Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1BellaDonna
Stats: Highest =202 (post-pregnancy 1 of 2)/142.6, 5'8"
WOE: LC, hcg, JUDDD
Just need to confess

So, I don't expect many replies here. I just need to confess so I can move on and look forward to getting my head back on straight. While I've not been losing like i had wanted and expected, i have lost .8 lbs in my 11 days of JUDDDing (with TOM one day late so far and Bernice issues lowly resolving).

Anyway, Today was an UD. I am only supposed to have a max of 1742 calories.

Breakfast- Panera breakfast sandwich(bacon, egg, asiago bagel, Swiss cheese)
AND a tall Starbucks White chocolate moha with an extra shot of espresso

Lunch- about 10 oz of sourpatch kids, 1 slice papa johns buffalo chicken pizza (bland!) and a half slice of meat pizza AND a piece of their cinnamon pizza(meh.)

Snack- spoonful of nutella (ok. A BIG one),handful of pita chips

Dinner: cup of sautéed zucchini ( heaven!), five pita chips, 2 tbsp spin-art dip

Snacking again?--2 milk chocolate ghiradelli squares, 1/3 bag of those blasted artisanal tortilla chps(baked cheese)

Wow! After writing it all out I'm even more ashamed. Praying that TOM and left over junk from my hubby's guy's night can be blamed (along with my lack of willpower today). I wasnt even hungry since breakfast!

On a good note, im very excited to do DD tomorrow. Normally a day like today just makes me give up completely or give myself an excuse to continue the nonsense. Boy, I don't even know how to figure out all the calories I consumed today!

Okay, thanks for bearing with me! Hopefully I can get back on track like I was and not let slowness or lack of loss deter me. (is it supposed to take two weeks to lose?)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
I don't think its supposed to take 2 weeks to lose but your weight can bounce around a lot more than you might be used to on JUDDD. I never weigh myself after an UD to avoid getting discouraged as I don't count calories on UDs. I don't pig out either (and I don't think you did either btw) but I know I will have a couple of extra lbs of water and food that I ate. However I do lose much better if I managed to exercise on my DD...weird as that sounds. I also have to eat more earlier in the day on a DD and eat lightly at night and by morning the scale is kinder. Don't forget to measure too. If you are allowing yourself foods on your UD you might not have before you might not see a loss for a little bit. Like with me, I came to JUDDD right off of strict Atkins and my body wasn't used to having carbs and I think all my DDs did at first was mitigate the rebound extreme gain from the extra carbs but I think its calming down a bit and the general overall trend is downward. TOM always plays havoc with my weigh-ins also so I don't weight until after TOM is gone. Then I usually notice a nice whoosh. Hang in there and don't go over your DD calories (not that I think you have or anything - its just a reminder).

-Michelle
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Hugs - it happens!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Taking two weeks to really start losing is unusual, but it definitely happens to some people. Tom can definitely play havoc with some people's water weight. And some bodies do seem to need some healing time before they are ready to let go of weight.

By now the sirtuin enzymes should be building up in your body. Which means the water weight gained by that extravagant day (breakfast sounded great but I don't think I could eat small children, even if they were sour) should vanish in a couple of DDs.

With slow starters, things usually pick up in the third or fourth week. If you do not see a drop after a few DDs, please open a new 'Help' posting and include what you are eating and your DD & UD caloric goals.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Hang in there. Since you switched from lc/hcg to high carb eating, no loss is pretty understandable. I bet if you keep to your UD/DD cals this week you'll show a great loss!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
Dont be discouraged!! You might have lost inches but didnt realize!!! Thats what is happening with me. My scale takes huge mood swings, but my tape measurer is moving in the good direction!!!!

Your still new to JUDDD, slips happen from time to time. Honestly even if your old to JUDDD they still happen!!! That goes for any WOE!!!! And I tell you for you to be excited for DD to be coming, is a really good sign!!! Means your sticking too it and thats the best part!!!!

Heres to a better day!!!!!

Looking over your foods again with just quick estimates, because I dont know all the counts on some of that. I dont think you really did all that bad to be honest!!! But another thing, maybe it was just TOM cravings and he might be coming for sure now! I know around TOM for me, I cant stop the eating. I dont know why but I will eat the saltiest things and then boom....bloat city!!!! You had alot of chips through out the day, so thats what makes me think the TOM thing!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 03-26-2012 at 04:34 AM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Taking two weeks to really start losing is unusual, but it definitely happens to some people. Tom can definitely play havoc with some people's water weight. And some bodies do seem to need some healing time before they are ready to let go of weight.

By now the sirtuin enzymes should be building up in your body. Which means the water weight gained by that extravagant day (breakfast sounded great but I don't think I could eat small children, even if they were sour) should vanish in a couple of DDs.

With slow starters, things usually pick up in the third or fourth week. If you do not see a drop after a few DDs, please open a new 'Help' posting and include what you are eating and your DD & UD caloric goals.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
It's going to be fine, Bella! Just get right back on the rotation and keep going. DDs have a way of fixing things.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Aw, please don't feel ashamed...it's just food! And you never know...I've had some of my best whooshes after (occasional!) days like that. It's like they reassure your body that it's ok to let go.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Trust me as another slow loser, it does work, you just have to stick it out.
Where else could you publish your menu as above and have it be a legit part of your "diet"?
Looks to me like you might want to put your focus on the health aspects, go a little cleaner for your eating habits as you feel you can make a change here and there, and do your measurements. Get out a pair of smaller tight pants and try them on everyday but stay off the scale for maybe two more weeks so you break the negative reinforcement habit.
You can go back to weighing, but seriously with intermittent fasting it looks like inches and fat loss can be happening in a big way but not immediately be reflected on that dratted scale.
I thought mine might be broken for a while. I got to a new low, bounced back up several pounds and kind of stayed the same for three more weeks, now I am suddenly dropping about a pound a day this week with no changes.

Those of us who have played the diets game for years and years get very tied into a shame based cycle when we "fail" the diet or ourselves. The beauty of juddd is the forgiving nature. One rough day doesn't blow anything, because you are making lifestyle changes. Intermittent fasting needs to be a life change to keep the genes switched on, the enzymes producing, and it is very natural to eat up one day, down the next, and have an occasional feast day without stress or self condemnation. Break the cycle for yourself. No one else is judging you!

Last edited by b_lou_who; 03-26-2012 at 10:28 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Where else could you publish your menu as above and have it be a legit part of your "diet"?
Looks to me like you might want to put your focus on the health aspects, go a little cleaner for your eating habits as you feel you can make a change here and there, and do your measurements. Get out a pair of smaller tight pants and try them on everyday but stay off the scale for maybe two more weeks so you break the negative reinforcement habit.
You can go back to weighing, but seriously with intermittent fasting it looks like inches and fat loss can be happening in a big way but not immediately be reflected on that dratted scale.
I thought mine might be broken for a while. I got to a new low, bounced back up several pounds and kind of stayed the same for three more weeks, now I am suddenly dropping about a pound a day this week with no changes.

Those of us who have played the diets game for years and years get very tied into a shame based cycle when we "fail" the diet or ourselves. The beauty of juddd is the forgiving nature. One rough day doesn't blow anything, because you are making lifestyle changes. Intermittent fasting needs to be a life change to keep the genes switched on, the enzymes producing, and it is very natural to eat up one day, down the next, and have an occasional feast day without stress or self condemnation. Break the cycle for yourself. No one else is judging you!
Excellent words of advice!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Just wanted to add BellaDonna, please can I come and live at your house?

So glad you have made your confession and feel able to move on. You will be seeing that weight loss soon I am sure.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
B Lou, you are very wise.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post

Great post!!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much for the advice, kick in the pants, cheers, and information, you guys! B-Lou--excellent post and I appreciate the time and thought you put into it. I will definitely heeding your words.

I have to say that I've stayed on the straight and narrow today and am past my typical feelings of failure/guilt from yesterday. THIS is a major step for me, as I work on developing a better relationship with food and eating. It will be no easy feat, as I've battled ED for well over 20 years. I look forward to shifting my thoughts and actions with this WOE. I think a lot of my issue was the PMS (Can't tell you how happy I was to see TOM today!!). Since starting JUDDD, I've actually been making good choices with foods--salads, veggies, greek yogurt, fish, beef, etc. That whole junkfood thing was definitely not my (new) norm. I look forward to feeling good across the board and perhaps healing my body some from my years of bulimia (occasional anorexia), binging, and yo-yo dieting. I will need to invest in a tape measure. I don't see the scale going down like for everyone else and will need to see something with the tape measure at least. My clothes, currently feel the same. That's okay. I'm still moving ahead. I have 15-18 lbs I'd love to lose by my (gulp) 42nd birthday in late June (hmmm, that's about 14 wks away). If I don't start losing something (as soon as TOM leaves me), I will definitely be posting my menus and numbers to get some help. I'm not sure how I'll ever get down to 378 calories, on days I'm home all day. However, it's my goal for DD. For now, I'm using 500 cals for DD.

Today:
Breakfast - 4 oz espresso +2 oz milk (39 cals)
Lunch - 1 serving (=1/2) of a Trader Joe's Harvest salad (200 cals)
Dinner- 1 bowl broccoli soup (2 c chicken broth, 2 c. broccoli, 1 wedge laughing cow (135 cals) + 8 wheat thins (70 cals)

Kissa- You want to live at my house??? lol You can if you want to babysit my 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old boys. :-)
1BellaDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Okay, you win!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BellaDonna View Post
I think a lot of my issue was the PMS (Can't tell you how happy I was to see TOM today!!)
See I told you, you must be like me and crave the salty things just before TOM!!! I said before I dont need a calendar for it, I just know by scale and food!! lol!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Bella, many of us have noticed we are unreasonably hungry during certain times of the month... ovulation or pre-Tom (or both!).

During these times, we find we have a voracious appetite, basically eating down our houses! Holding to our proper DDS becomes nigh impossible, and UDs often become Up, Up, and Away Days.

For me, I found that I usually have to allow myself more calories for a few days until this hormonal hunger passes on through. It's a pattern I've come to recognize during the month. Giving in to it hasn't really hurt anything in the long run, because within days it's gone and I'm back to the normal controlled JUDDD appetite.

You are doing great, Bella! KUTGW!!!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Yes! If I could figure out a way to eat my arm off and still keep it somewhat functional, I would during TOM and ovulation. I'm really praying that JUDDD can do something with my PMS symptoms. I can handle the severe chocolate cravings (used to be just sweets and carbs...not sure where the salt thing came from this go-round) but the complete raving lunatic I turn into...Oh.muh.gah!!! If JUDDD could make me at least partially non-psychotic, it will be worth it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey! It's an UD! I survived the growling tummy. Woo hoo!! I'm up to 154.6 (despite drinking tons of water) but oh well! See??? I'm still smiling! :-D

Hugs to all of you guys!!! Happy Tuesday!
1BellaDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Belladonna, Trader Joes has chocolate bars that are really yummy and half a bar is only one net carb and 200 calories. That can easily fit into a pms up day to take the edge off.thats a win win don't you think? Perhaps you would have a better handle on your up days if you kept a calorie count of everything that you are eating on those days. It is so easy to under estimate how much you are eating and go over your calorie ceiling.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #21
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BellaDonna View Post
So, I don't expect many replies here. I just need to confess so I can move on and look forward to getting my head back on straight. While I've not been losing like i had wanted and expected, i have lost .8 lbs in my 11 days of JUDDDing (with TOM one day late so far and Bernice issues lowly resolving).

Anyway, Today was an UD. I am only supposed to have a max of 1742 calories.

Breakfast- Panera breakfast sandwich(bacon, egg, asiago bagel, Swiss cheese)
AND a tall Starbucks White chocolate moha with an extra shot of espresso

Lunch- about 10 oz of sourpatch kids, 1 slice papa johns buffalo chicken pizza (bland!) and a half slice of meat pizza AND a piece of their cinnamon pizza(meh.)

Snack- spoonful of nutella (ok. A BIG one),handful of pita chips

Dinner: cup of sautéed zucchini ( heaven!), five pita chips, 2 tbsp spin-art dip

Snacking again?--2 milk chocolate ghiradelli squares, 1/3 bag of those blasted artisanal tortilla chps(baked cheese)

Wow! After writing it all out I'm even more ashamed. Praying that TOM and left over junk from my hubby's guy's night can be blamed (along with my lack of willpower today). I wasnt even hungry since breakfast!

On a good note, im very excited to do DD tomorrow. Normally a day like today just makes me give up completely or give myself an excuse to continue the nonsense. Boy, I don't even know how to figure out all the calories I consumed today!

Okay, thanks for bearing with me! Hopefully I can get back on track like I was and not let slowness or lack of loss deter me. (is it supposed to take two weeks to lose?)
I agree to give it a longer chance and I would suggest you change your sugar/salt intact for your next UD. These can wreck havoc with your bodies and make us retain water.

The only thing I see that was a good food choice there was the zucchini. We all tend to snack more when we first start out with JUDDD but be aware of your snacking choices and try to make better food choices like protein/veggie/fruit/grain choices to keep you fuller longer.

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote