Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   breakthrough! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764158-breakthrough.html)

gotsomeold 03-23-2012 06:13 AM

breakthrough!

:cool:Friday, three weeks ago (UD) I hit a new low of 152.8 :clap:

For the next three weeks I bounced between 154.6 and 152.4 :stars:

Strange, that never happened on JUDDD before :cry:

The second week I noticed my energy, which is always pretty full-tilt-boogie, was breaking sound barriers and I 'felt' different :lol:

My clothes felt different too :confused:

I got out my trusty tape measure and realized my weight might be stable but inches were dropping like inebriated ducks in a wind tunnel :eek:

So I waited :dunno:

This morning, after a DD, the scale says 150.4 :jumpjoy:

Moral of the story:
(I am torn with this one. I can think of so many. Please fill in what you think the moral of this story is.)
:sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:

KeirasMom 03-23-2012 06:24 AM

So wonderful! WTG Nancy! I so need to get some of your energy as well as some of your patience! You rock! :sing:

carla70 03-23-2012 06:26 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: way to go! AWESOME

SoHappy 03-23-2012 06:28 AM

Woo Hoo! :kicking:

Patience on this plan pays off in such major dividends!

Sounds like your body paused very briefly, did a little reshaping of itself, and is now set to move downward some more. How exciting. :clap:

sunday 03-23-2012 06:38 AM

:shake: Woot!!! :jumpjoy: I am so thrilled to hear this! I can't wait to drop one size!!! I feel like it is around the bend!

northandcold23 03-23-2012 06:42 AM

Awesome!!! :jumpjoy: I can feel your energy!!!

Kissa 03-23-2012 06:51 AM

And the moral of the story is...

Keep on keeping on!

SO thrilled for you Nancy, :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Dawn007 03-23-2012 07:34 AM

Way to go Nancy! I am bouncing this morning. Kind of a bummer. I hope it stops bouncing. I am up .6 of a pound after a DD! I seem to be gaining after DD and losing after UP which is wrong. Doesn't make sense.

I just know your loss will stick!:clap:

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 07:38 AM

Wooo hooo girl!!!:jumpjoy: i feel your energy too.. its goin to keep me moving forward on this woe as well.. So proud to be a member of this awsome group!! :heart::congrats:

becky123abc 03-23-2012 07:41 AM

Oh how wonderful,,, I long for that energy increase just as much as I long for the weightless!,,

KathyL 03-23-2012 07:42 AM

Fantastic!

I thought I'd like to lose a couple more pounds but it isn't happening. I do know I've lost inches by the way things are fitting so I'm learning not to let the numbers mess with my head. LOL

chelsearose 03-23-2012 07:51 AM

yay for the breakthrough!

I love reading posts like this. Thanks so much for taking the time to share the glad tidings.

Sammyann 03-23-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn007 (Post 15519944)
Way to go Nancy! I am bouncing this morning. Kind of a bummer. I hope it stops bouncing. I am up .6 of a pound after a DD! I seem to be gaining after DD and losing after UP which is wrong. Doesn't make sense.

Me too, Dawn.

Nancy, that's awesome!!! :jumpjoy:

Jbinme 03-23-2012 07:54 AM

You make me smile! :D awesome! You are :sing: it!!

Beeb 03-23-2012 08:08 AM

:hugs::jumpjoy::high5::shake:

Moral of the story: It pays to be patient and just wait it out!! :up::clap:

OH and measuring really does make a different in our outlook in our weight loss journey, especially on JUDDD!

Beeb 03-23-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn007 (Post 15519944)

Not "wrong" but what YOUR body wants to do right now! Sometimes we need to look at it as "making sense VS making progress"!

HTH! :hugs:

PS...please forgive the thread jump, Nancy!!

Eieio 03-23-2012 08:15 AM

Awesome!
So go get ur bottoms picked out for tmw's BBD! Smile

sungoddess 03-23-2012 08:25 AM

The moral of the story is... patience is a virtue!!

Nancy, my girl, this is just awesome and I am thrilled for you!:jumpjoy:

I have seen this during various times. Weight loss on the scale doesn't show, but the body is reshifting and reshaping. We referred to that often when I did HCG. Then all of a sudden.... poof, the body lets go and the scale, she drops!!!

woo hoo Nancy!!:weigh:

theredhead 03-23-2012 08:29 AM

Way to go, girlie! I'm noticing that I still seem to be getting smaller, although I'm happy to stay at the same weight. Cool! :cool:

krow134 03-23-2012 08:32 AM

wtg!!!i! I love threads like this! so happy for your progress! Its always nice when this happens!

Luna Loca 03-23-2012 09:30 AM

Woo hoo! Fantastic progress and how nice to see smaller sizes. Frankly, the number on the scale matters less than how you look (and feel). Nobody sees that number but you.

You rock!

Yam-Yam 03-23-2012 09:37 AM

Moral of the story: When the inches start melting the pounds will soon be a-droppin'!!! WTG!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I keep telling people this because that's what happens to me. First the inches, then the scale drop. Makes sense!:sing:

2BoysMom 03-23-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15519645)
I got out my trusty tape measure and realized my weight might be stable but inches were dropping like inebriated ducks in a wind tunnel :eek:

Oh my Lord....that made me snort! :hyst::hyst::hyst:

But what an awesome report!!!!

I am still waiting on that energy burst - well, I was. Now I think I will just wait for the drunken ducks. :hyst:

sophiethecat 03-23-2012 05:36 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Whooo hooo, Nancy! :love: I loved reading this fabulous report! Congratulations, my JUDDD bud! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Your patience paid off! :high5:

oropendola 03-23-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

The second week I noticed my energy, which is always pretty full-tilt-boogie, was breaking sound barriers and I 'felt' different :lol:

Moral of the story:
(I am torn with this one. I can think of so many. Please fill in what you think the moral of this story is.)

:rofl: Beware inebriated ducks, your weight will drop it like it's hot!
:jumpjoy::high5: Congratulations!

Speck333 03-23-2012 09:38 PM

That's awesome, Nancy! I can soooo relate!
I haven't been losing much scale-wise, but I noticed last week my clothes are loser. Today, discouraged after a not so stellar down day weigh, I got out my tape measure. I don't remember the last time I measured (been months at least), but I remember the numbers. I have lost 1/2 inch around my natural waist and 3 inches off my BELLY. I honestly don't get how a person loses inches without dropping pounds, but it's happened to me, too.

gotsomeold 03-24-2012 03:42 AM

I try to remember to measure and log every two weeks. I like the idea of thrifting slightly too-small clothes and using them as a measure. When they fit, something is gone. Gonna do that!

MintQ8 03-24-2012 04:48 AM

Great news!! So happy for you!!

b_lou_who 03-24-2012 08:54 AM

so thrilled right alongside you!!

leonak 03-24-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Moral of the story:

Moral of story - size does indeed matter! :jumpjoy:

WTG Girl!:high5::shake::jumpjoy::clap::up::yummy: