Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Hubby has been juddding for a month now (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764611-hubby-has-been-juddding-month-now.html)

b_lou_who 03-26-2012 10:09 AM

Hubby has been juddding for a month now

He started after my 2 week induction period. Not like he has a ton to lose, but no one likes the middle age spare tyre effect.

He hasn't been very strict, has missed some down days or had medium days, but overall is with me without any complaints or real effort. Glass of wine or vodka and soda almost every night (not me).

Of course he hasn't bothered weighing for a month, but noticed his waistband was better. He got on the scale this morning and is down 10 pounds exactly. I think he was actually speechless.

DD80 03-26-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 15527853)
He started after my 2 week induction period. Not like he has a ton to lose, but no one likes the middle age spare tyre effect.

He hasn't been very strict, has missed some down days or had medium days, but overall is with me without any complaints or real effort. Glass of wine or vodka and soda almost every night (not me).

Of course he hasn't bothered weighing for a month, but noticed his waistband was better. He got on the scale this morning and is down 10 pounds exactly. I think he was actually speechless.

Can I just say I hate men? :hyst: :annoyed: My darling husband has been trying to GAIN weight for as long as I've known him. Yes...gain. :confused:

That being said...:laugh:....I am WOWed by your hubby's progress! It truly is amazing! Tell him to keep up the good work and that all of us women here are jealous! :)

sophiethecat 03-26-2012 10:14 AM

:jumpjoy: Whoo hoo! WTG hubby & wife team JUDDD! :high5:

InTheLight 03-26-2012 10:15 AM

Wow, amazing!!!! Tell him I said congrats!!!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

KeirasMom 03-26-2012 10:59 AM

Awesome!

Kissa 03-26-2012 11:06 AM

Blokes do have an unfair advantage!

I am married to another skinny one. :mad:

b_lou_who 03-26-2012 11:14 AM

It is funny, because his loss doesn't encourage me at all LOL
It does reinforce to me that intermittent fasting is beneficial for everyone, but
Men losing just doesn't have the same impact on me as women :hyst:

Thought it would be nice to share though, in case it helps someone else get through or make a choice. He would never post for himself.

sungoddess 03-26-2012 11:24 AM

I am so impressed!!! I get pretty envious with how men can lose weight, but I am very happy for him!

SoHappy 03-26-2012 11:35 AM

Good for your DH. I'm really glad that weight loss is mostly pretty effortless for him. And now that he knows that we works, he will be inclined to keep it up, I expect.

Glad you're doing well too. For some of us it's a rapid weight loss, and for others of us it's much slower, but if we hang in there long enough, it usually happens. And, strangely enough, if it took awhile to *get going* for us, it often picks up speed after awhile.

fixin 03-26-2012 12:17 PM

Woot for all the guys starting to Judd or do what I have now nicknamed "trick fasting."

My husband is in his second week and has not had to go hungry. My dad and brother are about to start.

OP, it really seems as if most men can lose without us making them go too drastic in cal reductions. I have my husband around 1000 on dd's and I can tell it is working. It'll be easier if you make larger quantities of meals and save some for him so they're ready to eat eg the chicken, laughing cow and cabbage.

mykidsteacher 03-26-2012 12:44 PM

So not fair. But wonderful for him!

laceylady 03-27-2012 07:51 AM

DH has lost 20, but his big 'brag' is how many belt notches he's bumped down!! "Oh, I need a new belt -- I only have one hole left!" Good for him, tho. I'm just pleased he's doing his own modified version of JUDDD with me.

fixin 03-27-2012 09:12 AM

B Lu who, I did not mean my last paragraph for you in my earlier reply to your thread. It was actually for another thread where the OP was having trouble figuring what to feed her husband on down days i somehow put it in here by midtake. Sorry, I can't edit my post now for some reason.

Awesome news on your husband, mine is shedding quickly also.