Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I have a craving for..... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/763898-i-have-craving.html)

SoHappy 03-21-2012 06:33 PM

I have a craving for.....
 
a BIG MAC! :laugh:

Just talking about the *pink slime* over on the Mail Lobby (LOLOLOL) and I was mentioning that I'll bet there are very few of us who have never eaten it over the years. :D

McDonalds has announced that they discontinued using that product at all clear last August, and yet... it was undoubtedly in the Big Macs I used to love so much.

And now I'm really having a craving for a BIG MAC!

Gotta' swing by McDonalds one of these Up Days. :up:

Well, and I expect that is going to call for some of their french fries with it. :o

Dottie 03-21-2012 06:36 PM

Their fries aren't the same since they changed the frying oil :cry:

SoHappy 03-21-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15515533)
Their fries aren't the same since they changed the frying oil :cry:

I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE McDonalds fries.

So, what do they fry them in now? What oil did it used to be? So we need cheap soy oil again to make good fries?

Dottie 03-21-2012 06:40 PM

I understand it was beef tallow before lol - and then they got into trouble because of the vegetarians? I remember some scandal about it so now they're all vegetable oils.

Now burger king, on the other hand, now has some really good fries!

sophiethecat 03-21-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15515525)
a BIG MAC! :laugh:

Just talking about the *pink slime* over on the Mail Lobby (LOLOLOL) and I was mentioning that I'll bet there are very few of us who have never eaten it over the years. :D

McDonalds has announced that they discontinued using that product at all clear last August, and yet... it was undoubtedly in the Big Macs I used to love so much.

And now I'm really having a craving for a BIG MAC!

Gotta' swing by McDonalds one of these Up Days. :up:

Well, and I expect that is going to call for some of their french fries with it. :o

Ohhhhh how I wish we could go for the Value Meal together! :heart: I'm a Big Mac girl too. Pink Slime or not (how cute a name is that? lol) now and then I get the attack and gotta satisfy it! :D Oooooh the last one I had (about 2 mos ago) was PERFECT... I mean, it actually looked big and tall like they do in the commercials. :)

SoHappy 03-21-2012 06:45 PM

I'll bet it was cooking the fries in that beef tallow that was so, so, so fabulous! All sprinkled with salt. OMG!

I see on their website that they now use a *canola oil blend* these days. Which probably means blended with soy oil, and... mostly soy oil in this *blend*. :laugh: But it sounds better to a lot of folks to say a canola oil blend rather than a soy oil blend. Heh

But I could just drive my Big Mac over to the Burger King, and order my fries there! I'm sure they wouldn't care. :laugh:

sophiethecat 03-21-2012 06:48 PM

Ah, wish they could bring back the beef tallow fries. :)

Well now I have to try the BK fries! Haven't had the new ones yet, but if Dot recs em, I gotta try em! :)

Beeb 03-21-2012 08:59 PM

:sick: I'm sorry but just the thought of eating McDonald's makes me want to gag!! I have never liked their burgers, always tasted and smelled gamy to me. I did enjoy their old fries though but I haven't eaten them in so long I can't even remember what they taste like.

Just not a Fast Food kind of gal, any burger type fast food, never was! :dunno:

oropendola 03-21-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15515533)
Their fries aren't the same since they changed the frying oil :cry:

I agree. I try them every now and then...But I am not inspired to eat an entire order since they changed. Good for me, bad for their bank account. lol

thomasina838 03-26-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15515533)
Their fries aren't the same since they changed the frying oil :cry:

i agree. lard was better; better taste; and better for you.

Speck333 03-26-2012 03:42 PM

I was a Quarter Pounder gal back in the day. I had one a couple months ago after at least 5 years of not having one. I really prefer Carls Jr. Or better yet, our "best burgers in town" burger stand/diner place. Crap... thanks... it's a down day and now I'm stuck on burgers and fries and ONION RINGS! :laugh:

sungoddess 03-26-2012 03:46 PM

I get Big Mac attacks too and I agree the fries are no longer the same. :sad: These days I get a yummy burger at Carl Jrs. I don't know if they use the pink slime or not. But I love the burgers with a side of fries. Just a treat now and then. :yummy: I had some fries that were fried in duck fat. Now THOSE were outstanding.
ENJOY!!!

SoHappy 03-26-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15529066)
I was a Quarter Pounder gal back in the day. I had one a couple months ago after at least 5 years of not having one. I really prefer Carls Jr. Or better yet, our "best burgers in town" burger stand/diner place. Crap... thanks... it's a down day and now I'm stuck on burgers and fries and ONION RINGS! :laugh:

I love onion rings so much! I wish I could make them at home remotely as good as they are served to me at the diners. And then dipped in either ketchup or ranch dressing.

OH! And breaded and deep fried mushrooms. Heaven. With ranch dressing to dip them in. Have to be careful not to burn your mouth. So scrumptious.

I'm on a DD here. Making myself suffer. :laugh:

b_lou_who 03-26-2012 03:51 PM

Homemade grassfed beef burger with melty cheese avocado and ketchup...hungry now

b_lou_who 03-26-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15529089)
I love onion rings so much! I wish I could make them at home remotely as good as they are served to me at the diners. And then dipped in either ketchup or ranch dressing.

OH! And breaded and deep fried mushrooms. Heaven. With ranch dressing to dip them in. Have to be careful not to burn your mouth. So scrumptious.

I'm on a DD here. Making myself suffer. :laugh:

Check out Americas test kitchen onion ring recipe..it makes the best

mykidsteacher 03-26-2012 05:11 PM

I don't know what it is about McD's, but an hour after eating it, I'm running for a bathroom. So not craving that. LOL I haven't had a burger from there in a long time because of that effect.

And I agree with b_lou, we raise our own grassfed beef, and I am totally spoiled. I can't eat beef away from home anymore. If I go out, I get chicken.

SoHappy 03-26-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 15529090)
Homemade grassfed beef burger with melty cheese avocado and ketchup...hungry now

Thanks for the tip. I've never heard of oven baked onion rings, but I'm certainly willing to give it a try. If they're remotely good, I'm ahead of where I am right now, and if they're delicious, I will be your devoted slave forever.

krow134 03-26-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15515525)
McDonalds has announced that they discontinued using that product at all clear last August, and yet... it was undoubtedly in the Big Macs I used to love so much.

That explains why there burgers have seem to have gotten smaller!! I honestly thought my hubby was nuts when he said the burgers dont fill him up anymore. Til one day I tore apart a big mac and was like "where's the beef"!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15515842)
I have never liked their burgers, always tasted and smelled gamy to me.

Thats the Kangaroo.........J/K!!!!

KeirasMom 03-26-2012 06:30 PM

I'm guilty of still liking a quarter pounder with cheese and fries every once in a while. I'm much more likely to go to Carl's Jr. and get a guacamole turkey burger and fried zucchini, or In-N-Out for a double-double and fresh fries! YUM!

KathyL 03-26-2012 06:38 PM

Should not have stepped into this thread. LOL

I rarely eat fast food but we have grassfed beef and goat that makes yummy burgers. I'll take mine medium rare with bacon, cheese, grilled onion, pickle and plenty of barbeque sauce. Hmmm, maybe I'll have one for lunch tomorrow. :)

oropendola 03-26-2012 07:49 PM

I still enjoy a quarter pounder with cheese, no bun, no ketchup, no fries. LC has taken it's toll. lol

laranda 03-26-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15529530)
I'm much more likely to go to Carl's Jr. and get a guacamole turkey burger and fried zucchini, or In-N-Out for a double-double and fresh fries! YUM!

Oohhh yeah! :yummy:
Make those animal fries *drool*

Gweebles 03-26-2012 09:37 PM

I'll take my "pink slime" in the form of a McNugget. I used to be so addicted to those before they switched them to "all white meat". The dark meat ones were so awesome!

OhioGuy 03-26-2012 10:02 PM

lol, i second the mcnugget. i keep thinking its going to be my first UD meal.
im going to be the first person to try to lose weight via every other day mchuggetting myself to death!

laranda 03-27-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioGuy (Post 15529945)
lol, i second the mcnugget. i keep thinking its going to be my first UD meal.
im going to be the first person to try to lose weight via every other day mchuggetting myself to death!

:hyst:
That's sticking it to Morgan Spurlock.

Sounds good!
But I haven't had them in so long that I don't know if they'd be good.

MintQ8 03-27-2012 01:57 AM

Every 2 to 3 years I fancy KFC - have it and remember why I haven't eat!!!

But the odd burger!!!! YUM!!

oropendola 03-27-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15530059)
Every 2 to 3 years I fancy KFC - have it and remember why I haven't eat!!!

But the odd burger!!!! YUM!!

LOL Me too! The last time, I was so sick afterwards. Hopefully I'll remember that too the next time I'm tempted!

KeirasMom 03-27-2012 11:27 AM

There's a KFC a block from my house. We pick up from there probably 2-3 times a month. I still love it. :o

SoHappy 03-27-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioGuy (Post 15529945)
lol, i second the mcnugget. i keep thinking its going to be my first UD meal.
im going to be the first person to try to lose weight via every other day mchuggetting myself to death!

Hey! If Jared could lose his weight on sandwiches from Subway, you should be able to use McNuggets. :laugh:

SoHappy 03-27-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15530059)
Every 2 to 3 years I fancy KFC - have it and remember why I haven't eat!!!

But the odd burger!!!! YUM!!

I love KFC every time I have it. Which isn't very often, but OMG! I love how they flavor chicken! And how they can make that *extra crispy* coating! :yummy:

But I've never had any problem with it? :confused:

Now I'm in the mood for both the Big Mac and KFC extra crispy. :laugh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 AM.