Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Computer crashed...I miss all y'all!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/763747-computer-crashed-i-miss-all-yall.html)

piratejenny 03-20-2012 06:48 PM

Computer crashed...I miss all y'all!!!

I got a little tablet but have to "type" with a stylus...too slow!

But I'm doing JUDDD again (2nd DD today) and HAD to pop in & say hi. :)

In the past, I've been discouraged/derailed because my diabetes med (metformin) has caused stomach problems on DDs...but i got bloodwork done recently & IMO the results don't justify the discomfort & dietary problems! So I'm going to take a break from the med & see if JUDDD + more exercise get some results. Maybe I can try a different med.

I hope everyone has been really awesome! Happy spring! :)

sophiethecat 03-20-2012 06:51 PM

Like I said in the other post, it's soooo good to see you back here again! :hugs: :hugs: Yay! :) And so cool that you're JUDDDg again! Hope it gives you great results. :)

gotsomeold 03-20-2012 07:14 PM

We missed you PJ!! Welcome back!

krow134 03-20-2012 07:25 PM

Welcome back!!! I have heard so much about you! Glad to meet you!!!!

KeirasMom 03-20-2012 07:49 PM

Woohoo! Welcome back PJ!!

Beeb 03-20-2012 09:26 PM

OH PJ....:welcome: back! You were missed by this Beeb very much!! :hugs:

hockey_gal 03-20-2012 11:14 PM

Welcome back - I just thought you moved on. You really tried JUDDD and it didn't work...or so I thought...but if you were on meds, it would probably be hard to lose doing anything. Who knows? If you weren't doing LC or JUDDD, you would have probably gained weight. So good for you!!! Keep on keeping on...

gotitnow 03-21-2012 01:04 AM

I want to welcome you back too. I dont think I had started posting until after you were away for awhile. I read in the forum for a while first and always enjoyed your posts. I was not new to JUDDD, just new to this forum. My mom could not take metformin because of upset stomach and was put on a diff med. Anyway, so glad you're here again. I feel fortunate to be a part of this great community of BUDDS!!! Hope everything smoothes out soon! :)

Phyl :heart:

sunday 03-21-2012 04:05 AM

Welcome back PJ! There is another newbie here that received great results with JUDDD and her diabetes from Norway. I can't remember her name, will try and find her post, but she is having great results with JUDDD! I wish you the best of luck. :hugs:

mattsmama 03-21-2012 04:11 AM

YAY!!:jumpjoy: My JUDDD BUDDD is back!!:jumpjoy:

Missed you, Pirate Jenny! SO glad you are back!

:heart::heart::heart:

sunday 03-21-2012 04:19 AM

I am so excited for Norwegian Wife and wanted you to see this... :)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...-diabetes.html

Kissa 03-21-2012 04:22 AM

Oh how truly, truly lovely to have you back PJ. I have been so worried, and it just hasn't been the same here without your special humour.

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::welcome::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::welc ome::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Kissa 03-21-2012 04:23 AM

Oh how truly, truly lovely to have you back PJ. I have been so worried, and it just hasn't been the same here without your special humour.

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::welcome::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

mykidsteacher 03-21-2012 07:40 AM

Woohoo, PJ is back! I've missed you! I'm visiting my Mom right now, so not around much, but snuck off with her laptop and am hiding out while everyone is still sleeping (well, not everyone, the 5 yo had me up at 6:45, but now one of her brothers is up and they are watching cartoons, lol).

DD80 03-21-2012 09:08 AM

Welcome back Pirate Jenny! :)

piratejenny 03-21-2012 10:33 AM

Oh, thank you! Your responses mean so much to me! :cry:
I have a somewhat isolated life, with only one or two friends who call me or ever make plans to spend time with me (I'd be so lonely if it weren't for DS, and his friends who stop by almost every day)...it's so nice to be missed, but I am sorry for causing worry!

This tablet is pretty slow & a little temperamental, so I can't comment on all the threads I'd like to, but I hope to have my computer back soon.

I saw Norwegianwife's thread about bg, and am so excited!

And I am thrilled to report that although the weight loss hasn't started yet, after 2 DDs I've already lost an inch off my waist! I have regained a few lbs but this is still a smaller measurement than during my previous JUDDD efforts.

SoHappy 03-21-2012 10:41 AM

:clap:

I'm pretty excited to witness more experiences of those who experience metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, high sugar levels, and any of this that isn't the normal way to function as designed by Mother Nature.

From everything we read in study after study after study now, a good fasting response is supposed to include better response to insulin, a lessening and even normalization in this area of Type 2 diabetes.

I'm praying that those here benefit from JUDDDing!

Also sorta' praying that you get your computer back pretty soon. :laugh:

piratejenny 03-21-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 15512801)
I want to welcome you back too. I dont think I had started posting until after you were away for awhile. I read in the forum for a while first and always enjoyed your posts. I was not new to JUDDD, just new to this forum. My mom could not take metformin because of upset stomach and was put on a diff med. Anyway, so glad you're here again. I feel fortunate to be a part of this great community of BUDDS!!! Hope everything smoothes out soon! :)

Phyl :heart:

Hi Phyl! Do you know which med your mom switched to?

Kissa 03-21-2012 11:00 AM

You folks with Blood Sugar issues and Diabetes need a thread or even a sticky with all the great info that has been coming out lately in relation to intermittent fating and insulin.

It is really very encouraging.

sazzie 03-21-2012 11:20 AM

OMGoodness, Piratejenny! I didn't see the other thread saying you were back!

Wow, have you been missed, and it is so good to see your name back on here!!!

Luna Loca 03-21-2012 12:03 PM

Glad you're back. I was wondering where you'd gone, thought maybe you'd found another plan. Glad to hear you're still JUDDDing.

arkie1 03-21-2012 12:10 PM

So glad you are back with us! I really missed your posts...hope you get your computer back soon!\

Carole

Majella 03-21-2012 12:26 PM

:welcome: Great to have you back :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: It wasn't the same without you :hugs:

Tashi 03-21-2012 12:42 PM

:welcome: Back!!! Another Juddd newbie here but I've read many of your posts over the past couple months :)

Tam

theredhead 03-21-2012 05:28 PM

Hey there, PJ! I'm glad to see you back here with us again. I hope JUDDD smooths everything out for you quickly!

leonak 03-21-2012 06:01 PM

So glad to see you back! Hope all goes good for you! Missed You Much!!!

Heidinem 03-22-2012 05:11 AM

Good to know you are OK. I have missed your cheery upbeat posts.

gotitnow 03-22-2012 05:16 PM

Hey PJ, I just spoke with my mom. She took Janumet (with metformin in it, thus the name) and when it made her sick as I mentioned, she was changed to Januvia. I guess she is handling that one ok. Unfortunately my mom doesn't try really hard to "eat right" enough of the time. She is 79 and pretty set in her ways. Has very little mobility now so I grieve about that for her. I just try to be supportive and loving and "there for her" as much as I can. My heart goes out to you and all our JUDDD BUDDS who are struggling with any medical issues. MY prayers are with you. :aprayer: Oh, and she recently started insulin. Again, glad you're here with us again!

Phyl:heart: