Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
Please help...need advice!

I have been stalled for 3 months now. My weight has dropped down to my low, but refuses to budge any lower. I have tried extra exercise, dropping my UD calories, completely fasting on my DD's, not eating after a certain time at night, I CANNOT get my stubborn weight to drop!My size is still dropping nicely, but I am aggravated beyond belief with my weight! I have a goal set firmly in my mind that I want to reach. I know there is at least one person on this board that couldn't get their weight loss stopped even after reaching goal. I wish I had that problem! My ultimate weight goal has been my goal for as long as I can remember and I am still 20 lbs away. Believe me, I appreciate the fact that I am 50 lbs lighter than what I started out at though! Any suggestions for this problem of mine?
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'll let the more experienced members answer you, but I just wanted to give you a great big ol' !
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
I haven't been a success with JUDDD yet (this is my third or so go 'round), but if you've dropped your UD calories and are fasting on DD's, your body may be hungry. More so, I would think, if you're exercising. You may need to EAT!

It's good that your sizes continue to go down, so it may be that your body just needs to catch up and you don't necessarily need to lower the calories at all.

Look forward to see what the pros say and congrats on your weight loss!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
is all i got for ya!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
I have been stalled for 3 months now. My weight has dropped down to my low, but refuses to budge any lower. I have tried extra exercise, dropping my UD calories, completely fasting on my DD's, not eating after a certain time at night, I CANNOT get my stubborn weight to drop!My size is still dropping nicely, but I am aggravated beyond belief with my weight! I have a goal set firmly in my mind that I want to reach. I know there is at least one person on this board that couldn't get their weight loss stopped even after reaching goal. I wish I had that problem! My ultimate weight goal has been my goal for as long as I can remember and I am still 20 lbs away. Believe me, I appreciate the fact that I am 50 lbs lighter than what I started out at though! Any suggestions for this problem of mine?
Congratulations on 50# gone forever and dropping sizes!! What an accomplishment!

Latte is onto a good idea. Would you mind listing your UD/DD calories? And the stats you put in the calculator? It might help us to see a more detailed picture of your JUDDDg that way, so it can be looked at from all angles.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #6

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm so sorry you are having this trouble. Let's see if we can come up with something that can help you get to the goal you have in mind.

Certainly don't give up, as that will pretty much end it right there, and it may be that the answer is actually fairly simple.

What calorie numbers are you currently doing for UDs and DDs? Do you weigh and/or measure your foods and portions? Do you really track your calories? On both days or just on DDs?

Also, how long have you been doing JUDDD? What plan were you on before? What carb level are you eating at now? Is that the same carb level as you ate at before?

You say you have *tried extra exercise*... so, do you exercise on a pretty regular basis? What does that consist of? For how long? To the point of really hard work and sweating and sustained elevated heartrate? With weights? No weight work? What I'm getting at is whether your exercise is mostly to impact muscle, or whether it is cardio.. more for heart and lungs. Whether it is medium intensity or sustained high intensity, etc.

You also say you have lowered UD calories, fasted totally on DDs, etc. (and cutting off eating after a certain time of evening.. which to me is the most unholy of misadventures LOL)

And, how long did you give any of these various attempts a chance to have true measurable results before going on to something else?

You say that your *size* is still dropping nicely. So it sounds like you are definitely still getting smaller, regardless of what the scale is showing you at this time. Is this correct? Do you feel that you've lost a clothing size from getting smaller? More than one size?

So much goes into all of this, and I'm sorry to ask for so much nit-picky information here, but it really does help to come to some possible determination.

So lastly, in order to run stats again... can you give height, current weight, age...

Despite you stating that you have been stalled for three months, it sound like your body is quite busy re-molding itself into a new size and form, so something very important is going on in there!

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-20-2012 at 08:59 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I originally was doing Atkins induction, but then I got stuck. Did that since 02/10, lost about 42 lbs doing that. Switched over to JUDDD last November. The first 8 lbs on JUDDD flew off, bringing me to my grand total of 50 lbs lost. My first calorie numbers were 2101/420 after the 2 week induction period. That was for mini goal weight of 155. At the end of December of last year, I got down to 157.4 and that's where it has stuck ever since. The 2101/420 calories were caluclated for moderate exercise because my hours at work were crazy in December, and my job is very physical. After the first of the year, I dropped them to 2047/409 for 155 lbs with moderate exercise. I noticed the scale not moving (I allowed time for TOM to pass before my calorie reducing) and after that with still no change, I dropped the calories to no to little exercise with the calculator, which was 1787/409. I followed that for awhile, got knocked off track for a few weeks where I ate like a horse without really counting on UD, but still strictly counted and occasionally fasted on DD's. Finally I got back on track by becoming really strict again. My weight dropped back down to my lowest. Before reducing my cals again, I got back into my wii fit by doing mostly yoga, but also some step aerobics and jogging. Believe it or not this made my weight INCREASE a little bit. So I stopped doing it as often till I figured out what the heck is going on. Finally in desperation I dropped my calories again by entering my goal weight of 140 into the JUDDD calculator with little to no exercise and got 1709/342. These are the calories I am going by currently. I count every day, making sure to eat up to my UD calories and sometimes not all the way up to DD calories. I have had problems with binging in the past, so I really have to be careful on DD's where I am HUNGRY, but I force myself to eat REALLLY slowly (taking at least a 1/2 hour to eat a Lean Cuisine meal or Lean Pocket) and drinking alot of water with it. I do this on UD's too to make sure I don't think I'm hungry when I'm actually not. I usually cut off my eating by 9 pm, depending on what time I get off work. Most of the time it's earlier than that though.

I am 34, 5'8" and my ultimate goal weight is 140. current weight is app. 158-159 (it is getting depressing to weigh myself anymore)
Yes, I have found I was getting baggy pants syndrome in some of my size 10's, so I was able to go down to a size 8.

I think I got everything you asked for there

Oh yes, carb level...almost forgot. Definitely not Atkins induction level. I try to stay moderate, meaning I don't really count carbs, but I still more or less try to avoid huge servings of pasta, bread and sugar. I might eat a sandwich on an UD, but not on the same day where I am planning pasta for dinner. I eat more yogurt and cottage cheese than I did on low carb though, but not more than 1/2 C of each on an UD.

Last edited by Demonica; 03-20-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #8

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
It's almost impossible to give any advise with absolute certainty, since even when we are given a lot of information about someone, we still don't really know what their life is like, etc.

The fact that you are at an already slim size with little still to lose and the fact that your body at 5'-8" has transformed itself down to a size 8 tells me that you're doing well and I think on track toward your goal. (And it is actually possible that 140 pounds will be a lower weight than is actually the best for you, although it is the correct *Rule of Thumb* weight of *Five pounds per inch of height above 5 feet/100 pounds*...

And the bit of weight gain when you added in the wii fit exercise was possibly a bit of added muscle fiber, which would weigh a bit more, but was probably only a bit of additional water weight, which seems to fill our muscle fibers after exercise. Most folks gain some weight from exercise, but it is OH, So Worth It as to how it makes your body LOOK.

Actually, I'd put my money on your body simply taking a bit of a break from weight loss as it was remoulding your form, and if you continue working your JUDDD plan, you will continue your weight loss, perhaps somewhat more slowly than you wish, but that it will continue.

And, I think you should be holding your UDs to about 1800 calories. I know that is a bit higher than you are eating now, but that's still where I would be at this time.

And then I'd do DDs at about 360 calories OR at about 450 calories OR at 500 calories... whichever you choose, which translates to fasting at the 20% level or the 25% level or just below the 30% level of your Up Day calories.

And I'd be pretty careful with my measuring of food, and careful with my counting of calories, and I'd just stick with it.

And then, if I didn't see weight loss continuing again after awhile, I'd revisit the issue. I really think your body is/was just taking a bit of a rest from weight loss but that it will resume.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
I originally was doing Atkins induction, but then I got stuck. Did that since 02/10, lost about 42 lbs doing that. Switched over to JUDDD last November. The first 8 lbs on JUDDD flew off, bringing me to my grand total of 50 lbs lost. My first calorie numbers were 2101/420 after the 2 week induction period. That was for mini goal weight of 155. At the end of December of last year, I got down to 157.4 and that's where it has stuck ever since. The 2101/420 calories were caluclated for moderate exercise because my hours at work were crazy in December, and my job is very physical. After the first of the year, I dropped them to 2047/409 for 155 lbs with moderate exercise. I noticed the scale not moving (I allowed time for TOM to pass before my calorie reducing) and after that with still no change, I dropped the calories to no to little exercise with the calculator, which was 1787/409. I followed that for awhile, got knocked off track for a few weeks where I ate like a horse without really counting on UD, but still strictly counted and occasionally fasted on DD's. Finally I got back on track by becoming really strict again. My weight dropped back down to my lowest. Before reducing my cals again, I got back into my wii fit by doing mostly yoga, but also some step aerobics and jogging. Believe it or not this made my weight INCREASE a little bit. So I stopped doing it as often till I figured out what the heck is going on. Finally in desperation I dropped my calories again by entering my goal weight of 140 into the JUDDD calculator with little to no exercise and got 1709/342. These are the calories I am going by currently. I count every day, making sure to eat up to my UD calories and sometimes not all the way up to DD calories. I have had problems with binging in the past, so I really have to be careful on DD's where I am HUNGRY, but I force myself to eat REALLLY slowly (taking at least a 1/2 hour to eat a Lean Cuisine meal or Lean Pocket) and drinking alot of water with it. I do this on UD's too to make sure I don't think I'm hungry when I'm actually not. I usually cut off my eating by 9 pm, depending on what time I get off work. Most of the time it's earlier than that though.

I am 34, 5'8" and my ultimate goal weight is 140. current weight is app. 158-159 (it is getting depressing to weigh myself anymore)
Yes, I have found I was getting baggy pants syndrome in some of my size 10's, so I was able to go down to a size 8.

I think I got everything you asked for there

Oh yes, carb level...almost forgot. Definitely not Atkins induction level. I try to stay moderate, meaning I don't really count carbs, but I still more or less try to avoid huge servings of pasta, bread and sugar. I might eat a sandwich on an UD, but not on the same day where I am planning pasta for dinner. I eat more yogurt and cottage cheese than I did on low carb though, but not more than 1/2 C of each on an UD.
Hmmm...with you getting "BPS" it really sounds like you were about to drop on the scale too.

Water retention is normal with working out...especially when you are just starting out. Push past it and you will begin to drop again. Building muscle is important and will help you burn calories more efficiently throughout the day.

It looks like you calculated your cals based on your goal weight. I might try calculating them based on 150 lbs and see how you do for now. That would mean 1762, 352. I might also try higher calorie DDs...like 500 cals.

You reminded me about lean pockets! I might have to coupon clip for those!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
It's almost impossible to give any advise with absolute certainty, since even when we are given a lot of information about someone, we still don't really know what their life is like, etc.

The fact that you are at an already slim size with little still to lose and the fact that your body at 5'-8" has transformed itself down to a size 8 tells me that you're doing well and I think on track toward your goal. (And it is actually possible that 140 pounds will be a lower weight than is actually the best for you, although it is the correct *Rule of Thumb* weight of *Five pounds per inch of height above 5 feet/100 pounds*...

And the bit of weight gain when you added in the wii fit exercise was possibly a bit of added muscle fiber, which would weigh a bit more, but was probably only a bit of additional water weight, which seems to fill our muscle fibers after exercise. Most folks gain some weight from exercise, but it is OH, So Worth It as to how it makes your body LOOK.

Actually, I'd put my money on your body simply taking a bit of a break from weight loss as it was remoulding your form, and if you continue working your JUDDD plan, you will continue your weight loss, perhaps somewhat more slowly than you wish, but that it will continue.

And, I think you should be holding your UDs to about 1800 calories. I know that is a bit higher than you are eating now, but that's still where I would be at this time.

And then I'd do DDs at about 360 calories OR at about 450 calories OR at 500 calories... whichever you choose, which translates to fasting at the 20% level or the 25% level or just below the 30% level of your Up Day calories.

And I'd be pretty careful with my measuring of food, and careful with my counting of calories, and I'd just stick with it.

And then, if I didn't see weight loss continuing again after awhile, I'd revisit the issue. I really think your body is/was just taking a bit of a rest from weight loss but that it will resume.
We cross-posted. I agree 100% with Pat. I'd do UDs at 1800 and higher DDs - 450-500. I think your body was redistributing too.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

You won't get better advice than that anywhere.

If you don't follow it, it would be sad.

Keep on keeping on Demonica, we will be reading about your success.

Remember, this is not a race.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I would examine the quality of what I was eating at this point.
You may have a food allergy or intolerance that hasn't been identified and is causing your body to not move on. Your body may need a rest from losing (while not gaining )
Your stress level (even the stress about the eating/exercise thing) could be holding you back too.
Our number goals don't mean a whole lot to the flesh we are trying to constrain.
Look at your overall health, how far you have come, give yourself some affirmation and time for peace. Your body gave up all those pounds and has worked hard.
Try a month at maintenance levels and examine how you could "clean up" the foods your choose? Give yourself permission to do that and just be content for a whole month, then go back to weight loss mode with some small improvement in your healthiness?