Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
SoHappy! THANK YOU!!!
You hit the nail on the head! Eat many small meals and your digestive tract doesn't have enough time to rest. NOT GOOD!!!

I have a close friend who told me that she is doomed because she can never get in all of the small meals she needs to eat on her diet and I said, "Wait, you have got it backwards!!!" I don't even snack now because I have decided that I must wait at least 5 hours before the next meal, or in the case of DD, I need to wait 36 hours. Snacking is not necessary. Even on an UD, if I really want dessert or a treat, I make myself fit in the treat as soon as I have finished my dinner. This allows me the time for my fasting.

Here is the blog that I told you all that I want to share...

Angela from Ontario, CA is my inspiration right now. She brings a huge smile to my face. Her Youtube on this page is actually what I believe all of you experienced JUDDD'ers are trying to share with us. "Love our bodies imperfections and all." Enjoy!

FREE SPIRIT HAVEN: Weigh In

She has lost more weight since the Youtube, because that was 2 years ago, she simply IF'd her way to health.
Oh! I think I watched some of her IF vids on youtube a while back! Will check out the blog, thanks Sun!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Also, I want to add to scroll down and read her blog about "Body Perception" on Feb. 12. It was exactly what I wanted to hear today!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
About resveratrol, I agree that Dr. J may have received some negative publicity for selling it, but he also is one of the first doctors who promoted the UD, DD science and is definitely receiving kudos from me for this one mega accomplishment! I don't drink enough wine to get the benefits of Resveratrol, but I can take the supplement and I will until I can decide if it is aiding or doing zilch in my fasting program.

The science behind the resveratrol health benefits isn't flawed. It is the "particular study" from Harvard that was flawed and inacurate which needed to be exposed and that is a good thing, but for that one flop many others have been ethical and accurate. If all the studies that were ever done were all exaggerated, then we would have a problem.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
About resveratrol, I agree that Dr. J may have received some negative publicity for selling it, but he also is one of the first doctors who promoted the UD, DD science and is definitely receiving kudos from me for this one mega accomplishment! I don't drink enough wine to get the benefits of Resveratrol, but I can take the supplement and I will until I can decide if it is aiding or doing zilch in my fasting program.

The science behind the resveratrol health benefits isn't flawed. It is the "particular study" from Harvard that was flawed and inacurate which needed to be exposed and that is a good thing, but for that one flop many others have been ethical and accurate. If all the studies that were ever done were all exaggerated, then we would have a problem.
I agree.

I'm re-posting what I put the other day on YY's sirtuin thread RE: RESVERATROL...

I mostly get mine from red wine, which I have almost daily.

There's also plenty in peanuts, though I'm not a peanut butter fanatic, but I do have some at least 1 x week with dark chocolate as a carrier (sort of my own gourmet, hopefully-healthier version of a Reeses cup)

Cocoa and dark chocolate contain it, and as said above, I have dark chocolate now and then, usually 80 - 90% cocoa, either dipped in Jif natural peanut butter or nibbled by itself.

It's in grapes, but I rarely have those. It's in grape juice and cranberry juice, but I tend to avoid juices to prevent BG probs.

Blueberries and other berries, especially uncooked ones, have resveratrol, and I do enjoy these almost daily with some yogurt.

Now, about the supplements. I never bothered since I do drink wine and eat some of the foods that contain it, but recently I did buy a bottle of the cheap stuff from Walmart. It's a red wine complex and has red wine extract (grape skin), 60 mg. vitamin C, citrus bioflavanoids, grapeseed extract, resveratrol, grape extract. It's probably healthy to take, but I doubt it has much resveratrol, it doesn't even list the amount on the label which is usually not a good sign. But, , it's a start to getting more good stuff in my diet.

I'm not sure at all of course, but I see it being a possibility that resveratrol might give a boost to the sirtuin start-up for those beginning JUDDD. But I think if a person already enjoys red wine or the resveratrol foods, then taking the supplement probably wouldn't be necessary. I take very few supplements because I think it's better to get them from real foods. I do take curcumin, the beneficial part of turmeric.

For me, if drinking red wine or eating these resveratrol foods enhances any of JUDDDs effects, that is QUITE nice.

There may be something to resveratrol indirectly helping to activate the sirtuins. It shouldn't be too surprising since a number of things have been discovered to activate them. Getting some exercise will do it. Also, foods containing quercetin, like apples. Then I've heard heat-shock therapy does it too, which may be why saunas have been used for health over the years. But of course, calorie restriction is the strongest, most sure way known to activate the sirtuins.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/147/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yes, I am positive you can do it, and you are going to be OK, and you are going to THRIVE, and you are going to lose weight, and you are going to become a slim woman, and you are going to improve your health.

Exciting, isn't it?!!!
I am still learning how to follow and post correctly on the forum so hope you see this. I just wanted to let you know that your reassurance has really helped me over the last few weeks. I think that I had hope that I could still lose weight but on some level didn't really believe it anymore. It has been a bit of an adjustment for me but I think you are right. I think with the great support on this site and JUDDD I can do this!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote