Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
UD Feeling

Does anyone else feel this way, that on UD even though you stay within your calorie limit you feel like you are just eating SO much. I mean I just got done with lunch which I know I ate too much in one meal but supper will be smaller but I am STUFFED.

Just thought I would share that thought of my day!
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Oh yes. And I'm usually stuffed after I eat lunch. It's so annoying because I want to eat everything so badly, but my stomach says, "no that's not happening." Then it laughs at me. But, when I see that scale move down, I'm so happy that I get to eat "like a pig."
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
It is truly amazing - I had a huge bagel w/cream cheese for breakfast, and now I'm sitting here stuffed from my Subway sub ... I've got a can of mixed fruit to eat in the afternoon, and then a pot pie for dinner. And I know from reading the posts that we have to eat in order for this plan to work, but all I want to do is go somewhere and lay down!!! So DD and I are going to Curves this evening, so hopefully that will help work some of this food down, whew!!! I don't know how it works, but I sure am glad it does!!!

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Yes! I'm upping the calories on the things I do eat so I don't feel stuffed all the time. Today is pizza for lunch and nachos with 7 layer dip for dinner.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
I just notice that I think about food and eat less - sometimes - on an UD than I do on a DD. For me, there's still that mental "can/can't have it" thing. Although, as I think about it, I have had thoughts of wishing I could eat a bit more because I do get satisfied more quickly on an UD.

After posting my UD menu on the daily thread, I see I need to eat a bit more.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh golly YES

Never, never would I have believed I would ever shriek, "What do you mean there are only 400 calories in that fillintheblank! I need 700 or I'm gonna have to eat something else!"
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
It is truly amazing - I had a huge bagel w/cream cheese for breakfast, and now I'm sitting here stuffed from my Subway sub ... I've got a can of mixed fruit to eat in the afternoon, and then a pot pie for dinner. And I know from reading the posts that we have to eat in order for this plan to work, but all I want to do is go somewhere and lay down!!! So DD and I are going to Curves this evening, so hopefully that will help work some of this food down, whew!!! I don't know how it works, but I sure am glad it does!!!
MMMMmmmmmm bagel and cream cheese. Can you tell it's a DD for me? Tomorrow, I'll probably be like, "meh."

All I do is think about all the things I'm going to eat on my UD when I'm on my DD, but when the UD comes, I get full too quickly and think that I really shouldn't be eating this much...blah blah blah. Yes, I make it up to my calories no problem...cause I love food, but it's crazymaking and hilarious at the same time.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Oh golly YES

Never, never would I have believed I would ever shriek, "What do you mean there are only 400 calories in that fillintheblank! I need 700 or I'm gonna have to eat something else!"
Or, I'm just like, well, I may as well have the other 3 cadbury eggs. Who needs dinner today? Stomachache? ...Doesn't matter cause I have to eat ALL my UD calories. These Cadbury Eggs are VITAL to my weight loss. I have to eat those calories, you know...
Old 03-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Oh golly YES

So true!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Or, I'm just like, well, I may as well have the other 3 cadbury eggs. Who needs dinner today? Stomachache? ...Doesn't matter cause I have to eat ALL my UD calories. These Cadbury Eggs are VITAL to my weight loss. I have to eat those calories, you know...
Tick..adds more chocolate to my UD list. tyvm!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

I would sometimes find myself lagging in UD calories until after dinner when I'd break into the wine. Wine = munchies = unseemly amounts of snacks thrown down the ol' hatch.

Um, so then it became a matter of trying to slam the breaks on so I wouldn't blow my UD. lol.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Quote:
MMMMmmmmmm bagel and cream cheese. Can you tell it's a DD for me? Tomorrow, I'll probably be like, "meh."

All I do is think about all the things I'm going to eat on my UD when I'm on my DD, but when the UD comes, I get full too quickly and think that I really shouldn't be eating this much...blah blah blah. Yes, I make it up to my calories no problem...cause I love food, but it's crazymaking and hilarious at the same time.
I'm the same way!! Last night, as I was ending my DD, I was already planning my meals for today and plugging them into ************!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heatherwagnon
Stats: 156.6/124.2/125
WOE: HCG rx/JUDDD/LC
Start Date: R1 10/10 R2 1/12
Quote:

Oh this is SO me! I plan my UD menu all day on my DD just waiting for my UD only to get to UD and say "i'm so full I can't eat another thing, thank goodness tomorrow's a DD"...to be put on repeat the next DD waiting for my UD lol
heatherwagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Definitely not me! I still haven't managed to keep down to my UD calorie limit yet
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
I was actually thinking that about DD too that I feel so much less "full".

I also don't think about food as much as I did before and obsess over it.

Wonderful JUDDD..
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: scotslvr
Does anyone not count calories on up days? I know Dr. Johnson gives a number in the calorie counter, but he also says in the book to eat what you want on up days IIRC. I am thinking that with the DDs in between that we would naturally not over eat too much. I am thinking about only counting on down days and wanting to know if that works for anyone else?
scotslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslvr View Post
Does anyone not count calories on up days? I know Dr. Johnson gives a number in the calorie counter, but he also says in the book to eat what you want on up days IIRC. I am thinking that with the DDs in between that we would naturally not over eat too much. I am thinking about only counting on down days and wanting to know if that works for anyone else?
I count in my head, but I don't write it down. I've been doing ok so far. *knock on wood*
Old 03-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

I just went back and read all the responses. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is always a day ahead of myself. And Sophie, wine has the same effect on me, except it always has me reaching for "just one more glass." I swear I pour myself 1/4 glasses...I just do it 10 times.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Good to hear, DD80!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Not me!! I wish I had more calories to eat! I LOVE eating on my UDs and have never felt I could eat "too much"!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
NEVER. I could go for another 1000 calories and be happy. My favorite foods are REALLY high calorie items. I count everything so I am well aware when I am getting up up and away.
I am not one that can eat just what I need. I keep seeing something I want a tad of and the calories start adding up and up. Now DD's are not my problem. I can do without quite easily.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

I guess I better track what I am eating so I know how many calories and can make adjustments as needed. I like high calorie foods too.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
There are days when I'm not as hungry as others, but after the first couple of weeks, I've had no problem reaching my UD calories. I don't have a problem stopping at them either, but I'm really conscious about what I'm eating, good, bad, or indifferent.

There are days I wouldn't "mind" eating more.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #24

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslvr View Post
Some measure all foods and portions and track/count their calories on UDs. Some guesstimate and enter the calorie counts, pretty well. And some just are careful.

If it works for you to do UDs without counting calories, that's makes it real easy, doesn't it. You should know by about the end of the second week whether you can do a good job at JUDDD that way or not. Good weight loss = probably doing a good job.

There is only one additional *sort of* danger/problem I know of about not counting on UDs. Obviously, overstepping your Up Day calorie number by very much, very often, is really going to slow your weight loss down, but also, if you undereat by quite a bit, that can actually cause you to have pretty darned slow weight loss too. And for some folks, it even seems to make their own metabolic rate more sluggish than it already is.

So it's kind of a good thing for most to hit that UD calorie number reasonably close. It really seems to aid weight loss for most of us.

And Dr. J referring to eating without counting but not intentionally overeating.. I don't even know of somebody who actually sets out and intentionally overeats! They're trying a weight loss diet, but they're going to intentionally overeat? Please. But they can overeat. And completely without intending to. Hence the idea that tracking your UD calories too is probably the better choice. Never-the-less, many don't.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #25

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I'm all over the place. I have up days where I feel like I can't eat enough. Then I have up days where I've eaten all I should but still want more.

I do count my up days, except once when I ate at places and things that I couldn't track. Local restaurants, with no nutritional info. And how do you track "ate about a third of that huge stack of french fries they put on my plate"? But that was only one day. The rest of the time I track pretty religiously.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well for me being only 3 weeks into this.. i do count for both days.. and feel its very important to count my UD especially due to i have a habit of wanting to keep that down day feeling going.. also when i didnt count and then added it up the day after i realized that i was not getting close .. i fell shy about 500 calories..So for me i sometimes start adding my food to my tracker based on what i plan to eat for the day.. see what number that gives me.. and then add the peanutbutter as needed to get me to where i need to be... i love peanutbutter now... its 200 calories for not much food in the tummy but packs that wollop i need to get me to goal. IMO only.
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

It does sound like a good idea to keep track at this point. Maybe by maintenance I will have a better feel for what a good up day is without counting, but I am going to count for now. Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Some days I can easily overeat on UDs. Yesterday was the opposite. I had about 800 calories saved for dinner, and was having a Lenten dinner at church. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, roll w/butter, slice of pound cake. I was FULL to bursting. Almost uncomfortable. I thought for sure I'd be WAY over on my calories when I got home to record it.

I was right at the correct level.

I was just surprised how full I felt.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Scotlver, I just totally got ur pic. I'm slowwwwwo. Wow I couldn't make it. I though why would anyone want to show off the mop sitting in the corner. My glasses do wonders.
We had a Scotty dog when i was a kid. He was tough lil' guy, would run other big dogs off that came into our yard. Woops. Refocusing.
And now I see we have two Dawns. Good deal.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Ayes Carla again, I'm with u on the UD cal loud.
but it's the price to pay!
yesterday feeling so full ALLLL day I missed most of my head rush. I feel cheated, kinda. Smile
But feel it this morning on my UD. So going with that until I eat.
Taking peeps advice to eat earlier and high cal.
Oh PayDay candy bar where are u.
thanks guys
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote