Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 2,007
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
What is our true weight?~

With the constant bounce of the scale from day to day.. How do we know what we really weigh? IF i were to be required to put my weight down for say "medicne based question "on how much we weigh.. how do you post that? Can't really put down between 203-206... What are your thoughts on this.. My sister asked me this yesterday and I really did not know how to answer.I would like to say... i would go with the lower number even though it may bounce up by the next day but, really not sure.
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
something to think about. Probably what ever it is on that specific day. I have a dr appt coming next month. What ever the scale says when I step on it!
But let's say I was renewing my drivers license then I would go with the lowest because I can!!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 2,007
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
something to think about. Probably what ever it is on that specific day. I have a dr appt coming next month. What ever the scale says when I step on it!
But let's say I was renewing my drivers license then I would go with the lowest because I can!!
Good answer on the driver license!! I think i would also use that number.. I personally report that what ever my new low was when talking to people that is my weight.. its to hard to keep changing the number when say .. some one says."how much have you lost?" to say.. ummm between 20 and 22 pounds,, how confusing would that be lol
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,744
Gallery: adillenal
They don't ask for your weight on our drivers' license, just the height.
And I really don't think 2 or 3 pounds would make adifference in any situation.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
They don't ask for your weight on our drivers' license, just the height.
And I really don't think 2 or 3 pounds would make adifference in any situation.
My drivers licence has weight on it. I just looked and mine says 30lbs more than I am now!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,860
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
If you weigh daily, take the next big step and chart your bounces. After awhile, you will probably see a pattern and begin to be comfortable with 'I have chosen this pattern, this is what I weigh".

I usually bounce around a new low for two or three DDs. So, after the third time I consider the new low my weight.

Oh giggle, I went to the doctor this week. Their scale showed me, fully dressed, three pounds lower than the lowest weight I have achieved on my home scale. Which raises the ancillary question: is it wrong to steal someone's scale if we really like the calibration?

Whoo-Ha in celebration Jbinme!
__________________
- Nancy
GOAL 10/3/12
Still at goal 2/6/13
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Gotsomeold-you could always substract 3 from whatever your scale says at home! Then what would that make it without the clothes??
If it's one of those scales I'm picturing at the dr office, it might be hard to sneek that out. Maybe under a BIG coat??
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 2,007
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
If you weigh daily, take the next big step and chart your bounces. After awhile, you will probably see a pattern and begin to be comfortable with 'I have chosen this pattern, this is what I weigh".

I usually bounce around a new low for two or three DDs. So, after the third time I consider the new low my weight.

Oh giggle, I went to the doctor this week. Their scale showed me, fully dressed, three pounds lower than the lowest weight I have achieved on my home scale. Which raises the ancillary question: is it wrong to steal someone's scale if we really like the calibration?

Whoo-Ha in celebration Jbinme!
lol.. i decided that im goin tod weigh naked at my next doc visit and ONLY AFTER A DD lol.. dont want those extra pounds to show up any where!!HA!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Nancy, I can just picture you sneaking a scale out!

I do the same as Nancy, I avg my weight for the week and that is my current weight. Which by the way, I have been staying smack dab at 3 lbs over my lowest thus far up/down 1 lb. I am sure the stress that I deal with at this time of year could be some of the problem. I want to claim that low number, but I am refusing to until I can at least hit it twice.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
During weight loss, I always averaged the seven days of the week and noted that weight average every Saturday, and that was my weight. I noted my high weight for the week, and I noted my lowest for the week, but I always thought of the average as *my weight* .. as far as what I would write on the line if I had to be filling out a medical form.

I always knew I would be seeing the lowest weight again, and always hoped I wouldn't see that bounce of the highest weight again, but the week's average was what I identified with, as the number to think of myself as.

*Normal* people who are naturally slim, usually don't weigh themselves very often and don't know that weight fluctuations are normal and happen to everyone. So if they're told at the Doctor's office that their weight is 118, that's what they think of as their weight until the next time they ever step on a scale. I never used to even have a scale years ago when I was skinny. (Why would anyone need a scale? Why would anyone even care?... Little did I know what my future had in store for me! LOL)
__________________
Best wishes, Pat

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-23-2012 at 06:42 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,860
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
i decided that im goin tod weigh naked at my next doc visit and ONLY AFTER A DD
Kimberly schedules a doctor visit: ring ring
"Nope can't make it then - that's just after a UD, nope same problem that day, yes! that day will work very well!"

Later: ring ring
"Sorry, I have to reschedule my appointment, things change and I have to make the day before this appointment a MD. Nope, nope, yes that is a good day!"

Kimberly visits at the doctor's office and gets on the scale:
"....." (on second thought, I think we would all prefer to fill this one in ourselves)

Kimberly calls Nancy and asks the best way to steal a scale.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,046
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nancy you crack me up!

My weight is always what I weigh that morning.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 2,007
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Kimberly schedules a doctor visit: ring ring
"Nope can't make it then - that's just after a UD, nope same problem that day, yes! that day will work very well!"

Later: ring ring
"Sorry, I have to reschedule my appointment, things change and I have to make the day before this appointment a MD. Nope, nope, yes that is a good day!"

Kimberly visits at the doctor's office and gets on the scale:
"....." (on second thought, I think we would all prefer to fill this one in ourselves)

Kimberly calls Nancy and asks the best way to steal a scale.
Ya know what Nancy.. I LOVE U.. no doubt about it.. you are soo full of life it really keeps me going!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SE Nebraska
Posts: 554
Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Fun thread.

When I was losing my scale didn't bounce so much (was not doing JUDDD) so it was just whatever I hit that day. For me now, I go with 125. I have been lower before by a couple pounds and when I'm over it's most certainly water weight that I know will drop again.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
.
 
ravenrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 9,664
Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
it's not that accurate! most weights assume you are "fully clothed" including shoes, and most of us weigh naked, right? so right off, there's about five pounds difference. anything in the ballpark is fine. do you think the average person has a clue how much they weigh? the can have gained 20 lbs and be in denial...

if they care, they will weigh you themselves!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 2,007
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
it's not that accurate! most weights assume you are "fully clothed" including shoes, and most of us weigh naked, right? so right off, there's about five pounds difference. anything in the ballpark is fine. do you think the average person has a clue how much they weigh? the can have gained 20 lbs and be in denial...

if they care, they will weigh you themselves!
that was my naked weight Was just kind of pondering.. so i can claim every pound i can!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
gotitnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,040
Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Kimberly...See??.....We NEED to live across the street from Nancy!!!!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 2,007
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Kimberly...See??.....We NEED to live across the street from Nancy!!!!!!

Phyl
that would be great! So much fun too
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.