Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
3 lbs of guilt on my scale

Hello ladies,

This week has been tough ! I started really well, scoring a 133lbs on the scale but from then, eventhough I did my rotation normally my weight went up and up and then a little down, and well anyway yesterday, after thursday's DD i was back at 135.
But weekend's here and I need saturday (today) to be an UD, I have a party to go to. So I decided friday would be a MD .... but I faiiiiiiiiled so badly, it was quite an heavy UD... (home made bread is to be blame. this stuff is too good)

Anyway, today is still supposed to be an UD, I can't make it a DD with the party coming up (maki and gyoza party !) but I feel so bad and so guilty that I can't eat a thing... I actually do feel a bit nauseated must be psychosomatic, I know it but I can't help. I'm not hungry at all...

I know I should just enjoy my day and have a good DD tomorrow, that everything's gonna get back on track, that JUDDD's magic will work but I can't help feeling like crap !
wednesday is my birthday and I sooooo wanted to be under 60 kilos (132 lbs) but it ain't gonna happen...

hug please

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Annie

You started your birthday celebration early this year my friend.

Relax, take a deep breath, calm down. Don't make yourself sick - that gives too much power to the food. Like so many of us, you are learning the power is yours.

Have two great DDs and two controlled but enjoyable and tasty UDs before your big day. Whether you make your mini-goal of 132 for your birthday or not, you are doing very well on JUDDD and you will look great for your party.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Annie - hugs!! I have exactly the same issue!!

Yesterday was an UD - which was great because we were with friends. Today was going to be a DD and then friends of Kissa's invited DH and I out to lunch. We haven't seen them for a long time - so I didn't hesitate.

I thought I would make today a MD. Well, a rather ordinary pizza, a (cough) creme brulee, 1/3 of a bottle of wine was probably a bit higher than a MD.

But all would have been well, however..... last night's vino is obviously playing havoc with me today!! So, I've also eaten 2 cubes of cheese, a bowl of chili and some grated cheese and 3 rich tea biscuits.

I've probably hit 1700 - not my normal 2100, but still.

Anyway, tomorrow needs to be an UD because we've been invited out to lunch! I'm just going to aim for a good day (no alcohol and not over my normal UD cals).

I had also hit my newest low - and I know I'll be up for a few days - but, I'll get 3 good down days in and I bet I will have hit a new low!

So will you!!!!! Hugs and enjoy!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
to you Annie and Happy birthday soon! THis is a journey.. and somtimes as we travel we take a side road just to see the country side and stop and smell the roses.. just think of it like that.. no failure, just a lil side trip for you before you get back on the main JUDDD highway of life!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Annie, I completely agree with what everyone said! Take it all to heart, and a big ole for you today!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012

I hate to think of a stupid number on the scale affecting you or anyone so negatively. Have you considered stopping weighing and using a goal peice of clothes or size instead? It might be less hard on you.

I hope you feel better and enjoy your party. Happy early birthday!
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
Hello ladies,

This week has been tough ! I started really well, scoring a 133lbs on the scale but from then, eventhough I did my rotation normally my weight went up and up and then a little down, and well anyway yesterday, after thursday's DD i was back at 135.
But weekend's here and I need saturday (today) to be an UD, I have a party to go to. So I decided friday would be a MD .... but I faiiiiiiiiled so badly, it was quite an heavy UD... (home made bread is to be blame. this stuff is too good)

Anyway, today is still supposed to be an UD, I can't make it a DD with the party coming up (maki and gyoza party !) but I feel so bad and so guilty that I can't eat a thing... I actually do feel a bit nauseated must be psychosomatic, I know it but I can't help. I'm not hungry at all...

I know I should just enjoy my day and have a good DD tomorrow, that everything's gonna get back on track, that JUDDD's magic will work but I can't help feeling like crap !
wednesday is my birthday and I sooooo wanted to be under 60 kilos (132 lbs) but it ain't gonna happen...

hug please
Sorry you're feeling so down, Annie, but don't beat yourself up. We've all overate when we weren't supposed to. Don't let the scale ruin your day - you know what it's showing isn't fat that you gained overnight. Just think of all the good things you've done for your body with JUDDD as you reach a new year.

Enjoy your UD today and your party and keep going on the rotation.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Annie,
I don't have any advice, since I am easily led astray but any and all of the things you are talking about (and I make homemade bread...) BUT I can sure give hugs!!

Have fun at the party!!
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
You'll be fine. Don't stress about it. I know of whence I speak, because I'm a stresser too.

Everyone's given you great advice, so I'll just offer you a great big JUDDD-style !
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
thank you so much for all the hugs

I went out this morning, walked around and my appetite finally kicked in ! I made croque-monsieur for lunch, how french is that

I'll have the most normal UD today and tomorrow i'll have the best DD ever ! yeah ! let's do that !

thank you again, JUDDD BUDDDs are the best
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I want to give you this and also another point of view, if I may. I apologize in advance if I don't sound as sympathetic as our other wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs but sometimes we are our own worst enemy, and may need that "devil's abdicate" to help us see a different view.

So many factors effect our weight, up and down, that we can't allow that "bouncing scale" to mean that much, really. Here are a couple of links that may help:

The 3 S Brothers......Stress, Salt and Sleeplessness!!

The Scale, She "BOUNCES"!!

And please remember that JUDDD IS VERY FORGIVING and you should also be, too! Forgive yourself for the guilt your putting on yourself for those little 3 pounds, and for not letting yourself enjoy your birthday and the food you may have enjoyed even more! I can't imagine being this hard on myself during my birthday week. Holidays and special days are days to enjoy, not days for us to torture ourselves because we had fun and gained a bit of weight.

Life happens and is meant to be lived!! And I REALLY hope you enjoyed yourself, you truly deserved it!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-24-2012 at 08:57 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
no guilt! I just got back from 10 days of eat anything vacation and the scale was UP. 3 down days later and I am back where I was before I left. No Guilt!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Annie and Vicki too this is for you:

My advice is to consider that you have been on a wonderful, spontaneous, unplanned but very much enjoyed vacation!

When I went to Florida for 8 days, there was no way I could stick to plan. I went with the flow and really enjoyed myself.

I learned why people on the forum say JUDD is forgiving! The weight I gained while on vacation (much less than I would have gained had I cheated on the LC plan!) came off after only 2 DD rotations! If I had done that on LC and gone off the rails for 8 days, It would have taken me months to get it back off!

Pat needs to come and sing her Judd is forgiving song. We all hold hands...then we hug you big and comfort you with this no-regrets, enjoyable lifestyle we are choosing to live!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
no guilt! I just got back from 10 days of eat anything vacation and the scale was UP. 3 down days later and I am back where I was before I left. No Guilt!
Fabulous!!! I love this!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Hugs to you! The gain will be gone before you know it. Maybe not by your birthday but that's okay. I've been known to gain 5 pounds overnight. Talk about scale shock! Water weight for sure!
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote