Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
This WOE is completely new to me....

I've been on LCF for years, and just yesterday I decided to click here to find out what this JUDDD thing was all about

Well....... to say I'm intrigued is an understatement!!!

I have a question -- would JUDDD still work if I was only to do it once or twice a week?
I am currently on Atkins induction. If I was to have one cheat day a week, and then restrict my calories to a DD the following day, would this still work? Or do I need to consistently alternate DD & UD every other day?

Like others who have posted, I'm worried about 'carbing myself up', and then having to starve it out on a DD. I love LC, but I too would like to have a day or two a week when I can just splurge or enjoy eating normally with friends & family.

Thanks for your input

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie_pie View Post

I've been on LCF for years, and just yesterday I decided to click here to find out what this JUDDD thing was all about

I have a question -- would JUDDD still work if I was only to do it once or twice a week?
I am currently on Atkins induction. If I was to have one cheat day a week, and then restrict my calories to a DD the following day, would this still work? Or do I need to consistently alternate DD & UD every other day?

Like others who have posted, I'm worried about 'carbing myself up', and then having to starve it out on a DD. I love LC, but I too would like to have a day or two a week when I can just splurge or enjoy eating normally with friends & family.

Thanks for your input
JUDDD is a very simple plan, but it is a plan nonetheless with guidelines which need to be followed for success. The UD/DD rotation is very important. While it can be modified once in a while and still work, it's not recommended. If you're only doing the "odd" DD, it's not JUDDD. I encourage you to read some of the stickies with all the information and check out Dr. Johnson's website for more information (google JUDDD). HTH!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #33

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It wouldn't be JUDDD but I have read of people having great success eating Low Carb at around 900 2 days a week. In that article those were the only Low Carb days the participants did.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Ok, thank you. I'm definitely going to do some more reading. Like OhioGuy, I'm soooo scared to go off plan & add carbs, and get out of control.

But, I do love the idea of having a way to fix it if I do!

Got to do some more reading on this.
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #35

Enjoy your reading and ask away.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Steph
You can definitely do JUDDD low carb...and sneak the occasional carb in (in a planned manner) now and again

Do some more reading - JUDDD is enormously flexible with very few rules. But those rules are very important.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: This time
Hi ladies

This diet is sounding better and better each second..so you start on 500 cals the first day and the next day 1800 cal and the next 500, so on and so on?
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Ohioguy, oh yes you have a compadre in me. I'm a serious sugar addict. For example, I would eat sweets (jelly beans, mentos, chocolate, etc) and fall asleep afterwards in a sugar coma for hours and wake up feeling like I had a hangover. That's how bad it was. It was a pattern. Once I started, there was no stopping.

So you see, I can relate to the sugar addiction for sure. Since doing hcg, I haven't had episodes like that, but I'm just as wary as you are about adding sugar in JUDDD. I think the JUDDD BUDDDs who have answered have given sage advice. Go slowly and pull back if the sugar monster appears. That's what I plan to do.

Best of luck to you!
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GW318
Stats: 394/315/?
Start Date: 10/01/11
Ohioguy I just started JUDDD Monday after being on lc for about 5 months. I havent gone crazy with the carbs but I did go to subway Tuesday and everything is still ok.
Thank you all for the welcome I dont post alot but I get on hear and read everyday
GW318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #40

Glad you are JUDDDing GW, great to have more male JUDDD BUDDDs
Old 03-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ratty29
Stats: 218/207/138 - 5ft 1"
WOE: Judddd since
Start Date: 3/17/2012
Hi, I am new and have be lurking for quite a while. I was going to wait until I had been juddding successfully for a few weeks but had to post a reply on here.

This is my 7th day and its an UD for me. Usually I am a total sugar freak who just can't stop eating once I have a taste but JUDDD seems to totally help me control that as I know I have a limit of cals to stick to.

When I was LCing I was just carry on once I had had some sugar as I had blown it for that day but here you can have sugar and as long as its in my calories its fine.

I shocked myself last night by buying a big bag of sweeties (malteasters) and then weighing out the amount I could eat today to stay within my calories. Usually I would have scoffed the whole bag (800 cals) and eaten other things too.

I can say so far this is really helping my my mad sugar bingeing

Losing weight by and
Ratty29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I am a serious carb/sugar addict. It has been my Achilles heel all my life.

Here's an example. I had lost 60 pounds ( LC) and was so excited. I hadn't had sugar for over 8 months. It was a big birthday for me and I was going on a mini trip to celebrate. I was given a big basket when we arrived at the hotel of crackers, cookies, chocolates, wine etc. None of that tempted me one bit.

The next day we were walking on the beach and there was a homemade ice cream place. I decided to treat myself for my birthday. Big mistake.
One double scoop of mint chocolate chip and peanut butter fudge set me off on a race course of eating like I haven't seen before. I went back to the hotel and devoured the entire basket of goodies in a sitting.

Those lost 60 pounds came back so quickly with an added 10. I thought I could never eat any carbs or sugar again.

With trepidation, I started JUDDD. Lo and behold, I can eat most carbs and sugar okay. It seems to be normalizing my binge behavior!!

Now I posted that I still have a few triggers. I counted out 12 kettle chips to eat and it turned into a whole bag. But now I know that food is still a trigger and I will avoid potato chips. (It's weird, but I can eat french fries and it doesn't trigger a thing!)

So for me, I feel JUDDD is managing the carb/sugar addiction issue I have and I couldn't be more thrilled.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
well im just a freakin sugar addict and have no problems after a few days LCing it.
it all goes away. i just wonder if anyone else was a COMPLETE sugar junk that are able to keep themselves 'straight' here. im going to give it a try of course, but wondering...
going to seem weird the first time i put carbs back in my mouth lol
*raises hand* That would be me! I am a total sugar addict. Just 1 donut ends up 4. One candy bar ends up 2 king size. A taste of cake ends up half the dang cake! I have learned to control it on atkins but when i switched to JUDDD I was worried. But I found I didnt need to!

I guess knowing I CAN have it, I can add a correct serving to my calorie counts! I even found 100 calorie snack packs of carrot cake and choc cake and have had one of those on DD's!

JUDDD has for some reason put me in a great state of mind that no other eating plan has managed to do! I think its the knowing that I can really have something if done correctly, and not have to scarf it down like its the last time I will ever have or see it again!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by This time View Post
Hi ladies

This diet is sounding better and better each second..so you start on 500 cals the first day and the next day 1800 cal and the next 500, so on and so on?
Linda: You need to plug your stats into the free online JUDD calculator to get your numbers. Put in height, current weight, age, gender (and don't forget to change the calculator from kg and cm to pounds and inches).

This will give you your own personal up day number. BTW put in little to no exercise from the pull down menu there. It just works better that way. Then there is a pull down menu and you can choose where you want to start from 20% to 45% on DDs.

Dr. Johnson, in his book, recommends starting at 500 on DDs for the first 2 weeks because a lot of people struggle at staying lower. But some people do just fine at their 20%.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/190/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Sugar head as in a dozen doughnuts at a sitting. Um, yeah.
As in buy a whole cake and eat it at home by yourself?
As in an entire box of Little Debbies in a day?
As in going from one store to another at the airport, buying 3 candy bars in each (but no one can call you on it because you're buying them at different store)?
12 Cupcakes? Check.
A POUND bag of M&Ms (peanut of course)? Check.

I'm a total newbie but I can certainly relate! Here's hoping it works for us both! (btw, I've migrated to sugar free sweets. I still overeat them sometimes but at least they are sugar free! )
boy, can I relate to this!!! Sweets don't satisfy me unless I can eat about 5 servings! I huge JUDDD can help me retrain my brain to be satisfied with a "normal" portion size! That would be great! thanks Shelby! Your honesty was very helpful!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: This time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Linda: You need to plug your stats into the free online JUDD calculator to get your numbers. Put in height, current weight, age, gender (and don't forget to change the calculator from kg and cm to pounds and inches).

This will give you your own personal up day number. BTW put in little to no exercise from the pull down menu there. It just works better that way. Then there is a pull down menu and you can choose where you want to start from 20% to 45% on DDs.

Dr. Johnson, in his book, recommends starting at 500 on DDs for the first 2 weeks because a lot of people struggle at staying lower. But some people do just fine at their 20%.
Thanks sweetie I did the calculator yesterday and it said DD 450 and UD is over two thousand cals..and I put it at 20%, so I will do 500"DD" and a little less then two thousand "UD"
This time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by This time View Post
Thanks sweetie I did the calculator yesterday and it said DD 450 and UD is over two thousand cals..and I put it at 20%, so I will do 500"DD" and a little less then two thousand "UD"

Sounds good!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Ohio! Great thread! We have lurkers popping out of the woodwork, raising their dominant hand, and shouting, "This JUDDD thing is sounding better and better!"
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
lol yep.
(and for any other lurkers, i dont believe in 'much' thread jacking so post anything you want.

as a carb head on atkins...
you feel SO accomplished not eating sugar for a month lol
anyway, i think i will just have too try.

the one reason this would be perfect is because i CANNOT eat low carb for the rest of my life. no way no how. if i had a drinking problem, i wouldnt go to bars or hang out with friends that drank. unfortunately just about everyone i know eats and food is in every house every store every second.

so here i come juddd! as soon as i eat all this meat and cheese i have stocked up lol.

i was on subways website today looking at calories.
TECHNICALLY one could have TWO footlong subs
with cheese (ham and turkey) AND 2 cookies each meal
and for the day you would be around 2300 calories
(which sadly is still WAY below my allowed calories on UPs)
i havent been in a subway in a long long time.
allllll bread! lol
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
lol yep.
(and for any other lurkers, i dont believe in 'much' thread jacking so post anything you want.

as a carb head on atkins...
you feel SO accomplished not eating sugar for a month lol
anyway, i think i will just have too try.

the one reason this would be perfect is because i CANNOT eat low carb for the rest of my life. no way no how. if i had a drinking problem, i wouldnt go to bars or hang out with friends that drank. unfortunately just about everyone i know eats and food is in every house every store every second.

so here i come juddd! as soon as i eat all this meat and cheese i have stocked up lol.

i was on subways website today looking at calories.
TECHNICALLY one could have TWO footlong subs
with cheese (ham and turkey) AND 2 cookies each meal
and for the day you would be around 2300 calories
(which sadly is still WAY below my allowed calories on UPs)
i havent been in a subway in a long long time.
allllll bread! lol
Awesome!! Welcome aboard. You don't have to wait to finish your meat and cheese because you can eat that on JUDDD! You could start tomorrow! Enjoy your Subway. Yum!!!

ummm...2300 calories is way below your allowed up day calories? OMG!!

Last edited by sungoddess; 03-23-2012 at 02:07 PM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

3517/703 lol
and yep, i used inches/pounds at 20% little exercise.
(but i bought a treadmill, just trying to get it as low as possible)
but im 6'1 - 6'2'' (i put in 73 inches, 350, male thats what i got)

im going to try to keep my down days as low as possible 2 or 3 low carb shakes at 180 each IF anything at all. then on up days, im not going to lie, im not going to count calories. im a guy. i have no intentions of counting calories, just be smart when i eat and if it dont work, ill have to take the blame but i think ill have a good idea if im eating more than i should be. ill know if im going over board and such.
we'll see!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

wow WOW WOW
just out of curiosity i switched it to female........................... SUBTRACT 800 CALORIES!!
eeeeeesh not fair lol
Old 03-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
wow WOW WOW
just out of curiosity i switched it to female........................... SUBTRACT 800 CALORIES!!
eeeeeesh not fair lol

IT IS SO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I know you guys lose way faster too. Enjoy!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

LOL

hmmm, i wonder how many of y'all eat sugar free jello on DDs?

its one of those weird foods but it has hardly any calories!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #55

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
My DH is 6'3" and gets 4273/855 at 20%.
I'm 5'10" and get 2177/435 at 20%.

About the only time I have "ahem" envy!

OG--DH doesn't count either, even on DDs, but he really watches what he eats on DDs and doesn't overdo it on UDs. He also doesn't weigh, so he's judging his loss on his belt adjustments and seems to be losing fairly well.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

lol, nice!
yeah, my big focus will be to eat as little as possible on DDs and dont go overboard on UDs

880 on a DD lol, that is footlong sub!++
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Sub sandwiches!! I just had one tonight - made it myself, and practically wolfed it down! It had turkey AND roast beef (deli thin), 2 kinds of cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced pepper, sliced onion, mayo, red wine vinegar and mustard. I had it with a generous handful (or two) of freshly-opened bag of Lay's regular chips. I'm a sandwich and potato chip kinda gal!!

OG, You've done wonders on the forum! You brought out some lurkers who have already contributed a lot and have helped many!

Sweetiepie, This time, GW, Ratty, anyone I may have missed =
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hey Jamie I am also a sugar/carb addict. It has always been my trigger and downfall to low carb eating.

I read this thread earlier and left to do some housework. While cleaning the kitchen and throwing out 2 half eaten cakes that my 10 yr old won in a cake walk last Friday it hit me that maybe my binge eating problems with sweets is coming to an end. Those cakes have been in my house for one week. They were very tasty and I did have some on 2 of my UD's. The key word is some. In the past I would have finished it off in 2 to 3 days. I think my husband has even hidden sweets from me because he knows I can't control myself around them.

until I read your thread it didn't occur to me that I have been able to control myself around these things for the first time in my life.

Removing the "i'm starting a diet tomorrow" threat and the self inflicted deprivation took away a lot of the appeal of those "forbidden foods". I still enjoy them but have stopped constantly craving them.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie_pie View Post

Thanks for your input
There are many other IF (intermittent fasting) plans that might work for your situation...for example, there's one where you fast for 24 hours twice a week, another called Fast 5...you might be able to have a "treat" day or meal on occasion while remaining mostly LC, if that's what you wish, while getting similar health benefits to JUDDD.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I haven't read the whole thread (yet), but I want to throw in my two cents. I think grains and most high carb foods are bad for humans to eat and should be kept to a minimum. JUDDD has allowed me the freedom to eat at parties or special occasions, and enjoy some high-carb foods from time-to-time, not daily, not even weekly, without gaining (when I'm faithful to the rotation). I don't think JUDDD should be used as an excuse to binge on crap -- and I say this as someone who did this at the beginning. JUDDD is how/when you eat, the what component is up to you, and you should chose to eat the healthiest foods you can find or afford (most of the time).
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote