Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post

anyone have any comments about diet soda on juddd? i havent read anything about it while reading the threads.
Like all the foods you eat on JUDDD, it's your choice. I enjoy a diet soda once, maybe twice per week.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
thats sounds good. i can easly fast until late afternoon early evening on my under days (if i dont go without period. just lots and lots of tea!
maybe i could do a 4pm and 7pm slimfast drink which would put me around 360 for a day and get through the night. working at home - i work CRAZY hours. i often stay up until 4am and up at 11am. but since i have cut out carbs (sugar) i have been sleeping a bit better and getting tired a bit earlier (which is a good thing)

anyone have any comments about diet soda on juddd? i havent read anything about it while reading the threads.
I am not a big soda person, but I like to have one one DDs if I'm really hungry or if I know I'm going to be in a meeting or something and I want to feel full (like I did today ). I also like one after long workouts...I think I crave soda because I need salt. Weird.

Don't be afraid to go above 360 if you need it. I usually eat more protein rich foods and shakes on my DDs because that goes further for me. I don't hesitate to add some light baby bels or a protein shake if I need it.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I have Diet Pepsi or Diet Sprite quite regularly and it does not seem to have an effect on my appetite or weight loss either way.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I don't drink diet soda too often, but when I do I don't notice any problems with this WOE.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Diet soda hasn't ever been a problem for me either, but I don't often drink it. When my lovely DD, MintQ8 is around we encourage each other and probably drink more of them than we should.

But nothing seems to interfere with JUDDD, providing you stick close to your numbers, do those rotations and allow the magic to work.

Ohio Guy, just so you know, I am another long, long term Atkins babe who made the move over here after stalling for years at around 10lbs above goal.

I started JUDDD at the end of October and have not only hit goal (126lbs) but have been at or below my goal since mid December. All through Xmas, New Year and a week in Austria with family in a hotel.

I started off staying LC, but introduced carbs, and now I must be honest, I eat anything and everything. I didn't believe this was possible for me. I expected all kinds of binge issues, I was scared.

But I have never felt better in my life.

I won't lie. I am loving the slices of cake I never expected to eat again. I am loving the pastas and the risottos. I am simply loving life.

I am not saying that anyone else will have my experience. Or that anyone needs to introduce any foods they feel are unhealthy or undesirable.

But the choice is entirely up to the individual. JUDDD will still do its magic, for the majority of those who try it.

Have fun.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Diet soda hasn't ever been a problem for me either, but I don't often drink it. When my lovely DD, MintQ8 is around we encourage each other and probably drink more of them than we should.

But nothing seems to interfere with JUDDD, providing you stick close to your numbers, do those rotations and allow the magic to work.

Ohio Guy, just so you know, I am another long, long term Atkins babe who made the move over here after stalling for years at around 10lbs above goal.

I started JUDDD at the end of October and have not only hit goal (126lbs) but have been at or below my goal since mid December. All through Xmas, New Year and a week in Austria with family in a hotel.

I started off staying LC, but introduced carbs, and now I must be honest, I eat anything and everything. I didn't believe this was possible for me. I expected all kinds of binge issues, I was scared.

I won't lie. I am loving the slices of cake I never expected to eat again. I am loving the pastas and the risottos. I am simply loving life.

I am not saying that anyone else will have my experience. Or that anyone needs to introduce any foods they feel are unhealthy or undesirable.

But the choice is entirely up to the individual. JUDDD will still do its magic, for the majority of those who try it.

Have fun.
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Have fun.
Cindy: Hope I won't embarrass you by saying this:

Everyone should go to Cindy (Kissa)'s profile page. Check out her pictures!!! (before and after).

I have been reading a lot about how JUDD (alternate day fasting) is an anti-aging, health promoting, life-extending WOE.

If you look up JUDD in the dictionary, or look up "fountain of youth" Cindy's picture should be there! All doubters just check it out. I'm serious! I was blown away!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:

Have fun.
WOW! WOWWOW!! lol
its post like that is why i decided im moving this way after i finish with induction.
I literally, JUST went out and bought a brand new treadmill lol
not cheap but obviously worth every penny if it help get you healthy i guess.
im just not making any excuses ...im ready =))
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

i have to admit i drink WAY to much diet coke. i have cut it down by 60% or so since induction. it taste a little strange now lol. but i havent quit and think it could help me get through DD more easily.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Just wanted to say welcome!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

thanks!!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
OhioGuy, Diet Coke Is my soda of choice and I'm sure I need to cut back, but I keep telling myself it's my only vice!!!!Hasn't hurt my weight loss that I know of. You are already seeing just how much support and encouragement you will have here. ....onward and downward!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Diet coke is definitely my drink of choice - UD or DD!! I probably do drink too much of it! Not as much as I used to though!!!!!

I suppose you have to decide for yourself. There's a lot of talk about it not being good for you - and I'm sure it's right - but if I had to only drink water all day - I hate, hate, hate Cordials, SF or otherwise -I would go crazy!!!!!! I don't like most juice (and now it would be too high on a DD and waste cals on an UD); milk - only in tea or coffee, never alone.

So what else is there to drink? Other diet sodas - don't like them! Wine & Cider on an UD (although if you're clever you can sneak em in on a DD!!)

to help you with your weekends - this list might be useful - it is per 12oz bottle
1.Beck's Premier Light: 64 calories (fewest!)
2.Amstel Light: 95 calories
3.Anheuser Busch Natural Light: 95 calories
4.Michelob Ultra: 95 calories - lowest carb @ 2.6 carbs
5.Natural Light: 95 calories
6.Miller Light: 96 calories - 3.2 carbs
7.Heineken Light: 99 calories
8.Budweiser Select: 99 calories
9.Coors Light: 102 calories - 5 carbs
10.Corona Light: 105 calories

Otherwise - perhaps rum and diet coke is your lowest bet!

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

i do prefer diet coke and whiskey but its not a good idea for a long evening lol.
someone pointed out that bud select has only 1.5(ish) carbs, and i think 55 calories.
=)) heck, thats 10 beers on a dd!! hahaa of course on no other food, that would be bad news lol
Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
best of luck to ya girl~
Woopsie.. I am so used to girls i dint even read the name.. Sorry Guy! Welcome any way
Old 03-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
i do prefer diet coke and whiskey but its not a good idea for a long evening lol.
someone pointed out that bud select has only 1.5(ish) carbs, and i think 55 calories.
=)) heck, thats 10 beers on a dd!! hahaa of course on no other food, that would be bad news lol
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Woopsie.. I am so used to girls i dint even read the name.. Sorry Guy! Welcome any way

lol, you're not the first! several have thought i was a girl so far.
owell, not a big deal, i just keep on reading lol
Old 03-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
lol, you're not the first! several have thought i was a girl so far.
owell, not a big deal, i just keep on reading lol
happy your here!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am trying to imagine fasting all day then drinking 10 beers.

The interesting part is, JUDDD would not mind. The friends I threw up on might.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

lol, 10 is a good start (but im a big guy!)
Old 03-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

Yes...they might.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:

Have fun.
I just want to chime in here and welcome you, too! My story is so similar to Cindy's that I thought I'd quote it here. I, too, have been a long-time Atkins gal who could never quite make it to goal. As it turns out, hCG got me the closest, but I was till not quite there. JUDDD worked like a charm and now I'm happily, and easily, maintaining BELOW my goal. My DH likes it, too. He follows it much more loosely than I do, but he's staying near his goal weight. We both are enjoying some higher carb foods than we'd dared eat for years, and our bodies seem to be handling them just fine, thank you very much. If I didn't feel comfortable with the research that suggests super health benefits from eating this way, even at a higher carb level, I would've continued eating low carb. Now I get to have my cake and eat it too, AND stay healthy! You're going to love this WOE!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
I seen that and chuckled. Its still not as bad as the day I was in the main forums and looked at the wrong picture, then asked the guy if TOM was due!! I was a little !!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
I seen that and chuckled. Its still not as bad as the day I was in the main forums and looked at the wrong picture, then asked the guy if TOM was due!! I was a little !!!!
Now that is funny!!!

Welcome OhioGuy! I am sure you are going to love this WOE!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

lol

thanks!
im headed for my lc slimfast now (just in case the tea doesnt cut it)