Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What is our true weight?~ (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764133-what-our-true-weight.html)

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 04:27 AM

What is our true weight?~
 
:dunno:With the constant bounce of the scale from day to day.. How do we know what we really weigh? IF i were to be required to put my weight down for say "medicne based question "on how much we weigh.. how do you post that? Can't really put down between 203-206... What are your thoughts on this.. My sister asked me this yesterday and I really did not know how to answer.:dunno:I would like to say... i would go with the lower number even though it may bounce up by the next day but, really not sure.:heart:

Jbinme 03-23-2012 04:35 AM

:dunno: something to think about. Probably what ever it is on that specific day. I have a dr appt coming next month. What ever the scale says when I step on it!
But let's say I was renewing my drivers license then I would go with the lowest because I can!!:)

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbinme (Post 15519314)
:dunno: something to think about. Probably what ever it is on that specific day. I have a dr appt coming next month. What ever the scale says when I step on it!
But let's say I was renewing my drivers license then I would go with the lowest because I can!!:)

:shake:Good answer on the driver license!! I think i would also use that number.. I personally report that what ever my new low was when talking to people that is my weight.. its to hard to keep changing the number when say .. some one says."how much have you lost?" to say.. ummm between 20 and 22 pounds,, how confusing would that be lol:o

adillenal 03-23-2012 05:12 AM

They don't ask for your weight on our drivers' license, just the height.
And I really don't think 2 or 3 pounds would make adifference in any situation.

Jbinme 03-23-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 15519365)
They don't ask for your weight on our drivers' license, just the height.
And I really don't think 2 or 3 pounds would make adifference in any situation.

My drivers licence has weight on it. I just looked and mine says 30lbs more than I am now! :jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 03-23-2012 05:33 AM

If you weigh daily, take the next big step and chart your bounces. After awhile, you will probably see a pattern and begin to be comfortable with 'I have chosen this pattern, this is what I weigh".

I usually bounce around a new low for two or three DDs. So, after the third time I consider the new low my weight.

Oh giggle, I went to the doctor this week. Their scale showed me, fully dressed, three pounds lower than the lowest weight I have achieved on my home scale. Which raises the ancillary question: is it wrong to steal someone's scale if we really like the calibration?

Whoo-Ha in celebration Jbinme!

Jbinme 03-23-2012 05:45 AM

Gotsomeold-you could always substract 3 from whatever your scale says at home! Then what would that make it without the clothes??
If it's one of those scales I'm picturing at the dr office, it might be hard to sneek that out. Maybe under a BIG coat?? :hyst::hyst:

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15519401)
If you weigh daily, take the next big step and chart your bounces. After awhile, you will probably see a pattern and begin to be comfortable with 'I have chosen this pattern, this is what I weigh".

I usually bounce around a new low for two or three DDs. So, after the third time I consider the new low my weight.

Oh giggle, I went to the doctor this week. Their scale showed me, fully dressed, three pounds lower than the lowest weight I have achieved on my home scale. Which raises the ancillary question: is it wrong to steal someone's scale if we really like the calibration?

Whoo-Ha in celebration Jbinme!

:high5:lol.. i decided that im goin tod weigh naked at my next doc visit and ONLY AFTER A DD lol.. dont want those extra pounds to show up any where!!HA!:rofl:

sunday 03-23-2012 06:19 AM

:lol: Nancy, I can just picture you sneaking a scale out! :hyst:

I do the same as Nancy, I avg my weight for the week and that is my current weight. Which by the way, I have been staying smack dab at 3 lbs over my lowest thus far up/down 1 lb. I am sure the stress that I deal with at this time of year could be some of the problem. :dunno: I want to claim that low number, but I am refusing to until I can at least hit it twice. :cry:

SoHappy 03-23-2012 06:40 AM

During weight loss, I always averaged the seven days of the week and noted that weight average every Saturday, and that was my weight. I noted my high weight for the week, and I noted my lowest for the week, but I always thought of the average as *my weight* .. as far as what I would write on the line if I had to be filling out a medical form.

I always knew I would be seeing the lowest weight again, and always hoped I wouldn't see that bounce of the highest weight again, but the week's average was what I identified with, as the number to think of myself as.

*Normal* people who are naturally slim, usually don't weigh themselves very often and don't know that weight fluctuations are normal and happen to everyone. So if they're told at the Doctor's office that their weight is 118, that's what they think of as their weight until the next time they ever step on a scale. I never used to even have a scale years ago when I was skinny. (Why would anyone need a scale? Why would anyone even care?... Little did I know what my future had in store for me! LOL)

gotsomeold 03-23-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 15519439)
i decided that im goin tod weigh naked at my next doc visit and ONLY AFTER A DD

Kimberly schedules a doctor visit: ring ring
"Nope can't make it then - that's just after a UD, nope same problem that day, yes! that day will work very well!"

Later: ring ring
"Sorry, I have to reschedule my appointment, things change and I have to make the day before this appointment a MD. Nope, nope, yes that is a good day!"

Kimberly visits at the doctor's office and gets on the scale:
"....." (on second thought, I think we would all prefer to fill this one in ourselves)

Kimberly calls Nancy and asks the best way to steal a scale.

Jbinme 03-23-2012 07:03 AM

:hyst::hyst::hyst:

Kissa 03-23-2012 07:11 AM

Nancy you crack me up!

My weight is always what I weigh that morning. :)

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15519588)
Kimberly schedules a doctor visit: ring ring
"Nope can't make it then - that's just after a UD, nope same problem that day, yes! that day will work very well!"

Later: ring ring
"Sorry, I have to reschedule my appointment, things change and I have to make the day before this appointment a MD. Nope, nope, yes that is a good day!"

Kimberly visits at the doctor's office and gets on the scale:
"....." (on second thought, I think we would all prefer to fill this one in ourselves)

Kimberly calls Nancy and asks the best way to steal a scale.

:hyst::hyst: Ya know what Nancy.. I LOVE U.. no doubt about it.. you are soo full of life it really keeps me going!!:hugs:

KathyL 03-23-2012 08:47 AM

Fun thread.

When I was losing my scale didn't bounce so much (was not doing JUDDD) so it was just whatever I hit that day. For me now, I go with 125. I have been lower before by a couple pounds and when I'm over it's most certainly water weight that I know will drop again.

ravenrose 03-23-2012 12:07 PM

it's not that accurate! most weights assume you are "fully clothed" including shoes, and most of us weigh naked, right? so right off, there's about five pounds difference. anything in the ballpark is fine. do you think the average person has a clue how much they weigh? the can have gained 20 lbs and be in denial...

if they care, they will weigh you themselves!

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenrose (Post 15520709)
it's not that accurate! most weights assume you are "fully clothed" including shoes, and most of us weigh naked, right? so right off, there's about five pounds difference. anything in the ballpark is fine. do you think the average person has a clue how much they weigh? the can have gained 20 lbs and be in denial...

if they care, they will weigh you themselves!

:hyst: that was my naked weight:rofl: Was just kind of pondering.. so i can claim every pound i can!! :):jumpjoy:

gotitnow 03-23-2012 05:00 PM

Kimberly...See??.....We NEED to live across the street from Nancy!!!!!!:hyst:

Phyl:heart:

sterlinggirl 03-23-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 15521462)
Kimberly...See??.....We NEED to live across the street from Nancy!!!!!!:hyst:

Phyl:heart:

:hyst: that would be great! So much fun too :heart:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 AM.