Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: imajule
Stats: 131.5/127/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 3-11-12
DD nausea?

I've been JUDDDing for almost 2 weeks. It has really been easier for me to control myself on my DDs than on my UDs but I'm working on that...

My DD problem is NAUSEA! And its not really an aggravating nausea, its a WOOSH, 'I'm gonna throw up' nausea. I try to fast as long as I can on my DDs because once I start eating, its difficult to shut the cravings off.

I know most non JUDDDers would say, "Just eat something!" But, frankly, when I'm nauseated, I don't want anything good for me and that could blow my calories immediately! I guess my question to you guys is, did you experience it in the beginning? Did it go away? Is there anything I can do to help stop it?

Thanks in advance!

Jule
imajule is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I may be off target, but it sounds like something I experience at times when my stomach is empty. I notice it more on DDs of course for that reason. It's usually worse in the a.m. and sometimes in the p.m. just before bed if my stomach is empty.

It really started around Christmas and into the New Year for me.

I'm not trying to diagnose anyone else, but for me, I wonder if it's gastritis. It's worse if I have acidic food or beverage on an empty stomach. Things like wine, citrus, something with vinegar, black coffee or tea...

It makes it a little frustrating when I am trying to fast for a stretch of time and just sip black coffee or tea, and suddenly -wham!- I'll be hit with this burning nausea. It's a terrible feeling, and I sympathize with you. Putting something in my stomach helps it, but like you, I hate to break the fast just because of that stupid nausea, when otherwise I'm doing so well.

So.... sometimes I'll take some Pepto Bismol. It helps a lot, almost immediately. Otherwise I'll go ahead and get a little something in my stomach.

Sorry if this doesn't help much. If you go to the doctor and find out the cause, let us know.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I get this on DDs if I haven't eaten for a long time. I also get what Sophie describes above.

For me, it usually happens right before bed because I usually don't eat much of a dinner on DDs. Benadryl helps (since also an anti-emetic), but some diet ginger ale or diet sprite also helps me. I try to catch it early and not let it get to the point where I can't stomach the thought of anything. A small piece of bread (like 1/8 of a piece) or 2 saltines will help too.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I get that once in a while. It helps if you have something already prepared for to eat to take the edge off. I find if I'm really getting nauseated, a laughing cow wedge will work wonders. I just nibble it straight, as is, and take up to 10 minutes to eat that one little wedge. I'm lucky I have a fridge at work, so I can run get one whenever I need it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I experience this also on DD's sometimes. I have connected it to too much coffee. If I have only one cup I do not get nauseas later. More and I feel like I am going to throw up until noon. Not a good feeling.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I experience this also on DD's sometimes. I have connected it to too much coffee. If I have only one cup I do not get nauseas later. More and I feel like I am going to throw up until noon. Not a good feeling.
Too much coffee on an empty tummy does this to me sometimes too. And regardless of whether it's an UD or a DD, I rarely eat anything until about midday, as I have no appetite before then. So I'm content with just my coffee. Black coffee is far more likely to cause this nausea than coffee with cream though.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Oh I'm so glad Jule asked about this! I had no idea I was not alone in this. I just put up with it because I thought I'd developed a stomach acid problem (perhaps connected to the GB issues I sometimes feel but never gets pinpointed by the docs). Too much plain black coffee or tea on a stretch of non-eating... whether it be DD or UD before I eat, and I get that nausea. Or it could be from something else acidic.

Anyway, I'm thinking perhaps I'm just normal all along - yay! I just need to take care not to let the stomach get completely empty and then bombard it with cup after cup of plain black coffee, tea, other acidic thing.

sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I had that several times in my first three weeks on JUDDD. I decided I needed to plan three very light meals so I would always have something in my tum - even though eating did increase my mind-hunger a bit, it calmed the pain. I kept those meals very strictly low carb.

After a week or two, I experimented and have been able to do liquids or fast until late afternoon since.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Too much coffee on an empty tummy does this to me sometimes too. And regardless of whether it's an UD or a DD, I rarely eat anything until about midday, as I have no appetite before then. So I'm content with just my coffee. Black coffee is far more likely to cause this nausea than coffee with cream though.
Guess that explains it. Those were the DD's I was trying to drink just black coffee or coffee with a drip of cream.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I do not take any meds or supps on DD unless I have something in my tum. Just the way it is.

I will eat protein 1st, but then if I feel the least bit woozy, I don't take my meds.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i too had an issue with that the first DD.. one thing that helps me,, In my water i drink lemon.. along with all my cooffee,, and that seamd to do the trick IMO this was only what worked for me and thats all i can offer is what i did.. hoe your feeling better soon.
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: imajule
Stats: 131.5/127/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 3-11-12
Thanks, everyone for the responses and support. I've never done well at 'listening to my body' so to speak or recognizing patterns in my eating habits. All I've really known is that, in the last few months, once I start eating in the morning, I find myself wanting to eat all day! Because of that, I try to put it off as long as I can.

It is nice to have some ideas about what could be causing it as well as what I could do to prevent/treat it and it is also very nice to know that it could be temporary!!! I'll definitely have to make some changes because no one wants to feel plain ole sick every other day!

Again, Thanks!
Jule
imajule is offline   Reply With Quote