Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What am I doing wrong?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/763884-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html)

1BellaDonna 03-21-2012 05:15 PM

What am I doing wrong??

Hi guys! It's me again (neurotic newbie). :lol:

Can I please get some feedback if I'm doing something wrong? I know that the scale is expected to bounce but I'm just going up, up, up and don't know why.

First, here's my info I plugged in the calculator and what I've been doing.

Female, ex-hcg'er, 42 (will be in a few months), 155 lbs, sedentary, 5' 8", 20% Restriction (I want to get to 138:aprayer:)

Readout = UD = 1742 Calories ( am within 50 below or above)
DD = 348 Calories (I've been keeping them at 500 or just below)

* I'm eating low carb
TOM - due in 3 days
Bernice - Rarely visits me:o

Now, here are my weights.

3/13 (Last day of P2)- 154.2
3/14 (Ate P3 and decided to do JUDDD)- 154.2
3/15 (UD) 154.0
3/16 (DD) 154.2
3/17 (UD) 151.2 :jumpjoy: --- I did have wine today.
3/18 (DD) 152.6 :dunno:
3/19 (UD) 153.0 (OH OH!!!!)
3/20 (DD) 153.4
3/21 (UD) 153.6 :sad:

I'm not giving up on this WOE bc I need to find something that I can maintain and am excited by everyone's success. I'm just not sure why I keep creeping up. Anybody else have this initial situation? I want to be patient and will keep at it but am hoping I can get some insight as to what could be going on. Please help. (Sorry to keep bugging you guys)

SoHappy 03-21-2012 05:29 PM

My thought is that you are retaining some fluid as your body heads toward TOM. Uterine lining buildup, a bit of bloating, etc.

Plus, you have just come off of another plan, and although I have not done hcg, isn't P2 an extended time at about 500 calories daily? If so, I would think it's a pretty big WHAM to your body to suddenly switch to a plan where you've now had three UDs that were many, many more calories than a single P2 day.

So keeping both of those as possibilities, I think you are doing wonderfully! And after TOM has come and gone again, I expect you will be seeing a scale weight that you are happy with.

Stick with it. Do your rotation. Enjoy your foods. Respect your calorie numbers. Relax.

:laugh: I see no reason why JUDDD won't do well by you, just as it does for most. If you are still about the same weight a week after TOM is over, let's reassess.

Pami 03-21-2012 05:30 PM

Starting with the obvious-

Have you pooed?

Luna Loca 03-21-2012 05:32 PM

I have a week or so every month where my weight peaks. It creeps up and up and up and then it goes back down. And then takes a few more pounds with it. If I knew how, I could post my weight charts and show you.

If I had started during that week, I'd have been freaking out just like you are. As a matter of fact, I did freak out. But I kept on and if you're respecting your up day and down day numbers, don't freak out, just keep going and it'll go down.

Also measure! Lots of people lose inches but not pounds for a while. Inch loss doesn't show up on the scale, but is actually better because you LOOK thinner, whereas you're the only one who sees the scale number.

So relax, give this WOE time to work. :high5:

Edit: Here's my March daily weigh ins:

3/1: 190.2 UD
3/2: 189.8 DD
3/3: 189.2 UD
3/4: 189.4 DD
3/5: 189.0 UD
3/6: 188.8 DD
3/7: 188.4 UD
3/8: 187.4 DD
3/9: 186.8 UD
3/10: 187.6 DD
3/11: 187.2 UD
3/12: 186.6 DD
3/13: 185.6 UD (new low)
3/14: 187.0 DD (up)
3/15: 187.0 UD (same)
3/16: 187.6 DD (up)
3/17: 187.6 UD (same)
3/18: 186.6 DD (down a little)
3/19: 186.2 UD (down a little more)
3/20: 185.8 DD (down a little more)

3/21: 184.2 UD (new low)

See what I mean?

KeirasMom 03-21-2012 05:33 PM

I'm going to sound really dumb here, but I don't know who Bernice is. TOM, I wouldn't recognize if I saw him, it's been that long. But who's this Bernice I keep reading about?

sophiethecat 03-21-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15515178)
I'm going to sound really dumb here, but I don't know who Bernice is. TOM, I wouldn't recognize if I saw him, it's been that long. But who's this Bernice I keep reading about?

Was wondering the same :laugh: At first I thought it was another name for Tom, but he already got mentioned, lol.

krow134 03-21-2012 05:40 PM

Goodness, going through the same thing right now. Not totally freaking out about it though, because I am measuring and losing inches! I had a DD yesterday, did a total fast, got up this am so excited to see the results and I had gone from 178 to 181 overnight! I was just a little cranky about it, but I will let it pass!!

Anyways with TOM coming, really dont even step on the scale! TOM not only tortures you physcial but mental with the scale too! I find if I up my water just a tad, it helps too! I dont know why but I can bloat like a puffer fish during TOM!

Just as SoHappy said, wait til TOM is over! Oh and hid the scale for a few days!!!

KeirasMom 03-21-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15515190)
Was wondering the same :laugh: At first I thought it was another name for Tom, but he already got mentioned, lol.

That's what I thought too. I finally figured out who Mia and Ed are. Bernice is still a mystery. :o

sophiethecat 03-21-2012 05:45 PM

Belladonna, unless I'm reading your stats totally wrong, it looks like you've been JUDDDg a week and have lost some weight. Granted, it's not earth-shattering loss just yet, but it's great for one week! Remember, you 1) just came off another plan that was totally different and it's causing your body to shift gears hard 2) Tom is nigh at the door 3) it's still your first week of JUDDD.

Remember Pat's bouncing ball analogy... ball bounces up-down-up-down as it bounces down the stairs, but overall it will go down.

If I were you, I wouldn't change anything, just keep going with the rotation, respecting your calorie numbers (the 500 cal. DD are fine, btw). You need to give it another couple weeks at least, and see what happens.

I agree that it may be best to stay off the scales til Tom is gone from your door again.

:hugs: Just keep going - you're on the right track! :high5:

sophiethecat 03-21-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15515197)
That's what I thought too. I finally figured out who Mia and Ed are. Bernice is still a mystery. :o

With the :o smilie after it, I wonder if it could mean a BM??? (what Pami said, lol)

ellgee 03-21-2012 05:49 PM

Okay - as for Bernice - and I'm old so it may be foggy - but it's about pooping.

I think it stands for "Be r(eal) nice if I could poop" or something like that.

Laura

KeirasMom 03-21-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee (Post 15515225)
Okay - as for Bernice - and I'm old so it may be foggy - but it's about pooping.

I think it stands for "Be r(eal) nice if I could poop" or something like that.

Laura

:hyst: That's GREAT!

Sammyann 03-21-2012 05:57 PM

I wouldn't change anything. You are down a pound which is good. I'm sure it will go down more once TOM is over and the bathroom issue is resolved. Hang in there.

krow134 03-21-2012 05:59 PM

Ahhh for Bernice. You should make yourself some kind of a cabbage dish! Cooked, fried, boiled, however you would like it. It releases the hounds everytime for me!!!!

Kissa 03-21-2012 06:05 PM

"This is not a race."

Just be patient, and listen to all the advice above. Big hugs while you are waiting for the magic.

gotsomeold 03-21-2012 06:07 PM

Bella, I encourage you to get a few days past TOM and see if anything happens.

Some of us create sirtuin enzymes more slowly than others. That can lead to a slow start. However, once those enzymes reach a certain level in your body, things usually pick up. Since your hormones are flowing and you are coming off low-cal P2, that may be what is happening.

I lost 1 pound a week the first three weeks. Then in the fourth week I 'felt' different and changed to a 2 to 2.5 pounds per week pattern...not bad for post-menopause and semi-sedentary.

Be patient. Your body is sorting this out.

Yam-Yam 03-21-2012 06:07 PM

You should check out this thread and toggle down to look at Pami's weight chart! It's a very great and true illustration of what will happen in the beginning and then the trend will be down, down, down....

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...e-bounces.html

Yam-Yam 03-21-2012 06:13 PM

Stir a teaspoon of psyllium into a quarter glass of ice water and drink it (metamucil works and you can buy sugar free in lemonade, orange or berry). Then drink a bunch more water or maybe something hot like tea or coffee. Hot chocolate with a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil it great, too.

And, take 2 flaxseed oil capsules.

My DD was having a terrible time with Berneice staying away:hyst::hyst: Sorry it cracks me up because I never heard that before either!:hyst:

Anyway, her doctor told her about the flaxseed oil capsules and has her taking them every day. She has never had a problem since and now any time I need a little help I do the same and it works so great!

And, yes, that can contribute to the numbers on the scale being a bit higher. :hugs: Hope everything comes out OK for you. :) ahem.

sophiethecat 03-21-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15515315)
Stir a teaspoon of psyllium into a quarter glass of ice water and drink it (metamucil works and you can buy sugar free in lemonade, orange or berry). Then drink a bunch more water or maybe something hot like tea or coffee. Hot chocolate with a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil it great, too.

And, take 2 flaxseed oil capsules.

My DD was having a terrible time with Berneice staying away:hyst::hyst: Sorry it cracks me up because I never heard that before either!:hyst:

Anyway, her doctor told her about the flaxseed oil capsules and has her taking them every day. She has never had a problem since and now any time I need a little help I do the same and it works so great!

And, yes, that can contribute to the numbers on the scale being a bit higher. :hugs: Hope everything comes out OK for you. :) ahem.

[quote]
Hope everything comes out OK for you....[/quote

Rebounding on mini trampoline is great too! Coffee..tea.

DD80 03-21-2012 06:31 PM

Sounds like you don't need to change anything. I think JUDDD is working it's magic because you dropped a pound or so in a week. It takes 2-3 weeks for JUDDD to really start working and with TOM mixed in, it might seem to take longer. I had a 2 1/2 week stall before my first period on JUDDD. It's like my body didn't know what I was doing. If I'm trying to lose weight, I usually have this issue around my period, but if I maintain or lose slightly (and I'm talkin' .5 or less) before my period, I will usually be rewarded with a 2-3 lb loss after it goes. AND, this is with me on the pill. I've been told that even women going through menopause have this issue.

So, stick to your numbers and keep chugging along. Give it a good month! Also, with you being in P3, just the fact that you haven't gained after P2 is HUGE! Lots of people do. I think you will be :) if you stick to this!

1BellaDonna 03-21-2012 06:31 PM

LOL!!! You guys are so wonderful in your support and how much you make me giggle! Don't feel bad about not knowing about "Bernice". I didn't know what it meant for a long time and was trying to figure who in the heck she was! (Yes, it refers to BM/poo). I must admit that I'm not regular EVER. For a while I would eat fiber gummies each day (5-6, when the serving is 2) and along with my regular intake of espresso, I'd be..er...successful every 4 or so days (MAYBE?!?). I love veggies and am making sure that I eat them along with taking my the fiber gummies (and my daily espresso). Unfortunately, she really does NOT like visiting me. I even try to entice her with upping my water. Sigh.

Anyway, I definitely want to keep going and will stick with my rotations. I didn't expect to lose a big chunk or even quickly (I always lose slowly compared to many.). I just was worried bc I'm slowly creeping up about .2 lbs each day. Looking forward to TOM. (Whoa!! What did I just write?)

I'll stay on rotation track, try to avoid the scale a few days, and will check in with you guys. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice!!

DD80 03-21-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BellaDonna (Post 15515362)
LOL!!! You guys are so wonderful in your support and how much you make me giggle! Don't feel bad about not knowing about "Bernice". I didn't know what it meant for a long time and was trying to figure who in the heck she was! (Yes, it refers to BM/poo). I must admit that I'm not regular EVER. For a while I would eat fiber gummies each day (5-6, when the serving is 2) and along with my regular intake of espresso, I'd be..er...successful every 4 or so days (MAYBE?!?). I love veggies and am making sure that I eat them along with taking my the fiber gummies (and my daily espresso). Unfortunately, she really does NOT like visiting me. I even try to entice her with upping my water. Sigh.

Anyway, I definitely want to keep going and will stick with my rotations. I didn't expect to lose a big chunk or even quickly (I always lose slowly compared to many.). I just was worried bc I'm slowly creeping up about .2 lbs each day. Looking forward to TOM. (Whoa!! What did I just write?)

I'll stay on rotation track, try to avoid the scale a few days, and will check in with you guys. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice!!

We cross-posted. You are on the right track! I only want to say that you shouldn't stay away from the scale. Your numbers will give you an idea of what to expect next month, and so on and so forth. It will give you a better idea of how your body reacts to certain foods, times of the month, etc. :)

shirleychef 03-21-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BellaDonna (Post 15515150)
Hi guys! It's me again (neurotic newbie). :lol:

Can I please get some feedback if I'm doing something wrong? I know that the scale is expected to bounce but I'm just going up, up, up and don't know why.

First, here's my info I plugged in the calculator and what I've been doing.

Female, ex-hcg'er, 42 (will be in a few months), 155 lbs, sedentary, 5' 8", 20% Restriction (I want to get to 138:aprayer:)

Readout = UD = 1742 Calories ( am within 50 below or above)
DD = 348 Calories (I've been keeping them at 500 or just below)

* I'm eating low carb
TOM - due in 3 days
Bernice - Rarely visits me:o

Now, here are my weights.

3/13 (Last day of P2)- 154.2
3/14 (Ate P3 and decided to do JUDDD)- 154.2
3/15 (UD) 154.0
3/16 (DD) 154.2
3/17 (UD) 151.2 :jumpjoy: --- I did have wine today.
3/18 (DD) 152.6 :dunno:
3/19 (UD) 153.0 (OH OH!!!!)
3/20 (DD) 153.4
3/21 (UD) 153.6 :sad:

I'm not giving up on this WOE bc I need to find something that I can maintain and am excited by everyone's success. I'm just not sure why I keep creeping up. Anybody else have this initial situation? I want to be patient and will keep at it but am hoping I can get some insight as to what could be going on. Please help. (Sorry to keep bugging you guys)

First I'm not an experienced JUDDDer BUT I have done 3 hcg rounds (see stats below).

Second... you are perfectly stable, so may I ask why you are concerned about how JUDDD is going? You are less than your LDW according to your stats and that is AWESOME... YOU GO GIRL!! :jumpjoy: Were you hoping to lose right away?? That would be a concern IMO. I think using JUDDD to help you stabilize in phase 3... then start tweeking you cal allotment to lose starting in phase 4 is a better plan then trying to use JUDDD to lose in phase 3. IMO, your body needs to just be stable for a while before trying to lose again.. the hcg protocol is TOUGH on the body, it stressed the adrenals, thyroid, etc. So being stable eating a nutrient dense diet is AWESOME...

Third, if you are not familiar with the health benefits of activating the SIRT1 Gene through JUDDDing then I'd suggest you do some research. I'm 40 and am REALLY excited about what I'm reading regarding the HEALTH benefits of JUDDDing. Thus... I'll be starting soon. I'm just ending phase 3 of my last round of hcg.

So IMO, your stats look awesome. I've read that not everyone loses the first couple weeks... so you are doing great. You may benefit from weekly weighing verses daily weighing.. I know it is against Simeons protocol. BUT you are stable as a rock girl... so if the little ups and downs bother you they are adding stress to you which does not allow your body to heal from the stress of the hcg protocol... IMO.

Whatever you decide... you are VERY stable... and you really should be so extremely proud of yourself!! :up:

krow134 03-21-2012 07:11 PM

if Bernice is a regular problem. You should try colace. Not the stimulant but the everyday softner. You can take it daily!! I pass this med the most to people!!!! It doesnt cause cramping or anything and it would really help alot better than vitamins since its a frequent issue! Not to put my nose in your business (pun intended!!!) but its a bad idea to allow poo to lie around in your colon to long!!!

SoHappy 03-21-2012 07:14 PM

Also, have you tried the magnesium? Apparently people swear by that stuff for regularity.

And then, there's that Activia yogurt stuff.

Can't vouch for either. Just offering possibilities for help. :)

oropendola 03-21-2012 07:40 PM

Thank you for clearing up Bernice for me. LOL
I make a glucomannan jello for regularity.
1 C water
1 tsp glucomannan powder
2 squirts any flavor SF syrup. I love lemon, hazelnut, blueberry and peach. Mixing Sobe Fugi Apple Pear with Blueberry is amazingly good.
Throw it all into a magic bullet until it's foamy and thick.

SoHappy 03-21-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oropendola (Post 15515548)
1 C water
1 tsp glucomannan powder
2 squirts any flavor SF syrup. I love lemon, hazelnut, blueberry and peach. Mixing Sobe Fugi Apple Pear with Blueberry is amazingly good.

It has just the opposite effect for me. It stays in there for a long, long time. Talk about feeling full on a Down Day. :laugh:

oropendola 03-21-2012 07:55 PM

We're all different in our own special way. Trial and error seems to be the name of the game. :) Sometimes I feel like a mad scientist.

Yam-Yam 03-21-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oropendola (Post 15515548)
1 C water
1 tsp glucomannan powder

What's a magic bullet? :dunno: I just placed my order with Netrition so I will be getting the gluc powder for the first time. never had it before.

when I saw your recipe, it looked really interesting and like something I will try. So, after you mix everything together, do you put it in the fridge until it "sets" and is the consistency just like jello?

oropendola 03-21-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15515641)
What's a magic bullet? :dunno: I just placed my order with Netrition so I will be getting the gluc powder for the first time. never had it before.

when I saw your recipe, it looked really interesting and like something I will try. So, after you mix everything together, do you put it in the fridge until it "sets" and is the consistency just like jello?

The glucomannan sets it. You can put it in the fridge if you want it cold, or in the microwave if you like it hot. On my down days I make 1/2 C almond milk, 1/2 C water, 1 tsp gluc powder and 1 packet of Splenda. It's a very nice hot cereal.

google magic bullet (I don't think they'll let me post the URL, I already got dinged once. lol). It's a small blender. The cups can go into the microwave. Walmart carries them now. I bought mine online 5 years ago and use it every day.