Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   That Flippin' EGG!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764173-flippin-egg.html)

Beeb 03-23-2012 08:05 AM

That Flippin' EGG!!!

OK, I have just proven AGAIN that I can't eat an egg in the morning! Yesterday was an UD and I had a fried egg on a bagel thin with a bit of butter.

AND THEN THE EATING FRENZY BEGAN!! :stars::eek::cry: I just ate ALL DAY LONG! I couldn't get full no matter what I did! :down::doh:

Then I went over my food for the day and realized I had that egg first thing and that is what started my downward spiral with food! Fat/Protein in the morning causes hunger all day long for me! It was probably why I was always hungry on LC. Fat and protein make up a good part of a LC diet, as we all know and I remember eating my eggs and bacon in the morning and then eating ALL DAY LONG! I NEVER got that full feeling on LC as I do eating higher carbs on JUDDD. :confused:

I need my oatmeal or a homemade bran muffin, when I eat breakfast! This I now know FOR SURE!! :notwrthy:

Eieio 03-23-2012 08:14 AM

Oh no not the eggs!
Bummer.
Thanks for the tip though.
If/when I have an attach I'll think back.
Good day

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 08:17 AM

Wow.. funny how a certain food can trigger that responce in your body.. I wish it were that simple for me... What i have found was this.. ANY food in the AM triggers a food fest for me.. So i have learned to wait till i feel hungry and then let the feast begin:hugs: So thats why on Down Days i only Drink all day.. No food for me seams to work the best on my DD. :heart:

pinemeadows 03-23-2012 08:26 AM

That is really unusual! I used to eat a lot of eggs too - hmmmmm - wonder if that's why I snacked so much. When I was doing LC, I would snack all day - on nuts! I ate way more nuts than is even healthy, especially macadamias. Thank goodness my source for those (Costco) stopped carrying them....and then I found JUDD.:jumpjoy:

Sterlinggirl, do you just eat once a day on both DDs and UDs?

On DDs, I eat only in the evenings, but on UDs, I eat "normal". I have to say tho that I don't eat as much as I used to, period!

theredhead 03-23-2012 08:27 AM

I'm like Sterlingirl in that I put off eating because ANYTHING seems to trigger my hunger. It's interesting that it's egg that's doing it to you, Beeb. Isn't it great, though, that you can figure something like that out and you'll still have a lot of good things to choose from when you eat breakfast?

adillenal 03-23-2012 08:31 AM

Well, I have settled on 3 meals a day for DD and my first is whole oat groats. I do way better than I was doing eating egg whites for B. Amazing how different we all are.
And I never got appetite suppression on LC either. I could eat my weight in fatty protein foods. Only when I went LC LF did I lose weight. Wondr why fat triggers my appetite?

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinemeadows (Post 15520160)
That is really unusual! I used to eat a lot of eggs too - hmmmmm - wonder if that's why I snacked so much. When I was doing LC, I would snack all day - on nuts! I ate way more nuts than is even healthy, especially macadamias. Thank goodness my source for those (Costco) stopped carrying them....and then I found JUDD.:jumpjoy:

Sterlinggirl, do you just eat once a day on both DDs and UDs?

On DDs, I eat only in the evenings, but on UDs, I eat "normal". I have to say tho that I don't eat as much as I used to, period!

No.. On DD only i dont let food enter the picture, which works for me.. ON and UD i start eating as soon as i get to work at 10 am.(bordom) sets in .. i think im hungry! lol.. When i start to eat on an UD i usally put food in like its a task for me every two hours.. That is so i can get to my goal caloires of 2050 by days end.. WHen i dont put somthing in every two hours i find my self not remembering to eat..like its another DD..Its actually a challange for me to rember to eat due to i am not hungry.. I am weird like that.. :dunno:

sungoddess 03-23-2012 08:34 AM

Our bodies are all so unique! That is why one exact plan can't work for everyone I think. Who would have thought an egg could do that? I think we all have some trigger foods.

I thought I had my carb issues well under control on JUDDD . I have had many a binge after eating carbs and sugar prior to JUDDD. I have been eating some carbs and sugar on JUDDD and having no binge behavior. Then the other day I bought a bag of kettle chips with sea salt to take to an event. I opened it and ate 12 and folded up the bag. Oh oh.... that familiar behavior was back. A little voice started up in my head calling me to eat more. ( didn't I remember the jingle that you can't just eat one, or 12 in my case?) :annoyed: Then it happened. I ate the whole bag and felt hungry the rest of the day. Major hungry. No more potato chips for me.

On a DD, I am fine as long as I do not eat. Once I eat anything, the hunger turns on.

Glad you found what triggered your huger Beeb.

krow134 03-23-2012 09:05 AM

I am like that with fried eggs and hard boiled eggs. If I made an omelet or scramble them. I am usually good! I think the scrambled or omelet form is a mind over matter and I think I am eating more.

Lianora Mosswood 03-23-2012 10:05 AM

I am another one where ANY food on a DD gets me going, except for a little HWC or CO in my coffee, so I delay my first bite as long as I can. I have had too many DD turn into MD by starting to eat too soon.

shelbyla 03-23-2012 12:51 PM

I think I am exactly the opposite of a lot here. On DDs, I need to eat throughout the day. If I wait, I end up WAAAAY overeating. If I have a little breakfast, a little lunch and a little dinner, that seems to work best to avoid the end of DD binge. :dunno:

gotsomeold 03-23-2012 01:28 PM

I have never been a breakfast eater. DD or UD, 100 cals of hwc in my coffee then eat in the afternoon.

I tried eggs for breakfast on LC 'cause someone said protein for breakfast really helped weight loss. So, I ate and egg and found I was hungry again in minutes and stayed hungry all day. After rinse and repeat a few times I gave up both egss and breakfast.

Beeb 03-23-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15521103)
I have never been a breakfast eater. DD or UD, 100 cals of hwc in my coffee then eat in the afternoon.

I tried eggs for breakfast on LC 'cause someone said protein for breakfast really helped weight loss. So, I ate and egg and found I was hungry again in minutes and stayed hungry all day. After rinse and repeat a few times I gave up both egss and breakfast.

This is what I'm talking about! I usually can go hours on a small bowl of oatmeal but give me that egg and I'm hungry right away!! Glad to see I'm not the only one like this! :high5::shake:

KathyL 03-23-2012 05:46 PM

Very interesting. I tend to not eat breakfast at all. I have tried off and on for many years because 'they' say that's what you are supposed to do. But when I do I generally end up eating more throughout the day. I love having a big brunch though and when I do I'm usually set until dinner. Even on UDs the most I'll have for breakfast is a protein smoothie after my workout.....which usually isn't until 10 or 11.

I'm another who just eats one meal on DDs. Doing it that way I often don't even think of eating until dinner time. And sometimes not even then. LOL

oropendola 03-23-2012 06:09 PM

Likewise, when I start eating, I get hungry. I tend to avoid it until absolutely necessary then nibble on hot almond gluc pudding/cereal for a few hours. Then some gluc jello with water and SF syrup. That usually gets me to dinner and then I'm ok with another gluc SF snack or a protein shake. I usually have 6-8 mugs of hot tea on DDs too.

Low Carb Librarian 03-23-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15521347)
This is what I'm talking about! I usually can go hours on a small bowl of oatmeal but give me that egg and I'm hungry right away!! Glad to see I'm not the only one like this! :high5::shake:

Oatmeal make me hungry... By the time I get to work I want to eat again!
:dunno:

Beeb 03-23-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 15521969)
Oatmeal make me hungry... By the time I get to work I want to eat again!
:dunno:

I love how we are all so different!! :high5: I have found carbs are what keeps me the fullest, longest. I tend to go for that piece of toast now instead of those nuts because with the toast (whole grain, of course) I'm just so nice a full forever but the fat/protein in the nuts is like a "drug" to me and I just want more and more! :stars::eek:

KeirasMom 03-23-2012 07:56 PM

I'm sort of middle-of-the-road. I need some bulky carbs and a bit of protein, though I don't really need fat to feel satisfied. :dunno:

My go-to DD lunch lately has been one roma tomato, one peeled cucumber, 2.7 oz tuna and WF 1000 island dressing. It's got a bit of everything and keeps me satisfied for hours!

itsmeshelly01 03-23-2012 08:01 PM

I know what you mean about the eggs. I can eat eggs and bacon and be hungry an hour later but oatmeal keeps me full. During the week on DDs I do a protein shake about 10 or so. If I eat real food it makes me want to eat. On the weekend I have found that a quarter cup cooked steel cut oats mixed with quarter cup cottage cheese, cinnamon, sweetener keeps me full forever. I also add my coconut oil to this. Very filling and yummy.

mykidsteacher 03-24-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelbyla (Post 15521009)
I think I am exactly the opposite of a lot here. On DDs, I need to eat throughout the day. If I wait, I end up WAAAAY overeating. If I have a little breakfast, a little lunch and a little dinner, that seems to work best to avoid the end of DD binge. :dunno:

This is me too. 2 scrambled eggs can keep me going for hours. A bowl of oatmeal or some toast, and I'm starving in 15 minutes. Too bad I can't do eggs anymore.

I love how we are all different, and how we are all learning these things about ourselves thanks to JUDDD.

I found out that artificial sweeteners are a HUGE craving trigger for me. Never had any idea. I don't know if it's the fact that we are writing everything down so we see the connections better, or what. But it does seem everyone becomes so much more in tune with their trigger foods and issues.

mttemple4 03-24-2012 01:51 PM

This is so interesting! Eggs for breakfast has been nothing short of a revolution in my life for the past year. LOL! Who knew that I could eat breakfast and NOT be starving in an hour?