Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #31
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I have so much trouble with my DD, going over 500 each and every day! But I try and just keep going with this WOE!! The last meal of the day is my hardest, I have found a meal that helps is a nice saled with low calorie ranch dressing then a hard fried egg on top! I know it sound odd!!! But it is Really good and stays with me!
I would like to suggest if you are having problems with the "500" number up the DD calories some. I started and stayed at 700 calories with no problem in the hunger department, going over my calories OR losing weight. It this will make JUDDD work for you, then try it out!!

Sometimes we need a little more "wiggle" room to succeed!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Great thread....really helpful for a newbie like me.

I'm finding sparkling water (like mendota or perrier) helps me feel full.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
My problem time is also the evening. I just want to snack. Having DH next to me munching on bags of tortilla chips with salsa or spooning a heaping bowl of ice cream into his face doesn't help much.

I've been extremely pleased with my cravings, this WOE just makes them manageable, for most of the time. Flo is not pleased when I diet, and makes her beeyatchy presence known every month with insatiable hunger.

I also control calorie intake until 2:30-3pm when I can, in order to "save" those calories for a larger dinner so evening snacking can be controlled.

Seems to work. My DDs rarely go above 550, and are usually around 500.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I would like to suggest if you are having problems with the "500" number up the DD calories some. I started and stayed at 700 calories with no problem in the hunger department, going over my calories OR losing weight. It this will make JUDDD work for you, then try it out!!

700 calories is a wonderful amount I believe I can live with!

Thanks so much for the great suggestion!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Leonak, I planned to start at 500 cals and hit 750 on my first DD. It took me two weeks to get down to 500 (shaving off about 25/DD). Since then I have gone as low as 200. But most days 500 feels right.

I agree a salad plus protein plus a little fat can be a very satisfying but low-cal meal.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BuffBabe2B
Stats: 308.6/197.5/153
WOE: Atkins/LC JUDDD
Start Date: 5/25/08
I don't eat breakfast on up or down days...I have been in the habit of skipping and it's really no problem for me as long as I have coffee. I use 100-150 calories on DD's lunch, about 250 on dinner, and the rest for evening snacks. I also try to have dinner as late as possible. I hate that hungry feeling when I go to bed so I try really hard to avoid it.

I struggled with the first couple of down days because I was still in the Atkins mindset of fatty meats, butter, etc. Once I started finding lower fat options that allowed me to eat more, I have been pretty well satisfied. And even when I feel deprived, I just keep remembering that there's always tomorrow...

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?"
BuffBabe2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Does anyone have an issue with stopping eating once you start? I can usually fast until dinner time (with minimal hunger as long as I have water) but once I start eating around dinner time, LOOK OUT! Anything and everything can and will be eaten. I've found that if I don't fast all day (have a HB egg for breakfast and/or a light salad for lunch), I have much more control over my evening eating.
shelbyla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Today is a DD and as I sit here I am feeling hungry.

But that is fine, it isn't the worst thing in the world. I find I manage pretty well most DDs with a 'milky coffee', well in my case I use Soy but that is just me.

Today, after my workout DH was enjoying an egg and cress sandwich and I asked him for a bite of that. Had he not been beside me eating I wouldn't have gone looking for something to eat. It was simply a case of see food and eat it!

Since then, it is almost 6.30 here in the UK, I have had one cup of tea and a couple of little cookies that total about 50 cals, again because we are sitting together and he is eating a cookie of 10 with his tea. (I love being able to eat along with him after LC.)

This evening I plan on a protein and vegetable meal.

I am lucky that most DDs are rally easy for me. I think the key has been accepting hung as something natural and liveable with.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I have enjoyed reading all the responses to the OP.

For the first few weeks I accepted the challenge of "what can I eat all day and not be hungry under 500 calories?" Some days I was under 400 even. Now I know what I "can" have and find ways to add them in -even if I don't "need" them. And the calories creep up -to 650 some days. And I'd like to stay under!!!

I am truly going to focus on my next few DD's and stop the mindless eating! I truly don't "need" to eat. But I really enjoy canned salmon or tuna on a Wasa. I look forward to my DD's to eat it. And sometimes as a snack on an UD.

I fast till I REALLY need to eat. Coffee and 1/2T HH or almond milk in 2-3 cups of coffee do well for me. Broth with some Spicy Garlic grinded in. Delicious and filling! (found a grinder with red pepper and dehydrated garlic- delish!!)
Old 03-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: scotslvr
Well, after saying how hard some down days are, I had a really good one today.

I am still pretty new to this. This coming Monday will be 3 weeks so maybe my *forgot the name of it* gene is kicking in.
scotslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to say - I usually skip breakfast too and eat half my calories (200) at lunch and then try to wait as long as possible to have the other 200. I think having something closer to bedtime is better for me. I have early morning tachycardia and I have noticed it is worse on the morning after my down days so I think eating right before bed on low calorie days might help keep my blood sugar more even during the night. I don't really know what causes my tachycardia so I am just guessing, but I think this is best for me. I get calories mid day to get me through the work day and then later at night.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
There are two times a day things can go very, very wrong on a DD. 1) if the kids have leftovers from lunch they sometimes make a detour into my mouth instead of the trash and 2) when making dinner I am sometimes so hungry, and the sight of the food I'm preparing is just too much, so I reach for spicy pickled carrots to have something to chew on while I'm getting it together.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslvr View Post
Forgot to say - I usually skip breakfast too and eat half my calories (200) at lunch and then try to wait as long as possible to have the other 200. I think having something closer to bedtime is better for me. I have early morning tachycardia and I have noticed it is worse on the morning after my down days so I think eating right before bed on low calorie days might help keep my blood sugar more even during the night. I don't really know what causes my tachycardia so I am just guessing, but I think this is best for me. I get calories mid day to get me through the work day and then later at night.
I've had tachycardia for years and years and have been medicated for it with no real "reason" given for my tachycardia. I now know I have hypothyroidism and wonder if it might be Hashimoto's, which causes swings between hypo and hyperthyroidism. One of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism is tachycardia. Have you had your thyroid tested?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laranda
Stats: 185lbs 5'1/147/GOAL-110
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: LC Since 09 JUDDD - 1/30/12
I have tried different strategies, but I have yet to find a combination that works for me yet. I suspect that it is mental. That is my life story, my thoughts get in the way of my weight loss. I don't particularly mind being hungry, it's the irritability that has been getting to me. I get upset that a particular day is a DD and that I can't eat so much. It gets to the point where I want to go to bed early so I can wake up to an UD. Usually I have some idea as to what I am doing wrong that is making me feel lousy or causing me to stall...this time I *am* losing and feeling lousy, my brain cannot make up it's mind about whether it wants to eat whatever it wants and stay heavy/unhealthy or whether it wants to feel uncomfortable and lose weight.

Mini goal: 159 - MET 5/5/11 !
Mini goal (unexpected): fit into a sz 12 jacket! 5/18/11
Mini goal: 145 (license weight) - we met, briefly 10/10/11
Mini goal: 132 (no longer overweight)
laranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post

This is what works for me (adding more cals on my DD). I have trouble at night if bored or haven't eaten enough protein during the day. but I find I still lose very well if I can add a couple hundred cals on DDs. If I get really hungry I eat a hard boiled egg or two ounces of mozzarella. I have gone off the rails every Friday I've tried to have a DD including today. So tomorrow will be my DD. There's too much social stuff going on for me on Friday nights and I almost always go out to eat and blow off steam. It's just tougher for me to try to rein in my choices in my "the work week is over - lets celebrate!" mode. So I am learning as I go. Tues/Thurs/Sat with a MD on Sun or Monday works well for me. I still lose a lb per DD on average! I'm ok with that! During the daytime I dont have trouble staying on track. I drink coffee almost all day and iced tea and have protein shakes most DD lunches lately with a chicken Caesar salad for dinner (no croutons, light dressing) but breakfast is the meal that varies the most. I am finding that small protein snacks keep cravings at bay the best along with evening or lunchtime exercise. Breakfast does seem to help keep me from messing up on my DDs. It's the days I don't eat something solid in the morning that I've run into failure. Lesson learned!
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Does anyone have an issue with stopping eating once you start? I can usually fast until dinner time (with minimal hunger as long as I have water) but once I start eating around dinner time, LOOK OUT! Anything and everything can and will be eaten. I've found that if I don't fast all day (have a HB egg for breakfast and/or a light salad for lunch), I have much more control over my evening eating.
Yes! This is me exactly!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I've had tachycardia for years and years and have been medicated for it with no real "reason" given for my tachycardia. I now know I have hypothyroidism and wonder if it might be Hashimoto's, which causes swings between hypo and hyperthyroidism. One of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism is tachycardia. Have you had your thyroid tested?
I have hypothyroidism and am in range with Synthroid. I also have a small multi-nodular goiter that they are keeping an eye on. If it gets bigger they will biopsy it. I do wonder about Hashimoto's but they have never done the antibody testing on me. I guess they figure it is treated the same way so why bother. I had the tachycardia before being diagnosed with hypothyroidism so I know it isn't the thyroid meds. It is weird with all the testing that it never shows up in a hyper state even when my heart rate is high when I go in for blood work.

I think my tachycardia may be caused by a form of dysautonomia. I have read that it goes along with fibromyalgia and is a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system's ability to regulate heart rate. I don't really know though.
scotslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I must eat breakfast too, or I can't control the eating later in the day. Something with protein will keep me happy till lunch, when I have a salad with some protein, or the cabbage dish (non-cheese versions only). Dinner is always whatever protein I fix for the family and veggies.

The hardest time for me is 3-5pm. I get the munchies and feel like I could just eat and eat and eat (happens on UD's too).

But if I don't eat and try to save calories for then, I get really crabby, and light headed and head-achy, which is no good at all.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, I think I just need to make that time to be outside away from the kitchen.