Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Oh, over the course of the last month, not all in one day!
Ah darn. LOL. I thought you'd worked it all into your UD. Glad you've enjoyed your easter treats!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwagnon View Post
cadbury hard shell eggs reeses eggs too bad i'm still sugar free
The reeses eggs come in SF, they are just hard to find! I will ask next time I see my mom if she will ask a few of her residents where they find them!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

One more bump on the Easter candy thread! Because I just got some on mark-down at Walmart, hehe.

Probably best to stop reading right now if you're on a DD.

OK... they had ONE box of the chocolate Creme Eggs left (I used to not care about creme eggs one way or the other until all the talk about them on here got me hankering for one --thanks, DD! and come to find out the chocolate is my favorite). So I got one 5-pack of chocolate creme eggs.

When they're gone, I'll not be wanting more til next year, cause milk chocolatey stuff just isn't my usual kind of treat, but anyway....

Then I see the new jelly bean flavors that I'd wanted to try but have avoided since what I call actual CANDY like that (as opposed to chocolate, for example) is a bad road for me. But they were marked down and I was curious about these flavors. So I got one bag each of Starburst Original Jelly Beans and SweetTarts Jelly Beans.

I haven't tried them yet, maybe will try them later today or tomorrow. I have no issue with candy/sweets if I leave them alone - no real temptation to eat them. It's just that these sorts of little bombs of sugar/flavor are hard to stop once I start, (like the Hot Tamales chompfests - you don't even wanna know, just know that I don't even buy these anymore )... so it's best to stay away.

So you're probably rolling your eyes and wondering why I even got the jelly beans. I am too in a way, lol. But I know my limits now. I will be OK. And I haven't really had much actual candy since around Halloween and the little at Christmas-time.

So I'm going to do like I did when I was working Halloween candy into my UDs back in Weight Loss Mode and ... drumroll.... when I'm ready to eat it, I'll portion it out, then put the rest away or give the rest of it away.

It's a once-in-a-while treat for me, and I can have it again if I want, though knowing me I'll be sick of it after a few minutes and be done with candy for months again.

OK, anyone else still on the Easter candy?
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-09-2012 at 02:04 PM..
Old 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heatherwagnon
Stats: 156.6/124.2/125
WOE: HCG rx/JUDDD/LC
Start Date: R1 10/10 R2 1/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
The reeses eggs come in SF, they are just hard to find! I will ask next time I see my mom if she will ask a few of her residents where they find them!
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME if I could find them!!
heatherwagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
Kroger had the cadbury creme eggs for 33 cents and i bought several for the kids baskets. I forgot that they don't like them
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I just came home with 2 boxes of the choc. cream Cadbury eggs. One for the dc and one for me. LOL There wasn't a lot left. I got 3 giant solid choc. bunnies (always the best buy per ounce). With my crew we pull one out as a treat on a movie night, chop it up and dip in PB. Yum. One big bunny will last through two or three movie nights. Also got a 'cookies & cream' bunny and a choc. covered caramel bunny....never had one of those. A couple boxes of marshmallow eggs for the dc and some mini snickers & musketeers that we'll save for theater matinees. They didn't have any peeps or regular jelly beans left. :/
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Well, I can't have most of it still due to my allergies, but I did have 2 jelly beans when the kids did their egg hunt Saturday. At least I find I don't really want it.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh!!

I tried the Starburst Jelly Beans first. I tried each color, waiting to like them the way I do the starburst candy, but no go!! It didn't seem like eating a starburst jelly bean.. the flavors were muddled and blah.

Then I tried the Smarties Jelly Beans. Wow, talk about sour enough to twist your lips. But it wasn't even in that good sour sort of way. Just not good.

Really, what gives? I thought I was taking a huge risk by having these flavorful sugar bombs, but flavor - ah no. And not worth the sugar taste. This is all my opinion though, no offense if anyone loves them.

I can't complain. It saved me a lot of trouble no doubt, that I didn't enjoy these jelly beans.