Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The "artist" formerly known as atkinsgoddess.. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764586-artist-formerly-known-atkinsgoddess.html)

Scotty 03-26-2012 05:21 AM

The "artist" formerly known as atkinsgoddess..

...is now Scotty, an actual nickname of mine that I don't get to use that often on forums or as a username, probably because of the "trekkies" wanting it, even though I come by it legitimately.

Although I still keep pretty low carb-averaging under 100, I don't think I will be doing Atkins again, so here I am a JUDDD BUDDD!

BTW. another .9 loss after a good DD!!!

Thanks for all your kind help and support, and hope to do the same once I figure this thing out!!

sterlinggirl 03-26-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 15527073)
...is now Scotty, an actual nickname of mine that I don't get to use that often on forums or as a username, probably because of the "trekkies" wanting it, even though I come by it legitimately.

Although I still keep pretty low carb-averaging under 100, I don't think I will be doing Atkins again, so here I am a JUDDD BUDDD!

Thanks for all your kind help and support, and hope to do the same once I figure this thing out!!

Yeah!! for Scotty! :congrats: on another loss! whooo hooo..:heart:

Momto2boysNJ 03-26-2012 05:29 AM

LOL I was just kidding the other day when I said you'd have to change your name! LOL

gotsomeold 03-26-2012 05:55 AM

Oh I love the nickname 'Scotty'!

Bravo on the weight loss!

KeirasMom 03-26-2012 06:00 AM

:birthday:
Or re-christening?

sazzie 03-26-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 15527073)

Welcome again, Scotty!

Glad you were able to use your new nickname without any trekkies vying for it.

sunday 03-26-2012 06:13 AM

:high5: Great loss Scotty!

Scotty 03-26-2012 07:03 AM

Mom to 2 It was time...thanks for the idea.

sophiethecat 03-26-2012 08:10 AM

:welcome: to your new username, Scotty. :) I got used to calling you AG, hehe. Scotty it is! :shake:

sungoddess 03-26-2012 08:55 AM

HI Scotty, :hiya:and congrats...

Now I wonder if the name JUDDDY is taken...:confused:

Yam-Yam 03-26-2012 09:22 AM

Yeah for your new name and your new downward trend! And for declaring yourself an official JUDD BUDD! We already knew ye were, whatever the name, we have claimed ye as our own!!:hugs:

SoHappy 03-26-2012 09:32 AM

Hi, Scotty! But, you're always going to be a goddess! :laugh: :hugs:

Kissa 03-26-2012 10:16 AM

Pat beat me to it. I was scrolling down to say just that!

Love that nickname, Scotty is is!

Scotty 03-26-2012 10:19 AM

Pat and Cindy I will try, along with sungoddess, to be worthy of goddess-ness...

I've also been called Scottso, Scotts, Scottro, and just "HEY,SCOTT!". Proud of my (old) name

mykidsteacher 03-26-2012 10:46 AM

Hi Scotty! I was reading somewhere else, thought it was you, saw the name and went, "Huh?" LOL Glad I was only confused for a minute.

Glad the weight is going in the right direction!

theredhead 03-26-2012 12:23 PM

That's funny. I, too, noticed the picture and it didn't compute with the user name. I'm glad you're here and losing, no matter what your name is, lol.

Scotty 03-26-2012 05:42 PM

I'm glad I am here, too. I have been reading the posts and thinking more about this woe. I think any "diet" will work as long as you stick to it, and I think this one I can stick to.

There will be off days, screw up days, and "I don't give a *%#@@" days. There is the fact that I lose extremely slowly, because of my age or the luck of the draw-whatever. There will be social occasions (my nemesis) to be challenged by, and days I feel like I am starving to death, but I don't have to say"no" to anything. I like that.

SoHappy 03-26-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 15529204)
I'm glad I am here, too. I have been reading the posts and thinking more about this woe. I think any "diet" will work as long as you stick to it, and I think this one I can stick to.

There will be off days, screw up days, and "I don't give a *%#@@" days. There is the fact that I lose extremely slowly, because of my age or the luck of the draw-whatever. There will be social occasions (my nemesis) to be challenged by, and days I feel like I am starving to death, but I don't have to say"no" to anything. I like that.

Yeah, it's just kind of a nice way to do it.

Since we aren't among those who can just eat anything and everything, whenever they want, and not gain an ounce, we are going to have to make a choice. Either live our lives in fat bodies forever, and truthfully... I feel that diminishes an occasional bit of the fun we might have in life, - OR - follow some kind of an eating program, for the most part, most of the time.

And I can do that.

So I choose to eat at a moderate carb level, rather than a very low one or the high one of the Standard American Diet. I choose the mid-range that focuses a ton on low carb choices, but allows higher carb veggies and fruits and grains some too. And even allows for sweets sometimes too. I'll rarely turn down the offer of a dessert. LOL

But I decided that I'd eat my food choices according to the JUDDD plan, and you know what? It works out very well for me.

I hope it works out as well for you. And I expect it will. :)

Scotty 03-26-2012 06:02 PM

Pat You are part of the reason I am still here, fighting the good fight, except it's less of a fight and more of a discussion with myself as I go along..:)

DD80 03-26-2012 06:18 PM

Well hello "Scotty." :shake: I didn't know that you could change your name, but it suits you! :) You are an official JUDDDer now! :laugh:

Beeb 03-26-2012 07:38 PM

Well, Scotty......it's SO nice to meet you, again!! :high5::shake::hugs::jumpjoy:

b_lou_who 03-26-2012 08:07 PM

Sweet! Beam me off some pounds Scotty

Scotty 03-27-2012 11:26 AM

b_lou :laugh: "I'm doin' the best I can, Cap'n"...wish I could, for all of us.

Kissa 03-27-2012 03:22 PM

Does that mean you can deal with "Clingons on the Starboard bow"? I have a few lbs clinging on still???

Scotty 03-27-2012 05:31 PM

:laugh::laugh: Me too!! I'll see what I can do..:laugh: :laugh: