Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: larronambermom
Help Figuring Calories...

Hello all...I have been reading the boards for a couple weeks and have been attempting to do the Juddd woe for the last week. The more I read the more confused I get trying to figure out where I should be for calories so I was hoping those of you with more experience and knowledge could help me. I went to the three calculators on this site...
Calorie Calculator/Daily Caloric Needs came up with 2030
Calorie Calculator came up with 2028
UpDayDownDayDiet came up with 3390 down day 678 at 20%.
I need to know what my UP and DD would be. Also I've read some posts where it says only eat until your not hungry and others that say to eat all your calories each day. Could you clarify this for me as well?

I'm 39, almost 40 female, 5 feet 2 inches and weigh 234 pounds. My birthday is in June and Juddd seems like a great birthday present to give to myself, as I have struggled with weightloss and finding a woe that I could live with. I've always been all or nothing so if I messed up on a diet I really messed up. Anyway, I'd like to thank those who answer in advance and say what a great, supportive group this is. I think it's wonderful that there are so many thoughtful, caring, helpful people here!
Kim
larronambermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I get 2093/419 on the JUDDD site. Make sure you click pounds, not kg
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD

I really think you'll love JUDDD!
I'm so glad you are here
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I get 2093/419 on the JUDDD site. Make sure you click pounds, not kg

That's about right. You and I are the same age and weight.
Stick with the numbers Dottie posted for at least the first 2 weeks to a month. That means UDs right around 2100 and DDs can be 500 or fewer. If you need more on DDs, several JUDDDers have given themselves a 100-200 calorie cushion in the beginning and work their way down to 500 or fewer.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Kim! I'm glad to have a new bud in the JUDDD family!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: larronambermom
Thanks!

Thank you all so much, I wasn't using pounds when figuring on the updaydownday site so that's where the confusion came in! I am so excited about going forward from here on out knowing that I can feel confident about my numbers. You guys are great! Thanks again!
larronambermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Wooo hooo.. another JUDDD BUDD! What a happy family we have here!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by larronambermom View Post
Hello all...I have been reading the boards for a couple weeks and have been attempting to do the Juddd woe for the last week. The more I read the more confused I get trying to figure out where I should be for calories so I was hoping those of you with more experience and knowledge could help me. I went to the three calculators on this site...
Calorie Calculator/Daily Caloric Needs came up with 2030
Calorie Calculator came up with 2028
UpDayDownDayDiet came up with 3390 down day 678 at 20%.
I need to know what my UP and DD would be. Also I've read some posts where it says only eat until your not hungry and others that say to eat all your calories each day. Could you clarify this for me as well?

I'm 39, almost 40 female, 5 feet 2 inches and weigh 234 pounds. My birthday is in June and Juddd seems like a great birthday present to give to myself, as I have struggled with weightloss and finding a woe that I could live with. I've always been all or nothing so if I messed up on a diet I really messed up. Anyway, I'd like to thank those who answer in advance and say what a great, supportive group this is. I think it's wonderful that there are so many thoughtful, caring, helpful people here!
Kim
i just did your numbers at the JUDDD calculator i dont get anything like that. you didnt tell us the most important thing. and that is what level of exercise did you select? Dr. J. says to pick one level down since people tend to over estimate exercise and under estimate food intake. so if i work your numbers for sedentary i get 2138 for UD. and Dr. johnson says repeatedly in the book not to deliberately overeat. but it has to be enough to tell the body that food is not restricted. that is what gives you the up and down swing between UD and DD. all the calculators vary a lot depending on what exercise level you select. so you have to include that if want advice.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I will just chime in to say I agree about needing to eat enough on your UDs to let your body know you are not going to continue extreme calorie restriction after a DD. Eating enough nourishing food also makes the next DD much easier and even enjoyable.

I played around with lowering my UD calories too much and it did not work out well. Now I'm eating right up to the 1900 calories I'm given and I see the scale consistently going down and staying down.

Keep reading here on the boards and keep asking any and all questions. You are doing the right thing! You are doing something healthy in so many ways for your body.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
i just did your numbers at the JUDDD calculator i dont get anything like that. you didnt tell us the most important thing. and that is what level of exercise did you select? Dr. J. says to pick one level down since people tend to over estimate exercise and under estimate food intake. so if i work your numbers for sedentary i get 2138 for UD. and Dr. johnson says repeatedly in the book not to deliberately overeat. but it has to be enough to tell the body that food is not restricted. that is what gives you the up and down swing between UD and DD. all the calculators vary a lot depending on what exercise level you select. so you have to include that if want advice.
I agree here, you numbers seem off to me, too. Using your age, height, weight and using the 20% and little or no exercise I get 2137 UD calories and 427 DD calories. I personally would start with these number for a couple of week and then work it down a little if you find you are just maintaining, gaining or not losing on these numbers. It's just feels better to start out with more food than less, if you can!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
to JUDDD! You have been given some great advice! I will second to not be afraid to eat! Lots of people start restricting more and don't have good luck. Your body needs food. I think people forget that we are working with the law of averages with JUDDD. If we have a 300 cal or 500 cal DD, we need to eat on our UD to make our average calories high enough. If you only eat 1500 on your UD, that's 900-1000 cal average over two days. That's not enough!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #12

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I agree here, you numbers seem off to me, too. Using your age, height, weight and using the 20% and little or no exercise I get 2137 UD calories and 427 DD calories. I personally would start with these number for a couple of week and then work it down a little if you find you are just maintaining, gaining or not losing on these numbers. It's just feels better to start out with more food than less, if you can!
I agree. I think these numbers are an excellent place to start! I would expect that your body will be adapted well within two weeks and you will be losing weight!

Welcome, and I know you will fit right in here. This is a great group of friendly and encouraging people, and one BIG thing you will notice on this forum is... everybody is SO HAPPY. And that's because there is so much success for almost all who follow this plan. Strangely enough, all it does is cycle your calories, and the other food decisions are up to you, but it seems to work some magic.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Welcome! Gad ur here. Relax u can do this.
When I started Juddd in DEC to lose a few pounds. I was even afraid.
Good thoughts for u!
U can do it, WE DO! Smile.
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.

You have made such a good decision to join our JUDDD family.

With the ease and effectiveness of this WOE, you too, will be posting in the Whoo-Hoo thread soon.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #15

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
There you are, all your worries behind you with answers from this great group.

Now, as Eieio says, 'Relax, you can do this.'

You will be so much smaller by your birthday in June.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote