Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   LET'S HAVE A BB DAY! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764167-lets-have-bb-day.html)

Eieio 03-23-2012 07:13 AM

LET'S HAVE A BB DAY!

Since I went shopping yesterday. I'm set, maybe others haven't bought knew spring shorts, Capri, etc. Yet. I had mentioned this a week or two ago.
I'd LOVE to have a Bright Bottom Day for all Judders.
Thinking of Miss SOFIETHE CAT. I did this for her and any other people that are shining.
Myself as far as not wanting to be seen. My childhood was spent in shyness.
I was so shy that I did bad in school. I didn't want to talk or be talked to by teachers, most the kids too. I was hurting myself from being so recluse. as a young adult, some how came to terms with it. I didn't just snapped out of it, it took a lot of bucking up and knew I had to do better. NOW I'm not shy but still quiet at times around people. But I ain't shy, thank u Lord.
I plan to wear my knew bright turquoise capri's and a white top this Saturday Man anyone can see me for a mile away. I love it.
Anyone else game for SATURDAY I hope?! Any bright color!!

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 07:32 AM

Well girl you are goin to fit in here just fine! We :welcome: you with open arms and will be just as BOLD as you are..You are goin to look great in that turquoise capries and white top this saturday!! Enjoy being you.. for i know we will enjoy hearing from you as you venture out of your SHELL!! :hugs: I have yet to break out of my own shell.. but i am working on it! Not quite as brave as you with wearing anything other than BLACK on my bottom... but some day... i will !! :jumpjoy:

KathyL 03-23-2012 07:37 AM

Oooooooh, I just got a pair of capris that are blue and white plaid. I love them! Paired with a white top, white sandals and blue dangle-y earrings and I'm set to go. Weather is supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow too!

I was shy to the extreme as a kid too. But I honestly never came out of it. Then a few years ago I started a soap business and had to meet and talk it up with customers all the time at the farmers markets and festivals where I sold. That really helped draw me out. Then last year when I lost so much weight it really boosted my confidence and I just blossomed. :)

Eieio 03-23-2012 07:44 AM

GREAT KathyL u r going to play.
I just went into my closet.
i was wrong about my capris color, they are Tangerine color.
I love plaids!
Party is on!
It's suppose to be a gorgous weekend here to in sw mo.
FUN FUN!

Eieio 03-23-2012 07:49 AM

Oh SterlingG
Ive been out of my shell for over 30 years.
I would of gotten now where.
I was bound and determined I had to change.
hoping u will play the BB day that comes around,
We also need cheerleaders. Ur a great one.

Eieio 03-23-2012 07:49 AM

Be a BBJUDDD SATURDAY.

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 08:52 AM

I will cheer ya all on!!! WOOHOO.. and will think of you this weekend!!! :jumpjoy:

KeirasMom 03-23-2012 08:59 AM

I have nothing that isn't black, brown, or grey. I'll cheer you all on from the sidelines!

babykinz 03-23-2012 09:19 AM

I LOVE Color, my closet is full pastels.
my favorite capris are white, worn with one of my many tie dye shirts.
I was so shy when I was younger, I literally hid in the shadows..Its one thing I have enjoyed about aging....not giving a flying fart what other people think.

Yam-Yam 03-23-2012 09:32 AM

I'm in. My favorite capris are blue w/ white polka dots. Don't laugh. They are really, really cute!

I also have some white ones with gold bling on the back pockets. Maybe I'll where the polka dot ones in the morning and the gold bling in the afternoon. :hyst:

synger 03-23-2012 10:39 AM

Bright bottoms? Not for another 50 pounds or so. I'm so brain-washed about trying to hide my big bottom and belly that's it's only been in the past year that I've moved away from baggy dresses to actual pants for work.

My pants, even shorts and hiking pants, are black, tan, grey, or khaki. Nothing bright here at all!

Eieio 03-23-2012 10:44 AM

Plaids, Polka dots, WHITE, Tangerine!
Good start we have.

KeirasMom 03-23-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synger (Post 15520636)
Bright bottoms? Not for another 50 pounds or so. I'm so brain-washed about trying to hide my big bottom and belly that's it's only been in the past year that I've moved away from baggy dresses to actual pants for work.

My pants, even shorts and hiking pants, are black, tan, grey, or khaki. Nothing bright here at all!

Shorts? What are those?! :hyst:

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15520804)
Shorts? What are those?! :hyst:

:hyst: I hear ya on that one..:hyst: even more :stars:is.. what is a swim suit?:rofl:

KeirasMom 03-23-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 15520833)
:hyst: I hear ya on that one..:hyst: even more :stars:is.. what is a swim suit?:rofl:

Oh! Shorts are what you absolutely make sure you wear OVER the swimsuit! I vaguely remember those days.

sophiethecat 03-23-2012 12:18 PM

We are going out of town and I won't have time to check the forum until tomorrow night. I wanted to give EI :hugs: and everyone :hugs:.

And to say I love this idea, EI! :) I don't have any bright bottoms. All my pants are brown and black. But if we can expand this to include bright TOPS I'm all in! I was already going to wear one of my Goodwill finds - a robin-egg blue short-sleeved sweater with a fuschia zip-up sweater over it, if I'm cold.

KathyL 03-23-2012 12:20 PM

I still wear shorts with my swimsuit. Actually, I wear a swim 'skirt' with bike shorts underneath. No way am I climbing up a pool ladder with someone behind me looking at my butt only covered with the same amount of fabric as my underwear. LOL

Yam-Yam 03-23-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathyL (Post 15520938)
I still wear shorts with my swimsuit. Actually, I wear a swim 'skirt' with bike shorts underneath. No way am I climbing up a pool ladder with someone behind me looking at my butt only covered with the same amount of fabric as my underwear. LOL

So glad our pool does not have a ladder!!:hyst: I never thought of that. Now I will never go into a hotel pool that has a ladder again!!:laugh::eek::eek: (trying to picture what mine must look like from that angle.....):faint:

mattsmama 03-23-2012 12:37 PM

Oh, EI, this is perfect!!
I just got some adorable, bright Hawaiian swim shorts (too modest for a butt-exposing, midriff-baring regular swimsuit:o ) at Sports Authority today for 10 bucks on clearance!!

I will wear them with pride! :shake:

Jbinme 03-23-2012 12:46 PM

I'm in. But I'll be wearing white pants. Not quite warm enough for me to wear capris or shorts.:)

gotsomeold 03-23-2012 12:54 PM

While channel surfing one lunch, I fixated on "Over 40, jewel tones are a no-brainer" on What Not To Wear. Prior to that, I had always worn pastels. I tried some bright colors on and gasped, "### They're right! In bright colors I don't look like I just had a hot date with a vampire!"

So, I will wear my purple jeans, floral T, and green sweater proudly tomorrow!

laranda 03-23-2012 01:37 PM

Ok, how about RED? No guarantees I can squeeze my booty into them, but if I can, I'll be thinking of all of u. Its hard for me to wear non-black on bottom cuz that is wear I carry my weight but we will see :)

Eieio 03-23-2012 01:56 PM

This is just great.
It's cool here today too.
I'm in jeans, stretchy kind very comfortable.
Only kind I buy
Anyway. Nice to av together.
I hope to get out in the garden this weekend.
Even in my knew ORANGE Capri, and my tall mudd boots.
Very muddy though, I need to spread the wood chips between the rolls.
It's an experiment!
We hope the garden grows well.
Hope to take lots of fresh veggies to local food bank. Fingers crossed.
Except my tomatoes, I don't part with them very easy. Hummmm guess I better buy a few more tomatoe pants. Actually I've started all our gArden this year from seeds.
Fun and lots more work at getting it out in the garden. It looks great.
Wow I got off course, sorry. Just excited and running on that dd high everybody enjoy their bright colors!!

sophiethecat 03-23-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15520933)
We are going out of town and I won't have time to check the forum until tomorrow night. I wanted to give EI :hugs: and everyone :hugs:.

And to say I love this idea, EI! :) I don't have any bright bottoms. All my pants are brown and black. But if we can expand this to include bright TOPS I'm all in! I was already going to wear one of my Goodwill finds - a robin-egg blue short-sleeved sweater with a fuschia zip-up sweater over it, if I'm cold.

Well we had a change of plans so not going out of town. I went to Goodwill tonight and looked for "bright bottoms" but didn't find anything in my size.

But I did find several pretty, colorful tops!!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: I'm so glad I'm not afraid of color now like I used to be! Seriously, everything on top or bottom had to be dark - brown, navy, black, maroon, etc. Now I still like dark on the bottom but I'm going for bright, cheery or pastel colors on top! :jumpjoy:

It was so nice to be able to try thing on and have everything fit and look good! :jumpjoy: That never used to happen. The only top I tried on that didn't fit was because it was too large! That pretty much never used to happen either. :)
I'll try to get pics of these items tomorrow to show ya'll.

sophiethecat 03-23-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eieio (Post 15519874)
Since I went shopping yesterday. I'm set, maybe others haven't bought knew spring shorts, Capri, etc. Yet. I had mentioned this a week or two ago.
I'd LOVE to have a Bright Bottom Day for all Judders.
Thinking of Miss SOFIETHE CAT. I did this for her and any other people that are shining.
Myself as far as not wanting to be seen. My childhood was spent in shyness.
I was so shy that I did bad in school. I didn't want to talk or be talked to by teachers, most the kids too. I was hurting myself from being so recluse. as a young adult, some how came to terms with it. I didn't just snapped out of it, it took a lot of bucking up and knew I had to do better. NOW I'm not shy but still quiet at times around people. But I ain't shy, thank u Lord.
I plan to wear my knew bright turquoise capri's and a white top this Saturday Man anyone can see me for a mile away. I love it.
Anyone else game for SATURDAY I hope?! Any bright color!!

Thank you, EI! :hugs:

I was shy too. I never knew what to say, or was afraid I'd just sound stupid, so often I didn't say anything at all. :sad: Now I don't care that I sound stupid, lol! :laugh: I'm not exactly miss outgoing - sometimes I am quite the home-body, but I'm much happier with everything now in my adult life and I enjoy everything.

I'm not color-shy anymore at least! :jumpjoy: Not on top anyway, and that is a big improvement for me!

So as I said, I have nothing to wear yet that would be bright bottoms (though I looked at Goodwill) but I'll be all a-bloom tomorrow on top, lol.

sophiethecat 03-23-2012 09:37 PM

Just two of my Goodwill finds today! :) It's technically BBDay here (or BTDay for me, hehe) though late at night, and since I'm not sleepy yet I decided to go ahead and take some pics. I just wish the photo booth app on my laptop took more details because these tops are prettier IRL than they look in the photos. The knit designs (or whatever they're called) in some of the tops don't show up well. Anyway...

This one has a "sci-fi uniform" neckline that I think is cool. :)

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5...120322at23.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2...120323at00.jpg

oropendola 03-23-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eieio (Post 15520003)
Oh SterlingG
Ive been out of my shell for over 30 years.
I would of gotten now where.
I was bound and determined I had to change.
hoping u will play the BB day that comes around,
We also need cheerleaders. Ur a great one.

I'm with SterlingG The only pants in my closet right now are black and navy. I'll be cheering on from the sidelines. Bring back some good stories. We're living vicariously. :)

:jumpjoy: go go go :jumpjoy:

oropendola 03-23-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15522248)
Just two of my Goodwill finds today! :) It's technically BBDay here (or BTDay for me, hehe) though late at night, and since I'm not sleepy yet I decided to go ahead and take some pics. I just wish the photo booth app on my laptop took more details because these tops are prettier IRL than they look in the photos. The knit designs (or whatever they're called) in some of the tops don't show up well. Anyway...

This one has a "sci-fi uniform" neckline that I think is cool. :)

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5...120322at23.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2...120323at00.jpg

Nice tops!

gotsomeold 03-24-2012 03:31 AM

Sophie, YOU look great! And the tops are nice too.

Jbinme 03-24-2012 03:36 AM

Cute tops Sophie! Love them!