Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/164/160 5'5"
I don't know what I did! haha

We went out to eat today...here's what I had for lunch at a local restauraunt...they do not offer nutritional info...

"two skewers of cajun grilled chicken, smoked sausage, peppers & onions all drizzled with our signature trippin' toad sauce" (which is a citrus pepper glaze)...and my sides were a small house salad (no croutons) w/balsamic vinegarette & a small bowl of brocolli, cauliflower & carrots.

It was pretty LC from what I could tell...but I'm not sure about the sauce & dressing...but it wasn't drenched in it...

I am clueless about the calorie content...so I don't know how much more to eat today on this UD.

I didn't eat breakfast..so I don't feel like I've gone over my 1875 calorie UD limit...I just have no idea what I ate. I'd probably be fine eating very little else this day...but I don't want to eat too low...

What do you do when you eat a meal you have no idea how many calories you had?? I guess I just have to guess...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
What I do is look it up online, each ingredient and about how much I think there was of each, then guess about the sauces, dressing, etc. and figure it that way.

I'm very sure you didn't get close to your UD calories so guessamate and then give yourself something to eat later if you are hungry. Many an UD I have eaten out all day and just had to guess from what I researched online. Today is a MD for me to change tomorrow to an UD and I'm going out, as usual, for dinner. I have about 800 calories left for the day so I'll pick "wisely" and not worry about it!

Sometimes life just happens this way and with JUDDD we can be stress and guilt free!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-24-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I have had to do this, especially with eating out. I add an extra 100 cals for all of the hidden ingredients just to be safe! Glad you had a nice UD meal!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Beeb! Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. When I went to Applebee's and found out the Fiesta Lime chicken was over 1200 calories...it made me scared of restaurant entrees!
This counting calories is new for me...I'm just used to thinking about carbs!

I feel full and it was almost 3 hours ago...

Thanks again!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I have had to do this, especially with eating out. I add an extra 100 cals for all of the hidden ingredients just to be safe! Glad you had a nice UD meal!
Thank you sunday! Usually in LC history, if I ate a meal with any carbs, I would be VERY tempted to just call it an offplan day and eat whatever I could...but I'm trying to tell myself that I can't go over my calorie limit...and that's keeping me from binging on whatever sweets I can find!

Thanks again!!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
We went out to eat today...here's what I had for lunch at a local restauraunt...they do not offer nutritional info...

"two skewers of cajun grilled chicken, smoked sausage, peppers & onions all drizzled with our signature trippin' toad sauce" (which is a citrus pepper glaze)...and my sides were a small house salad (no croutons) w/balsamic vinegarette & a small bowl of brocolli, cauliflower & carrots.

It was pretty LC from what I could tell...but I'm not sure about the sauce & dressing...but it wasn't drenched in it...

I am clueless about the calorie content...so I don't know how much more to eat today on this UD.

I didn't eat breakfast..so I don't feel like I've gone over my 1875 calorie UD limit...I just have no idea what I ate. I'd probably be fine eating very little else this day...but I don't want to eat too low...

What do you do when you eat a meal you have no idea how many calories you had?? I guess I just have to guess...
Wow Becky, this does not sound very high to me at all. Can you estimate how many ounces of chicken and sausage you had? As an easy rule of thumb, you can estimate appx 40-50 calories per ounce of protein. Three ounces of meat, fish or poultry is roughly the size of your palm. Maybe not quite as thick but I have pretty thin palms so I go with that!

Visualize it right now. The two skewers of chicken sounds like 2 ounces to me. Count 100 calories for that to be safe. Did you have 3 ounces of sausage? Add 150 for that if so or more if you visualize it and it was bigger than your palm on your hand.

I would not bother counting the veggies like peppers and onions when you are out at a restaurant unless they seemed to be very oily. If there seemed to be lots of fat or oil used in everything, keep in mind 2 tablespoons of oil (which is really a lot) is a serving and equals 120 calories.

Your salad is almost nothing. I'd throw in about 30 calories for that. Same w/ the veggies. Maybe 40 or 50. They are really low cal.

Keep in mind that the salt content in sausage is probably high, so I would drink lots and lots of water to try and mitigate that and also keep it in mind tomorrow if you step on the scale. Your gain will be water weight, not fat.

I'm getting somewhere between 450 - 600?? Not bad at all!! and that's counting some extra fat for the sauce in case it had some.

Hope you will be surprised like I was when I started JUDDing. I had a couple of free-for-all days and thought I was blowing it. But when I actually estimated portion sizes and entered everything into my tracker, I was wayyyyy lower than what I thought.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Yam yam!! Your info is very helpful. The sauce did seem somewhat oily...so I will go with the higher number...I need to learn to cook some of these meals ...those peppers and onions were really tasty...

And I've been reading a lot of about cabbage on the DD meal thread...I'd like to learn to make that...maybe even check out some of those miracle noodles!

I like sticking to simple, not much effort in putting together meals right now...but I am interested in the "volumetrics" type foods where I can eat more for less calories...

Baby steps...baby steps ...

Thanks so much for helping me!

I've stayed at 175 pounds the last two days...but I did have a nice loss the day before. Of course a lot of that was Disney World weight loss! haha
Old 03-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Thank you Yam yam!! Your info is very helpful. The sauce did seem somewhat oily...so I will go with the higher number...I need to learn to cook some of these meals ...those peppers and onions were really tasty...

And I've been reading a lot of about cabbage on the DD meal thread...I'd like to learn to make that...maybe even check out some of those miracle noodles!

I like sticking to simple, not much effort in putting together meals right now...but I am interested in the "volumetrics" type foods where I can eat more for less calories...

Baby steps...baby steps ...

Thanks so much for helping me!

I've stayed at 175 pounds the last two days...but I did have a nice loss the day before. Of course a lot of that was Disney World weight loss! haha
and that's what you are here for, right? Get rid of the DW gain and then it's downward from there. Honestly, in the beginning I was so thrilled to be eating, enjoying food and NOT GAINING. I felt like it was a miracle because I had stopped losing on LC and noticed the dreaded scale creep starting to happen. After my body got used to maintaining and the scale bouncing up and down daily, then I finally started losing. It took me several weeks to start noticing that "difference" that people talk about and then I started to feel so many benefits.

Do hang around Pat! She has mentioned several times that she is a volume eater and has mentioned some yummy recipes she does that make huge mounding plate fulls of food for very few DD calories.

For myself, I had never thought of using shredded cabbage and cooking it like that until I saw the cabbage/laughing cow cheese thread. There are a million ways to do it and you can make up your own.

Now, I'll toss a bunch in a pan w/ a bit of EVOO and kind of stir fry it. Then add some low sodium, fat free chicken broth and throw in anything else I have as leftovers. This week it will be lots of chopped up turkey breast and maybe even some of the gravy I made with the FF chicken broth. I might add in some celery and chopped carrots and even some whole wheat angel hair pasta broken up. Yum.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote