Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Silly ? but y'all said to ask away... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764529-silly-but-yall-said-ask-away.html)

kimberino 03-25-2012 08:28 PM

Silly ? but y'all said to ask away...

Based on my extensive look through the JUDDD forum, some admittance of fears from straying off Atkins, and a LOT of encouragement from you all, I am starting tomorrow 3/26.

Now here's the silly question *this is probably stated somewhere right in front of my eyes and I apologize in advance! What day do you start with, an UD or a DD, or does it even matter?

Truffles 03-25-2012 08:30 PM

Go with your gut!!! :hyst:

But seriously, it's up to you!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

:welcome:

sophiethecat 03-25-2012 08:33 PM

Like Truffles said, it's your choice. Many recommend starting with an UD so you can fuel yourself well for your first DD. Others, who already were eating up to their JUDDD calories on another plan, may want to go ahead with a DD.

SoHappy 03-25-2012 08:34 PM

Recommendations are for you to start with an UD because that will fuel you well into your first DD.

It's sort of like the hcg folks having a couple of days of really high eating to get fueled up to withstand their extended days of 500 calories.

It sort of gives you a good send off. :laugh:

kimberino 03-25-2012 08:39 PM

I knew I could count on you - thanks! Well, since I've been staunch Atkins through today, I pretty much feel it's been an UD anyway, so here's to a successful DD.

Buttercup204 03-25-2012 10:23 PM

Welcome~! :D Glad you're aboard! Just remember I think the first 3 DDs are the hardest but if you can make it through those, you're going to have a much easier time of it.

Are you planning to continue low carbing on your UDs too? Just wondering. :-) I added back in carbs and found that at first my body seemed to just maintain when fresh off Atkins because it was reacting to the carbs I was suddenly feeding it. Then it sort of balanced out. I just wanted to warn you in case you go straight from Atkins to JUDDD w/carbs you might notice an initial bump up on the scale but don't get discouraged!!! It does come down!

-Michelle

kimberino 03-25-2012 11:19 PM

Thanks Michelle. I don't plan on being low carb but I do plan to keep the processed sugary foods away if at all possible. I'll expect the "bump on the scale" now thanks to your warning.

sterlinggirl 03-26-2012 02:38 AM

:welcome: :jumpjoy: I hope you enjoy this WOE as much as i do:)

AsmallerME 03-26-2012 03:20 AM

Good luck!! The first two DDs were the worst. I felt great by the third.

krow134 03-26-2012 04:26 AM

Welcome!!! Glad you come here!!! I have been enjoying JUDDD alot!!! I think you will too!!!

becky123abc 03-26-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttercup204 (Post 15526856)
Welcome~! :D Glad you're aboard! Just remember I think the first 3 DDs are the hardest but if you can make it through those, you're going to have a much easier time of it.

Are you planning to continue low carbing on your UDs too? Just wondering. :-) I added back in carbs and found that at first my body seemed to just maintain when fresh off Atkins because it was reacting to the carbs I was suddenly feeding it. Then it sort of balanced out. I just wanted to warn you in case you go straight from Atkins to JUDDD w/carbs you might notice an initial bump up on the scale but don't get discouraged!!! It does come down!

-Michelle

Michelle, I thank ya for these words...I'm wrapping up my first week...and to be honest ... I'm not all that impressed yet...! :( But!! I am holding on to words like these and those from YamYam and so many others...and I'm waiting for the magic to kick in!

I lost 60 pounds being VERY LC with no cheats...then I started having weekend cheats...and about 25-30 lbs have crept back on.

I really long for a moderate lifestyle...where I can eat appropriate portion sizes and be satisfied.

I'm sticking to this for awhile to let my body get adjusted.

Thank you for sharing your story!

Becky 03-26-2012 04:40 AM

I'm starting today, I decided on a DD because I know I'm going to be very busy with chores, when I'm busy I don't think about food and can easily do with less. When I get home probably I'm cooking up a skillet of fried cabbage, zucchini, and tomatoes maybe adding in some bacon bits (real ones) but have to check the calories.

JanetTN 03-26-2012 05:34 AM

Good luck and :welcome: to everyone starting today.

Today is the end of my second month on JUDDD. I love it and am having great results.

Like others have said the first few DD are harder but you will be amazed when the JUDDD magic kicks in.

Just remember to keep coming back here for info, support and answers. You won't find a more supportive bunch anywhere

sungoddess 03-26-2012 07:58 AM

I recommend to those I know who are starting to go with an UD. This is from my HCG days where we ate high calorie for a few days before starting. It fuels you up for your DD. I have seen over the past months that the better I fuel myself on my UD's, the easier time I have on my DD's.

Enjoy the journey!!

Beeb 03-26-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky123abc (Post 15527089)
Michelle, I thank ya for these words...I'm wrapping up my first week...and to be honest ... I'm not all that impressed yet...! :( But!! I am holding on to words like these and those from YamYam and so many others...and I'm waiting for the magic to kick in!

I lost 60 pounds being VERY LC with no cheats...then I started having weekend cheats...and about 25-30 lbs have crept back on.

I really long for a moderate lifestyle...where I can eat appropriate portion sizes and be satisfied.

I'm sticking to this for awhile to let my body get adjusted.

Thank you for sharing your story!

This may help here: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...weeks-all.html

:welcome: to Kimberino and glad to see you trying JUDDD! And I, too recommend anyone asking that they start with an UD to "fuel" yourself for that first, sometimes nailing biting DD. And they DO get easier and easier! My hunger is zero on DDs now and I can go for hours after waking up without even thinking of food, yet on my UDs I wake up like a bear out of hibernation!! :yummy: