Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fixin
Stats: 5 ft 9 140/128/130
WOE: cycling carbs and calories (JUDD Enthusiast)
intro and question

Hello to all you clever Judders. I've been lurking for a while, intrigued to say the least. I have no weight to lose myself but my husband still wears those last ten to fifteen pounds. He lost 35 pounds low carbing 4 years ago and has kept it all off even though he has 2-3 complete cheat meals per week.

He eats lots of calories, nuts, nuts and more nuts and loves all the high cal, low carb creamy deserts I make him. So we were quite content to leave things be as he doesn't care about still carrying those last stubborn pounds and he looks real good to me..Ha! But his blood pressure is still borderline high and creeping up. He just turned 56 and I think being leaner will enable more healthy aging.

I naturally cycle my cals and carbs, figured out early on that my body doesn't like to be feed the same fuel over and over again or it will will hold fat rather than shed it. He doesn't do this so I told him how about we take Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to be his lower cal days (loosely adopting the idea from you Judders). He told me sure, so long as he still gets deserts, snacks, and good tasting meals. So, I have my work cut out for me but am up for the challenge.

I believe this will work without taking him too low in cals. He's a large frame 6 ft guy with a good metabolism so I'm going to shoot for around 1000 for him so things can be reasonable.

First day this morning. I served him an egg white scramble with a few non starchy veggies on a piece of healthy life 35 cal toast.

I sent his lunch to work with him consisting of one Joseph pita stuffed with egg whites, lettuce, light miracle whip and 2 pieces of Hormel Naturals deli Turkey. It also included 2 stalks of celery smeared with 1 laughing cow cheese wedge and 1/2 cup of gluc pudding made with almond milk and Truvia. Please tell me if you see any mistakes in what I am doing here.

I intend to make the cabbage, chicken, laughing cow concoction tonight that is popular here.

The egg white wraps? I think they could be very handy to send with him to work. I see they are made with psyllium (sp?)powder. I don't have any. I have ordered some oat fiber so I can make the down day muffin. Could I use 3 Tbs of oat fiber in place of the psyllium powder?

Thanks so much.
fixin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Can't help with the recipes - I don't LowCarb - sorry.

However, it sounds like a great plan!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'm not helpful with the recipes either, but wanted to say and I love your plan. It looks to me like you're doing well with what you fixed him. Your DH is lucky to have you, and I bet his health and weight continues to improve as you go along with this!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
What a good wife u r!!
And welcome.
Sounds like we will learn from U!
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I certainly appreciate the support. Bumpity, bump bump for help with that wrap recipe.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Fixin!

I do believe that will work! I love making oopsie rolls & pancakes for my UD and I have used Oat Fiber in them.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
I do LC and I still have no idea about the wrap you're talking about. It may be better to post it on the recipe forum for recipe help. Or was it something you saw here?
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixin View Post
Hello to all you clever Judders. I've been lurking for a while, intrigued to say the least. I have no weight to lose myself but my husband still wears those last ten to fifteen pounds. He lost 35 pounds low carbing 4 years ago and has kept it all off even though he has 2-3 complete cheat meals per week.

He eats lots of calories, nuts, nuts and more nuts and loves all the high cal, low carb creamy deserts I make him. So we were quite content to leave things be as he doesn't care about still carrying those last stubborn pounds and he looks real good to me..Ha! But his blood pressure is still borderline high and creeping up. He just turned 56 and I think being leaner will enable more healthy aging.

I naturally cycle my cals and carbs, figured out early on that my body doesn't like to be feed the same fuel over and over again or it will will hold fat rather than shed it. He doesn't do this so I told him how about we take Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to be his lower cal days (loosely adopting the idea from you Judders). He told me sure, so long as he still gets deserts, snacks, and good tasting meals. So, I have my work cut out for me but am up for the challenge.

I believe this will work without taking him too low in cals. He's a large frame 6 ft guy with a good metabolism so I'm going to shoot for around 1000 for him so things can be reasonable.

First day this morning. I served him an egg white scramble with a few non starchy veggies on a piece of healthy life 35 cal toast.

I sent his lunch to work with him consisting of one Joseph pita stuffed with egg whites, lettuce, light miracle whip and 2 pieces of Hormel Naturals deli Turkey. It also included 2 stalks of celery smeared with 1 laughing cow cheese wedge and 1/2 cup of gluc pudding made with almond milk and Truvia. Please tell me if you see any mistakes in what I am doing here.

I intend to make the cabbage, chicken, laughing cow concoction tonight that is popular here.

The egg white wraps? I think they could be very handy to send with him to work. I see they are made with psyllium (sp?)powder. I don't have any. I have ordered some oat fiber so I can make the down day muffin. Could I use 3 Tbs of oat fiber in place of the psyllium powder?

Thanks so much.
to you and DH!! I like your idea of using egg whites but knowing guys I think he is going to get a little of all the egg whites after awhile. unless the man just loves eggs(whites). I suggest you go into our DD recipe thread and check out the many, many wonderful recipes for DDs, lots are LC, too.

He is blessed to have you doing this with and for him!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Nice you have you and your husband here! I don't know about the egg white wraps...sorry. Maybe a low carb tortilla would work?
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I think it would work. Or, oat bran would work maybe better than the fiber and you can buy oat bran in the cereal aisle of your grocery store.

I think you should try it! It may make them just a bit thicker than using psyllium, but I'll bet they would be good and filling.

BTW: Here is a healthy oat bran pancake recipe that I make for my DH. I'm also helping him lose weight. As of Saturday morning, he is down -19.2 pounds and lost 2 inches from his waste!

He loves these pancakes and I bought him sugar free pancake syrup and just ordered some of the Davinci syrups everyone keeps talking about from Netrition.

Here is the recipe:

Heat pancake griddle to 375 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, add:

4 egg whites (use wire whisk to get them frothy)
1/2 cup 100% oat bran
1/2 cup fat free, plain, Greek yogurt

sweeten with 2 small packets of Splenda or whatever you like (OPTIONAL)

Mix.
Then I use a quarter cup plastic measuring cup to pour each pancake (makes 4 or 5 this way) on to the griddle.

These take a tad bit longer to cook than regular old white pancakes but you will know when they are nice and brown on one side, flip 'em.

Tip: If you skip the sweetener, these work so great for sandwiches! I use Foster Farms Oven Roasted Turkey Breast that comes packaged in the deli section of the store. Then make a delicious sandwich just like I would with bread.

These pancakes keep well in the refrigerator. Sometimes I make a double batch and keep them in a zip lock bag in the fridge all week.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Thanks so much.
Now that I think about it some more, I DO recall someone posting here in JUDDD a while back about a wrap they made with egg white and psyllium powder. I don't remember who posted it or what thread, but you might do a search in the JUDDD forum for "psyllium" and I bet it would come up.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-19-2012 at 09:52 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
..........He eats lots of calories, nuts, nuts and more nuts and loves all the high cal, low carb creamy deserts I make him. So we were quite content to leave things be as he doesn't care about still carrying those last stubborn pounds and he looks real good to me..Ha! But his blood pressure is still borderline high and creeping up. He just turned 56 and I think being leaner will enable more healthy aging..........
It sounds like you are going about this in a sensible way. Taking three days a week to do as low calorie days can't help but add to the impact of the general low carb diet you folks follow to begin with.

It sounds like your DH isn't greatly overweight at all at this time, but it also sounds very much like the reason he isn't losing those last pounds is because of the excess calories he is consuming most every day. You mentioned especially nuts and creamy desserts. Even being low in carbohydrates doesn't mean resulting weight loss if overall calories are just plainly too high for further weight loss.

Unhappily too, as we age our metabolism tends to slow, so a calorie level that we could manage in our younger years becomes *too much of a good thing* as the years go on. The other thing is, quite often blood pressure does tend to rise as folks grow older. And sometimes that doesn't actually occur just from overweight. It can just be from the effects of aging on vessels.

But, good news for what you are wanting to accomplish.. fasting is absolutely known to bring about reduction and most often actual normalizing of blood pressure, so I believe you should be able to expect JUDDD to give your DH some results there..... If he is able to hold those Down Day calories down enough to trigger that fasting magic in his body.

Your plan to hold to 1000 calories for his DDs is a great start. And for that number of calories, you can fill his belly well and completely, so he should be kept happy. LOL And as time goes by, I hope you will be able to reduce that 1000-calorie number down a bit lower occasionally too, as I think this will bring about the reduction of blood pressure for him more dependably. Obviously sticking to low carb by itself isn't doing enough in that area for him.

Good luck on JUDDD for the both of you. I think you are off to a FABULOUS and well-thought-out start! As you pour through the Down Day recipe thread, page after page, you will undoubtedly find many, many postings that give you more great ideas for DD meals.

Oh.. sorry I can't help you with the egg white wrap recipe. I don't use it and don't use many of the specialized commercial products, so I'm pretty worthless there. I'm more an *everything in moderation* JUDDDer, using just plain foods.

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-19-2012 at 09:04 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
And sorry, I forgot to mention this in my last post: Oat fiber will not work in place of the psyllium. I remember this mentioned somewhere on the recipe help and suggestion forum.

Last edited by Beeb; 03-19-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I found the wrap recipe here on the down day thread full of recipes. Yes I am loving that thread. Here it is as written.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DD Wraps

1 Cup egg whites (120 calories)
3 Tbs psillium powder (0 calories)

flavourings you like (I used a Tbs of pepper sauce)

Heat crepe or omlette pan, spray with PAM. Put a glob of the mixture in the center of the pan, pick up the pan and rotate til it makes a tortilla shape. Let sit til brown and flip. This recipe made 4 wraps for me. --Ouizoid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all those chiming in. I feel very supported and am happy to know that 1000 calories for a guy like mine is a doable place to start at least. I'm not too good with rigid rules and regulations so we'll see what happens to his weight. I'm extremely hopeful.

Beep - I hear you on all those egg whites, he ate his breakfast dutifully but I could see see suspicion on his face.... like where are my yolks? I'll need to think up a lot more variety. I'm sad to know the oat fiber won't work. I can't find that thread you were talking about yet but I'll keep looking.

Yam Yam - I love your recipe. I make one similar to that using whole oats when I eat a carb meal. I am going to try it this new way for DH. And I love the idea of making them work as a sandwich bread. It'll be great to send with him to work. Thanks so much. I'll try the recipe with the oat fiber and if that doesn't work I'll be off to the store to purchase oat bran since you have success with that method. Awesome progress for your husband. Yay!

So happy - Thanks for all your encouragement. I do think this might be the ticket to finally get his BP under full control. It is better than it was when he was much more overweight but it could come down a bunch more. You're correct, my hubby is not very overweight at all but hypertension runs in his family so I think any extra pounds send him in the wrong direction. He is 15 years older than me so he needs to stick around as long as possible LOL. And we have five kids so he better stay healthy!

Last edited by fixin; 03-19-2012 at 10:37 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #15

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Fixin, so glad you found that recipe.

Hope your DH appreciates you and that JUDDD works its magic for him.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Fixin, so glad you found that recipe.

Hope your DH appreciates you and that JUDDD works its magic for him.
He does. Thanks! Hope so.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Fixin: You and I are doing the same thing. Except I'm a bit more sneaky. I gave DH the GI Diet Book because I thought it would be simple for him to understand. He really liked it and took it to heart.

But as I'm cooking dinner right now, I'm realizing that I am covertly having him eat the JUDD way! And, he loves my cooking!

He has lost 19.2 pounds and 2 inches from his waist since February 15th. Awesome, huh? His BP has never been lower. This morning it was 115/70. It DO NOT get much better than that, me thinks!!

Tonight I'm making one of his favorites. It's called hamburger stroganoff. Except I'm using 99% fat free ground turkey cooked in EVOO and chicken broth. Added chopped green celery, green peppers, zucchinni and fresh chopped mushrooms. Then a can of Campbell's fat free cream of chicken soup and I'm going to stir in one cup of light Daisy sour cream.

then I sauteed some shredded cabbage in fat free low sodium chicken broth (the only kind I buy) and am adding whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles to the cabbage. they have 6 grams of fiber.

He so loves this. I've made it before and he raves about it.

I've got him eating salmon twice a week and he licks the plate!!!

He is so proud of himself for losing weight. I'm proud of him too. I'm proud of me too for being sneaky.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 is done!

My husband called me leaving work at 6 pm. He has a long hour and a half drive home and he said, " I know you're trying to low cal me but can I have something filling when I get home?" He was so hungry since his lunch did not sustain him very well.

I had planned only the cabbage, chicken breast and laughing cow cheese mix for his supper. I realized it wouldn't be good psychologically for him because he is not in this to be hungry or to fast. I wanted to leave a good impression for his first day so I added a bag of konjac noodles, more chicken stock, more seasoning,thickened it up some more with gluc and hoped for the best. I also added a side salad of only lettuce, 1 tsp of turkey bacon bits, a sprinkle of Parmesan and Walden Farms vinaigrette.

He liked it all and felt pretty full. Whew! Then he had some chocolate gluc pudding and I could tell he felt just fine. I don't know how many cals all that was. I'm pretty sure he stayed under 1000 today somehow and I think that's incredible because he often eats 3000 at least I bet with all his nuts etc... maybe more than that sometimes. I'm pleased with the way things went.

I can tell trick foods are the only thing that will keep him on this. I'm going to have to stock up on all things glucified.

Tomorrow he gets cheeseburger pie as a reward!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW: That's us in the avatar. I was wearing a size 16 in that photo!!! Can't believe it!! Now I'm a 12 and a loose 12 at that!!! This stuff works!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Fixin: You and I are doing the same thing. Except I'm a bit more sneaky. I gave DH the GI Diet Book because I thought it would be simple for him to understand. He really liked it and took it to heart.

But as I'm cooking dinner right now, I'm realizing that I am covertly having him eat the JUDD way! And, he loves my cooking!

He has lost 19.2 pounds and 2 inches from his waist since February 15th. Awesome, huh? His BP has never been lower. This morning it was 115/70. It DO NOT get much better than that, me thinks!!

Tonight I'm making one of his favorites. It's called hamburger stroganoff. Except I'm using 99% fat free ground turkey cooked in EVOO and chicken broth. Added chopped green celery, green peppers, zucchinni and fresh chopped mushrooms. Then a can of Campbell's fat free cream of chicken soup and I'm going to stir in one cup of light Daisy sour cream.

then I sauteed some shredded cabbage in fat free low sodium chicken broth (the only kind I buy) and am adding whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles to the cabbage. they have 6 grams of fiber.

He so loves this. I've made it before and he raves about it.

I've got him eating salmon twice a week and he licks the plate!!!

He is so proud of himself for losing weight. I'm proud of him too. I'm proud of me too for being sneaky.
Oh yeah! You and I are sneaks alright! Your food sounds delicious. It's fun isn't it?

My husband is not handy in the kitchen but he's talented in other ways and I love that he loves my cooking and that I am going to be tricking him into liking some of this lower cal stuff. I like your dinner idea.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
BTW: That's us in the avatar. I was wearing a size 16 in that photo!!! Can't believe it!! Now I'm a 12 and a loose 12 at that!!! This stuff works!
Beautiful you. And he looks very distinguished.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah! You and I are sneaks alright! Your food sounds delicious. It's fun isn't it?

My husband is not handy in the kitchen but he's talented in other ways and I love that he loves my cooking and that I am going to be tricking him into liking some of this lower cal stuff. I like your dinner idea.
It IS fun!!! DH has always loved my cooking. well, I do to. lol. Have to admit I'm a good cook. oh, when I was simmering the gr. turkey and veggies in the chicken broth I stirred in 2 TBLSP oat bran. It's wonderful, wonderful as a thickening agent. I might even try making gravy with it! So good for you.

I kind of pride myself on being creative. DH is always bragging to everyone about my cooking skills. They come naturally. My mother was a great cook and her baking.......oh my. I just started salivating thinking about it!

However, I always joke to my kids that I could serve their Daddy cardboard with ketchup and he would say, "this is the best meal I've ever had"!! He is a doll. We have been married over 39 years and I never get tired of hanging out with him!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #23

You know.. the thing is, it really is sort of hard to diet somebody else down against their wishes or without their knowledge, and for a bunch of our guys.. they really don't care about being a few pounds overweight that much. And even when they know they should lose some weight, they'll be OK with the dieting part IF they don't have to be hungry to do it. I mean, my beloved DH is a lot like that guy on the TV ad who has *The Man Cold*.. the one laying on the couch who weakly reaches out toward the coffee table and moans that he can't reach the remote! So we do what we must.

And it sounds like you gals are managing your DH's meals and diets well enough that they will lose some weight, and that is when they are going to begin to be a whole lot more willing to do what it takes, even if that means being a wee bit hungry on the off rare occasion.

Good luck. It going to be fun to read about your progress.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Beautiful you. And he looks very distinguished.
He is a war hero. He was a captain in the Army and served in Germany and Vietnam. He won the Silver Star, Four Bronze Stars and the Purple Heart when he got wounded. Plus so many other medals I cannot name them all. Our son took them all out of a shoe box a few years ago and put them in an elegant glass and wood shadow box with the flag folded underneath. And all the certificates for his medals are in a green army folder now instead of an old file folder.

DS flew up from So. Cal to our home on Veteran's Day one year to present the new display to his Dad and thank him for being our Hero. So cool.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #25

Quote:
He is a war hero. He was a captain in the Army and served in Germany and Vietnam. He won the Silver Star, Four Bronze Stars and the Purple Heart when he got wounded. Plus so many other medals I cannot name them all. Our son took them all out of a shoe box a few years ago and put them in an elegant glass and wood shadow box with the flag folded underneath. And all the certificates for his medals are in a green army folder now instead of an old file folder.

DS flew up from So. Cal to our home on Veteran's Day one year to present the new display to his Dad and thank him for being our Hero. So cool.
Yes. Absolutely cool!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You know.. the thing is, it really is sort of hard to diet somebody else down against their wishes or without their knowledge, and for a bunch of our guys.. they really don't care about being a few pounds overweight that much. And even when they know they should lose some weight, they'll be OK with the dieting part IF they don't have to be hungry to do it. I mean, my beloved DH is a lot like that guy on the TV ad who has *The Man Cold*.. the one laying on the couch who weakly reaches out toward the coffee table and moans that he can't reach the remote! So we do what we must.

And it sounds like you gals are managing your DH's meals and diets well enough that they will lose some weight, and that is when they are going to begin to be a whole lot more willing to do what it takes, even if that means being a wee bit hungry on the off rare occasion.

Good luck. It going to be fun to read about your progress.
Yes!! And I'm taking this as a real challenge. My challenge is that he will not have to be hungry and I can still have him eating the right way.

I get up at 6:00 a.m. to make him breakfast every day. And, you better believe it's a delicious, JUDD friendly breakfast! then I pack his lunch. He has a microwave at work. Every week I make a huge pot of home made non-starchy vegetable soup. He loves it!

I've been filling up a mason jar with the soup, putting an apple or a container of cottage cheese with pineapple chunks in it or sometimes half an oatbran sandwich in.

Anyway, he used to go out to lunch with "the guys" every day and they would get double cheeseburgers and fries or BBQ ribs at the new rib joint in town -- lots of stuff high in saturated fat and simple carbs.

He asked me to help him get healthy. I think he is so impressed with my progress. He keeps commenting on my flat belly and how great I look.

"Help me do what you are doing!" But he does not want to suffer.

Well, guess what?? Neither do I. And I'm NOT! You can eat a lot on DD's if you are creative and just know what to eat. He is not hungry. Believe you me! And as I said, he is almost down 20# already!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes!! And I'm taking this as a real challenge. My challenge is that he will not have to be hungry and I can still have him eating the right way.

I get up at 6:00 a.m. to make him breakfast every day. And, you better believe it's a delicious, JUDD friendly breakfast! then I pack his lunch. He has a microwave at work. Every week I make a huge pot of home made non-starchy vegetable soup. He loves it!

I've been filling up a mason jar with the soup, putting an apple or a container of cottage cheese with pineapple chunks in it or sometimes half an oatbran sandwich in.

Anyway, he used to go out to lunch with "the guys" every day and they would get double cheeseburgers and fries or BBQ ribs at the new rib joint in town -- lots of stuff high in saturated fat and simple carbs.

He asked me to help him get healthy. I think he is so impressed with my progress. He keeps commenting on my flat belly and how great I look.

"Help me do what you are doing!" But he does not want to suffer.

Well, guess what?? Neither do I. And I'm NOT! You can eat a lot on DD's if you are creative and just know what to eat. He is not hungry. Believe you me! And as I said, he is almost down 20# already!
Your morning sounds exactly like mine. I would so much rather go to the effort of making my husband's breakfast and lunch than thinking about the choices he'd make on his own.

Seems like there's two ways to approach JUDD. Some can take the approach of fasting and live on very little on DD's. Others can be sneaky and get full on quite a bit of food but there's going to have to be trickery involved. I think most men do not want to go hungry for any reason. I'm going to have to keep my husband full so I'll have to get creative.

Yesterday was a success for both of us. Thanks for all your input and enthusiasm.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad for the success yesterday, Fixin! Enjoy your UDs today!