Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Weekends are SO HARD!

I have no problem with DD on weekdays because I work and it is easy not to want food while working, but the weekends are so frustrating. Today started to be a good DD and ended up a MD because I sit here and get bored and want to munch. Just caught myself snacking on a piece of pizza and I had already had 700 calories,

I also realize I need to keep the carbs low, I can't behave if I eat carbs. Bite of cookie here, spoonful of stuffing there. I am gonna stall myself out that way, I just KNOW it.

So I guess tomorrow I'm gonna turn it into a DD and go from there. Keep it LC and stay away from bread and sugar. I WILL MAKE IT!!

Rant off.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Same with me. Yesterday was supposed to be a DD. Turned into a full fledged UD. Friday's UD wasn't really much of one, so I just went with what my body wanted. I kept today a medium day to even it all out.

Great think about JUDDD. It's very forgiving and easy to get back on schedule.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

That's the good thing! When I blew LC it was always a 2 week struggle to get back to where I was.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
And I find the weekends to be easier than at work. I live in the country and if it isn't in the house I can't eat it. At work, someone is always bringing goodies, the frig is full and there are food sources on every corner. Monday is a DD for me and I just know I will walk in and there will be donuts, or brownies or cake. I will survive though.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
weekends are a concern of mine, as i have expressed over and over.
I have been thinking about it for a week or so and im wondering
about working out a routine like this (it looks more confusing that it really is
Basically have a floating medium day for either Thursday or Sunday
So i can have a flexible UD on Friday/Sunday or Thursday/Saturday
around my weekend plans (that dont start to take shape until Weds/Thurs.
This is of course after i do the 2 to 4 weeks of inductions.
This makes EVERY monday a DD
It actually looks very doable and im thinking it should work after reading about
Fast 5 and ESE.

MTWTHSS
----------
DUDUDUM
DUDMUDU

this way you are having basically 3.5 days of each UP DD
rather than 3 one week 4 the next, so it really is even IF it works out =)

Last edited by OhioGuy; 03-25-2012 at 08:47 PM..
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I have that problem too. But I keep snow peas and snap peas in my fridge. I buy them in the fresh veggie section from walmart for like $2.50 a bag. I eat those when I feel the need to eat. I also make sure I carry a bottle of water with me to drink and keep a full feeling!!!

Your doing great dont allow a few days to ruin your mood!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
I had the problem this weekend - never mind today is a DD!

OhioGuy - I would do exactly what you say - 2-4 weeks of full on rotation - then see if you can tweak it. Men do tend to be more successful with weight loss and tweaking - so hopefully it will work for you!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Adopt a non food distraction. I play video games as my favorite eating free occupation.
Chant a few rounds of I can have that tomorrow (funny how I never want it tomorrow) followed by a rousing chorus of eat today for how you want to dress tomorrow, or its flipside, don't eat today what you don't want to be wearing tomorrow. and then go try on that pair of next size down non stretchy skinny jeans that are hanging there for just such a moment. I'm not wearing those with muffin top or spleen rupture.
Saw a woman my age today wearing too tight jeans and a tight shiny tee that showed every roll and bulge it created. Nasty. I refuse to look like that, and the boredom munchies aren't worth it with the freedom of juddd tomorrows
Old 03-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for responding! Now I don't feel so alone in this. There is ALWAYS something being brought into the house. I live with my 2 elderly parents who cannot go a day without sweets, and a bottomless pit of a teenage daughter. So I either have to spend the weekend out and about or sit here and think "I am NOT gonna eat the cookies on the counter. I am NOT gonna eat the cookies on the counter"
Old 03-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Adopt a non food distraction. I play video games as my favorite eating free occupation.
Chant a few rounds of I can have that tomorrow (funny how I never want it tomorrow) followed by a rousing chorus of eat today for how you want to dress tomorrow, or its flipside, don't eat today what you don't want to be wearing tomorrow. and then go try on that pair of next size down non stretchy skinny jeans that are hanging there for just such a moment. I'm not wearing those with muffin top or spleen rupture.
Saw a woman my age today wearing too tight jeans and a tight shiny tee that showed every roll and bulge it created. Nasty. I refuse to look like that, and the boredom munchies aren't worth it with the freedom of juddd tomorrows
OMG I can relate! I see some girls here who actually have too-tight jeans on under the entire belly! I thought only middle aged men did that! I will never wear low rise jeans, even at my skinniest, I had the pouch so "mom jeans" it is and will always be!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Do you have a hobby that can keep your hands busy? When you get the munchies, you could pick it up instead.

I knit. And find I get into a groove and just keep going. It's too much trouble to stop and put it down to use my hands to put food in my mouth. And then my fingers get messy which makes the yarn yucky. I usually have a cup of tea or coffee on hand, but it gets cold because I forget to drink it.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Do you have a hobby that can keep your hands busy? When you get the munchies, you could pick it up instead.

I knit. And find I get into a groove and just keep going. It's too much trouble to stop and put it down to use my hands to put food in my mouth. And then my fingers get messy which makes the yarn yucky. I usually have a cup of tea or coffee on hand, but it gets cold because I forget to drink it.
I may have to get back into my beadwork. I had to give up knitting and crochet because my wonderful Siamese likes to bite through the yarn and I got tired of knotting together wet yarn bits I have threatened to pull his teeth on occasion. I usually wind up taking my daughter to the mall and such but ever since she discovered World of Warcraft, she is happy at home, glued to her laptop and I am bored.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Lol, I play video games to distract myself too lol. Or laundry but that's the least fun of the two. Today I got frustrated and pulled all the too small clothes off the hangers and folded them into a pile on a shelf in my closet. Those are my goal clothes. UGH. Some of them I haven't worn in quite some time but they're jeans so they are still in style luckily. It's the shirts that are more likely to be out of style. I plan to be much more able to wear my smaller clothes by the time the end of Spring and beginning of summer! Then I am getting new clothes! Cute ones!

-Michelle
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Adopt a non food distraction......
Chant a few rounds of I can have that tomorrow (funny how I never want it tomorrow) followed by a rousing chorus of eat today for how you want to dress tomorrow, or its flipside, don't eat today what you don't want to be wearing tomorrow.

That's priceless. I'll remember that phrase as I start my first JUDDD down day today
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I really believe it's important to stick to those DD calories and not go over them, no matter what. On LC there were certain things I just didn't eat, so I didn't eat them. The same goes for DD calories....I just don't go over my DD calories because they are there to keep the "magic" working for me with JUDDD, PLUS sticking to plan is a lot easier to me than trying to undo any damage I may do if I don't!

Just my opinion.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I learned two things this weekend. First, I still can't do carbs and behave. It is just not in me. If I do anything sweet or bready, I want more and obsess over it.

Second, I have PMS, my daughter informed me of this...lol. I am craving sweets from that too and feel all bloaty. So lesson learned. Today had a good DD and am fine. NO MORE SWEETS!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
I learned two things this weekend. First, I still can't do carbs and behave. It is just not in me. If I do anything sweet or bready, I want more and obsess over it.

Second, I have PMS, my daughter informed me of this...lol. I am craving sweets from that too and feel all bloaty. So lesson learned. Today had a good DD and am fine. NO MORE SWEETS!
It's all trial and error and THAT is how we learn! WTG on figuring out what you can and can not do! My Kryptonite is an egg in the morning! Eat this and I'm done for the rest of the day!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
It's all trial and error and THAT is how we learn! WTG on figuring out what you can and can not do! My Kryptonite is an egg in the morning! Eat this and I'm done for the rest of the day!!
Its funny how our bodies react to different things. Eggs fill me up fast. I taste sugar and I turn into a drooling monster "GWEEBLES WANTS MORE!!!"

My daughter bought some Ben & Jerry's ice cream and I told her to lock the puppy up somewhere. If not, I am pretty sure a DD is not supposed to be half a pint of ice cream..lol.