Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Did I calculate correctly? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/764000-did-i-calculate-correctly.html)

becky123abc 03-22-2012 07:22 AM

Did I calculate correctly?
 
Are my numbers correct?

I'm 45 years old
5.5" tall
no exercise right now (I know I need to)
174 lbs

calculator says

Normal days 2897
Down days 579

Does that sound correct?? Almost 3000 calories?!?! I have no problem doing that...I just want to make sure it's right. My book will come in the next few days...I really want to study up on how this works. I surely don't want to be overeating...

sterlinggirl 03-22-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky123abc (Post 15516648)
Are my numbers correct?

I'm 45 years old
5.5" tall
no exercise right now (I know I need to)
174 lbs

calculator says

Normal days 2897
Down days 579

Does that sound correct?? Almost 3000 calories?!?! I have no problem doing that...I just want to make sure it's right. My book will come in the next few days...I really want to study up on how this works. I surely don't want to be overeating...

?? Well i input your numbers of 65 inches, 45 years old, with 174 for your weight and it spit out 1807/361 for little or no activity.. so ill let some one esle more experienced answer,, some times we forget to mark inches, and pounds:heart:

gotsomeold 03-22-2012 07:40 AM

Sorry to break your heart. Your suspicions of invalidity are valid.

Over to the right of some of the entries, in itty bitty letters, you have to click 'in' instead of 'cm' and 'lbs' instead of 'kg'. This kind of thing usually means you missed the fine print.

I get UD 1807 and DD 361.

Dr J suggests starting DDs at 500 the first two weeks. Many of us chose to stay at or near 500.

Welcome!!!

Curvesgal 03-22-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky123abc (Post 15516648)
Are my numbers correct?

I'm 45 years old
5.5" tall
no exercise right now (I know I need to)
174 lbs

calculator says

Normal days 2897
Down days 579

Does that sound correct?? Almost 3000 calories?!?! I have no problem doing that...I just want to make sure it's right. My book will come in the next few days...I really want to study up on how this works. I surely don't want to be overeating...

Hi, I just started JUDD last week and I'm still learning. But, I did recheck your numbers on Dr. Johnson's calorie calculator and I got different number...
Normal 1807
Down Day 361

65 inches tall
174
45
little of no exercise

SoHappy 03-22-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky123abc (Post 15516648)
Are my numbers correct?

I'm 45 years old
5.5" tall
no exercise right now (I know I need to)
174 lbs

calculator says

Normal days 2897
Down days 579

Does that sound correct?? Almost 3000 calories?!?! I have no problem doing that...I just want to make sure it's right. My book will come in the next few days...I really want to study up on how this works. I surely don't want to be overeating...

No, you didn't calculate correctly. Your numbers are 1807 on Up Days and 361/452/542 calories (your choice) for Down Days, depending on whether you want to use 20%/25%/30% portions then. Except you are completely free to do DDs at 500 calories to begin with, and many stick to that number, AND some start out even higher, like maybe 700 calories, and then work themselves backwards. The big thing is to get into the DDs successfully.

That calculator lets you figure in pounds and in inches, or in kg and cm measurement, and sometimes folks forget to move it to the pounds and inches choice. :laugh:

SoHappy 03-22-2012 07:43 AM

Well, the responses have just kept tumbling in one after the other, so I guess that is verified. :laugh:

Momto2boysNJ 03-22-2012 07:45 AM

I"m 5ft6
179 when I put it in
& 42 years old

My numbers were around 400 & 2100. So yeah you missed something LOL

gotsomeold 03-22-2012 07:45 AM

Very good, Kimberly! Go to the head of the class!

Becky, the reason we know about the fine print is, it gets most of us :D.

Enjoy the book! And use it as a jumping off point for further research. As you can see from several threads recently, That Ole JUDDD Magic is fascinating stuff.

sterlinggirl 03-22-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15516751)
Very good, Kimberly! Go to the head of the class!

Becky, the reason we know about the fine print is, it gets most of us :D.

Enjoy the book! And use it as a jumping off point for further research. As you can see from several threads recently, That Ole JUDDD Magic is fascinating stuff.

:o:clap:

becky123abc 03-22-2012 11:36 AM

Thanks you all... I felt like something was off...I guess the inches & cm got me...I'm not good at conversions!

Thanks so much!! I'd hate to be doing it all wrong! : )

becky123abc 03-22-2012 11:38 AM

Oh NOW I see!!! I typed my lbs in the kg spot....mystery solved!!

I think I've had all the calories I can for this UD!!

Thanks again!!: )

sterlinggirl 03-22-2012 12:21 PM

Hey best of luck to you.. And keep coming back to ask quesiton as you have them.. every one here is reall nice and very very supportive.. even when all ya really need like me is some one to listen:heart:

gotitnow 03-22-2012 01:10 PM

Just want to say :welcome::welcome: Becky! I know you will love it here.:)

Phyl:heart:

becky123abc 03-22-2012 01:44 PM

Thank you all so much! sterlinggirl, gotsomeold, Curvesgal, SoHappy, Momto2boysNJ, Yam-Yam & gotitnow...you all are so kind!!

I'm embarrassed to have made such a mistake...but you all helped me out in the kindest of ways! I'm glad to be here!

sophiethecat 03-22-2012 01:46 PM

Glad you got it straightened out, Becky! :hugs: Getting those numbers right is a big part of the JUDDD success. I think you're going to do great. :high5:

sterlinggirl 03-22-2012 01:53 PM

We know you will enjoy JUDDD as much as we do:heart:

becky123abc 03-22-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15518055)
Glad you got it straightened out, Becky! :hugs: Getting those numbers right is a big part of the JUDDD success. I think you're going to do great. :high5:

Thank you sophiethecat!! Your stats totally inspire me! And I like your signature too...I hope JUDDD works as well for me. I'm going to give it my best try!

Beeb 03-22-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky123abc (Post 15518049)
Thank you all so much! sterlinggirl, gotsomeold, Curvesgal, SoHappy, Momto2boysNJ, Yam-Yam & gotitnow...you all are so kind!!

I'm embarrassed to have made such a mistake...but you all helped me out in the kindest of ways! I'm glad to be here!

First :welcome: and second we all have made this mistake so no embarrassment please! :hugs: Just proves you ARE a true JUDDD BUDDD! Can't wait to see your results!! :jumpjoy:

sophiethecat 03-22-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15518381)
First :welcome: and second we all have made this mistake so no embarrassment please! :hugs: Just proves you ARE a true JUDDD BUDDD! Can't wait to see your results!! :jumpjoy:

Definitely! I made that error too the first time I messed around with the calculator! I think in our excitement to get started on JUDDD, we just pop those stats in as fast as we can, and oops! :laugh:

gotsomeold 03-22-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky123abc (Post 15517654)
Oh NOW I see!!! I typed my lbs in the kg spot....mystery solved!!

I think I've had all the calories I can for this UD!!

:hyst::lol::hyst::lol::hyst:

I LIKE your descriptive sense of humor. Becky, you are going to fit right into this party!

becky123abc 03-22-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15518568)
:hyst::lol::hyst::lol::hyst:

I LIKE your descriptive sense of humor. Becky, you are going to fit right into this party!

Thank you gotsomeold!! I was really excited about getting to eat 3000 on my UD's and lose weight!! I was so ready for that!! :hyst:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 PM.