Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Jack Kruse diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764642-jack-kruse-diet.html)

Mommywithplenty 03-26-2012 05:08 PM

Jack Kruse diet

I really don't get enough protein and tend to fill up on carbs. I was wondering if anyone has combined the two diets?

thomasina838 03-26-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommywithplenty (Post 15529137)
I really don't get enough protein and tend to fill up on carbs. I was wondering if anyone has combined the two diets?

yes i do both. filling up with carbs is not helping you no matter how you eat. i have posted about it several times.

Mommywithplenty 03-26-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasina838 (Post 15529175)
yes i do both. filling up with carbs is not helping you no matter how you eat. i have posted about it several times.

Sorry, In nursing school so I very little net time to read posts right now....4 weeks until exam time, yay!

SoHappy 03-26-2012 05:36 PM

I haven't heard of that particular plan, but we have folks here eating on many different plans, just doing them according to the JUDDD alternating calories way of eating.

Regardless of the plan you choose, you really should pay attention to getting enough protein in your diet. While we don't need a great deal, and often far less than many Americans actually do eat, you certainly *need what you need*.

Enjoy the foods you make your diet from, but focus on nutrient dense foods for the most part. And then you can know that the little slice of Caramel Pecan Silk Supreme pie you might treat yourself to is going to be handled just fine by your healthy body. :)

sophiethecat 03-26-2012 09:12 PM

Hi MwP, I've done the big protein b'fast at times, since I read about it on Dr. Kruse's site. I wouldn't go as high on the protein as he rec'd because I have a hard time eating b'fast as it is and felt I should work up to it, and also since I'm no longer overweight I didn't think I really had leptin issues - but I wanted to see if the big protein b'fast would help me sleep better at night and keep me full a long time.

I don't know if it helped with the sleep, but it definitely helped keep me full and running steady for hours. I think I got in around 35 g. protein each morning by having a protein shake with whole milk. Or I would sprinkle the protein powder in a cup of whole milk plain yogurt and have berries in it too.

I just couldn't stick with the b'fast eating, though I believe anyone could get used to it if they kept it up.

But at least it taught me that eating b'fast wouldn't set off the hunger all day long as long as the b'fast had lots of protein. In fact, I think it helped me control hunger more on my DDs - like I said, it produced a full, steady satiety for hours afterward.

thomasina838 03-27-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15529194)
I haven't heard of that particular plan, but we have folks here eating on many different plans, just doing them according to the JUDDD alternating calories way of eating.

Regardless of the plan you choose, you really should pay attention to getting enough protein in your diet. While we don't need a great deal, and often far less than many Americans actually do eat, you certainly *need what you need*.

Enjoy the foods you make your diet from, but focus on nutrient dense foods for the most part. And then you can know that the little slice of Caramel Pecan Silk Supreme pie you might treat yourself to is going to be handled just fine by your healthy body. :)

there is no jack kruse diet. so no way to respond to it. she must mean doing the leptin reset prescription by Dr. Kruse. that is paleo eating and call for a huge protein breakfast within 30 mins of arising. 50 - 75 g protein. i do both.

piratejenny 03-27-2012 11:35 AM

I took a break from JUDDD for a couple months and did the Kruse Leptin Rx. It helped a lot with my insomnia. Now I'm back to JUDDD and still "do" it on UDs.

On DDs I find it more challenging to go 5 hours between meals, to get enough protein without higher calories, and to feel full enough at night to get to sleep easily.

For now I'm eating higher calories (35-45%)
AND lifting weights on DDs.
Also, I'm okay with only 30-40g of protein for breakfast on those days.

Today for breakfast I had a salad with 1/2 cup cottage cheese & an entire small can of tuna (over 40 gr protein, 300 calories). And, actually, I'm still full after 5 hours! :)

Liver pills are a great way to get in extra protein & lots of nutrients for few calories.

sunday 03-27-2012 12:47 PM

Liver pills??? :confused: What are these???

piratejenny 03-27-2012 01:19 PM

Liver pills: Universal Uni-Liver

sunday 03-27-2012 01:28 PM

Thanks Jenny! I am buying this for DD!!!

b_lou_who 03-27-2012 01:33 PM

good use for the liver tablets, we have two giant jugs of uni-liver in the pantry. hubby and sons lift heavy.