Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
any SERIOUS carb addicts able to stick to JUDDD ok?

ok, i went out bought some stuff but im still a
liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle scared about the carbs =)

just wondering if anyone out there was a SERIOUS carb/sugar addicts
that have been ok on Juddd.

obviously i think this is one of the biggest reason LCs like myself
would be scared to make the move.

im going to but im still a little on shaky ground actually putting carbs in me after a month of zero lol

THANKS as always!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I eat carbs like they're going out of style and am doing great on JUDDD.

Now to be fair, I was eating carbs before I started, I was doing a low-calorie diet, typical about 200 carbs per day mostly from fruit, veggies and whole grains. But since I've been on JUDDD I've had sugar, cake, cookies, etc. As long as I fit it into my numbers, it's fine for me.

Your mileage may vary.

Lots of people do stay low carb on JUDDD, at least at first, so you have that option if you want.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I also eat carbs and am probably a carb addict. I do just fine.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I love carbs although I lost weight on VLC I just didn't want that to be my diet for the rest of my life. I am surviving just fine eating carbs.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well the carb i eat are from veggys, and grain.. but i have not added any real sugar back and i probally wont.. not missing potatoes or pasta yet, so why eat it.. and if i need that sweet treat i usally eat an atkins bar. or blueberrys.. so i guess most would call this moderate carbs..... Also to answer your question.. JUDDD dont tell us WHAt to eat.. JUDDD just defines how many caloires we put in according to our OWN food choices.. so try not to look at it like you HAVE to add CARBS back in if that is your choice... but make it your choice.. not one out of fear. Any WOe needs be somthing we can do for the rest of our life... not just the REST OF THE WEIGHT we need to lose IMO.. if that make any sence.. good luck!!

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 03-22-2012 at 03:01 PM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post

im going to but im still a little on shaky ground actually putting carbs in me after a month of zero lol

THANKS as always!

Raising both hands!!!

Listen to Luna. She has lost 120 pounds, am I right, Luna? And she is amazing!

I am a serious, serious carb addict. You know the old commercial "Lay's potato chips...you can't eat just one!" for me it was "potato chips...I cannot eat just one TWO POUND BAG!" Mashed potatoes? Forget about it. Don't get me started....literally. I used to buy a bag of chocolate chips to bake cookies. Then I'd eat them all and have to go back and buy more. (I mean I would eat the bag of chocolate chips before even making the dough!)

When I started JUDDing, I went so carb crazy my first couple of UDs (it was the Christmas holidays) that I pulled back and decided I would just do LC/JUDD.

But then I read some posts and one especially helped me. It was about introducing them slowly and only whole grain and veggie type carbs. The poster said if she started eating carbs regularly and noticed that her cravings seemed to be increasing, she would just pull back on them for a few days and the cravings would go away.

So, that's what I started to do. Lots of veggies and brown, basmatti rice in the beginning.

Now, I'm able to eat a lot more (even potato chips at DDs house last week!) on UDs and not have cravings for more.

Yesterday was an UD. I had 2 bowls of oatmeal (steel cut). I had whole wheat bread for a deli sandwich. I had lasagna! Honestly lasagna! It was whole wheat noodles but seriously, I like those better than the white ones. I also earlier in the day had a cabbage, whole wheat noodle, turkey casserole with some cheese! And, I had wine with dinner last night and some trisket crackers. The scale was DOWN A POUND this morning, after an UD. That usually didn't happen in the beginning.

Something miraculous happens to our bodies after a few weeks of rotations where we keep our DDs low. The magic SIRT1 gene kicks in and does all kinds of things, including regulating the appetite. Honestly, I don't crave the wrong things. Or, if I do want something, I don't feel like I have to "eat the whole bag".

I actually went to a Mexican restaurant with a friend and they brought chips and salsa to the table before we even ordered. I ate 12 tortilla chips. I actually found myself counting them! And it was just right. Just enough.

On another note: I was visiting the "Newbies introduce yourself thread" and a guy popped in and asked if we knew if there were any guys on this forum doing JUDD. Maybe you could go back and post an encouraging note to him? I think he was something like "GW123" and I saw his post at the top of the last page.

We JUDD BUDDS gotta help each other out!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-22-2012 at 02:58 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Raising both hands!!!

Awww, shucks. Yam-Yam, you are so sweet you should be high-carb yourself. And I think you're pretty amazing yourself. You've been a pretty big cheerleader for this WOE ever since I got here. So backatcha, sweetie.

To be fair, I didn't lose all of that weight on JUDDD. I wish I had; first off, I'd probably already be at goal, and also I'd only have been dieting half the time instead of all the time! It was hard work. JUDDD is not hard work.

The thing is, this is such a freeing way to eat! You don't want to eat carbs? No problem! You do want to eat carbs? Go for it! The magic is in HOW you eat, not WHAT you eat. That's a total mindset shift for a low-carber--in low-carb, it's all about what and not the how.

Last edited by Luna Loca; 03-22-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Hello Ohio Guy !

I'm a vegetarian (almost vegan but for cheese), I eat carbs for every meal and I'm juuuuuust fine

of course everyone is different but JUDDD magic works, whatever WOE you were on before !
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #9

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:

THANKS as always!
Well... There is this little question for you to think about. Are you just coming to JUDDD in order to be able to eat carbs? Which is fine, don't get me wrong, but so many have emptied themselves of carb fuel, jettisoned the water weight from that.. so lost those water pounds, and then decide to use JUDDD as a carb up plan, but when all the pounds of water weight return from eating carbs again, they freak!

I don't know if this is what you have in mind, and carbs are fine on JUDDD, but I just want you to be aware, if you are low carb now, what to expect when you carb up again.

Now.. From the time I've been doing JUDDD, and I'm in my 2nd year, I am beginning to think that it seems to work even better for those who eat at a higher carb level than we normally see on some plans. And I don't know why that would be. But it seems like over and over, those who eat carbs (without going overboard about it) do every bit as good and better than so many who hold to very low carb levels!

For myself, I eat plenty of carbs. Corn and potatoes and all vegetables of every carb level, and all fruits, which I love so much, and I include grains. I love artisan breads, and I also like sweets, although I don't allow myself to eat desserts all that often. LOL

I am definitely a person who includes all three of the macro-nutrient groups in my diet.

Good luck!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

well im just a freakin sugar addict and have no problems after a few days LCing it.
it all goes away. i just wonder if anyone else was a COMPLETE sugar junk that are able to keep themselves 'straight' here. im going to give it a try of course, but wondering...
going to seem weird the first time i put carbs back in my mouth lol
Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

THANKS as always!
Just so you know you don't HAVE to eat carbs on JUDDD. There's this idea out there that JUDDD is a high carb diet, but as has been said, JUDDD is just a framework for any type of diet you want to do. It's just calorie cycling, whether those calories come from ribeyes or twinkies. Or both.

Yes there are a lot of us eating our carbs on JUDDD because we were thrilled with the prospect of being able to have our cake and eat it too - to not only HAVE to eat LC if we didn't want to. Maybe LC had become wearisome for us in one way or another and we just wanted some carbs, gosh-darnit. lol. Or we weren't losing much weight on LC alone. Or any other reason. It doesn't matter. But yes, there are a lot of us eating low to moderate to high carb on JUDDD. But some still do LC and enjoy that and it works best for their systems. The point is, it's totally up to you if you want to introduce carbs back.

But I know, it can be scary at first. I was scared at first. I remember my first carby UD meal... I couldn't believe I was eating a real sandwich on sourdough bread and a handful of potato chips. Wow. I survived, lol. This was after several months of LC to vLC.

But.... after that first timid UD, I jumped into the carbs, both whole and refined.

It may have not been the best decision I ever made. I recall a few days not feeling so great, sort of a re-carb induction, as my system readjusted to it. But then it was all fine. There were UDs when I ate carbs with wild abandon. There were times I barely ate any. Either way, I still lost weight and did fine because I adhered to my calorie limits.

I am a little more careful with carbs now, at least I try to be for the most part. If I eat, eat, eat the refined carbs, I will notice I am hungrier than I should be, and I get some cravings for sugary things. But I know what this is and that it isn't a cause to suddenly abandon all carbs again forevermore and flee from JUDDD, lol.

At this point, I enjoy fruits and good breads daily. Sometimes potatoes, rice, pasta. But I know there are some things out there I really need to limit. Things like cold cereals, instant oatmeal, doughnuts, cookies, milk chocolates. But I have no trouble avoiding them, and if I do want them, I'm able to limit myself now.

The more time I've been on JUDDD, the COOLER I've become about food... ....the less hold it has on me whether its carby or not... the less big deal the whole -omigosh i ate some carbs- is to me. There's a calmness about it, a relaxation I've never had before.

JUDDD has a way of helping us regulate our appetites, moods, and systems over time so that one has a better attitude and relationship to food, even carbs.

But it takes some time to get there. Introduce carbs SLOWLY if they are a real problem for you, has been some of the best advice I've seen on the topic whenever this comes up on our forum.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-22-2012 at 03:38 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I also eat carbs and am probably a carb addict. I do just fine.
Yup, me too!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Just so you know you don't HAVE to eat carbs on JUDDD. There's this idea out there that JUDDD is a high carb diet, but as has been said, JUDDD is just a framework for any type of diet you want to do. It's just calorie cycling, whether those calories come from ribeyes or twinkies. Or both.

Yes there are a lot of us eating our carbs on JUDDD because we were thrilled with the prospect of being able to have our cake and eat it too - to not only HAVE to eat LC if we didn't want to. Maybe LC had become wearisome for us in one way or another and we just wanted some carbs, gosh-darnit. lol. Or we weren't losing much weight on LC alone. Or any other reason. It doesn't matter. But yes, there are a lot of us eating low to moderate to high carb on JUDDD. But some still do LC and enjoy that and it works best for their systems. The point is, it's totally up to you if you want to introduce carbs back.

But I know, it can be scary at first. I was scared at first. I remember my first carby UD meal... I couldn't believe I was eating a real sandwich on sourdough bread and a handful of potato chips. Wow. I survived, lol. This was after several months of LC to vLC.

But.... after that first timid UD, I jumped into the carbs, both whole and refined.

It may have not been the best decision I ever made. I recall a few days not feeling so great, sort of a re-carb induction, as my system readjusted to it. But then it was all fine. There were UDs when I ate carbs with wild abandon. There were times I barely ate any. Either way, I still lost weight and did fine because I adhered to my calorie limits.

I am a little more careful with carbs now, at least I try to be for the most part. If I eat, eat, eat the refined carbs, I will notice I am hungrier than I should be, and I get some cravings for sugary things. But I know what this is and that it isn't a cause to suddenly abandon all carbs again forevermore and flee from JUDDD, lol.

At this point, I enjoy fruits and good breads daily. Sometimes potatoes, rice, pasta. But I know there are some things out there I really need to limit. Things like cold cereals, instant oatmeal, doughnuts, cookies, milk chocolates. But I have no trouble avoiding them, and if I do want them, I'm able to limit myself now.

The more time I've been on JUDDD, the COOLER I've become about food... ....the less hold it has on me whether its carby or not... the less big deal the whole -omigosh i ate some carbs- is to me. There's a calmness about it, a relaxation I've never had before.

JUDDD has a way of helping us regulate our appetites, moods, and systems over time so that one has a better attitude and relationship to food, even carbs.

But it takes some time to get there. Introduce carbs SLOWLY if they are a real problem for you, has been some of the best advice I've seen on the topic whenever this comes up on our forum.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

i know you dont have to eat carbs or high carb, but for me the beauty of this was giving up eating one day to have a normal next day with friends and family
(to make it as simply stated as possible)
honestly if i was going to lc i would just do what im doing.

but really i was just wondering if there was any hard core sugar heads like me
that had good results =)
regardless im going to give it ago
Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
i know you dont have to eat carbs or high carb, but for me the beauty of this was giving up eating one day to have a normal next day with friends and family

that had good results
=)
Sure, I guess many of us could have been called that.

I mean, I didn't gain my weight from eating salads, yanno? I gained it from sitting around, stuffing my piehole with tons of cookies, candy, chocolate, chips....

LC helped me learn some things about that, and about myself, and coming to JUDDD has helped build on that tremendously.

Give it a try and see how you do with the carbs, Ohioguy. Introduce them slowly since you are much concerned over this. If you eat carbs and find binging or other old, destructive behavior coming on, pull back to LC (still doing JUDDD) and reintroduce carbs again even slower. You have time to get to the place you need to be. You can work there a little at a time. A number of wise ones here are doing it that way.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karinala
Stats: 230/154/155 5'8"
Start Date: 1/12/2012
I am coming off of Atkins and still going very low carb. Honestly, I am a bit scared to add them back because I was quite addicted to carb and sweet foods. I am thinking though that I feel so strongly on the track that my plan is to add a little back at a time, in order to create a reasonable eating method that I can stick to instead of an extreme way of eating that works for the time I am doing it and then I gain it all back. I quite honestly feel more in control of my eating now than I have for quite a few years. I have been doing JUDDD for a little over a week now and know I am a total amateur compared to some of the folks here, but I am a convert already.
Karinala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

that had good results =)
I ate 4 cadbury eggs in one sitting the other day and I frequently eat cake or cookies for breakfast....yes....while on JUDDD in weight loss mode. This morning I had 6 cookies, 4 bites of leftover cake, and a few sips of half and half. Tuesday, I ate 1/2 bag of almond M&Ms.

I feel like I should be at a Sugar-Addicts Anonymous meeting. "Hello, I'm DD80 and I've been a codependent relationship with chocolate for years. I've also had affairs with ice cream, cookies and a few cakes." So embarrassing.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I ate 4 cadbury eggs in one sitting the other day and I frequently eat cake or cookies for breakfast....yes....while on JUDDD in weight loss mode. This morning I had 6 cookies, 4 bites of leftover cake, and a few sips of half and half. Tuesday, I ate 1/2 bag of almond M&Ms.

I feel like I should be at a Sugar-Addicts Anonymous meeting. "Hello, I'm DD80 and I've been a codependent relationship with chocolate for years. I've also had affairs with ice cream, cookies and a few cakes." So embarrassing.

nowwwwww we are talking LOL
seriously.
some people drink to much, some people get hooked on drugs and pain killers.
this person was hooked on SUGAR lol
every night, round 9pm, it was on!
should be interesting to say the least.
sugar tells my brain its hungry rather than be hungry.

i read somewhere that they used sugar to ween rats off heroin.
but then they were more addicted to sugar over heroin
when given the option to take either, they took the sugar.
i must be a rat
=)
Old 03-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
seriously.

i must be a rat
=)
Yes...all that being said though...I try to limit my sugar to once a day. Breakfast is best for me because that's when I crave it the most and when I'm the hungriest. I really try to keep a lid on it because I do have to mind my calories!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
but really i was just wondering if there was any hard core sugar heads like me that had good results =)
That would be me.

As far as I can tell, I was born addicted to carbs, especially sweets. I remember getting up when it was my turn to change or feed a younger sibling and sneaking around in the kitchen, trying not to wake my parents partially because it was my turn to get up and partly because I didn't want them to know I was sneaking sweets (I was five at the time).

Before I hit puberty I understood the up-up-up of a carb high, and the complete crash that followed.

As I grew older, the only things I could not understand were (a) Why didn't I weigh more than I did? and (b) When was diabetes going to arrive?

As an adult, I was able to get control over carbs and sugars...mostly by avoiding them...except during times of stress. The last 10 years were kinda real high stress.

The second week of last September was really bad. I don't think I ate anything but bread, potato, and ice cream, chocolate candy, you name it and I snarfed it. I scared myself.

The third week of last September I started EFGT/LC. Lost 7 pounds and stalled. Did not 'cheat' until the week after Christmas when my elderly father collapsed. I spent the week rushing him to the ER and taking him to doctors. And finishing off every holiday treat I could find.

We got him somewhat stabilized by New Years' Day and I stopped anything resembling carbs and started JUDDD.

I think I am the one Yam-Yam was talking about who re-introduced carbs gradually and very carefully. I began testing during my, I think, third week on JUDDD.

Rice? I grew in Louisiana, there is rice in my veins. Eat a quarter cup of rice, see what happens. I feel a little bit of the blood glucose rise and fall, I get mind hungry. Too early, not enough sirtuin enzymes. Try again next week.

Next week. Rice? Tastes good. No desire to eat more, no rise/fall. Heck, these days I eat a bit of rice (50 calories worth ) on some DDs.

Try bread? Whoa! Definitely not ready for bread yet! Wait a week or two and try again. I eat sandwiches these days.

I tested candy my sixth week. And my seventh week. And my eighth week - bingo!

Somewhere in there I had another crisis to deal with. I thought about sweets - could not stand the thought of what it would do to my blood sugar.

To draw this soap opera to a close. These days I am making exotic truffles and cupcakes as a hobby. I taste the sweets as I make them, to make sure the flavors are right. Then, frequently, I give them to friends and family. Once in awhile, I enjoy one.

Heck, there are bags of different, good chocolates in my pantry - waiting for the next UD I have time to cook (can't sample on DD, too many calories). When I am hungry on DD, I don't even remember they are there.

Yes, Ohio. I truly believe if the eater is properly motivated and proceeds with care, JUDDD can work unbelievable magic.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 03-22-2012 at 05:08 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawn007
Stats: 163/164/148
WOE: Low Carb/ JUDDD
Start Date: January 2007
I have been on LC since 2004. I lost 50 pounds and have kept it off by living mainly LC. I do go off naturally, and every 2 years I need to loose 7-10 pounds and I go back on strict LC. That's where I am now, but gave up when I saw JUDDD here.

Here's the thing I saw someone had posted. If you are LC and JUDD LC, you usually stay LC because you will have a little gain when you start eating carbs. So right off the start, I began with some carbs. Like you, I want to be able to go out and eat with people, and enjoy holidays with family etc. I want my cake and eat it too!

Today I am on a DD, and it is 2 WEEKS TODAY, down 3 pounds.

I was so scared to try this, but I decided I'd just give it a 2 week try. I did gain almost 2 pounds when I raised my calories up to 491, from 326. But the next day I had an UD and ate like mad. The next day it was down again. I don't understand why I have been losing the morning after an UD. But it has been consistent.

Yesterday was an UD and when shopping I bought my favorite ice cream and I ate that to make sure I got my calories in yesterday, oh and Hershey's Kisses! I got up this morning to a woosh and I am down to 155.

Now when I did eat the ice cream I got a tiny bowl and put 1/2 cup in at 175 calories, so you do need to keep an eye on them.

Today is a DD and I just had 2 Hershey's kisses =40 calories. I'll have 2 Cups of popcorn later tonight. This diet is AWESOME

I was really worried but it is so good. I have a really difficult time making myself log my foods/calories. I have never counted calories. I finally have a pad on the kitchen counter-top and I log on it to keep a watch on it.

Dawn
Dawn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Dawn007, you are really rockin'
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawn007
Stats: 163/164/148
WOE: Low Carb/ JUDDD
Start Date: January 2007
Hi Nancy,

Thank you! I am doing it and surprised I am. I still have not finished the book, it is great, I haven't had time. I barely have time to catch up here on the JUDDD thread.

All the great advice here and help that everyone gives is so important and I really appreciate every one!

I will say I was googling something on JUDDD one day, and it gave a suggestion so I clicked on it. I ended up on some old forum from 2009 and the people were criticizing the OP for doing JUDDD and they were rude. None of that goes on here and I just love you all! Thank you!

Dawn
Dawn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #24

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn007 View Post
I have been on LC since 2004. I lost 50 pounds and have kept it off by living mainly LC. I do go off naturally, and every 2 years I need to loose 7-10 pounds and I go back on strict LC. That's where I am now, but gave up when I saw JUDDD here.

Here's the thing I saw someone had posted. If you are LC and JUDD LC, you usually stay LC because you will have a little gain when you start eating carbs. So right off the start, I began with some carbs. Like you, I want to be able to go out and eat with people, and enjoy holidays with family etc. I want my cake and eat it too!

I was so scared to try this, but I decided I'd just give it a 2 week try. I did gain almost 2 pounds when I raised my calories up to 491, from 326. But the next day I had an UD and ate like mad. The next day it was down again. I don't understand why I have been losing the morning after an UD. But it has been consistent.

Yesterday was an UD and when shopping I bought my favorite ice cream and I ate that to make sure I got my calories in yesterday, oh and Hershey's Kisses! I got up this morning to a woosh and I am down to 155.

Now when I did eat the ice cream I got a tiny bowl and put 1/2 cup in at 175 calories, so you do need to keep an eye on them.

Today is a DD and I just had 2 Hershey's kisses =40 calories. I'll have 2 Cups of popcorn later tonight. This diet is AWESOME

I was really worried but it is so good. I have a really difficult time making myself log my foods/calories. I have never counted calories. I finally have a pad on the kitchen counter-top and I log on it to keep a watch on it.

Dawn
How come I haven't seen you post Dawn? You have so got it lady!

Ohio Guy.... I think you have your answer.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
seriously.

i must be a rat

=)
For this reason, I caution you to take it slowly at first. JUDDD is not going to cure you of this problem in one day... it takes time and a person who is willing to go at it for the duration and go into it reasonably. The sirtuins need time to do their thing, your brain needs time to adjust, your body too. You're not going to be able to wallow in a tub of sugar on your first few UDs and be all right if you have severe addictions.

Hope you see that I only have in what I'm saying. Don't want you to have needless problems, OG. ok?

We'd hate for someone to give this a quick, half-hearted try and then show up on the ML in another day saying "JUDDD doesn't work... carbs... tried it for two days, but ack! carbs!!!!...." etc. etc.

Go at it slowly if carbs are a problem for you.

OK, I'm done preachin'
Old 03-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #26
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn007 View Post

Dawn
I'm so you posted this! So many are going to fine this post just what they were looking for when the "fear" of JUDDD starts to hold them back from trying it!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

I your posts DAWN. Glad you are here, my JUDDD bud! Keep posting with us!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Raising both hands!!!

I am a serious, serious carb addict. You know the old commercial "Lay's potato chips...you can't eat just one!" for me it was "potato chips...I cannot eat just one TWO POUND BAG!" Mashed potatoes? Forget about it. Don't get me started....literally. I used to buy a bag of chocolate chips to bake cookies. Then I'd eat them all and have to go back and buy more. (I mean I would eat the bag of chocolate chips before even making the dough!)

When I started JUDDing, I went so carb crazy my first couple of UDs (it was the Christmas holidays) that I pulled back and decided I would just do LC/JUDD.

But then I read some posts and one especially helped me. It was about introducing them slowly and only whole grain and veggie type carbs. The poster said if she started eating carbs regularly and noticed that her cravings seemed to be increasing, she would just pull back on them for a few days and the cravings would go away.

So, that's what I started to do. Lots of veggies and brown, basmatti rice in the beginning.

Now, I'm able to eat a lot more (even potato chips at DDs house last week!) on UDs and not have cravings for more.

Yesterday was an UD. I had 2 bowls of oatmeal (steel cut). I had whole wheat bread for a deli sandwich. I had lasagna! Honestly lasagna! It was whole wheat noodles but seriously, I like those better than the white ones. I also earlier in the day had a cabbage, whole wheat noodle, turkey casserole with some cheese! And, I had wine with dinner last night and some trisket crackers. The scale was DOWN A POUND this morning, after an UD. That usually didn't happen in the beginning.

Something miraculous happens to our bodies after a few weeks of rotations where we keep our DDs low. The magic SIRT1 gene kicks in and does all kinds of things, including regulating the appetite. Honestly, I don't crave the wrong things. Or, if I do want something, I don't feel like I have to "eat the whole bag".

I actually went to a Mexican restaurant with a friend and they brought chips and salsa to the table before we even ordered. I ate 12 tortilla chips. I actually found myself counting them! And it was just right. Just enough.

On another note: I was visiting the "Newbies introduce yourself thread" and a guy popped in and asked if we knew if there were any guys on this forum doing JUDD. Maybe you could go back and post an encouraging note to him? I think he was something like "GW123" and I saw his post at the top of the last page.

We JUDD BUDDS gotta help each other out!!
OMGosh! Potato Chips, potatoes, rice, noodles were my best friends. I was definitely a carboholic. To be fair, I went lower carb 6 years ago so the taste for them has, mostly, gone away. However, in January I started Belly Fat Cure and started added more carbs. When I moved to JUDDD I continued medium/ low carbs on my Up Days and I'm not having a problem. Like you I counted out my tortilla chips to have with my seven layer dip this week..a funny thing happened. I had chips left over! They were still in the bowl this morning. I used to gobble them up without thinking.

JUDDD does something, I'm not sure what, but the cravings and out of control noshings aren't happening.

If you're not sure, stay LC and add JUDDD, many do.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #29

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
For this reason, I caution you to take it slowly at first. JUDDD is not going to cure you of this problem in one day... it takes time and a person who is willing to go at it for the duration and go into it reasonably. The sirtuins need time to do their thing, your brain needs time to adjust, your body too. You're not going to be able to wallow in a tub of sugar on your first few UDs and be all right if you have severe addictions.

Hope you see that I only have in what I'm saying. Don't want you to have needless problems, OG. ok?

We'd hate for someone to give this a quick, half-hearted try and then show up on the ML in another day saying "JUDDD doesn't work... carbs... tried it for two days, but ack! carbs!!!!...." etc. etc.

Go at it slowly if carbs are a problem for you.

OK, I'm done preachin'
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Quote:

that had good results =)
Sugar head as in a dozen doughnuts at a sitting. Um, yeah.
As in buy a whole cake and eat it at home by yourself?
As in an entire box of Little Debbies in a day?
As in going from one store to another at the airport, buying 3 candy bars in each (but no one can call you on it because you're buying them at different store)?
12 Cupcakes? Check.
A POUND bag of M&Ms (peanut of course)? Check.

I'm a total newbie but I can certainly relate! Here's hoping it works for us both! (btw, I've migrated to sugar free sweets. I still overeat them sometimes but at least they are sugar free! )
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 9 - 09/04/14, 31 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~172->153
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote