electronic food scale on my Christmas wish list and my DDIL got it for me. Wow! I love it so much! How did I ever live without it for so long???

On the weighing?? I'm too much of a curious George not to WI every day. It's become a fun game for me. On August 1st when I was at my highest weight ever in my life, I decided I would start writing in a journal every day. In my journal I recorded my daily weight.

Soon I decided I needed to see it on a chart so I bought a pad of graph paper. wow, I love looking at that thing and analyzing it for patterns.

when I started JUDD it bounced up and down more than it had when I was doing strictly LC. But, the line keeps going down down down. It's very cool.

Morning weigh ins don't really tell much always about the day before or even previous 2 days. But over a week's time and then 2 and then a month...it's just great to see the progress.

My advice is that if the big bounces that occur after UDs in the beginning are going to absolutely freak you out, then only WI once a week after a really great DD.

If you think of your scale as a mechanical tool like your food scale and not some kind of moral compass that will judge you about your choices and mis-steps, then weigh more often.

Great thing about JUDD? Like everything else -- it's up to you!!!

Sounds like you are well prepared for your DD. when the growling tummy sounds off, pop one of those HB eggs in there. That will quiet her down for sure.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-26-2012 at 10:41 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Yay - welcome to the Dark Side!

Tomorrow's DD shouldn't be too difficult - if you have your UD cals today!!! However, allow yourself some extra cals - that you can go to, if you need to. You don't need to start perfectly.

Today I'm having some difficulty eating my UD numbers - which is unusual - I think it's because I had 3 UD on Fri, Sat, Sun and ate a huge dinner last night on my DD - I just haven't really developed an appetite yet!

My body is surprising me on this WOE, and you'll probably find that yours does too!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
So happy to have another member in the JUDDD family. woo hooo.. Hope you like it as much as the rest of us do!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Welcome to DD. Stay busy (as the DDs accumulate, you are likely to have a lot of energy - might as well use it). Make sure you drink a lot of water/tea/whatever as hydration and weight/health are so very tightly tied together.

From DD one, you may sail through DD with no discomfort. That does happen to many people. But, if you do find yourself hungry or uncomfortable, try a mantra like, "One day's hunger is not an emergency." or "Tomorrow I eat." or "I'm building sirtuin squigglies that will take this hunger away in a few days."

The bouncing scale does not bother me. In fact, I find it very reinforcing. You need to look deep inside yourself to decide whether to wait to weigh or not. There is no right or wrong in this.

Have fun!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Congrats on your first day!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD

I'm afraid the JUDD magic might not work on me.

Don't be afraid. This is what I thought too and what others have feared. It does work and it will work for you. If you work it, it will work on you!!

DD's become a breeze after awhile. Remember that a lot of it in the beginning is head hunger, not real hunger. Soon, the appetite suppression kicks in and so does the magic.

Keep your mind occupied and all will be good.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all so much for your lovely words of encouragement. It's one pm and I'm not hungry yet, I think I'm still full from yesterday. I actually had to work at getting those calories in and I'm proud that I didnt do it with any empty calories. I really am going to stay LC. I must say though that I don't remember ever loving a bowl of cantaloupe as much as I did yesterday. It's funny how perception can make a bowl of fruit as wonderful as only a bowl of forbidden ice cream used to be. And the great thing is on Judd we can have ice cream without derailing our woe! I'm going to take your advice yam yam and keep a graph thanks for the idea. Everyone have a great day whether up or down!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Thank you all so much for your lovely words of encouragement. It's one pm and I'm not hungry yet, I think I'm still full from yesterday. I actually had to work at getting those calories in and I'm proud that I didnt do it with any empty calories. I really am going to stay LC. I must say though that I don't remember ever loving a bowl of cantaloupe as much as I did yesterday. It's funny how perception can make a bowl of fruit as wonderful as only a bowl of forbidden ice cream used to be. And the great thing is on Judd we can have ice cream without derailing our woe! I'm going to take your advice yam yam and keep a graph thanks for the idea. Everyone have a great day whether up or down!
And this ^^^^ is the key to a good DD!! EAT those UD calories, all of them if you can and it DOES make those DDs a bit easier!!

WTG for you today and keep up the great job you are doing on JUDDD!! OH.....!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hope it continued well Muffabuff. Sounds as if JUDDD and you are going to be a match made in heaven.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Great job! You are off to a wonderful start. Can't wait to watch you dwindle. LOL
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:

You are gonna have loads of fun with your graph!! I promise!!! Let's keep in touch!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Just wanted to drop in to wish you the very best of luck and great progress!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Muffabuff! Sounds like you're doing great! Hope you have a wonderful JUDDDday tomorrow too. KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I can already tell I'm going to LOVE being a juddd budd! Everyone is so supportive,I am so grateful to have found all of you! I had a really easy first DD. I'm sure they won't all be that way but it was nice to have my first one go by easily. I'm still amazed that today while still keeping it mostly LC, I can pretty much eat whatever I please. It's almost like with this woe I don't have to think as much about what I eat. On DD I eat almost nothing and on UD I can eat as I wish as long as I stay within my calories. It's so great to not feel like I won't have chocolate or ice cream until either it's my birthday or I break my diet. That just makes me want to eat a gallon of it since " it's the last time " I will ever eat it. Which we all know is so not true and just begins a vicious cycle of binge/ diet and so on. This woe allows for so much more freedom than any of the others I've tried before. Also, maybe I won't be so terrified when it's time to have my cholesterol checked lol. I'm also really excited about all the other benefits of this woe as I have asthma and arthritis so it's anti inflammatory benefits should be great for me. Hope everyone has a great day whether up or down!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
I can already tell I'm going to LOVE being a juddd budd! Everyone is so supportive,I am so grateful to have found all of you! I had a really easy first DD. I'm sure they won't all be that way but it was nice to have my first one go by easily. I'm still amazed that today while still keeping it mostly LC, I can pretty much eat whatever I please. It's almost like with this woe I don't have to think as much about what I eat. On DD I eat almost nothing and on UD I can eat as I wish as long as I stay within my calories. It's so great to not feel like I won't have chocolate or ice cream until either it's my birthday or I break my diet. That just makes me want to eat a gallon of it since " it's the last time " I will ever eat it. Which we all know is so not true and just begins a vicious cycle of binge/ diet and so on. This woe allows for so much more freedom than any of the others I've tried before. Also, maybe I won't be so terrified when it's time to have my cholesterol checked lol. I'm also really excited about all the other benefits of this woe as I have asthma and arthritis so it's anti inflammatory benefits should be great for me. Hope everyone has a great day whether up or down!
I'm so glad you like it! I feel the same way!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote