Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
When I first started JUDDD a couple of years ago, I really binged on sweets on my Up Days. This has tappered off for me a great deal. I still love something sweet for my morning coffee, but I want real good old fashioned food for my lunch and supper (like black-eyed peas with bacon, meat potatoes, veggie, etc). The longer I am on JUDDD, the less I want to binge.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
I would love to see a menu of an up day and a down day..
slimlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlizzie View Post
I would love to see a menu of an up day and a down day..
Check through the old daily "What are you eating" threads for real life ideas from many JUDDDsters. Here's today's: It's monday, what are you eating ??!

And to JUDDD forum, SlimLizzie!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-26-2012 at 02:04 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
ok, i went out bought some stuff but im still a
liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle scared about the carbs =)

just wondering if anyone out there was a SERIOUS carb/sugar addicts
that have been ok on Juddd.

obviously i think this is one of the biggest reason LCs like myself
would be scared to make the move.

im going to but im still a little on shaky ground actually putting carbs in me after a month of zero lol

THANKS as always!
i have to say i am lucky to have done the Kruse style leptin reset first. 50 to 75 g protein within 30 mins of arising. those huge protein breakfasts cut cravings of all kinds immediately. so when i started JUDDD my carb cravings were a thing of the past. the problem with eating starches/sugars is that it awakens all your cravings and they take over your life again. i just found that out over the last few years. now i just stay away completely. except for real events. i had a small piece of my grand daughters birthday cake last month. yesterday i had a small piece of my grand sons birthday cake. planned both days to be UD and we went to a restaurant where i planned to eat whatever i wanted. i did it. ordered the thing i most wanted. could only eat half. the rest is waiting for my next UD tomorrow. when i figured out the cals it was right in line with what i have been doing on UD for weeks. with absolutely no effort on my part. so that is a hug liberation. no i didnt eat any bread. never thought of it.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
thanks. hopefully since i have been doing atkins introduction for a month ill have the same head start.
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
IT IS SO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I know you guys lose way faster too. Enjoy!
Soooo jealous I would love my uds to be that high, I would just bake myself brownies and eat the whole tray!! Hate being a tiny little woman with a huge appetite lol
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
we went to a restaurant where i planned to eat whatever i wanted. i did it. ordered the thing i most wanted. could only eat half. the rest is waiting for my next UD tomorrow.
That is so funny and a good point. We eat out frequently and these days I always have leftovers to bring home. Appetite suppression + DD really does reduce the cost of groceries!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
thanks. hopefully since i have been doing atkins introduction for a month ill have the same head start.
you dont get the same head start with atkins induction that you get from leptin reset style eating a la Jack kruse. that high protein breakfast within 30 mins of waking is what makes the difference.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

ive never been the breakfast type. on a regular day, low carb or juddd. when i wake after 40 fast i still cant eat for an hour or two
the thought makes me nausous
Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Texas Girl
Stats: 174/153/151 - 5'7"
WOE: Low carb eating
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
lol yep.
(and for any other lurkers, i dont believe in 'much' thread jacking so post anything you want.

as a carb head on atkins...
you feel SO accomplished not eating sugar for a month lol
anyway, i think i will just have too try.

the one reason this would be perfect is because i CANNOT eat low carb for the rest of my life. no way no how. if i had a drinking problem, i wouldnt go to bars or hang out with friends that drank. unfortunately just about everyone i know eats and food is in every house every store every second.

so here i come juddd! as soon as i eat all this meat and cheese i have stocked up lol.

i was on subways website today looking at calories.
TECHNICALLY one could have TWO footlong subs
with cheese (ham and turkey) AND 2 cookies each meal
and for the day you would be around 2300 calories
(which sadly is still WAY below my allowed calories on UPs)
i havent been in a subway in a long long time.
allllll bread! lol
Good luck - I have also been following a lc lifestyle and know how you feel.
I have not trited this but have some friends that eat at Subway a lot and they have them scoop out the middle part of their bread and they say their sandwich is still awesome. Just a thought in case you want lower carbs. Enjoy!
Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
ive never been the breakfast type. on a regular day, low carb or juddd. when i wake after 40 fast i still cant eat for an hour or two
I have a book called Mastering Leptin and while it advocates a high protein breakfast, there is not any mention of having to eat it in any time frame. So I follow a different author and may get the same results. Who knows.
Anyway I thought the night eating part was interesting in that I don't have night hunger but people with Leptin resistance do. My DH eats mostly at night so I better get to working on him so we can get him on the right track.

According to my readings, a high protein breakfast is a good thing regardless of when you eat it. But this author also states to have 5-6 hours between meals and 11-12 hours between dinner and breakfast. Which I usually follow. I rarely snack. Which goes against all those recommendations to eat small meals all of your waking hours.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Girl View Post
Good luck - I have also been following a lc lifestyle and know how you feel.
I have not trited this but have some friends that eat at Subway a lot and they have them scoop out the middle part of their bread and they say their sandwich is still awesome. Just a thought in case you want lower carbs. Enjoy!
Scooping out the middle part of the bread sounds like a fantastic idea!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I have a book called Mastering Leptin and while it advocates a high protein breakfast, there is not any mention of having to eat it in any time frame. So I follow a different author and may get the same results. Who knows.
Anyway I thought the night eating part was interesting in that I don't have night hunger but people with Leptin resistance do. My DH eats mostly at night so I better get to working on him so we can get him on the right track.

According to my readings, a high protein breakfast is a good thing regardless of when you eat it. But this author also states to have 5-6 hours between meals and 11-12 hours between dinner and breakfast. Which I usually follow. I rarely snack. Which goes against all those recommendations to eat small meals all of your waking hours.
because that book is by Richards. the leptin reset by Jack Kruse is something else. he starts with the same Richards rules and adds to them. including the eating the high protein breakfast within 30 mins of arising.

if you are doing fine as you are then no reason to change anything. i found the kruse style reset makes all the difference in that i am not hungry all day long. that was worth forcing it the first few times. and eating small meals is not what any of the leptin guys recommend. but i find my meals after breakfast are small because i cant eat very much. but they are always 4 or more hrs apart. richards also limits fat and portein intake. i heard of him first and bought his books but the reason i never went with his approach is that i checked the index for info on cravings and unreasonable hunger, etc. and i found absolutely nothing helpful.

he says:
dont eat between meals.
dont eat before bed.
when you do eat, dont eat any of your comfort foods.
when you do eat, leave the table hungry.
'eat like i tell you and in a month or two you wont have any cravings anymore'

that advice is worthless to someone struggling with obesity. if i could control my eating for a month or two i wouldnt be reading your dumb book.

still, some people like Richards and follow him. so if it works for you then that is all that matters. for me when i looked at the Kruse stuff and he said 'if you are hungry during the day then you didnt eat enough protein/fat for breakfast'. and that was easy to test. i havent missed a breakfast of more than 50 g protein since nov 10 and i havent had any excess hunger or nibbling or binging since.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
neither was i. all my life i avoided breakfast. and i struggled with obesity. i learned my lesson the first day i tried 12 oz of steak first thing when awakening. i started within 30 mins but i took me 1.5 hrs to finish it. i wasnt hungry for 10 hours. so i learned my lesson. even people who find it difficult at first do learn the benefits pretty fast. so if whatever you are doing now keeps you from being excessively hungry during the day and you have no trouble with maintaining your weight then that is fine for you. but if you still have trouble with those things then considering the Kruse style leptin reset might be worth a try. even if it means you have to work at it at first. and if you are a guy it probably means you will start weight loss right away. for women it takes a while.
MY LEPTIN PRESCRIPTION - Jack Kruse
Old 04-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Serious carb addict?

OH YEAH.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again... There IS truth in the statement "potatoes, not Prozac". No, I haven't read the book, but me minus carbs is a recipe for disaster. I was the nastiest person while on a low carb WOE, and my mood cycled horribly. Don't get me wrong, I had a problem overindulging in carbs. My friends at work would laugh at me when I added sugar to my Hawaiian punch cuz I said it wasn't sweet enough! But...I have come a long way since then. I don't have much of an appetite for sweet things beyond a bite or two every so often. I think the key was getting my binging behavior under control. And this WOE REALLY helps my binging because nothing is forbidden. There's no need to indulge (ie overindulge) before getting on plan because as long as I stay within my calorie guidelines, I'm on plan. I know we all have different reasons for why we're overweight, but for me, simply winning out over my mind was key. As I see it, JUDDD has one basic rule. Stick within your calorie guidelines and the weight will come off. There's no cheating, there's NO guilt. Whoa...did I say that?!? Seriously, give me one other WOE that removes the guilt factor so easily! So, enough rambling... I think if you've got mental issues with dieting like I have, that JUDDD will help as it removes the strict rules (no fat!!, no carbs!!), and the guilt factor is less.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
Serious carb addict?

OH YEAH.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again... There IS truth in the statement "potatoes, not Prozac". No, I haven't read the book, but me minus carbs is a recipe for disaster. I was the nastiest person while on a low carb WOE, and my mood cycled horribly. Don't get me wrong, I had a problem overindulging in carbs. My friends at work would laugh at me when I added sugar to my Hawaiian punch cuz I said it wasn't sweet enough! But...I have come a long way since then. I don't have much of an appetite for sweet things beyond a bite or two every so often. I think the key was getting my binging behavior under control. And this WOE REALLY helps my binging because nothing is forbidden. There's no need to indulge (ie overindulge) before getting on plan because as long as I stay within my calorie guidelines, I'm on plan. I know we all have different reasons for why we're overweight, but for me, simply winning out over my mind was key. As I see it, JUDDD has one basic rule. Stick within your calorie guidelines and the weight will come off. There's no cheating, there's NO guilt. Whoa...did I say that?!? Seriously, give me one other WOE that removes the guilt factor so easily! So, enough rambling... I think if you've got mental issues with dieting like I have, that JUDDD will help as it removes the strict rules (no fat!!, no carbs!!), and the guilt factor is less.

I couldn't agree more!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #77
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I thought I was a carb addict but it turns out maybe I wasn't. Since I reintroduced carbs back in November I haven't once had any serious urge to binge on them.

Nice feeling. Is this because I have permitted myself any and all carbs without any guilt?

Who knows. I do know I love JUDDD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

the last 2 UDs ive had, i cant WAIT for the next day ..dd cuz im so full and feel like im going to blow up. its not from eating A LOT but just eating carby foods i guess. im not going crazy eating a ton, but holy **** i feel like im going to float away and cant wait for tomorrow lol

on a side note, i have to flip my days this week some how some where. today was UD so i guess DD tomorrow and then MD then UD

atkins commercial is on tv right now lol
Old 04-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(190)/size 14(175)/size 12
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013
I love my carbs... for lunch today I had cheesy breadsticks, soup w/pasta in it, and 5 cookies!! Well-sated, I must say!!! That's why I'm being successful with JUDDD vs Atkins. I.can.have.it. I didn't need to give up fruit. Or cookies. Or bread. Or any of the other MARVELOUS foods that I crave when I can't have them!! Yep, for me, JUDDD is the answer. Cuz even eating the carb-filled foods, I've lost 25 pounds and have no intention of giving up!!
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
Serious carb addict?

OH YEAH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
I love my carbs... for lunch today I had cheesy breadsticks, soup w/pasta in it, and 5 cookies!! Well-sated, I must say!!! That's why I'm being successful with JUDDD vs Atkins. I.can.have.it. I didn't need to give up fruit. Or cookies. Or bread. Or any of the other MARVELOUS foods that I crave when I can't have them!! Yep, for me, JUDDD is the answer. Cuz even eating the carb-filled foods, I've lost 25 pounds and have no intention of giving up!!
WTG, Lacey! Isn't it amazing that we can eat carbs - cookies, fruit, Big Macs, french fries, etc. and lose weight? As long as we respect our calorie limits, just sticking to the rotation makes everything right.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote