Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Made it through my FIRST DAY! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764663-made-through-my-first-day.html)

buttoni 03-26-2012 08:09 PM

Made it through my FIRST DAY!

Well I made it through my first official DD. Chalked up 488 calories. It's 9pm and I'm a little hungry, so I might fix a cup of chicken bouillon. But I didn't really feel hungry throughout the day like I thought I would. :)

arkie1 03-26-2012 08:14 PM

:welcome: Great that you had a good first DD. They will get easier as you go along, and as the enzyme kicks in. You will probably notice a real increase in energy, and a "feel good" feeling! So glad to have you join us on the "dark side"!

Carole

vanilla_latte 03-26-2012 08:16 PM

Yay!! I like to add a teaspoon of cream to bouillon cubes. Yummy!

sungoddess 03-26-2012 08:18 PM

Awesome! And wait until SIRTi kicks in!!You're going to love JUDDD!

BTW, i just made your pizza crust. YUMMERS!!

Eieio 03-26-2012 08:22 PM

Wow u did very well.
My dd days were 750-1000 embarrass here.
But Judd still worked for me. Smile.
u r tough.

KathyL 03-26-2012 08:40 PM

Sounds like you did well! Enjoy your UD tomorrow. :)

theredhead 03-26-2012 08:40 PM

OOH, Peggy! Welcome to the Dark Side, lol! I have to admit I've thought about trying to convert you when you said you were having so much trouble losing weight. I had a lot of trouble, too, but JUDDD seems be repairing my metabolism and I've never been happier with a WOE.

sophiethecat 03-26-2012 08:42 PM

Well done on your first DD, buttoni! :high5: Enjoy your UD :)

Beeb 03-26-2012 08:53 PM

WOW Peggy, :welcome: to the "dark side"! :high5: :shake: I'm was so surprised to see you here, but I'm really :jumpjoy: you are!

DDs get easier and easier, I promise and then they just as like every other normal day.....but we just eat a little less!

Congrats on that first and hardest DD under your belt now! :up::clap:

melisa82 03-26-2012 09:23 PM

Great job! Today was my 1st DD and I survived! I did way better then I thought I would. I only consumed 381 calories.

mykidsteacher 03-26-2012 09:27 PM

Congrats on your first DD put away. And welcome!

sophiethecat 03-26-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melisa82 (Post 15529828)
Great job! Today was my 1st DD and I survived! I did way better then I thought I would. I only consumed 381 calories.

:welcome: Melisa and congrats on your first DD too! Excellent. :high5:

laranda 03-26-2012 09:32 PM

:welcome: and Congrats!

Mariacj 03-26-2012 10:28 PM

Welcome!

Yam-Yam 03-26-2012 10:33 PM

Great job!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::high5:

Kissa 03-27-2012 02:31 AM

And as you have already seen, a little hunger "is not an emergency"!

Well done you, enjoy your UD.

sterlinggirl 03-27-2012 03:32 AM

:welcome: :congrats: on making it thru your first DD.. it does get easier...:heart:

PixieKGirl 03-27-2012 03:41 AM

Congrats! Yesterday was my first day also. Made it on less than 400 calories but I went to bed early.

Had visions of breakfast - poached egg/English muffin and now NO appetite. My 1st UD might be harder than the DD.

I also slept really good (maybe 'cause I was so cold).

gotsomeold 03-27-2012 03:59 AM

THREE successful first DDs on thread! :jumpjoy: This joint is jumping! :jumpjoy:
Congratulations all!

Brendajm 03-27-2012 04:15 AM

Oh Peggy. I do hope you continue with your great recipes. Imam wondering how any of you with exercising on your dd?

buttoni 03-27-2012 06:33 AM

OMG, thanks for all the welcomes and kind words everyone. I didn't wake up too hungry this morning either, though my stomach was growling first thing. :) It's stopped now and I still haven't eaten breakfast. But after my "failed" DD day before yesterday (went over on calories) and my successful 500 cal. DD yesterday, the scale is already reading me 161! Down 2#! I sure can't complain! We can DO this Pixie and Melissa! But I find I can pretty much do anything once I get in the right mind set.

Brenda, I'm not doing much exercise right now. Maybe after the first 2 weeks I'll get back into it. I'm gonna go fix my blueberry pancake recipe with strawberries ('cause I'm out of blueberries) and some bacon for breakfast. :)

InTheLight 03-27-2012 07:52 AM

Welcome and huge congratulations on everyone who got through their first DD, yipper!!! :jumpjoy: :welcome: :jumpjoy: :welcome: :jumpjoy: :welcome: :jumpjoy:

Brendajm, re your exercise question, I go to Curves, and the one I go to is a 24-hour facility. I try to go about 4 times a week; on UDs, I will go after work in the evening - re my DDs, if it falls during the week, it would have to be after work, so I don't go. If my DD is on the weekend, I will go in the morning before I start my day of eating low calorie - :kicking:

Beeb 03-27-2012 02:30 PM

Peggy, are you still doing LC with JUDDD? I may have missed you posting this and am wondering about all your wonderful LC recipes and how they are working with you doing JUDDD?

Thanks for the info on this! :high5::hugs:

buttoni 03-27-2012 02:38 PM

I'm going to try to stay as low carb as I can, Linda, because I really think low-carbing is a GOOD thing. But I'm following the calorie numbers for UD's and DD's and if I eat some carbs in there, there will be what I call natural carbs, like a little wild rice or potato occasionally. Those don't seem to trigger carb cravings for me, which is a lucky thing for me. I will still try to avoid bread except for low-carb breads I make.

I will use those recipes that can be fitted into my JUDDD calorie limits on UD's. Doubt I can use many of them on DD's. I'm copying/printing DD recipes here on the sticky thread like mad to get some DD ideas. But I'll still keep kitchen experimenting and posting low-carb recipes on my site, since that's where my heart is and that's what my husband is accustomed to eating. I'll just be eating much smaller portions of those dishes most likely. :)

Kissa 03-27-2012 02:56 PM

Congratulations on the successful DDs. You are finding how odd it is to wake up on an UD not hungry.

I exercise on both up and down days, DD mornings are my favourite, because I am well nourished after my UD.

So glad you are managing to combine LC and JUDDD successfully.

CharlotteChick 03-27-2012 07:42 PM

Yay! Another Charlottean! I started today. :-)

gotitnow 03-28-2012 02:32 AM

I want to welcome all the newbies. Can't seem to keep up these days! For those who call this coming over to the "dark side", I want to say that if it IS the dark side, it has caused me to finally see the "light at the end of the tunnel"!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: and....just for a note of encouragement to newbies, I have been on JUDDD on and off over the past year (only off due to family crisis, by choice during holidays, and for a few mini vacations) and have lost close to 30lbs. and almost to goal because I just want a little "wiggle" room. I can't wait to join the other happy maintainers!! You all can do this too. :up:

Phyl:heart:

buttoni 03-28-2012 06:13 AM

Thanks ladies. I'm down to 160 today! I can't believe this! I'm so glad I decided to give JUDDD a try. :) Off to go change my stats!

theredhead 03-28-2012 06:51 AM

Yay for your good start, Peggy!

NoWeigh 03-28-2012 07:56 AM

Congratulations to you and the other first day successes posting here!