Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
BOING-BOING-BOING!

HELP ME PLEASE! I started JUDDD on February 9th at 230#'s. I breezed thru the 220"s like the wind, but now I just bounce between 217 and 219. This has been going on for several days, to a week. I am trying to stay very true to my numbers, but I may have to change my way of eating my calories. I eat too much cheese, probably. And I think that has caused "bathroom" issues. Could also cut back on the sodium, I'm sure.

But, I have lost inches! A pair of jeans I couldn't wear 10 days ago fit now (I wore them yesterday), and my clothes that fit are now getting the baggy butt syndrome.

On the + side of things, I saw a guy in Wal-Mart today that I used to work with and had not seen since the company closed 6 years ago. He told me I looked better and younger than I did when we worked out there! He couldn't believe that I would be 70 this year. Needless to say, I walked on clouds the rest of the time.

I LOVE JUDDD, not only for the weight loss aspect, but because I FEEL so darn good! I will not ever be changing from this way of eating, even I don't lose another pound!

Any ideas on what I should do to get past this "hump"?

TIA

Carole

Last edited by arkie1; 03-21-2012 at 05:00 PM..
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Ahhh just read kinda the same issue on this thread

What am I doing wrong??

Maybe you can read that one!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
HELP ME PLEASE! I started JUDDD on February 9th at 230#'s. I breezed thru the 220"s like the wind, but now I just bounce between 217 and 219. This has been going on for several days, to a week. I am trying to stay very true to my numbers, but I may have to change my way of eating my calories. I eat too much cheese, probably. And I think that has caused "bathroom" issues. Could also cut back on the sodium, I'm sure.

But, I have lost inches! A pair of jeans I couldn't wear 10 days ago fit now (I wore them yesterday), and my clothes that fit are now getting the baggy butt syndrome.

On the + side of things, I saw a guy in Wal-Mart today that I used to work with and had not seen since the company closed 6 years ago. He told me I looked better and younger than I did when we worked out there! He couldn't believe that I would be 70 this year. Needless to say, I walked on clouds the rest of the time.

I LOVE JUDDD, not only for the weight loss aspect, but because I FEEL so darn good! I will not ever be changing from this way of eating, even I don't lose another pound!

TIA

Carole
Hello? Am I missing something here? You want to see a lower number on your scales more that you want to look and be slimmer?

You look and feel better but are concerned about a number?

You don't look 70....I can see that by looking at your lovely photo....

I would say that you are having great success with JUDDD.

Just relax, and continue as you are doing. The scale is only a machine, your today is is a living, breathing organism.

You are already a JUDDD success story Carole.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #4

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Carole! Don't worry. You're going to get over this little bump and continue to lose weight.

First of all, so you know that your UD and DD calorie numbers are set correctly? I can't remember whether anyone helped you with them or not, but occasionally somebody gets started and haven't quite got their calorie numbers set right, so that can slow results...

Then too, it just isn't unusual at all for someone to lose this week, lose more next week, and the week after that one shows more loss, and then.. the fourth week.. nothing. At all.
And then weight loss starts in again, and the pattern is repeated.

Also, you said you are having some bathroom issues, and truthfully, all it takes is to not *go* for a bit, and weight loss (as shown on the scale) seems to stop, when truthfully you are losing body fat, just not showing up on the scale until you have a real good visit to the bathroom! LOLOL! I don't know whether you eat quite low carb or not on JUDDD, but adding a lot of vegetables can really help many in that area. Also magnesium supplement, I understand, but I eat so many veggies, I would never need the magnesium too!

And, you never know. You may wake up tomorrow and find you're weighing less on your scale. You say that your body has reformed itself and you can now fit into clothing that was previously too small. So something is working inside you!

If your numbers are set accurately for you at this time, why not give this another week, and then if you are still not seeing any additional loss on the scale, it'll be time to look into this more deeply.

In the meantime, I'm glad you are loving JUDDD! I do too! Isn't it amazing?!!!

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-21-2012 at 05:16 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

TIA

Carole
Congrats on your losses, Carole, along with the inches lost, and that wonderful, wonderful complement! I would have been on Cloud 9 too!

I think you may just be at a temporary maintain because of 1) bathroom issue and 2) perhaps with the weight lost so far your body needs a short break to start losing again. This is VERY common!

Give it more time and if no losses occur, let us know and maybe something else needs looked at.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Let me tell you that I see a pattern in my WL. I keep a weight chart (graph paper and pen, very old fashioned!) and it's helpful to look at it since I started keeping it on August 1, 2011.

I tend to lose a certain amount and then just "hang out" at that weight for a while. But like you, I start noticing that I'm losing inches and my clothes are getting baggy BEFORE the scale moves again.

The first few weeks, I lost pretty fast. I went down 10 pounds and then just stayed at that weight for several days. Then I lost 5 more pounds and stayed there for almost 2 weeks! When I got to 20 pounds down by the beginning of September, I stayed right around that weight for two months just going up little, then back down or sometimes a bit below but always "resting" at the -20 mark. During November I dropped 4 more pounds and then 4 more at the beginning of December, but again...just stayed there.

Now I'm losing more slowly but my body still rests at a new low for a while before moving on. In fact, I noticed that I usually have to hit a new low between 4 and 6 times before I will drop below it to a "new" new low.

Let me say this and it's important. Fat is very voluminous but light. Think of something like the big blocks of styrofoam (that white spongy very light weight stuff used for packing). How much of that would you have to have to equal one pound??

Fat is light. That's why fat floats. (You know when you open chicken broth and the fat is floating? Or when I get in the swimming pool, there's no risk of drowning because FAT FLOATS!!) BUT fat takes up a lot of space under your skin and in your clothing!

Your scale will catch up!!! It will!

JUDD causes fat to burn and melt away while preserving muscle.

Muscle is slender, not voluminous like fat, but it is heavy and worth retaining! Think of a sleek, shiny bar of gold.

Now think one pound of gold. One pound of styrofoam.
Picture the difference in volume.

Do you get what I'm saying that "the scale will catch up?" When you notice your clothes getting baggy you can know for sure that there is a drop on the scale in your future.

Be patient, sweetie! JUDD is not a quick weight loss woe. It's a quick inches off (fat off) woe, though!

When I decided to lose weight on August 1st I was wearing size 18 jeans so tight I could not sit down in them! Now I'm in a comfortable, even loose in the butt and thighs, size 12!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #7

Nice analogies here. You some clever lady Yam-Yam
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much [B]KATIEBUBB, KISSA AND PAT[/B for your quick responses. Another reason that I love this forum so much.

Kissa, no, I love the fact that I'm losing inches, but I just want the scale to go along with it! LOL I guess it is just human nature to want to weigh less. And thanks so much for the "age" compliment. You know, I have even noticed the wrinkles between my eyebrows () fading! I noticed that yesterday, and kept looking in the mirror all day, just to confirm it!

Pat, no one has figured my numbers for me. I started with 230#, 5'3", 69years and no exercise. I have been eating up to 500 on the DD and 1954 on UD. Is this correct? Today is a DD, and I haven't eaten at all. I meant to get some magnesium when I went to Wal-Mart today, and walked out without it. I guess that means another trip there tomorrow! I think I need to just have my SS check sent to them, and be done with it! LOL

Again, Thanks to all of you!

Carole
Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and I read (maybe Dr. Dukan said this?) That our muscles are 70% water and even more when we work out or they are repairing or building.

Fat is less than half of one percent water! Fat has no water in it!! It is like styrofoam!!

Anyone remember Oprah wheeling out that red wagon with 65 pounds of chicken fat in it?? Anyone?? Do you remember what a huge pile of fat that was ?(She had lost 65 pounds and was wearing a size 10 jeans for about 10 minutes I think). That may have sounded too snarky. Sort of scratch that. Or just ignore it if it was unkind. But I remember one day I wore a size 8. But it was only that one day.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Do read that other post that Katie gave you a link to. I mentioned flaxseed oil capsules which are great and there are other good suggestions there, too.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Nice analogies here. You some clever lady Yam-Yam
Thanks, Cindy!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

SOPHIE & YAM-YAM....such insight! Thanks so much for your encouragment and wisdom!
I would have to dig out my records from some place (I moved in November, after 20 years in same place,and can't find anything!), but I think when I started low carb, I also got to a certain weight and stopped for a period of time. I guess I am just getting too impatient to see the pounds come off also. You have all made me feel much better!

Carole
Old 03-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
As I see these times when our weight just seems "stuck" is my theory that our bodies are just catching up to the weight loss we have had and then just when we think we need to "tweak, adjust, or re-figure" we get a loss again.

I just think our bodies need a break before continuing on the journey, almost like when we stop at that rest stop to stretch our legs and get a cup of coffee/soda/water and rest a bit!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #14

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Yes, Carole. You figured your calorie numbers exactly correctly! Stick with them for awhile. I always think we should make JUDDD prove to us that we are not the norm that the calorie numbers will work for before ever changing them.

And, of course, after we've lost a nice chunk, we can re-figure and adjust our calories a bit downward... IF that even becomes necessary.

Many of us find that after sticking to our numbers, and experiencing that UP/DOWN pounding acting of cycling between our Up and Down days, that we burn calories somewhat better than when we started, so we never have to lower those calories at all, even when we are a smaller person! Yay!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

What a great bunch of JUDDDers we have here! I feel "at home" when I'm on here. Thanks BEEB & again to you PAT. I'm now going to relax about the scale, and enjoy the other benefits I've gained from this WOE!

Carole
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
It's just happened to me - but I tend to only report my successes!!!

3 weeks ago, when I finally got my scale - I stepped on and weighed 230.2 - I was ecstatic!!!!! Then it jumped up to 237 - took a week to come back down to about 131 - then a week to get to 228.8 - then up to 232 (TOM) and another week till yesterday's new low of 127. Today, after yesterday's UD, I'm up a lb, not worried!!

Anyway, It's taken me 3 weeks to lose 3lbs - but I feel confident that I'm heading downwards again!!!

Your body is adjusting - don't tweak yet!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Vicky, thanks for your sage advice! You are doing great on JUDDD! Have you lost all your weight following JUDDD WOE? Like I said before, I would stay with eating this way, even if I didn't lose another pound, because I feel so good!

Carole
Old 03-22-2012, 03:04 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Carole!

This is happening to me too. Almost three weeks ago the scale pretty much stopped moving. But the inches are dropping faster than they ever have.

I have been around here longer, and have read about this happening to several people. Everyone who reported this happening, also came back and said, "Wow, the scales just took a plunge." So I just shrugged and realized I had to wait it out.

I have two theories (beyond what Yam-Yam & Sophie & Beeb said) about what is happening in my case:
1) I started including MDs to handle a lifestyle change.
2) Spring has sprung. I am back on anti-histamines and those always do a number on my body.

Be patient. Be strong. You have done so very well. I truly believe your scale is going to start moving down again.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #19

Dearest Carole, so glad you feeling happier again. Big hugs.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

The genuine interest all of you take when one of our BUDDDs has a (perceived or real) problem, is just amazing! Where else on this vast internet of people and problems would we find the that is shown with every post on this forum?

FYI- Today I was back down to my newest low of 217 that I had about 6 days ago.

Thanks to all of you for your insights and wonderful advice!

Carole
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The genuine interest all of you take when one of our BUDDDs has a (perceived or real) problem, is just amazing! Where else on this vast internet of people and problems would we find the that is shown with every post on this forum?

Carole

This is such a great update to read! Yay! I totally agree about the here.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #22

That's what I like to hear! WTG.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:

Carole
I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to post my thoughts on this, but am so glad you posted it. Everyone is always so helpful here! I it!

I'm so excited to hear you are down to your new low!

I knew you were headed for a drop! Keep up the good work!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Carole, I am so thrilled for the outcome of your dilema!! I recently was "stuck in neutral" too, and with help and encouragement from our trusty BUDDS had a great outcome too. It's funny how I can easily encourage someone else having a "moment", but when it's ME, I seem to need a BUDD BOOST myself!!!
You know, you sort of KNOW already but just need to HEAR it from the wonderful BUDDSTERS!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote