Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Did anyone start JUDD with a “broken” metabolism?

How’s it going now with JUDD as your woe?

I am thinking of starting JUDD however I am concerned that for me it could turn into a fast 10-pound gain. Does that ever happen? It seems like no matter how far down I have driven my calories, my metabolism adjusts and I quit losing weight. I have a lot to lose.

According to Dr. J’s calculator my rotation would be 2600/520. That is 3,170 over 2 days. Can that work?

Currently, and for the past three months, I am averaging those same numbers -- typically eating 1550/day, however the losses have trickled from some the first month, to a little, to barely any over the past month.

I have become PARANOID about everything I eat. I run all sorts of mental dialogues: “maybe I have a food allergy, maybe I should eliminate all dairy…all wheat…all meat, all carbs” or “should I cut my calories in half” “should I be stuffing some sort of supplements” “maybe I don’t eat enough”… The questions are constantly looming and there’s never an answer.

Could JUDD be right for me?
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
There are JUDDD folks here who will be able to respond and give you really good and accurate advice, and I know they will be here shortly to help you out. I just wanted to share that I love JUDDD and can easily see eating this way for the rest of my life - you couldn't find a better group of friends than right here who care for you, and want to help you succeed on your journey - I also wanted to share some hugs with you and welcome you here to our site!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
... I also wanted to share some hugs with you and welcome you here to our site!!
Thank you, I needed those!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Welcome! Noweigh!

I believe JUDDD is definitely your answer!

Have faith because Pat or Beeb will here soon and will give you great advice to build up your confidence!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post

I am thinking of starting JUDD however I am concerned that for me it could turn into a fast 10-pound gain. Does that ever happen? It seems like no matter how far down I have driven my calories, my metabolism adjusts and I quit losing weight. I have a lot to lose.

According to Dr. J’s calculator my rotation would be 2600/520. That is 3,170 over 2 days. Can that work?

Currently, and for the past three months, I am averaging those same numbers -- typically eating 1550/day, however the losses have trickled from some the first month, to a little, to barely any over the past month.

I have become PARANOID about everything I eat. I run all sorts of mental dialogues: “maybe I have a food allergy, maybe I should eliminate all dairy…all wheat…all meat, all carbs” or “should I cut my calories in half” “should I be stuffing some sort of supplements” “maybe I don’t eat enough”… The questions are constantly looming and there’s never an answer.

I think it could be, for sure! Try it for a month. I guarantee that you won't gain 10 lbs. Yes, the scale bounces up, but it will also bounce down, just keep going and don't get discouraged. Lots of people have done this diet with broken metabolisms and have had great results - me being one of them. I have thyroid issues and am on medication for it. I didn't think I could lose weight and have chocolate, or wine, or rum cake for breakfast! But, I've done it.

to JUDDD! I think you'll love it!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Yes i too belive this will be your WOE. for many years for me, no matter if i ate alittle.. or none my metoblism never seamed to ever be kicked into weight loss.. i know now that in part it was due to too many days or week in a row do this to my body it saw it as starvation!!.. NEver knew... till i came here and began to understand what my body needs.. Then there were times i would do the whole low carb thing and suffered threw it to only have nothing change really on the scale or even in my body as in inches,, so IMO this is my own miracle! iIT WORKS ,, its givn me loss of inches and pounds where i never thought was possible (at my age) LOL
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
H NW and !!

One of the benefits of this WOE is that it will speed up your metabolism. I'm going to try to find one of the many threads that give some great science behind why this happens and I'll post it here.

Make sure you take time to surf around the JUDD forum threads and read as much as you can because you will learn a lot.

I do not think you will have a 10 pound gain. I've never heard of that happening to anyone. Lowering your calorie intake on a daily basis can certainly slow down your metabolism.

The difference w/ JUDD is that on the DDs as you severely restrict calories, your body will activate SIRT or sirtuin genes. Those genes that are in you are currently inactive. However they play an important role in weight loss and many health issues.

What happens is once stimulated through calorie restriction they begin to produce a unique enzyme/protein that circulates through your body. After 2 or more weeks of doing the DD/UD rotations it will build up to the point where it actually starts to melt your stored fat. And the best thing is that it trains your body to stop storing any extra calories you eat as fat, instead using calories for energy and then flushing the unused ones out through the kidneys.

Intermittent fasting is the only WOE known through research and scientific studies to produce this fat burning/blocking action.

When you eat up to and over your required calories on the UD after a low cal or no cal DD, your body receives a signal to increase metabolic function and becomes more efficient at getting all the nutrients it needs from food.

In his book, Dr. J has an illustration I really like of a pitcher on a table, tipped over and pouring the SIRT1 enzymes into a bucket on DDs. Every consecutive DD adds to the contents of the bucket until it reaches a point where the magic of fat burning and weight loss occurs.

Dr. J says that the gene starts to activate with the very first meal you skip and the very first day you restrict calories on a DD. Then it continues to build up. That's why he recommends that you stick with your UD/DD numbers and rotations for at least two weeks.

For some, they see and feel results in the first week. Some have lost 5 pounds the first week and felt a great surge of energy. Others may take 3 weeks for their bodies to heal to the point where weight loss can occur.

And, don't worry, most of us messed up big time when we first started. But if you hang in there and come here with your questions and concerns you will be greatly rewarded.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
me. very very very broken. hypothyroid. carb insensitive. Gained weight if I even looked at a carb. JUDDD lets me eat carbs and lose weight, which blows my mind as an insulin resistant hypothyroid. Give it time to work.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Yes - and it is still mending!

It's too late for me to type more (I'm in Australia! and it's 1.10am!!)

If what you're doing isn't working - try something different!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Check out this link and be sure to read some of Pat's comments.

Why do you need to eat MORE on UDs?
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post

I think JUDDD may well have the answer to several of your uncertainties here. So there is reason for great hope. Yay!

First of all, can you give your stats here.. just so that we know absolutely that you are starting off with the correct calorie numbers. Obviously when your calorie ceilings are set correctly, that's a big part of the battle. So if you would, sex (can't tell from your avatar ID name), height, current weight, age. Then we can check the numbers.

Then, what carb level and diet have you been eating up until now? Have you been doing low carb? The reason I ask is that..... when folks have been eating low carb, and then they start following the JUDDD plan, if they don't continue eating low carb still, they very well may gain back the water weight that eating carbs will make happen. It's not a reason to panic, and yet many do exactly that. LOL But it's not body FAT, and it doesn't stop us losing body fat and becoming slim and trim.

JUDDD works for almost all who do it, and many of the most successful weren't successful right at the beginning, but worked with others here to make sure everything was set correctly, and then had the patience to allow JUDDD to *build up* in them and get going.

And do remember that JUDDD isn't really known as a fast weight loss plan, although many lose at a remarkable rate, especially considering that half of their days they aren't eating at diet levels at all!

I hope you'll join us here. Frankly, if what you are doing isn't working, you don't have a lot to lose by trying this plan. And I'll bet you will become another one of us who LOVE it. And lose weight on it!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I was going to say the same. Can you post your stats? Some people don't change the calculator to "pounds" and get a different calculation.

I have been told I have a broken metabolism by my nutritionist. Years of yo-yo dieting, severe low fat, severe low calorie. If I lost anything, I couldn't maintain the loss. Eventually, I couldn't get the scale to budge. Then came JUDDD... Two months and 20 pounds gone. I don't expect to keep losing at that rate, but it shows my metabolism, she 'aint broken.

Give it your best for a least a month. I think you will be sooooooo happy!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I don't know if my metabolism was broken when I came to JUDDD. I was losing, but slower than I ever used to on Atkins. Since I've been JUDDDing, my results have been wonderful, and I found out I'm hypothyroid too. One of the many significant health benefits to this WOE is that so many see increased metabolism. I agree with the others: If what you're currently doing isn't working, it certainly can't hurt to try this, and will most likely help.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #14
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
My thoughts are a little more generic. If what you're doing now isn't working, what do you have to lose by trying something different?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
to JUDDD! I was very hesitant to do JUDDD. I had been doing (and did lose) on lowcarb, but since last June, I had been steadily gaining (I quit smoking and gained 20 #'s very fast!). I finally said "enough", and jumped into JUDDD with both feet! Since Feb 9, I've lost 14 pounds, and I know this sounds silly, but, at age 69, I FEEL LIKE A TEENAGER! I have so much energy now, and want to keep moving all the time. Not nervous energy, but "good feeling" energy!

Just give this WOE a two week trial, and I think you will be a happy convert!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
My thoughts are a little more generic. If what you're doing now isn't working, what do you have to lose by trying something different?
Well, I think the fear is that any change in diet can cause weight gain or trigger old/out-of-control eating habits. And if JUDDD "doesn't work", how do you go from the awesomeness of Up Days back to whatever you were doing before?

*However*...I too think JUDDD could be the answer for you!
If you're already eating approx 3000 cal/2 days, you're going to be doing the same thing on JUDDD, so technically it shouldn't cause weight gain...but calorie cycling/intermittent fasting can be *magic* for weight loss & health benefits!!!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I'm about as broken as they come.
And juddd is working for me painlessly. Granted I lose slowly, but this doesn't affect the body like constant low calorie levels by moving into starvation and more metabolic resistance. IF really does do miraculous things for your metabolism at a gene and enzyme level.
I'm down almost 10 pounds at almost the two month point.
More importantly my belly fat is disappearing, which is such a sure sign of that metabolic healing. Nothing else touched it and I could maybe starve/lc myself into losing a little only to rebound all of it and more almost overnight. I gained 8 pounds doing the six week body makeover to the letter.

JUDDD has been so freeing and I feel so great.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Please try JUDDD. Any small early gain will undoubtedly be water weight and will very quickly go. Not everyone sees a gain either.

It is wonderful seeing people like yourself take the plunge. Almost always we can enjoy their success with them and it is uplifting to all of the JUDDDers here.

Post often and ask lots of questions. This is the most helpful, friendly group imaginable.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Weight loss books sell better than 'healing', but if you read the studies it will be obvious that it is meant to heal.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I was stalled on paleo prior to juddd. I only had a few pounds left to lose, but they wouldn't budge. I was eating around 1000-1100 cals per day, so *should* have been losing still. But my metabolism had adjusted to that level and I was only maintaining.

JUDDD got me to goal, and beyond, but it didn't happen very quickly for me as it has for others. I lost 1 pound the first week, then nothing for 3, then another pound, where I finally decided to just maintain. But since then, I've lost 3 more (been doing JUDDD since Jan 13), so 5 pounds in 2+ mos. I still eat paleo, simply because I don't feel grain/sugars are good for me.

2 of those pounds were lost after I was diagnosed with dairy and egg allergies. So it may have been removing those foods from my diet vs JUDDD.

Really exciting for me was, last week I went on vacation, and did not count a single calorie, nor really pay much attention to what I ate (other than my allergy issues). I was probably 75% paleo. Not only did I NOT gain weight, I LOST 1 pound!!!!! Which shows me that my metabolism has def heated up and was able to process the extra food as energy, rather than storing it away. Thank you sirt-1 enzymes!

Today, I'm enjoying my first DD in a week, fasted through breakfast and about to enjoy a salad for lunch.

I think a trial of 2-4 weeks would be great. Post your stats so the pros can help you dial in your numbers, and then just try it. If you are lc and want to stay that way, no problem. You can add carbs back slowly after the first 2 weeks and avoid the water bounce Pat talked about. Or you can do like Dawn did--take a couple days and carb up, use whatever weight results as your start weight, and jump in from there eating whatever.

If carbs are a trigger for binging for you though, best to continue a lc woe until you get some help from sirt-1 in hunger suppression and appetite control before adding any back in.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Thank You ALL, I'm amazed with the support!

Thank you all for the welcomes, the advice, and your insight. It is so very encouraging to hear that others with messed up metabolisms have/are doing well on this woe! (:

I didn't mean to post this morning and then leave for the day, I'm actually sick with a cold today and spent most of the day in the easy chair blowing my nose. I had no idea there would be so many jumping with words of encouragement and help, thank you again!

DD80, I also am on thyroid medication. I actually think I messed up my thyroid several years back. When low carb quit working, I drove my calories down to 750-1,000 for nearly a year. I lost most of my hair but not much weight. I eventually just gave up. I am on levoxyl now and according to my doctor my thyroid levels are “perfect” since a recent medication adjustment.

Yam-Yam, I have been reading some of the threads, which are amazing. Thank you so much for letting me know that for some it can take nearly a month. I am concerned with starting out and trying to plan for DD. I have to eat something with my levoxyl in the morning. I guess some experimentation is in order. I’ll check out the link shortly.

ouizoid, Thank you so much for dropping in with comments. It feels like being lifted out of the abyss hearing from people who have recovered from “broken” metabolisms! I honestly didn’t know it was possible.

MintQ8, I would love to visit your country…heck, I’d be thrilled to fit comfortably in an airline seat!

SoHappy, My stats are devastating. I used Dr. J’s calculator, on his website, plugged in accurate numbers, calculated at “little/no exercise” and got apx. 2600/520. Female, 58, 65”, 343.

As far as what I have been eating, I would say my diet is sort of “lowered” carb. I try to eat very few processed foods, and rarely any sugar. I weigh and track. Left to eating pretty much what I want, I typically eat 100 carbs/1550 calories every day. There were four days in the past 3 months where my calories were up to 1800-2100.

According to online calculators, it should require over 2,500 calories to maintain my current weight, 2050 to lose weight, and 1540 for “extreme fat loss” – ALL calculated at “little/no exercise”. Yet, at 1550 I seem to be getting nowhere.

That’s why I worry, because Dr. J’s numbers for my UD/DD average the same 3,100 of calories (2 days) that I’m already eating in two days. The only difference IS the cycling.

sungoddess, OMG, another “broken” metabolism working with JUDD. You can’t imagine how excited I feel!!!! You are doing GREAT!

arkie1, I am so excited to hear your story too! I would really enjoy a little more youthful feeling myself! (: Right now I just feel drug down, I can’t wait to join you and the other success stories here!

piratejenny, You’re right, the same calories shouldn’t cause a gain. What it is with me though, is that I don’t trust my body at all. For that reason I feel my metabolism will take all those UD calories and put them right into storage!

b_lou_who, Wow, another metabolism recovery story! This is incredible. I somehow had assumed that you folks here were simply easy losers! LOL

Kissa, Thank you, and YOUR stats are amazing!

jem51, Sigh…I can’t even imagine life under 200. You look great!

mykidsteacher, Congratulations on reaching goal and beyond! Your situation reminded me of something I was recently reading about how eating foods that we are somewhat allergic to plays havoc with the stomach lining, which somehow then allows food to enter the bloodstream faster than it would normally which causes weight gain. Some specialists recommend taking Probiotics for a week after eliminating the offending foods to re-establish the good bacteria which will heal the digestive tract and keep it from absorbing too quickly.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I don't think you have anything to lose (except the weight) by giving it a try. Even though the average calories might be the same, there is something about the cycling that makes the 'magic' kick in and work.

Yes to the probiotics. I do take them, as does my youngest dd who also has several food allergies. It also helps recover faster when you get something hidden you shouldn't have.

I'm also wondering if some of the healing I've been seeing with regard to my blood sugar levels might be related to cleaning out the allergens as well.

I'm one who typically needs breakfast too. I do better with protein on my dd's, and very little carbs. Others find fat works better. Some need lots of bulky veggies. You just have to play around with it and see what works for you. I also found, for me, adding sugar/grain carbs to my UD's made cravings and hunger shoot up on the DD's.

And if those first couple of dd's need to be a bit higher cal to ease you into it, so be it. Some start at 1000 and work down. Usually after just a couple of dd/ud cycles, you start getting some hunger suppression and going lower on the dd is easier.

Make a plan, and jump in. We're here to help you and cheer for all your successes, and reassure it it's "just water" when the scale bounces up.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I don't think you have anything to lose (except the weight) by giving it a try. Even though the average calories might be the same, there is something about the cycling that makes the 'magic' kick in and work.

Yes to the probiotics. I do take them, as does my youngest dd who also has several food allergies. It also helps recover faster when you get something hidden you shouldn't have.

I'm also wondering if some of the healing I've been seeing with regard to my blood sugar levels might be related to cleaning out the allergens as well.

I'm one who typically needs breakfast too. I do better with protein on my dd's, and very little carbs. Others find fat works better. Some need lots of bulky veggies. You just have to play around with it and see what works for you. I also found, for me, adding sugar/grain carbs to my UD's made cravings and hunger shoot up on the DD's.

And if those first couple of dd's need to be a bit higher cal to ease you into it, so be it. Some start at 1000 and work down. Usually after just a couple of dd/ud cycles, you start getting some hunger suppression and going lower on the dd is easier.

Make a plan, and jump in. We're here to help you and cheer for all your successes, and reassure it it's "just water" when the scale bounces up.
She's right on all accounts, but I loved the last sentence!

We are here for you. This is a fantastic community! There is no hurt in trying something new...see what works for you! If you need to adjust your numbers, we will cross that bridge when we come to it! to JUDDD! I think you'll love it.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Did anyone start JUDD with a “broken” metabolism?

Raises hand.

After menopause I managed to maintain my weight but - wow - gradually I looked like I was 11 months pregnant. LC took off seven pounds and - wow again - 20 inches in two weeks. Followed by a 2.5 month stall. I am just finishing three months of JUDDD. 18 pounds gone and my tummy is almost fat.

I no longer get blood sugar spikes/drops when I eat refined carbs and sweets.

JUDDD really is not just the calories. Those sirtuin enzymes Yam-Yam mentioned are amazing...and responsible for the healing and a lot of the fat loss.

Read posts, plan menus, if you need breakfast then you eat breakfast. DDs can take some getting used to, but many of us come to prefer them. Ultimately JUDDD is not for everyone, but as you can see by the responses, JUDDD is for a lot of people. Jump in the pool! The water really is fine.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/196/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
me. very very very broken. hypothyroid. carb insensitive. Gained weight if I even looked at a carb. JUDDD lets me eat carbs and lose weight, which blows my mind as an insulin resistant hypothyroid. Give it time to work.
I just want to click "like" on this post!!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #26
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
to a soon to be Newbie, I can feel it in my bones!!

And yes, I was broken, sad, frustrated and gaining weight but JUDDD saved me and is now my WOE FOR LIFE!!

It is one of the easiest WOE I have ever done (see thread here: My Journey Through WW, South Beach, LC, VLC, and JUDDD (long story)) and one that got me to goal and 11 pounds beyond in almost the blink of an eye!

Come try it out, what do you have to lose besides weight?!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12

I kind of freaked out about the calories too when I started. I was once a LC success, losing 200 pounds in 1.5 years, but sedentary job and a bad relationship bringing excuses caused me to regain and this time on LC, I was NOT LOSING!

On JUDDD, although after this weekend, I realized I need to still avoid sugar and starch (addiction issues) I can work this WOE and it does work! Give it two weeks and see what happens. You have nothing to lose but inches and pounds.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
NoWeigh..... You are gonna love it here and the support is unmatched!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi NW,

About JUDDD & my metabolism:

I was losing so slow on LC, and at the end it was taking me about 1 month to lose 1 pound. I came to JUDDD not expecting (but yet hoping) to lose the last 5#, but had always heard how hard those last 5# were to shed. So I wasn't expecting too much too soon, but again, hoping.... hoping....

So imagine my surprise and delight when the weight FLEW off me! I dropped those 5# so fast, I couldn't believe it. And I've continued to slowly lose in maintenance without trying.

JUDDD let me see the old metabolism I used to have. I was worried when I was on LC that my metabolism was busted. The insulin resistance had got me but good this time, I thought. But NOT so... because JUDDD waved its magic wand over that issue for me

And though I struggled at first with DDs, I kept at it, and before I knew it I was maintaining and doing FREE DAYS, and have never had to go back to counting calories again! Other than the "few" we get on DDs which are so easy to count anyway, lol. Through JUDDD, I now (in maintenance) eat hundreds and hundreds of calories more than the calculators say I should be able to and yet maintain this weight.

So yes, I feel my metabolism has healed through JUDDD.

I really hope you'll join us!! Big for you.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-26-2012 at 11:17 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
my friend who had her thyroid removed and takes 3 meds for it..gag... started doing what I do for breakfast to take my supplements. I cannot take anything on an empty stomach and this lasts me til a late lunch or dinner on down days. good on up and down days tho
1 T organic chia seeds gelled overnight in 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. with or without 3 drops stevia.
She has dropped a few pounds in a month just with this small change in her eating, and has better energy.
I mix up a few pint jars half full with this mixture on Sunday nights to make it through my next three work days with a grab and go breakfast.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote