Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/168/170
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Maintaining now

My goal is 172 and I been down as far as 171 but this weekend I played around within my food but I'm sure to be down again. My question is what should be my highest weight I should allow before I refocus so I don't gain my weight back ?
Kj
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ-43 View Post
My goal is 172 and I been down as far as 171 but this weekend I played around within my food but I'm sure to be down again. My question is what should be my highest weight I should allow before I refocus so I don't gain my weight back ?
Kj
Do you eat at a fairly low carb level, or are you overall at a medium carb level with the inclusion of some quite high carb foods? That can have a bearing on what number you will allow as bounce or gain, and what number you are going to have be your *too much* number.

I eat at a medium carb average overall, usually coming in at about the 150-175 daily carbs range, but that average is what results from the very low carb foods I enjoy, like steaks and eggs and cream, and the offsetting very high carb foods I enjoy, like frosted chocolate brownies and fine artisan breads.

So since I include some high carb foods in my diet sometimes, I experience some higher bounces of water weight retention than if I keep my diet to strictly very low carb, where I experience very little weight fluctuation.

So I allow myself to get to 5 pounds over my chosen maintenance weight. If I hit that number, I tighten up considerably. And that might be by lowering my Down Day calories or by lowering my sometimes excessively high Up Day calories.

Any time I've hit 5 pounds above my desired maintenance weight, I force the issue and don't stop weight loss mode until I am completely back down to my ideal number, or below. And then I let myself relax somewhat again.

But I always keep the Up/Down calorie cycle going.. it's just that in maintenance I don't have to have numbers that are as low as they had to be during weight loss mode.

Congratulations on attaining your desired maintenance weight!!! Being the size we feel good at and like to see ourselves at is awfully nice, and it's good for our mental and physical health too, isn't it. You've done a great job, and I wish you great success in your weight maintenance and management for the rest of your years now. Good job!

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-19-2012 at 10:18 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/168/170
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Thanks for your quick response! I never did lc when I started Juddd if it happened it just fell into place like that. I am about med carb and I was thinking 5 lbs but just wanted some thought on this. So here I go to the next level and I am so so happy I found Juddd!
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
You've done so well on JUDDD that I think you will also be very, very successful in your JUDDD maintenance. And it's kinda' nice to be able to have that Down Day at a little bit higher calorie number.. you know? LOLOLOL Enjoy!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote