Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
"This is not a race"

Someone, Pat or Cindy maybe? Said one time that "This is not a race. We are getting healthy."

Whoever said it: Thank you!! Thank you!!!

This has really stuck with me. I smiled when I got on the scale today. After an UD and MD it's not up too much from my new low. I'm really losing weight and keeping it off. Long term. I'm really doing this! Not fast. But, "this is not a race."

Wouldn't it be horrible to be in a group like the Biggest Loser show and have to constantly compare yourself to others?? I would hate that.

I'm getting healthy. Since yesterday was a MD, I was tempted to make this a DD to try and "speed things up." Then I remembered the last time I tried it. I didn't have enough nourishment to get me through a DD and I failed miserably and went way over.

And, why would I want to "speed things up?" This is not a race! I'm doing this for me. I'm getting healthy and thinner for me. Because I want to. I don't have an ominous "get skinny by...." date on the calendar. At the end of each month, I just would like to weigh less than I did the month before.

Without suffering.

Yes, I'm too old to suffer. That's why I no longer wear high, high heels.

So glad I finally got a brain and abandoned the quick fix mentality. I read on another forum a while back where someone said her mom told her that in her 20's she went on this fad diet that was popular and she lost 20 pounds in one day. Uh, duh, I'm not sure I believe that?

Anyway, gone are the days when I long for a quick fix. I want to be healthy. I want to lose weight without suffering. And, thank the good Lord, this is not a race.

Any other happy Turtles out there?

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good for you, Yam-Yam. I'm so glad to hear this.

Yes, it's just the way we eat. And by eating the way we do, regardless of what we choose to eat, but by following our JUDDD fasting/feasting cycle, our bodies change.

We usually come to JUDDD hoping for weight loss, and if we stick around, we find that there are a whole lot of additional facets to this plan than just weight loss, and that weight loss is actually almost a side effect of the much more important healing and balancing and normalizing that is taking place inside us. So that someday, we're not just slim, we have bodies that are working a whole lot more like a *normal* body should.

So while speedy weight loss is wonderful, growing into optimum health is the ultimate goal. It's not a race. It just comes to us as the weeks and months go by. If you judge it all by weight loss only, you are overlooking the most valuable part of JUDDD.

Glad to see how well you are doing.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I read on another forum a while back where someone said her mom told her that in her 20's she went on this fad diet that was popular and she lost 20 pounds in one day. Uh, duh, I'm not sure I believe that?
I'm guessing that must be the infamous: "Cut off your left leg" diet.

Anyway - I wholheartedly agree with everything you said!

2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
you got that girl.. its goin to be my new motto from this day forward.. its not a race.. i think i thought i saw an expiration date stamped on my thigh the other day.... i was wrong... just spider veins
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
What a great post, YamYam!!

I remember telling myself, "Gee, I want to be such-and-such weight by this date, and then this date"....and on and on. That is no way to live. We sure wouldn't pressure our very best friends and loved ones like that, so I do not know how we start doing it to ourselves.

There is something about this woe that brings out the desire to care about ourselves more.

Love it!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Pat, thanks for your post! As always, wise, wise words from you.

I have to say that in those first few weeks it was your posts more than anyone that kept me going with JUDD woe. While I hoped for weight loss, I kept reading all the things you were saying about health benefits and some of your analogies, like the piston up-down-up-down and our metabolism have just stuck with me. Your words kept me coming back here and kept me on plan.

February was such a tough month for me with family tragedies and travel. You are the one who told me to let my body rest and that there is no rush. And, you said that for some of us, it takes time for the JUDD woe to "heal" our bodies and start working for weight loss.

Well, let me tell you! I can feel the change. And I can tell this is working from the inside--out.

Did I tell you that DH caught the flu? Then my DGS got it. Then DD and then DGD. Guess who did not get one bit sick? Just guess. Me. Normally I would be next in line and pick up all the virus bugs going around.

Do you think my immune system is bulked up? I do!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for always being here and always saying just the right thing! You make a big difference in all our lives. Especially the newbies, but some of us mid-bees, too. (I'm not an oldie yet 'cos I only started the end of December!)
Old 03-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post

:h yst:
Old 03-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
you got that girl.. its goin to be my new motto from this day forward.. its not a race.. i think i thought i saw an expiration date stamped on my thigh the other day.... i was wrong... just spider veins

OMGosh! That's funny!!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #9

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
this is a

I forget this too often. I am competitive by nature and also impatient, and when I see people lose more weight faster than I do my horse-race brain whines, "that's not fair!" and pouts.

But I followed a few of the sirtuin enzyme links earlier today and read more deeply about all the health benefits of this way of eating. And remembering that I am feeling better than I've felt in years, and even more importantly to me, DH is feeling better than he's felt in years and we have hope that his heart disease and his family history of Alzheimer's can end here and now.

In the face of that, what's a few extra pounds and a few extra weeks or months for them to go? They WILL go, and it will take what it will take.

Thanks for the reminder, Yam-Yam.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #10

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Correct!

Go to the top of the class.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #11

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:

Yes, I'm too old to suffer. That's why I no longer wear high, high heels.

Any other happy Turtles out there?
I have to say, though, I wear my high heels a lot more often now that I don't have as much weight to carry around on them.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Went to the doctor this morning, and was thrilled to see that their scale showed a one-pound loss!!!! May not have been a 3 or 4 pound loss, but for me, that was a fantastic and healthy pound lost - I smile as I think that it was the tortoise, not the hare, that won the race!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LightlyStarched
This is a great post, and I'm grateful to you for saying it. About a month ago I realized that yes, this is the best, most liveable eating plan I've ever been on. And I actually got rid of a couple dozen other diet books that have been living in my house. I want to do this forever, man. And the weight comes off slowly, but it comes off! I feel hunger, but NO deprivation. Hunger is manageable, deprivation for me is not. Deprivation made me gain back the 70 lbs I initially lost on LC.

I am losing about 5 lbs a month, which is a nice rate. It means I have gotten rid of all the size 22s that I had, and I am starting to fit into the 18s.
LightlyStarched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
What an inspiring post! We should all remember this, everyday! I know that I have not taken any kind of pain killer (take over-the-counter stuff) since I started this WOE on February 9th. I am 69 years old, and have been trying to lose weight for many years, and wanted it off yesterday, but now, I'm just "relaxed" about it, and know that if I work the plan, the plan will work. I have lost weight with other plans, but always put it back on, and more, because I couldn't face eating that way forever. JUDDD IS A FOREVER WAY OF EATING! Not only am I losing pounds and inches, but I'm really enjoying my DD's, and saving on my grocery bill!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #15

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightlyStarched View Post
This is a great post, and I'm grateful to you for saying it. About a month ago I realized that yes, this is the best, most liveable eating plan I've ever been on. And I actually got rid of a couple dozen other diet books that have been living in my house. I want to do this forever, man. And the weight comes off slowly, but it comes off! I feel hunger, but NO deprivation. Hunger is manageable, deprivation for me is not. Deprivation made me gain back the 70 lbs I initially lost on LC.

I am losing about 5 lbs a month, which is a nice rate. It means I have gotten rid of all the size 22s that I had, and I am starting to fit into the 18s.
And another way to view it is... you're really not on a diet. You're just eating the way you eat. And as a consequence of how you eat, you are returning your body to a normal size for your height and build. It is just the reverse of the consequence of our previous lives, when our body put on weight as a result of what and how we chose to eat.

So you're not really *dieting*. You're just following the normal rhythm of how you eat now, higher days, lower days, one following the other around the days and weeks of the year. And while you're doing your thing on the outside by how you eat now, your body is doing its thing on the inside and returning to normal.

Easy Peasy!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Yam Yam......you won't believe how much reading your post this eve. did for me. Haven't been on here till now.(6pm) This plan has been the most relaxed thing I have ever done to accomplish weight loss and better health. Fortunately for me, when I began reading in this forum, Pat "So Happy" was posting regularly. I noticed immediately how much "common sense" she had and that really resonated with me. She talked about how not to overcomplicate and over-think things so much....because it really is NOT A RACE...but a wonderful...WAY OF LIFE!!! You know, just simply follow the plan, and it works....and..if you eat too much salt...you"re gonna bloat!!.....or too many carbs too soon...or whatever....DONT FRET...just keep working the plan and it will work for you! I miss her daily posting, but am so thankful for your wise words too,and of course Beeb's and Sophie's and Dawn's, and Kissa's and soooo many others that I can't name them all. This has been an extremely tough year in our family too, which makes coming to a pleasant forum of sweet caring people pretty special. It has been wonderful to follow everyone to goal too like Lisa, Tina, Laurie, and others and read how well they're making it work in maintenance. I could go on and on ....sorry this is so long. ANYWAY....Love you all and everything you each "bring to the table!!"

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
AND...I AM ONE HAPPY TURTLE!!
Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post

Anyway - I wholheartedly agree with everything you said!

It's the old joke - Do you know how to lose 20 lbs of ugly fat in one day?

....cut off your head! Ok, stupid joke, but funny nonetheless.

I just want to say that I LOVE JUDDD!!!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Phyl: Don't ever 'pologize for a long post! Paleese! Have you seen some of mine???? We love words. Seriously.

I am soooooo happy you are here. You add a lot to this forum. You are so dear and sweet and I'm very glad to have you as a JUDD BUDD!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
It's the old joke - Do you know how to lose 20 lbs of ugly fat in one day?

....cut off your head! Ok, stupid joke, but funny nonetheless.

I just want to say that I LOVE JUDDD!!!
I never heard that one before! How old is it????? So glad my head only weighs 8 pounds. Now I don't have to cut it off.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

.....would not mind slicing off a bit of the triple DDD boobs though...
Old 03-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I never heard that one before! How old is it????? So glad my head only weighs 8 pounds. Now I don't have to cut it off.
My dad has been telling us that one for years. I think living in a house with a wife and 2 daughters who were always talking about weight must have got to him. Probably from the stooges because that's where most of his jokes came from. That, or Bob Hope! I always thought my dad was so original - then we'd be watching an old movie and I'd be like, "hey, that's dad's joke!" my daddy.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
My dad has been telling us that one for years. I think living in a house with a wife and 2 daughters who were always talking about weight must have got to him. Probably from the stooges because that's where most of his jokes came from. That, or Bob Hope! I always thought my dad was so original - then we'd be watching an old movie and I'd be like, "hey, that's dad's joke!" my daddy.

Now I feel old!!! Naw..... But DH and I loved Bob Hope and DH still watches the Stooges!!! When DH was in the Army overseas, Bob Hope came to their base and did a show. DH loved it and will never forget it. what a guy.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Now I feel old!!! Naw..... But DH and I loved Bob Hope and DH still watches the Stooges!!! When DH was in the Army overseas, Bob Hope came to their base and did a show. DH loved it and will never forget it. what a guy.
That's awesome! My dad would have loved to see him! You aren't old. Heck, I still watch the Stooges! I see they are coming out with a movie and I'm a little weirded out by it....
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #25

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Threadjack: I have a teddy bear my aunt brought me back from London when I was four or five years old. The thing's huge (bigger than I was at that age). My aunt was coming home and had bought it for me, but it was too big to check and they were going to charge her an extra seat or some incredible fee for bringing it on the plane.

Bob Hope was on the same plane and heard what was going on, and he PAID the fee so that I could have my teddy bear. I named him "Bobby Bear" after Bob Hope.

Just a cute story about a really nice man.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
Was out all day, and am just getting to read this thread now!

This thread is a wonderful testament to the happy moods JUDDD creates because of all our successes.

Lovin the humor!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Great thread, Yam.

No, this is not a race. Might as well enjoy the ride that JUDDD is taking you on. Whether it takes you a month to get to goal, a year, two years, you are on the plan that will get you there. And it's about a whole lot more than weight loss.

What if I had a pill I could sell you that let you eat or drink anything you wanted while it burned fat, spared muscle, gave you energy, improved your moods, lowered inflammation, improved insulin resistance, blood pressure, and gave you peace with food and your body?

Believe me when I say they are in the labs around the world as we speak, trying to bottle this stuff up and sell it for a goldmine.

But guess what the good news is? You already have this precious power within you. For FREE. All you have to do is activate it through JUDDD. Then work the plan and let it work for you. No lab is going to be able to create the perfect potion that you already have at work in you right now.

No matter how long it takes, you will enjoy your life while you are living it while you are losing on JUDDD, whether it's 2 pounds per week or per month. You are losing fat but gaining so much more by doing JUDDD. So sit back, relax, and enjoy each day (whether DD or UD)
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-19-2012 at 08:32 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Threadjack: I have a teddy bear my aunt brought me back from London when I was four or five years old. The thing's huge (bigger than I was at that age). My aunt was coming home and had bought it for me, but it was too big to check and they were going to charge her an extra seat or some incredible fee for bringing it on the plane.

Bob Hope was on the same plane and heard what was going on, and he PAID the fee so that I could have my teddy bear. I named him "Bobby Bear" after Bob Hope.

Just a cute story about a really nice man.
Oh! Oh! Oh!!! I love this story! Can't wait to tell DH!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Great thread, Yam.

No, this is not a race. Might as well enjoy the ride that JUDDD is taking you on. Whether it takes you a month to get to goal, a year, two years, you are on the plan that will get you there. And it's about a whole lot more than weight loss.

What if I had a pill I could sell you that let you eat or drink anything you wanted while it burned fat, spared muscle, gave you energy, improved your moods, lowered inflammation, improved insulin resistance, blood pressure, and gave you peace with food and your body?

Believe me when I say they are in the labs around the world as we speak, trying to bottle this stuff up and sell it for a goldmine.

But guess what the good news is? You already have this precious power within you. For FREE. All you have to do is activate it through JUDDD. Then work the plan and let it work for you. No lab is going to be able to create the perfect potion that you already have at work in you right now.

No matter how long it takes, you will enjoy your life while you are living it while you are losing on JUDDD, whether it's 2 pounds per week or per month. You are losing fat but gaining so much more by doing JUDDD. So sit back, relax, and enjoy each day (whether DD or UD)
Well said!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I love this post!!! I'm feeling particularly turtle like at the moment!!! But I do feel better - I am getting smaller, I'm loving food again (ie I don't have that love/hate relationship going on) - and the weight will go - it has to! It really doesn't have a choice!!!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote