Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What famous JUDDD bud lost 35# in 11 weeks?..... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/763517-what-famous-juddd-bud-lost-35-11-weeks.html)

sophiethecat 03-19-2012 09:26 PM

What famous JUDDD bud lost 35# in 11 weeks?.....
 
Hint: Begins with "Dr." ends in "Johnson". :D

source: an article on selfgrowth put out before Dr. Johnson's book came out.

He said, “The remarkable thing about it was that after about 10 days I noticed that on the down day I had an increased level of energy, and, almost a feeling of euphoria.”

Cool that we're all in this together, experiencing the same things, huh? :)

the article goes on...

....calorie restriction is the only lab-proven option for those who want to gain youthful health and longevity. But there is good news for those who want to have their cake and to eat it too, and not in small portions: The really restrictive component of Dr. Johnson’s diet is temporary, expanding into a maintenance program.

“You don’t have to be on this diet consistently, he says. People that have gone on this diet for a period of weeks and then have gone off it for 10 days don’t have regression. There’s a period during which the SIRT1 gene is activated and then it produces complex relationships between genes and enzymes that produce these desirable health benefits. But if you stop and you eat normally those benefits continue for some period of time..."

Just thought I'd share for the morale-boosting effect. :)

Yam-Yam 03-19-2012 09:29 PM

Really good stuff, Sophie!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Very morale boosting for sure!:sing:

I feel like Dr. J is a guy who really practices what he preaches and he is so real. Thanks for posting this!:high5:

SoHappy 03-19-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15509588)
..........calorie restriction is the only lab-proven option for those who want to gain youthful health
“You don’t have to be on this diet consistently, he says. People that have gone on this diet for a period of weeks and then have gone off it for 10 days don’t have regression. There’s a period during which the SIRT1 gene is activated and then it produces complex relationships between genes and enzymes that produce these desirable health benefits. But if you stop and you eat normally those benefits continue for some period of time..."

This is why we say JUDDD is so forgiving.

This is why JUDDD helps make our vacations so enjoyable! It's as though you can just enjoy yourself and eat whatever and be perfectly fine by just getting right back to your rotation when vacation is over.

sophiethecat 03-19-2012 10:07 PM

It's been months since I read Dr. J's book, but I remember reading some of the following in it. I found it tonight on journals.elsevierhealth. It helps promote that alternate day calorie restriction (JUDDD) is superior to "old-fashioned" calorie restriction (the one oft studied for weight loss and health/longevity).....

"Restricting caloric intake to 60–70% of normal adult weight maintenance requirement prolongs lifespan 30–50% and confers near perfect health across a broad range of species.

Every other day feeding produces similar effects in rodents, and profound beneficial physiologic changes have been demonstrated in the absence of weight loss in ob/ob mice.

Since May 2003 we have experimented with alternate day calorie restriction, one day consuming 20–50% of estimated daily caloric requirement and the next day ad lib eating, and have observed health benefits starting in as little as two weeks, in insulin resistance, asthma, seasonal allergies, infectious diseases of viral, bacterial and fungal origin (viral URI, recurrent bacterial tonsillitis, chronic sinusitis, periodontal disease), autoimmune disorder (rheumatoid arthritis), osteoarthritis, symptoms due to CNS inflammatory lesions (Tourette’s, Meniere’s) cardiac arrhythmias (PVCs, atrial fibrillation), menopause related hot flashes. We hypothesize that other many conditions would be delayed, prevented or improved, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, brain injury due to thrombotic stroke atherosclerosis, NIDDM, congestive heart failure.

Our hypothesis is supported by an article from 1957 in the Spanish medical literature which due to a translation error has been construed by several authors to be the only existing example of calorie restriction with good nutrition.

We contend for reasons cited that there was no reduction in calories overall, but that the subjects were eating, on alternate days, either 900 calories or 2300 calories, averaging 1600, and that body weight was maintained. Thus they consumed either 56% or 144% of daily caloric requirement.

The subjects were in a residence for old people, and all were in perfect health and over 65. Over three years, there were 6 deaths among 60 study subjects and 13 deaths among 60 ad lib-fed controls, non-significant difference. Study subjects were in hospital 123 days, controls 219, highly significant difference.

We believe widespread use of this pattern of eating could impact influenza epidemics and other communicable diseases by improving resistance to infection. In addition to the health effects, this pattern of eating has proven to be a good method of weight control, and we are continuing to study the process in conjunction with the NIH."

sophiethecat 03-19-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15509591)
I feel like Dr. J is a guy who really practices what he preaches and he is so real.

It does seem that way! :) Something I read a while back led me to have the impression that he doesn't stick to real low calorie amounts now but just gives himself generous UDs and DDs so he can eat. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15509595)
This is why we say JUDDD is so forgiving.

This is why JUDDD helps make our vacations so enjoyable! It's as though you can just enjoy yourself and eat whatever and be perfectly fine by just getting right back to your rotation when vacation is over.

Yes, many JUDDDsters have seen the power of JUDDD firsthand when they come back from an UU&A Vacation! Only to find they didn't gain anywhere close to what they expected, and what they would have on any other woe.

:)

sterlinggirl 03-20-2012 02:41 AM

Awsome .. i am glad Dr. J discovered this.. and that i was lead to this forum so i could stumble upon it was well.. JUDDD for life.. i can do this. :)

Jbinme 03-20-2012 04:16 AM

I love reading this. Thanks for sharing!

shirlc 03-20-2012 05:50 AM

Appreciate your sharing this!!! :shake:

vilanteira 03-20-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15509588)
He said,“The remarkable thing about it was that after about 10 days I noticed that on the down day I had an increased level of energy, and, almost a feeling of euphoria.”

Omg I am not crazy! :laugh: As a matter of fact I've been feeling it the past couple DDs this week again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15509588)
“You don’t have to be on this diet consistently, he says. People that have gone on this diet for a period of weeks and then have gone off it for 10 days don’t have regression. There’s a period during which the SIRT1 gene is activated and then it produces complex relationships between genes and enzymes that produce these desirable health benefits. But if you stop and you eat normally those benefits continue for some period of time..."

Yes, I went on vacation for 2 weeks around New Years and completely went off JUDDD as planned during that time, but came back with only a 1 lb gain which probably was just a regular small water weight fluctuation and not a gain anyway.

Thanks for posting this, Sophie! :up: I love reading about how this wonderfully easy woe is helping me become healthier and younger! :clap: It is seriously mind-boggling how much happier I've been in the 4.5+ months since I've started JUDDD. There have been so many improvements to my life, my health, my mood and my general state of mind. I wish everyone could experience this!

InTheLight 03-20-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15509595)
This is why we say JUDDD is so forgiving.

This is why JUDDD helps make our vacations so enjoyable! It's as though you can just enjoy yourself and eat whatever and be perfectly fine by just getting right back to your rotation when vacation is over.

I so agree!!!! I remember when I was doing LC, vacations meant bringing along tuna salad, cheese sticks and boiled eggs, and then at wonderful restaurants, I had to look at menus to see what unhealthy red meats were listed that I could choose from, watching hubby enjoying delightful choices, and I'd better not touch a roll -- now what kind of fun vacation is that???? :annoyed: :dunno: :stars: :annoyed:

Dr. Johnson, I soooooooooo adore you and your WOE!! :kicking: :D :clap: :high5: :D

sophiethecat 03-20-2012 08:01 AM

NP guys, my absolute pleasure - like Yam Yam and others, I eat this stuff up! :laugh:

You know how I'm always shaking things up in maintenance? - doing regular JUDDD for a while, then going to MUDDDg and sometimes other IF such as Fast 5... well, I could see the bolded part being another type of maintenance if someone really wanted to do it that way: “You don’t have to be on this diet consistently, he says. People that have gone on this diet for a period of weeks and then have gone off it for 10 days don’t have regression. There’s a period during which the SIRT1 gene is activated and then it produces complex relationships between genes and enzymes that produce these desirable health benefits. But if you stop and you eat normally those benefits continue for some period of time..."

What I mean is, going off the plan totally for, say, one or two weeks (at most) out of the month. So, dieting only half the month, either in straight blocks of a week or more at a time or breaking it up by days at a time. I stress that I'm talking about maintenance here for doing it regularly.

Now I'm so happy with JUDDD/IF that I don't even want to stop doing some form of it at all, even with the staggering freedom the above way would provide, unless I had to such as on a vacation where there's just too much good food constantly. But, I can see that if someone developed a diet fatigue in maintenance or just wanted to have a maintenance where they didn't have to think about food or what day on the rotation, that could be an option. They'd have to be sure to get back on JUDDD regularly though to keep the sirtuins perking.

JUDDD maintenance is very easy, forgiving, and flexible. Personally, I've been able to mix up the styles of JUDDD/MUDDD/IF with all kinds of variations, I've been able to do FDs with no calorie counting anymore, and it's all still working like a charm. And the above might just be another way to go about it for some maintainers. Perhaps in the future, someone will give it a try and report how their maintenance is going to us.
:)

vanilla_latte 03-20-2012 08:37 AM

Mini rant, not about Dr. J, but the website :mad::

I sure wish they would keep it updated! It's not been updated in ages and the "coming soon" pages have been there quite awhile. I think there was a forum there, although not very active with sites like this one and some of the more popular "hangouts", but it seems to be gone.

I had posted on some thread somewhere when it was first new that I wished they'd get rid of the rat and the man eating that huge hamburger off of there or people would poo-poo the plan more than they already did! Glad that's gone, but with the lack of attention the site gets, it makes it look like just another fly-by-night diet. :cry:

Wonder what Dr. J is up to these days?

sophiethecat 03-20-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanilla_latte (Post 15510597)
Mini rant, not about Dr. J, but the website :mad::

I sure wish they would keep it updated! It's not been updated in ages and the "coming soon" pages have been there quite awhile. I think there was a forum there, although not very active with sites like this one and some of the more popular "hangouts", but it seems to be gone.

I had posted on some thread somewhere when it was first new that I wished they'd get rid of the rat and the man eating that huge hamburger off of there or people would poo-poo the plan more than they already did! Glad that's gone, but with the lack of attention the site gets, it makes it look like just another fly-by-night diet. :cry:

Wonder what Dr. J is up to these days?

I so agree - I wish they'd keep the site updated. It's frustrating that the "coming soon" items have never came. :( Dr. J needs to let us take it over and we'd whip it into shape in no time! :D

sunday 03-20-2012 08:56 AM

Sophie!!! I have just found my copy of the book ;) & will be reading some tonight when I get the free time, BUT... I am so excited to read about the euphoria and energy, because I have it and noticed it almost immediately after starting. In fact, has anyone noticed that they like to clean on DD??? I have been working out, cleaning house, garage, attic, closets and going places like I used to when I was 20! It has to be the Sirt1!
:D

SoHappy 03-20-2012 08:59 AM

I think it also hurt a lot when the Resveratrol studies at where... UConn?... were revealed to have falsified results and had been *helped along* and faked by the researcher.

When that hit the news it also did nothing but cast a black cloud over Dr. Johnson's business of selling the stuff at all. Like he was hawking some snake oil elixir for weight loss, and everyone knows that there is a new weight loss pill or potent coming out to sell to the gullible every month.

I think the thing is.. alternate day dieting is nothing new, nothing *invented* by Dr. Johnson, and nothing, really, that anyone can't just do on their own, and which many people just do without ever really thinking about it. I am thinking right now of one forever-slim woman friend of mine who eats very lightly the day after she's had a high calorie day. She says it's just the way she manages her weight. Or knowing she will probably be eating a bit more the next day because of a luncheon or a social event in the evening, she'll eat very lightly today. So she cycles her calories more than she doesn't, and she can eat both heartily and quite modestly.. just naturally. She's calorie cycling, but she doesn't refer to it like that. And many people do this just naturally or of their own accord.

I think the website was more for the commercial sales of the Resveratrol, which may have fallen off quite considerably after the scandal of the faked studies was revealed, and also to a lesser extent the sale of his diet book. So I just have thought that there isn't much attention to the site anymore. Like it's sort of an afterthought. :dunno:

I think Dr. Johnson teaches plastic surgery at a university in Louisiana, so I can imagine that would keep him pretty busy and fulfilled. LOL

sunday 03-20-2012 09:01 AM

When I can find the blog, that I read yesterday, I will post a link for all to read. She has been Fast Fiving for 4 years and lost 120 lbs. She has one meal every day and occasionally 2, but always in a 5 hour period. The health benefits that she has experienced were UNBELIEVABLE!!! :clap:

She is a SZ 4 & looks like it took 20 years away! SIMPLY AMAZING!!!:up:

shirlc 03-20-2012 09:18 AM

Pat, what you're saying makes a lot of sense.

I don't think a lot of us would be able to JUDDD without all the encouragement, help and support that we're getting here.

I am so grateful every day!!! I :heart:JUDDD and all you JUDDD BUDS!

Yam-Yam 03-20-2012 09:29 AM

Dr. J has a thriving Plastic Surgery business in Louisianna. I just researched him on Manta. He has 4 employees and he performs surgeries like -- mostly breast augmentation -- and does $1 million per year in business.

Sounds to me like he is busy with his life's calling. I think he wrote the book because he found something that worked for him personally and wanted to share it with others. (I think a lot of JUDDers feel this way!:hyst: Maybe we should all write books!:hyst:)

He is 65 years old. And, honestly I'm sure someone else put together the web site and maintained it for him. It's just not his priority right now.

As for the resveratrol thing, I did lots of research and there are absolutely no law suits against him or anything like that. He is rated 5 stars and highly recommended by all his patients.

You can easily find his mailing address on line. Send him a thank you card. :hyst::hyst::hyst:

SoHappy 03-20-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15510662)
When I can find the blog, that I read yesterday, I will post a link for all to read. She has been Fast Fiving for 4 years and lost 120 lbs. She has one meal every day and occasionally 2, but always in a 5 hour period. The health benefits that she has experienced were UNBELIEVABLE!!! :clap:

She is a SZ 4 & looks like it took 20 years away! SIMPLY AMAZING!!!:up:

People complain long and loud about how we have been told to eat unhealthful foods, etc. and all the processed stuff is making us fat (well, isn't it nice that it was somebody else's fault) but I've thought that the Number One worst thing that was AND IS STILL being told to us is to eat several times a day. They always say, "several small meals" but what it ends up becoming for many people is snacking between meals. So they never have few enough calories in a day to constitute a fasting period, and they never have enough hours between feedings to constitute a fasting period. They mostly just have eating periods. Bigger and smaller eating periods.

We always are advised to carry along food in our purses, lest we be caught out there in the world where there won't be anything for us to eat. To Eat. Never advised to just not eat anything until you get back home again. Heaven forbid you feel a little hungry for a few hours! :laugh:

I think the worst thing that has come down the pike is the advice to eat several times a day. To have snacks between meals. To make sure you are always prepared with food to eat away from home. The concept of THREE squares a day is mostly dead and gone for many, and heaven forbid there is anyone who attempts to not eat breakfast, which we are admonished NOT to skip as IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY.

We're given charts and graphs of how to eat, told what is good food and what is bad food and how many glasses of water we are supposed to drink each day, but nowhere is it stated that IT'S OKAY TO SKIP A FEW MEALS!!!!! Jeez... :annoyed:

SoHappy 03-20-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15510766)
Dr. J has a thriving Plastic Surgery business in Louisianna. I just researched him on Manta. He has 4 employees and he performs surgeries like -- mostly breast augmentation -- and does $1 million per year in business.

Sounds to me like he is busy with his life's calling. I think he wrote the book because he found something that worked for him personally and wanted to share it with others. (I think a lot of JUDDers feel this way!:hyst: Maybe we should all write books!:hyst:)

He is 65 years old. And, honestly I'm sure someone else put together the web site and maintained it for him. It's just not his priority right now.

As for the resveratrol thing, I did lots of research and there are absolutely no law suits against him or anything like that. He is rated 5 stars and highly recommended by all his patients.

You can easily find his mailing address on line. Send him a thank you card. :hyst::hyst::hyst:

I don't think there would be any reason for any lawsuits against him or anything. It wasn't his research. It wasn't his doctored and adulterated and altered study results. It wasn't his scandal or shame. He just was one of many, many who were selling the stuff and still do. I think almost any line of vitamins and supplements makes and bottles this stuff.

And, don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's just that it doesn't actually do quite what all it was purported to do. :laugh: But I don't think it would ever harm anyone, and that's actually less dangerous than many supplements are. LOL

Yam-Yam 03-20-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15510802)
I don't think there would be any reason for any lawsuits against him or anything. It wasn't his research. It wasn't his doctored and adulterated and altered study results. It wasn't his scandal or shame. He just was one of many, many who were selling the stuff and still do. I think almost any line of vitamins and supplements makes and bottles this stuff.

And, don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's just that it doesn't actually do quite what all it was purported to do. :laugh: But I don't think it would ever harm anyone, and that's actually less dangerous than many supplements are. LOL

Dr. Oz has promoted it a lot on his show. I just don't think there are enough studies to prove that it does anything. And, it boggles my mind when they say resveratrol is in red wine but that you would have to drink xxxxxxxxx amount of wine to get the benefits. (Something like a thousand bottles a day or some ridiculous thing:stars:) and then they claim they can put that in a tiny capsule full of powder??? Weird. Money making scheme maybe.

I have not read any testimonials anywhere saying that someone has improved health from using it. It's all speculation.

sophiethecat 03-20-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15510766)
Dr. J has a thriving Plastic Surgery business in Louisianna. I just researched him on Manta. He has 4 employees and he performs surgeries like -- mostly breast augmentation -- and does $1 million per year in business.

Sounds to me like he is busy with his life's calling. I think he wrote the book because he found something that worked for him personally and wanted to share it with others. (I think a lot of JUDDers feel this way!:hyst: Maybe we should all write books!:hyst:)

He is 65 years old. And, honestly I'm sure someone else put together the web site and maintained it for him. It's just not his priority right now.

As for the resveratrol thing, I did lots of research and there are absolutely no law suits against him or anything like that. He is rated 5 stars and highly recommended by all his patients.

You can easily find his mailing address on line. Send him a thank you card. :hyst::hyst::hyst:

:clap: WTG, Dr. J! :clap: I figured he was busy with his PS work. Sounds like he's thriving, lol. Good for him. :high5:

Thanks for the info, Yam. :)

I may have to send him a TY card!

sophiethecat 03-20-2012 10:31 AM

This has been posted before, but thought I'd share it again.

The Alternate Day Diet - YouTube

It has a sensationalist feel in the beginning, and then you hear Dr. J defend the woe at the end.

Adding: It's funny but everything the opposing parties - the other doctor and the dietician - say at the end is the exact opposite of what I've felt and experienced on Dr. Johnson's JUDDD! :laugh: I guess my body LIKES mixed messages, lol. And I can't think of another woe that potentially has more long-term success. :)

vanilla_latte 03-20-2012 10:37 AM

Good to know Dr. J is doing well. Will have to watch that video.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15510662)
When I can find the blog, that I read yesterday, I will post a link for all to read. She has been Fast Fiving for 4 years and lost 120 lbs. She has one meal every day and occasionally 2, but always in a 5 hour period. The health benefits that she has experienced were UNBELIEVABLE!!! :clap:

She is a SZ 4 & looks like it took 20 years away! SIMPLY AMAZING!!!:up:

Look forward to that blog. I tried the Fast 5 - didn't lose much (story of my freakin' life :annoyed: :laugh: ) - but liked the way it worked. I'm working my DD's to work like that because I'd rather eat at night than during the day.

Babsbabs 03-20-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15510785)
People complain long and loud about how we have been told to eat unhealthful foods, etc. and all the processed stuff is making us fat (well, isn't it nice that it was somebody else's fault) but I've thought that the Number One worst thing that was AND IS STILL being told to us is to eat several times a day. They always say, "several small meals" but what it ends up becoming for many people is snacking between meals. So they never have few enough calories in a day to constitute a fasting period, and they never have enough hours between feedings to constitute a fasting period. They mostly just have eating periods. Bigger and smaller eating periods.

We always are advised to carry along food in our purses, lest we be caught out there in the world where there won't be anything for us to eat. To Eat. Never advised to just not eat anything until you get back home again. Heaven forbid you feel a little hungry for a few hours! :laugh:
I think the worst thing that has come down the pike is the advice to eat several times a day. To have snacks between meals. To make sure you are always prepared with food to eat away from home. The concept of THREE squares a day is mostly dead and gone for many, and heaven forbid there is anyone who attempts to not eat breakfast, which we are admonished NOT to skip as IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY.

We're given charts and graphs of how to eat, told what is good food and what is bad food and how many glasses of water we are supposed to drink each day, but nowhere is it stated that IT'S OKAY TO SKIP A FEW MEALS!!!!! Jeez... :annoyed:

This really hit home for me when I read your post. I was kind of nervous about my first DD because I don't remember the last time I let myself get hungry! The idea of planning a day that I might be hungry was a new idea for me. I am kind of feeling proud of myself that I can do it and I am OK! My purse should be a bit lighter now too.

SoHappy 03-20-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babsbabs (Post 15510985)
This really hit home for me when I read your post. I was kind of nervous about my first DD because I don't remember the last time I let myself get hungry! The idea of planning a day that I might be hungry was a new idea for me. I am kind of feeling proud of myself that I can do it and I am OK! My purse should be a bit lighter now too.

Yes, I am positive you can do it, and you are going to be OK, and you are going to THRIVE, and you are going to lose weight, and you are going to become a slim woman, and you are going to improve your health.

Exciting, isn't it?!!! :laugh:

chelsearose 03-20-2012 11:15 AM

looking forward to seeing this
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15510662)
When I can find the blog, that I read yesterday, I will post a link for all to read. She has been Fast Fiving for 4 years and lost 120 lbs. She has one meal every day and occasionally 2, but always in a 5 hour period. The health benefits that she has experienced were UNBELIEVABLE!!! :clap:

She is a SZ 4 & looks like it took 20 years away! SIMPLY AMAZING!!!:up:

Ilove dramatic before-and-afters

KeirasMom 03-20-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babsbabs (Post 15510985)
This really hit home for me when I read your post. I was kind of nervous about my first DD because I don't remember the last time I let myself get hungry! The idea of planning a day that I might be hungry was a new idea for me. I am kind of feeling proud of myself that I can do it and I am OK! My purse should be a bit lighter now too.

Your purse will be a little heavier with all the money you're saving from not eating so much. :D

vilanteira 03-20-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15510785)
People complain long and loud about how we have been told to eat unhealthful foods, etc. and all the processed stuff is making us fat (well, isn't it nice that it was somebody else's fault) but I've thought that the Number One worst thing that was AND IS STILL being told to us is to eat several times a day. They always say, "several small meals" but what it ends up becoming for many people is snacking between meals. So they never have few enough calories in a day to constitute a fasting period, and they never have enough hours between feedings to constitute a fasting period. They mostly just have eating periods. Bigger and smaller eating periods.

We always are advised to carry along food in our purses, lest we be caught out there in the world where there won't be anything for us to eat. To Eat. Never advised to just not eat anything until you get back home again. Heaven forbid you feel a little hungry for a few hours! :laugh:

I think the worst thing that has come down the pike is the advice to eat several times a day. To have snacks between meals. To make sure you are always prepared with food to eat away from home. The concept of THREE squares a day is mostly dead and gone for many, and heaven forbid there is anyone who attempts to not eat breakfast, which we are admonished NOT to skip as IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY.

We're given charts and graphs of how to eat, told what is good food and what is bad food and how many glasses of water we are supposed to drink each day, but nowhere is it stated that IT'S OKAY TO SKIP A FEW MEALS!!!!! Jeez... :annoyed:

Yes, THIS! I had the same lightbulb moment as Babsbabs early on when I started JUDDD as well. I couldn't remember the last time I actually let myself get hungry. It was like you said, with the early large breakfast meal every single day and then snacks in between meals so I wouldn't get hungry. Some days I basically would eat nonstop. So when I first thought about trying JUDDD, I did experience that fear of the DD and the hunger. But really, what was I so afraid of? When I think back on the fact that I truly felt scared that I would go hungry for possibly a portion of the day or even just a couple hours, it feels a little weird to me now.

When I recall my childhood, I think about how I never snacked then and could go for long periods of the day without eating. I remember feeling hungry before lunchtime, and then before dinnertime, and everyone else did too, and it was a completely normal feeling. Somehow when I became an adult and my metabolism got messed up and I gained 50+ lbs, hunger was just completely unacceptable. Of course everywhere we look, from the ads on tv to our grocery stores and restaurants to health reports and the government, not to mention even from our doctors, we were getting that message as well. Eat smaller meals more frequently. Let me tell you, I followed that and I ate, constantly. :stars: I'm so glad JUDDD has made me realize that hunger is completely normal and not to be feared.

In fact, my digestive system loves the rest I give it from the final meal on my UDs to my first meal on DDs at dinner. Also, yes, my bank account definitely loves me for eating so much less every other day. :clap:

sunday 03-20-2012 11:51 AM

SoHappy! THANK YOU!!! :goodpost:
You hit the nail on the head! Eat many small meals and your digestive tract doesn't have enough time to rest. NOT GOOD!!! :down:

I have a close friend who told me that she is doomed because she can never get in all of the small meals she needs to eat on her diet and I said, "Wait, you have got it backwards!!!" I don't even snack now because I have decided that I must wait at least 5 hours before the next meal, or in the case of DD, I need to wait 36 hours. Snacking is not necessary. Even on an UD, if I really want dessert or a treat, I make myself fit in the treat as soon as I have finished my dinner. This allows me the time for my fasting.

Here is the blog that I told you all that I want to share...

Angela from Ontario, CA is my inspiration right now. She brings a huge smile to my face. Her Youtube on this page is actually what I believe all of you experienced JUDDD'ers are trying to share with us. "Love our bodies imperfections and all." Enjoy! :D

FREE SPIRIT HAVEN: Weigh In

She has lost more weight since the Youtube, because that was 2 years ago, she simply IF'd her way to health.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 PM.