Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'm home and I can't believe it! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764346-im-home-i-cant-believe.html)

mykidsteacher 03-24-2012 10:55 AM

I'm home and I can't believe it!

I didn't gain at all while visiting my mom! Basically 5 FD's in a row, and I weigh a pound less than when I went. :jumpjoy::sing::stars:

I had ice cream (Rice Dream) 3 of the 4 nights there before bed, a couple of lunches of sandwiches (yes, with bread), chips and cookies, and I found some yummy dairy free alternatives to yogurt and coffee creamer that I indulged in as well.

What I DIDN'T do was snack between meals. No almonds here and there. And we did a lot of walking (and shopping!).

I didn't keep track of any calories, but I imagine if I added them up, it probably wasn't as high as I thought it might have been.

There were some WONDERFUL resale shops we visited and I found lovely items for all the children and myself.

Whole Foods provided a bonanza of wonderful foods that I can have with my allergies and paleo (unfortunately, I left half of it at Mom's, but should be able to meet up with her dh tomorrow to get it from him). I had all the cold stuff, but the dry goods had been put out of sight and got forgotten.

Anyway, it was a great trip, and I'm excited I don't have any clean up work to do.

I'm actually toying with the idea of trying to lose a few more pounds. My grandma gave me this wonderful dress that *almost* fits. 3-5 more pounds and I'd be in it easily. LOL We'll see.

It's good to be home and I'm actually about <-> this close to being done with the vacation laundry too. :)

sungoddess 03-24-2012 10:58 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Totally awesome news! You sound very upbeat. Thanks for the update! Go for it for the new dress and post pics. You will be there in no time!

Dottie 03-24-2012 10:59 AM

Welcome back and sounds like a great time:)

KeirasMom 03-24-2012 11:08 AM

:welcome: back! Awesome that you lost while not having to be obsessive about food!

mykidsteacher 03-24-2012 11:15 AM

Oh, and I was keeping a watch on my blood sugar levels with the off plan food, and my numbers looked great! Even after ice cream on an empty stomach (no protein to help buffer the sugar). Yippee!

sophiethecat 03-24-2012 11:40 AM

:jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: So happy for you Tina! :jumpjoy: So many things to whoo hooo over - that weight was not only NOT gained, but LOST on 5 FDs in a row! That you had a fun, relaxing time and enjoyed your foods. That your BG is doing great! :jumpjoy: Lots to be :jumpjoy: about! Congrats! :high5:

Yam-Yam 03-24-2012 11:45 AM

What an awesome report! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Glad you are back and that you had a great time!:hugs:

gotsomeold 03-24-2012 11:48 AM

Tina, whatever it is, you are doing it RIGHT!!!!

KathyL 03-24-2012 02:23 PM

That's fantastic Tina! All of it! :)

Beeb 03-24-2012 02:48 PM

:welcome: home and aren't you the BEST inspiration for us all! :high5::shake::hugs::jumpjoy:

theredhead 03-24-2012 03:04 PM

What a great experience! You did a terrific job, Tina!

oropendola 03-24-2012 07:49 PM

Welcome home! What a wonderful report. :)

gotitnow 03-24-2012 08:57 PM

Tina, Sooooo glad you did so well on your time away. You will be all confident now anytime you have a vacation! Don't you feel like this WOE sort of teaches us to somehow just "know" when we have had enough of whatever, and not really have to stress about it or write it down. (Especially by the time we are maintaining!:D) Another great thing!! Portion control!!:jumpjoy:
Nice to have you back!! :hugs:

Phyl:heart:

mom22boys 03-24-2012 09:17 PM

Congrats :jumpjoy:

sazzie 03-25-2012 06:11 AM

Tina, what an awesome trip that was to have you return 1 lb lighter after 5 FDs and your b/s in control!!!!

Congratulations!!